RESOLVED: webhostservice[dot]org has copied the hubpages site

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (68 posts)
  1. LillyGrillzit profile image78
    LillyGrillzitposted 8 years ago

Perhaps this is old hat and I didn't read the memo, but just wanted to let you know (I informed HubPages) that web host service dot org has hacked HubPages. http : // webhostservice . org/ They have inserted their url into every one of my Hubs.

1. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I just looked at two of your hubs and didn't see any webhostservice.org links.  You may have some adware that is inserting the links, but it's only visible to you on your computer.

Can you link to a hub of yours where you see the links?  If no one else can see them, I think it's safe to say HP has not been hacked and it's just your device.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image72
      Matthew Meyerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Looks like they pretty much just copied the site verbatim and changed some of the wording to their domain.
      Our engineering and management team is aware of the issue and are working to determine the appropriate legal action.
      If you have noted your content copied without your permission, then you have the option to issue a DMCA notice as well.

LillyGrillzitposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Matt, and I appreciate the quick response. I have filed a DMCA on every one of my hubs that are hacked with the added url. Thank you again.

2. LillyGrillzit profile image78

They have taken them down from my Hubs. The other remains.

1. Stacie L profile image89
          Stacie Lposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thye are still and and have the nerve to have a copyright notice..unbelievable!

I was wrong. Thank you WriterFox

3. Sharlee01 profile image81
        Sharlee01posted 8 years agoin reply to this

The big problem here is now our hubs will be picked up by Google as duplicate content. This will result in Google sending hubs to the bottom of the page ranking,  This will send our traffic plummeting. I truly hope "Hubpages" can straighten this .mess out.

1. Glenn Stok profile image98
          Glenn Stokposted 8 years agoin reply to this

This is why we all need to notify google in addition to sending a DMCA takedown notice to the host.

1. Writer Fox profile image30
            Writer Foxposted 8 years agoin reply to this

So, what host did you send it to?

I discovered that webhostservice . org is protected by PrivacyProtect to hide their true identity. But the server names they use are hosted by Network Solutions. So I sent the DMCA takedown request to their Infringement Notification Agent at abuse@web.com as specified here: http://copyright.gov/onlinesp/agents/n/ … utions.pdf

WF, you are always very helpful with finding agents, so if you discover something different, please let us know.

I think I found it ??? https:// who.godaddy.com /whoisstd. aspx?domain= webhostservice.org& prog_id=GoDaddy&k=Iw6cQKtYx9MkKbhCYx15FocgaSDf62z48ufwU3MZRuTByEaPzImhCKn6yIfFHSAh5UuheAwIp4w%3d

Out of Queensland AU

WHOIS search results for:WEBHOSTSERVICE. ORG(Registered)
              Is this your
              domain?    GO
              Add hosting, email and more.
              Want to buy
              this domain?    GO
              Get it with our Domain Buy service.
              Domain Name:WEBHOSTSERVICE ORG
              Domain ID: D176592814-LROR
              Creation Date: 2015-06-18T15:44:27Z
              Updated Date: 2015-06-23T12:58:33Z
              Registry Expiry Date: 2016-06-18T15:44:27Z
              Sponsoring Registrar: PDR Ltd. d/b/a PublicDomainRegistry. com (R27-LROR)
              Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 303
              WHOIS Server:
              Referral URL:
              Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited -- http://www .icann.org /epp#clientTransferProhibited
              Domain Status: serverTransferProhibited -- http:// www. icann. org/ epp#serverTransferProhibited
              Registrant ID:PP-SP-001
              Registrant Name:Domain Admin
              Registrant Organization:Privacy Protection Service INC d/b/a PrivacyProtect. org
              Registrant Street: C/O ID#10760, PO Box 16
              Registrant Street: Note - Visit PrivacyProtect .org
              Registrant Street: to contact the domain owner/operator
              Registrant City:Nobby Beach
              Registrant State/Province:Queensland
              Registrant Postal Code:QLD 4218
              Registrant Country:AU
              Registrant Phone:+45.36946676
              Registrant Phone Ext:
              Registrant Fax:
              Registrant Fax Ext:
              Registrant Email:contact@privacy protect.org
              Admin ID:PP-SP-001
              Admin Name:Domain Admin
              Admin Organization:Privacy Protection Service INC d/b/a PrivacyProtect. org
              Admin Street: C/O ID#10760, PO Box 16
              Admin Street: Note - Visit PrivacyProtect .org
              Admin Street: to contact the domain owner/operator
              Admin City:Nobby Beach
              Admin State/Province:Queensland
              Admin Postal Code:QLD 4218
              Admin Country:AU
              Admin Phone:+45.36946676
              Admin Phone Ext:
              Admin Fax:
              Admin Fax Ext:
              Admin Email:contact@privacy protect. org
              Tech ID:PP-SP-001
              Tech Name:Domain Admin
              Tech Organization:Privacy Protection Service INC d/b/a Privacy Protect.org
              Tech Street: C/O ID#10760, PO Box 16
              Tech Street: Note - Visit Privacy Protect. org
              Tech Street: to contact the domain owner/operator
              Tech City:Nobby Beach
              Tech State/Province:Queensland
              Tech Postal Code:QLD 4218
              Tech Country:AU
              Tech Phone:+45.36946676
              Tech Phone Ext:
              Tech Fax:
              Tech Fax Ext:
              Tech Email:contact@ privacyprotect. org
              Name Server:MELINDA.NS.CLOUDFLARE .COM
              Name Server:JASON.NS.CLOUDFLARE .COM
              Name Server:
              Name Server:
              Name Server:
              Name Server:
              Name Server:
              Name Server:
              Name Server:
              Name Server:
              Name Server:
              Name Server:
              Name Server:
              DNSSEC: Unsigned

