Should I choose the rich guy or the poor guy?

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (124 posts)
  1. Mamelody profile image59
    Mamelodyposted 14 years ago

Ok am not usually one of them poops who bear the soul on the internet but since its becoming normal for people to pour out their troubles I figured I can share mine too..

Anyway I'm in a bit of a pickle so here goes..

Four months ago I met a lovely guy who is TDH (tall dark and handsome), absolute gentleman who is so sweet, passionate, loving and you know all the good stuff. He's got the whole package, lovely broad chest works out, has a five pack chest and well the goods down town are fabulous tongue

A week later I met another guy, who has the same characteristics as the first guy.. he just has brown hair and a bit longer than the first guy.

They both make me laugh and we always have a good time and life just seems like heaven when I'm with either of them.

They both know about each other as I did not want to have any secrets so I spilled the beans and made it known. They've never met each other so it's all good until....

They both want a serious relationship and they both want me to move in with them..

Now both these guys are solid gems.. you know the prince charming we ladies always want and now I have two of them!

The only difference between these two guys is the issue of finance. The first guy is a rich guy, owns several businesses (construction and real estate business) and his annual net salary is over $1 million a year and he has it all. He's never been married, has no kids so he's looking to settle down.

Second guy is not as rich as the first guy.. he's a sales manager who just got laid off his job as his company closed down so presently he is unemployed but looking for work and has a daughter from a previous relationship.

Now financially, I don't need a man as I run my own hair salon and I work as a part time financial consultant and I got my own mortgage free house, two cars and I pretty much look after myself so money has nothing to do with how I feel about these two guys.

I like them both and I wish I could have them both but ultimately I have to choose one as they have both proposed that they want to take things to the next level.

What do I do? if you were in my shoes? who would you pick and why?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image61
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

tell them about your situation and see what their answers will be, the one who will say choose the one who will make you happy is the best man for you

2. Hmrjmr1 profile image68
      Hmrjmr1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

from a male perspective...
      I'm a widower so if it was me in the situation with ladies as such I would go for the money..

But I would advise you that the guy with the bucks  has earned them by long hours and hard work that are probably ingrained habits. It's not that he'll love you less but you have to know the biz is the biz, being independent yourself you may have a greater understanding of the sacrifices it takes to get so far.

If you value companionship more, go with the poor man...

3. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

four months is not very long. you should know who you prefer.
      wish you could have both? do you love either of them?

4. Mr Nice profile image76
      Mr Niceposted 14 years agoin reply to this

♥♥♥ Since you are not sure, "Ménage à trois" sounds good in your situation because you like both of them & love neither one.
      If you can handle French style then it is ok, I am just kidding.
      If you think both of them sound, too good then choose the rich guy. If that doesn't work, forget about both of them because you are sooooooo beautiful & I am always available...hahaha. Don't think too much. I wish you good luck ♥♥♥

5. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think I would rather stay single... you have it all, so why don't you just say that you want to keep it the way it is for the time being.  Let em both stew for a bit and see what happens.  A solution will come into being sooner or later.

Or do you want to settle down and have kids?  What's the hurry?

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OO I like that 'let them stew for a bit'
        Yep I agree. Like I said focus on YOU and other factors will fall into place Mamelody...Shaz has good sound advice too smile

Mamelodyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ditto smile

2. Mamelody profile image59

now you're talking! I would give you one of them just to say thanks for the advice lol

1. profile image0

err.. I think I would have em for dinner baby!  hehehe

6. Jenna Pope profile image60
      Jenna Popeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would go with the righ guy, if I were you.  It sounds like he has a lot less baggage.

7. profile image0
      Maximus591posted 14 years agoin reply to this

My goodness.

You silly little girl.

You seem superficially frothy, a bit like a cream puff without the substance.

Whatever decision you finally arrive at, I'm sure it will be in keeping with who you are as a person.

Ouch.

lol you sound like my aunt lol

2. Daniel Carter profile image62
        Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oink, oink!!! He tried to say!!!

8. NewYorker profile image59
      NewYorkerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Rich guy, honey.. Rich guy.

9. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

well neither one of them sounds interesting to me, but that's all right. i would hold off and date both of them and then choose the one who you feel happy with. only one person can make you feel that certain way. money and position have nothing to do with love.

10. profile image53
      KraZyDIposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I think you should let the one who lost his job move in. Living with someone tells all. Plus it will show how responsible he is , in regards to getting another job.

Tell the other guy your taking a test drive!

11. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

THE RICH GUY, DITCH THE POOR GUY!

2. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 14 years ago

My simple answer to you is that if you don't know which one to "pick" as you put it, then perhaps you should not be with either of them.

3. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 14 years ago

Do you actually love either of these two guys? If you do, then the answer is easy - choose the one you love!

4. Mamelody profile image59

I do love them both the same.. which is the annoying part.. would have been easier if I loved one more than the other

1. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't know, "annoyed" seems to be an awfully mild term to describe your feelings about being in love with two men at the same time.  Are you sure you truly love either of them? 

I'm only saying this because I'm assuming since you posted your dilemma on an internet forum you were wanting honest feedback.

Yep honesty is the best policy and to be honest I just want to be friends first but that seems to be going on deaf ears lol tongue

5. Bill Manning profile image67
    Bill Manningposted 14 years ago

It sounds to me like you really don't know them all that well yet. Everyone jumps too fast today. You don't know anyone well until after a year, and even then you'll find things out you did not.

Since your already well off the only thing you should be basing your decision on is how you feel about them. You must like one just a little bit more than the other.

Also, what about them? Does one seem to be in love with you more than the other? Will the well off guy get bored with you after a while since he can have whoever he wants?

I'd date them both a while more until you can really say for sure you want to be with one over the other. Regrets of lost loves suck big time!

well they both have strong feelings for me but your right, and my instinct gut tells me not to rush into anything. I'd make a shitty girlfriend anyway lol tongue

1. Bill Manning profile image67
        Bill Manningposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure you make a great girlfriend, after all you have two hot guys that want you! But taking it slow is always the best when your undecided.

Having said that, I myself can't bear to date a girl who is also seeing someone else. I'm an all or nothing type, I only date one girl at a time and I expect the same back.

So I feel the guys pain of wanting to only date you only. But see if you can go a bit longer to give yourself more time. Maybe tell them both you want to see them for a month more, than you'll make your decision. smile

I now know who to come to for advice.. Cheers mate excellent advice! wink

Your welcome. Actually if you want great advice, I say date me for a bit, then decide between the three of us, lol!!  big_smile

LOL you're already breaking your rule of not dating a girl with too many men! tut tut! lol smile

JK. Besides, Brazil would be a really, really long distance for a date since I'm in Florida. However if you ever take a Disney vacation,,,,,, wink

men! lol can't say no to a pretty gal despite her having an army of men.. lol funny lot you are sad

2. tantrum profile image61
                  tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

where did I heard this before ? hmm

roll

lol

1. myownworld profile image73
                    myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile..probably in that 'pickup line' thread below....roll

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You met a wonderful guy who has everything you want and still started dating some one else?

And you are asking random strangers on the internet for advice as to which one to go for?

I am going with, "yes," to this. wink

lol lol

2. AdsenseStrategies profile image63
          AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Seconded... definitely

well hello 007.. still looking yummy! tongue

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image63

I just realized you are from Brazil. Suddenly this thread makes a lot more sense roll

well thank you.. usually Brazilians never make any sense tongue

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image63

Don't I know it. Although I have a really good friend who is Brazilian... mind you, he is a male....

our men are predators thats's for damn sure... tongue

lol
                  So we are neighbors ??
                  Ha ha !

I often wondered who the weirdo was next door.. nice to finally meet you lol tongue

6. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 14 years ago

I was going to suggest you marry the rich guy, then after a bit, divorce him and take him for everything!! (just joking guys!)
    But it sounds as if you are not ready for committment with either of them. Don't rush into anything when you aren't sure. Take you time, chill out. You will know when it feels right.

7. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Go for polyandry lol

lol

8. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Nice afternoon in salon story !
    lol

I'm not buying !
    lol

oh don't worry.. it's on the house for you.. you was headline news in here lol tongue

1. tantrum profile image61

do you want an autograph ? tongue

9. profile image0
    Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years ago

Who did you meet second? I think that's the one you should go with because the man you met first was obviously lacking if you picked up another guy. I think that would be the best decision for YOU.

But you also have to consider the feelings of the two men. BOTH want you to move in with them, which is a sign of commitment, and, from my experience, is a very hard step to take for a man. If a man wants to make a commitment to you, that means his feelings for you are very strong.