Access to Public Interest Registry WHOIS information is provided to assist persons in determining the contents of a domain name registration record in the Public Interest Registry registry database. The data in this record is provided by Public Interest Registry for informational purposes only, and Public Interest Registry does not guarantee its accuracy. This service is intended only for query-based access. You agree that you will use this data only for lawful purposes and that, under no circumstances will you use this data to(a) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission by e-mail, telephone, or facsimile of mass unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations to entities other than the data recipient's own existing customers; or (b) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes that send queries or data to the systems of Registry Operator, a Registrar, or Afilias except as reasonably necessary to register domain names or modify existing registrations. All rights reserved. Public Interest Registry reserves the right to modify these terms at any time. By submitting this query, you agree to abide by this policy. For more information on Whois status codes, please visit https: // www .icann. org/resources/pages /epp-status-codes-2014-06-16-en.

No. GoDaddy is only the registrar. See my answer to WF.

I saw and sent one to Network Solutions - Thank you!

And, GoDaddy as well because if I am going to spend 8 hours tracking this down, I am going to complain far and wide, to make sure they are stopped. Sorry, I have had it with these bums.

I can understand that you want to get everyone involved - "far and wide" as you said in your other post. But just make sure you also send it to "RIPE Network Coordination Centre" (as I noted in my other post) since they are the actual host and the only one who can take it down. 

After that we can all take a breather and just sit back and wait for results.

3. Glenn Stok profile image98

WF, My prior reply to you was wrong. They are just using Network Solutions name servers. That mislead me. But Network Solutions helped me find the TRUE host.

Host: RIPE Network Coordination Centre 
              Send DMCA takedown request to: abuse@ripe.net

Be careful to include ALL your stolen hubs, including your profile URL since that is plagiarized too.

In addition to sending the request to RIPE, I also filed my complete list of stolen hubs with Google so it gets listed in chillingeffects.org.

The last time this happened, it broke my spirit, and I stopped writing. The thing that  killed it was that the pirates who hacked HP in 2013 were making 5X the money on my work than I make here. I just quit. Over the years i have learned. I made a spreadsheet of my real urls, and a spreadsheet of hacked or stolen urls. Permanent records that make it as easy as "Find & Replace" for the next thieves. Thank you for all of your assistance. I am going to have a wonderful day, and I wish that for everyone who has been affected. Peace.

2. Writer Fox profile image30

I sent a notice to ripe.net, but I don't think that will get the job done.  Ripe is a non-profit registry only; it isn't even a hosting service.  This is from its website: "Regional Internet Registry for Europe, the Middle East and parts of Central Asia. As such, we allocate and register blocks of Internet number resources to Internet service providers (ISPs) and other organisations."  If you search the offending IP address on the ripe.net site, it says to send your email to the abuse address (below) at hostkey.ru https://apps.db.ripe.net/search/query.h … ultsAnchor
                (The guy's name and phone number is on there, too, if anyone feels like calling Estonia.)