So, here is my advice: Take a break from both of them. See which one you miss the most or if you even miss them at all. Taking a break will give you a chance to clear your head.

Don't choose one just for the sake of having a boyfriend though. And don't keep stringing them along either. Men, although they often don't EXPRESS emotions, still HAVE emotions and they run just as deeply as a woman's.

I met the rich guy first.. taking a break sounds like a good option too..

10. alexandriaruthk profile image70
    alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

nice story, choose the poor guy and give me the rich guy,

BTW, choose the ONE you love, dont talk to them for one week and see whom you miss the most

lol am sure we can make an arrangement

11. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

...did I just lose my way and walk into a dating site...again? yikes

There does seem to be a lot of horny people around here!  lol

yikes yikes you still there???

((( just girls having a laugh...you're alright....wink)))

well if they were no horny people you wouldn't be here now, would you? tongue

12. alexandriaruthk profile image70
    alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

BILL is popular like BIll CLINTON

yep, the man of the moment...!

Thank you, thank you very much!  Oh wait, that was sarcasm wasn't it? Ok I'll go away and do my own thing,,,,, I mean,,,, never mind,,,,, lol

lol

If you had said Venice, for example....

lol

lol or naples....or hell, even a cafe....

But Disneyworld !... lol

(((bill....billlllll...where are ya? tell why...why disneyland???)))

Maybe he's a fetishist of some kind !
                  big_smile

LOL!! lol

That's Walt Disney World! Disneyland is in Ca. I actually use to work at Disney for two years. One of my bosses went to jail there for holding bdsm orgies in a warehouse there, true story. Lots of perverts under those costumes!!   yikes

13. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

lol

14. myownworld profile image73

(((hey T...there we are talking behind your back again...! wink))

lol
      I see
      thanks for the ad ! big_smile

wink

15. Sa Toya profile image83
    Sa Toyaposted 14 years ago

you should let me meet them both, I'll tell you which I prefer, then you could have the other big_smile

those poor guys.... being bartered right and left......my sympathies actually lie with them!

1. Sa Toya profile image83
        Sa Toyaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I couldn't agree more...I feel for them.

I couldn't give any real advice because I just might come across harsh so I opted for humour.

It's a sitiuation where someone is bound to get hurt!

16. myownworld profile image73

Hey Mamelody, didn't mean to hijack your thread...just having some fun! smile

I think she's gone to date one of them !
      lol

1. Sa Toya profile image83
        Sa Toyaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

17. BEAUTYBABE profile image68
    BEAUTYBABEposted 14 years ago

I have been reading some of the comments you have been getting to your question and from what I can tell you have been given quite a variety of suggestions to your questions.
    My advise is to get to know both of these men for who they are inside, not for the amount of money or assets they have or have not. It is what a person is made up of inside them that counts, not they monetary values.
    If you decided just say to go for the good looking one and he turns out to be a real rat, then you will wish that you had known him better before you got too involved with him. You might have to wait a while before you are sure, but wouldn't it be better to know what each of them have to offer in themselves, you just might be surprised what you find in the end. Good Luck with your endeavours.  Beautybabe.

18. Mamelody profile image59

I'm sorry people,  rich guy was on the phone and said to go out to candle light dinner by the riverside and poor guy showed up with flowers and chocolates on my door step...

I'm in heaven..tongue

or

am I in hell sad

1. profile image0

take the flowers and chocolates on the way to dinner... problem solved!  Of course be open and honest about your intentions... get em in a fluster whilst you sit back and ... err... enjoy!

Hey.. you may as well cos in the end, you just might have years of washing skiddy boxer shorts! lol x

19. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I hate to berak it to you Mamelody but no matter how many ppl respond to give you advice about the two...YOU are going to have to be the one who chooses between the two. it is all up to you not anyone else. Asking for advice was a good route to take but in the end, the only advice you can take from all of this is your own advice. you have to step back from the situtation and think it through on your own. If I were you, I would get off hubpages, close my eyes, and just think...or make a pros con list between the two. Take a break and really be serious about YOU and if either is still waiting that is theo ne for you. But again it is up to you, not us who you choose and you have to make that decision on your own.

Get off hub pages? sad sad... but your advice is good. Cheers.