I sent notices to the owner of the site, the hosting service, and two head honchos:

abuse(@)kryptos.pro
                sys(@)kryptos.pro  (Subject line: Vladislav Sergeev Copyright Infringement)
                also sent from the contact form: http://   www   .kryptos.in/contact-action.php
                ripe(@)hostkey.ru
                abuse(@)hostkey.ru
                ashevchenko(@)hostkey.ru

The site is hosted in the Netherlands, but is owned by a company in Russia.  Hostkey is a known spammer: http://blog.jewe.org/?p=1648

If someone doesn't know what to write on the email, this is what I do:

Pursuant to The Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works, the Universal Copyright Convention, the WIPO Copyright Treaty, and U.S. Law 17 USC 512(c)(3)(A), this communication serves as a statement that:

I am the owner of the Trademark Writer Fox™ and the exclusive rights holder and author of the following 63 webpages, posted on www.HubPages.com:

(List of my Profile and Hub URLs)

These exclusive rights are being violated by material available upon this site you are hosting at this IP address 46.17.100.111, which has plagiarized over 300,000 pages of content from hubpages.com:

http://    webhostservice.org

Specifically, the content under my copyright and plagiarized on this site you are hosting is found on these URLs:

(List of all URLs on the plagiarist's site)

My Name (I use Writer Fox)
                Mailing Address
                Phone No
                email address

I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by me, the copyright owner, its agent, or the law. I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.

I hereby request that you remove or disable access to this material as it appears on webhostservice.org in as expedient a fashion as possible.

Signed: Writer Fox

I searched for a hub of mine to share with a group. When I did the search, I found my entire profile, and all of my hubs with webhostservice dot org inserted in everyone. Google webhostsevice dot org and you come up with a fake HubPages landing site.

3. LillyGrillzit profile image78

Correct Calculus-Geometry, from here they don't. From the search engines they do. I went to another computer using a different search engine, and web host service dot org, when you click on it comes up as a HubPages. "Copyright © 2015 Webhostservice. org Inc. and respective owners.
    Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
    Webhostservice. org® is a registered Service Mark of Webhostservice. org, Inc.
    Webhostservice .org and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, eBay, Google, and others.

The Hub of the Day is their main photo. If you click on the FB icon at the bottom of the hacked page you get the real HubPages FB, but if you click on the Twitter Icon; https hmm /twitter. com / Webhostservice .orgDotCom shows an error.

4. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 8 years ago

Okay, I see what you mean now.  It looks like they copied the mobile version but they're not displaying any ads. And I looked at some hubs with Amazon capsules and they all have HP's code.  Very weird, I wonder what they get out of it, unless they installed something bad on my computer now that I checked it out, lol.

LOL. No, I found one other Hubber with the same change. I informed that person as well as HP and filed the DMCA on all of my Hubs.

5. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 8 years ago

This thing has been around forever.

1. flycatcherrr profile image68
      flycatcherrrposted 8 years agoin reply to this

But the 'whois' record says the webhostservice dot org site was only created on June 18 of this year, not even a month ago - although the domain has been registered for much longer. Web archive isn't showing any older versions. [edited to add: Here's the only archived version, as you can see content has nothing to do with Hubpages: http://web.archive.org/web/201307161726 … rvice.org/ ] Perhaps you're thinking of another site that's been around forever, Linda? I'm just a bit confused about why this one wouldn't have shown up in Copyscape reports before now.

+1

6. LuisEGonzalez profile image76
    LuisEGonzalezposted 8 years ago

Well my hubs are there too, no adds, but they are are there and when you click on my name it takes you to http://   luisegonzalez.webhostservice.org/
    Looks like we are all in there. Writer Fox seems popular as they have all, if not most, of his hubs.............

http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/12515100_f248.jpg

7. LindaSmith1 profile image61

flycatcher:  I moved my content around later part of last year from HP.  This site existed before then.  In fact there was a thread about it.  Hubbers were left to deal with it on their own by filing DMCA.   

I don't recall if site was taken down or not.  Maybe they changed their name/host.  However, the  one thing I do remember is that when you went to the site, you would think you were on Hub Pages.     

Hubbers had same complaints that they are having now with this site.

8. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Looks like they have copied entire site.  Although all of my hubs are now gone, they have my profile on their site.

With all due respect Linda, since you have -o- Hubs published, what is the reason you are participating in a forum of this nature?

9. Glenn Stok profile image98
    Glenn Stokposted 8 years ago

Thanks, Lilly, for reporting this. I noticed all my hubs are there too. And my Hub Of The Day is on their home page just as you said. What's interesting is that it includes all the latest comments. They seem to be copying in real-time. I'm going to send them a complete list of all my hubs in a DMCA takedown notice and report it to Google too.

Where did you send your DMCA notice?  I found several different addresses for that site.

I went straight to Google. They had it off mine in hours. Considering this is no error, the less info they have of mine, the better.  I don't understand why Google is allowing the landing page to continue to stand? Maybe they are trapping the culprit.

Sorry to inform, but all of your Hubs are still on that site: (remove spaces)
          http:  //lillygrillzit.  webhostservice.org

Informing Google just removes from search results; Google cannot remove content on someone else's website.

Heck. I checked yesterday and they were not there any longer. Thanks for the heads up. When I googled the site it came back to a HubPages account, but since it was odd I simply passed the info onto HP as a flag. More detective work.

I don't understand. What do you mean it came back to a HubPages account? Maybe too early in the morning for me to think straight. But Google is still indexing webhostservice . org when I just checked.

When I first discovered this I did a search within the HubPages search bar to see if this was a known issue. Nothing came up but a Hub. It wasn't a typical hub but was full of code. There were enough format and language issues to count it as substandard and I flagged it. It may have been coincidence. If so, no harm done.

Okay. I found webhostservices. org which adds an extra s. but there is a / submit# which becomes slashdot . Webhostservice (s) is listed in Japan. I sent the DMCA takedown to them, but still looking for addresses to file.

http: //webhostservice .org/ email /help /advertising This is via the fake HP landing site. I will file my DMCA Takedown there for giggles.

After I hit send; "Not Found"

Thank you HP for filing on them.

2. SheilaMilne profile image91
        SheilaMilneposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I went straight to Google too, though only a couple of hours ago.  My pages are still there.

If you look at Chillingeffects . org, you can see that HubPages has put in a DMCA notice

1+ Thank you.

You are welcome Glenn. It must have just happened when I found it, because there was only one other Hubber I could find that day.

3. Matthew Meyer profile image72

It looks like it is a proxy of some kind.

I hate to show ignorance, but what is a proxy? I looked it up but it doesn't explain how these thieves have duplicated so much of HP?? Like a live - mirror image thingy? Thank you Matthew.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image72

Here is a Wikipedia article that explains proxy servers.
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_server

2. Glenn Stok profile image98

Matt, If it is a proxy server, might there be a way that you can block their IP address from accessing the data on HubPages?  Their IP address is 46.17.100.111 - I found that via the IP lookup tool at  http://www.kloth.net/services/nslookup.php

I'm not sure Glen, but I did pass on the information to our engineering team!

1. PegCole17 profile image93
            PegCole17posted 8 years agoin reply to this

It's good to see some input from staff, Matthew. I'm glad this is being addressed. Just checked a couple of minutes ago and saw these hubs:

http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12517027.jpg

AliciaC and Glenn Stok are on the list.

Peg, I hate to tell you this, but 113 pages of yours are on that site too. 112 hubs plus your profile. pegcole17 <dot> webhostservice <dot> org

1. PegCole17 profile image93

</dot></dot>

Aaarrgggh! Thanks for letting me know...

2. Writer Fox profile image30

Now, you need to remove the content from Google's cache.  I would suggest that you do this for at least your profile page:
              http:// UserName (dot) webhostservice (dot) org/

You can do that here:
              https://support.google.com/webmasters/a … 3691?hl=en
              Click on choice #1.

If you are already signed in to Google, go here:
              https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/removals

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image76
                LuisEGonzalezposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the link. Google says my content is already gone.

1+

2. PegCole17 profile image93

Thank you. Finally got this to work by copying my URL from my actual profile page and pasting it in. The message said that the copycat site page has been removed. My request for removal from Google is now pending! Yea!

3. LillyGrillzit profile image78

1+ Thank you.

2. PegCole17 profile image93

+1
            Anything new?

1. SheilaMilne profile image91
              SheilaMilneposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I think it may finally be gone.  It's coming up with "403 Forbidden" for me.

1. brakel2 profile image73
                brakel2posted 8 years agoin reply to this

It came up for me too as forbidden.

10. LindaSmith1 profile image61

With all due respect:  I have a profile page on that site.   I do have an account here, whether I have hubs or not.  Are you forum police?

Your answer was not very respectful, and yes if it concerns me and my stolen work, yes I will help police this site. You have nothing invested in stolen Hubs, and you didn't answer my respectful question.

11. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 8 years ago

The HP clone on webhostservice.org is gone, but webhostservices.org (note the s) is hosting a clone of Slashdot. What's up with all these website clones?