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hehe not forever Mamelody just for a bit. sheesh that would be like telling you to cut your arm off now lol

more like chopping my head off! smile lol

20. profile image57
    cheapmomposted 14 years ago

a woman who marries for money will always be poor. a woman who marries for love will never do without.

another nincompoop who hasn't read the post! tongue

1. Sara Tonyn profile image61
        Sara Tonynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

She was giving you some sound advice based on what you told everyone. She's not a nincompoop, she's trying to help you.

In what planet ? hmm

21. Sara Tonyn profile image61
    Sara Tonynposted 14 years ago

If you don't know which one you should hang on to and if you're letting money decide, I'm not sure you really care for either one very much. It doesn't sound like love at all to me -- especially since you're asking advice from strangers on the internet. lol  wink

It seems obvious that you shouldn't move in with anyone until you figure out if you love either one of them.

Besides, dating two people at the same time is common. As long as you're not lying to either one about dating someone else, why not continue dating both and forget about moving in with one of them at this time?

You know reading the post and understanding it would save you the embarrassment of silly responses tongue

I did read it. You're the one who made money a factor when you asked who you should choose and mentioned one is rich and the other is poor.

No need to be a smart arse when someone responds and you don't like their answer.

I only said that was the only difference btwn the two blokes.. I also said I don't need a man financially so obviously I would not base my decision on money factor!

FYI... I AM A SMART ASS!!!! tongue

See, that's what you don't understand. You say you're financially independent and that's fine. Good for you.

But the way you refer to the guys is in terms of money "as the only difference" so that says something even if you didn't intend it to.

Well, you're half right.

Good luck.

22. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Yea no chopping any limbs off mamelody lol that would just suck big time.

23. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

You learn so very much about a person when stress hits. SO MUCH. Expectations about what should happen, the give and take, and so much more always are significant factors. Do you know them well enough to know their expectations? I don't jump into things until I know how the person will respond in a variety of situations. That takes time. Money can be an issue with most. So can ex lovers, children from past relationships, and then the really big surprises like substance abuse, money schemes and fraud, etc.

If at this point you like them both equally, it's only a matter of time before you'll gravitate toward one more than they other. (At least in my experience....)

Not knowing which one is right for you right now only means that it will take more time to get all the info you need about them both. If it were me, I would just enjoy the time you have with them both. If one can't handle that, then obviously that would be an indicator to consider.

Do keep us posted...

I'm still allowed to join you in the shower right? tongue

1. Daniel Carter profile image62
        Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Life is complicated, but I'm not.
        Yes, please, any time! smile

24. myownworld profile image73

my advice: send them both a link to this thread and see who still stays! He's your guy! wink

oh no no no.. I do that and they'll run off with you and I'd have to get tantrum to scratch you with her leopard claws! lol

lol well, for the record I'd go for the one who'd love me more!
        (in which case, the poor one will earn for you...and the rich will give you all....! wink

I guess I can have my cake and eat it as well tongue

25. qwark profile image60
    qwarkposted 14 years ago

Mame:
    Is that a current pic of you?
    If it is, you are a hot looking fem! If your body matches your face, you are even "hotter."
    What are ya thinking?
    You are young! Play girl! PLAY!
    You've got plenty of time left to get serious.
    "Sack" em both. Enjoy 'em!
    When you are ready to make a decision, it'll come to ya'.
    In the meantime, use 'em for your and their enjoyment! Bring and continue to bring joy into the world!...:-)

1. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Considering the history of her avatars - likely no lol

and may I ask is that you on your avatar?

1. Misha profile image63
          Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sure you may. Yes, this is me. smile

1. profile image0

now mame... Misha is a real man.. strong, honest and hot  (well, he is after I have whipped him a few times eh?) hehehe big_smile

Now you're talking.. no more feeling guilty eh? ok I'm gonna have my cake and eat it too! smile

1. qwark profile image60
        qwarkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mame:
        Amen girl! Go For the fun of it!  :-)
        Yer lying about yer pic Mame...lol
        Life is here for you to have fun...enjoy it!

aren't you a sweet thiang! tongue

3. Mamelody profile image59

No that ain't me.. its my cousin. I ain't a pretty sight so i "borrowed" her pic wink

26. drej2522 profile image69
    drej2522posted 14 years ago

that's me in my avatar...hmm

and what a cutey you are!.. you don't snore do ya? wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)