That's a bad group of people!  I just notified Slashdot that it got scraped.

I got a nasty email from the Russian guy in response to one of my DMCA requests.  It said:

Please pay attention to the text below:

Claiming procedure against your client for violation of your copyright/trademarks/license/intellectual property rights/etcetera in Russia?

We won’t accept your claim/complaint about violation of copyright and associated rights unless you send us the complaint originals, translated into Russian by air mail with the signature and stamp of your company.

Our postal address: 19/2, Lva Tolstogo st., 119021, Moscow, Attn: Mir Telematiki Ltd.

The claim/complaint should include:

Applicant name (first names and surname — for individuals, full trade name — for companies);

Registered address — for companies, registered address and/or place of residence — for individuals (apartment /suite, street, city, region, republic/country and zip code), i.e. the address to which a reply to your claim/complaint should be sent to; and your e-mail address;

State registration certificate data — for companies; identity document (passport or its equivalent) data — for individuals;

Your claim/complaint should specify the grounds for its filing and all material facts. If any materials/documents/information etc. are available on any websites and that violates any copyright, your claim/complaint should necessarily indicate full references to specific page (pages) of the website on which the given information and materials are located.

Also the claim should state that the applicant undertakes to indemnify for losses incurred by the Operator in case of unauthorized website ban, if afterwards the claim is proved to contain false information about violation of the applicant’s copyright.

The claim should be accompanied by certified copies of documents proving the applicant’s copyright.

All pages of such enclosed copies should be signed and stamped by the applicant company chief executive; or such enclosed copies should be certified by a notary public if the applicant is an individual. The claim/complaint made for and on behalf of a company should be signed and stamped by its chief executive or by any authorized representative acting under the power-of-attorney, the copy of which to be enclosed.

The claim made for and on behalf of an individual applicant should be signed by the applicant itself; and the signature on the claim should be certified by a notary public.

All claims/complaints are being considered within 60 days. In case of claim satisfaction infringing materials could be directly deleted with any technical means. The company shall take all necessary measures and shall notify the applicant about it by e-mail indicated in the claim. If a claim is not accepted for satisfaction or the remedy is not feasible, the company shall provide the applicant with the grounds for its refusal in writing by mail to the address indicated in the claim.

Any claims made by anonymous or delivered by e-mail or fax WILL NOT be accepted and considered.

Thanks for reading this letter; we hope that you will not waste our and your time in vain.

tongue

Wow.  How about the FBI Cyber crime division. I wonder how they would deal with that?

I incorrectly did send a complaint to GoDaddy, and they verified just what you said WriterFox: Discussion Notes
        Support Staff Response
        Lori,

Thank you for writing.  From what I'm gathering, you're trying to file a complaint against the website content associated with WEBHOSTSERVICE.ORG.  My investigation shows that the IP address for that site is 46.17.100.111 which is currently assigned to Vladislav Kurmis in Estonia and listed as being run by Kryptos as you say.

Please note that if you lookup the IP address the abuse address is listed as abuse@hostkey.ru.  This leads me to believe that the IP address is being supplied by a data provider called Host Key.  If you are not able to contact Kryptos directly for assistance in getting this content removed, you may wish to contact Hostkey.

The names you list (melinda.ns.cloudflare.com & jason.ns.cloudflare.com) are DNS servers utilized by DNS provider Cloudflare Inc.  They have nothing to do with our company.​

I can tell you that based on my research into this matter, GoDaddy is not serving this content.

I'm sorry that we're not able to further assist you.

Kindest Regards,

D Preston
        Trademark & Copyright Claims Manager
        Go Daddy Operating Company, LLC
        CopyrightClaims@godaddy.com
        _________
        and...I sent one to Slashdot before them, but with no response. Thanks for keeping me straight.

12. Lady Lorelei profile image85
    Lady Loreleiposted 8 years ago

Re: webhostservice.org
    When I searched my work for plagiarism these characters also have mine. I get a 404 forbidden. My question is: Does forbidden mean that I am blocked from viewing the content or does it mean that the site is gone?

That specific message may be related to the server configuration (the content may have been removed by the webhost).
      The main site URL is still returning
      SERVER RESPONSE: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
      http://tools.seobook.com/server-header- … rotocol=11

13. brakel2 profile image73
    brakel2posted 8 years ago

When you look up Website Service. org now, it says that site cannot be found. This was the clone from several weeks ago.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)