What are the best places to re-home hubs that don't fit the new sites?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (56 posts)
  1. Kylyssa profile image91
    Kylyssaposted 8 years ago

Since HubPages is changing their focus to feeding their new niche sites, where will you be moving your hubs that don't fit the new sites?

I highly doubt they'll make any new sites that have anything to do with any of the topics I write on the way I write on them so I'll likely need new homes for all my hubs once HubPages turns into a slushpile for their new sites.

I'm looking for sites friendly to the submission of previously published articles, tutorials, stories, and editorials on the following topics:

*Pet Care
    *Odd Crafts
    *Social Issues
    *Autism (must be sites that accept material from autistic people)
    *Atheism
    *Creative Writing (including humor, fiction, non-fiction, and poetry)
    *Food and Cooking
    *Health Self-Care

Where will you be moving your Hubs that don't match the new sites?

http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/12873670.jpg

1. Christy Kirwan profile image92
      Christy Kirwanposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I think there will be potential homes for many of those topics on our new sites. My advice is to wait and see. We're also still figuring out what to do with Hubs that have not been selected and are dedicated to working out viable options for those Hubbers (in other words, it isn't our intent to let the remaining content on HubPages just rot).

1. WordCrafter09 profile image65
        WordCrafter09posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Glad to see this.   I had just finished writing a big, long, reply to the OP's question.  Then I started to re-think whether I'd, maybe, missed something or misinterpreted something; so I didn't post the big, long, reply.  Now that I see your remarks here maybe I'll re-think again and post the reply below.

2. NateB11 profile image88
        NateB11posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Glad to hear, very reassuring.

3. Kylyssa profile image91
        Kylyssaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thank you. As long as you can assure me that those hubs will continue to be indexed unless they are unfeatured (and won't be unfeatured for topic, only for violations, quality, over-promotion, etc.) I'll stick around to see how things fall out.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image92
          Christy Kirwanposted 8 years agoin reply to this

We have no planned changes to our current Featuring system for Hubs on HubPages. We will let Hubbers know when we've decided what to do about Hubs on HubPages, but we want to take the time to monitor the performance of the current sites before launching new ones, and when we do it will still take significant time to get those up and running. For now, things will continue as usual.

4. profile image0
        Bronwyn Joy Ellioposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Christy, WHY is there no opt-out for the new sites? Does the HP Team have such little respect for their writers?

5. Hearts and Lattes profile image89
        Hearts and Lattesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Christy,

For hubs that aren't selected couldn't HubPages just keep this site up? Across my profiles I have about 250 hubs that I've nurtured over time. I have no realistic idea of how many of those HP would choose to move over, regardless of how much traffic they now get. I feel like all my work is perhaps going to go down the tank.

It seems like with any business once you get the hang of how to do well they go and change the formula, and you have to start from scratch again. I really don't want to go through this.

Arrrgh.

1. Barbara Kay profile image73
          Barbara Kayposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hearts and Lattes, Hubpages is keeping the site up for hubs that aren't  added to the new niche sites. My worry is that the old site may not do as well as before. I'm contemplating if I should start new sites of my own for each subject. Right now I am going to wait it out and see what happens.

1. Hearts and Lattes profile image89
            Hearts and Lattesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

My traffic just went down quite a bit in the past two days. It might be related to the new change. I think your idea is good. What I like about HP is that it still has better authority than some other sites, though. Wait and see I guess is right.

2. Richard-Bivins profile image78
      Richard-Bivinsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I would suggest pitching to print magazines first then to high traffic/paying blogs.  If you can't find success doing that, then convert your content into Kindle books and publish them on Amazon.

HubPages (originally Squidoo, but that's a different story) is where I've been placing material that's already been submitted a variety of places or that doesn't have any good, high-circulation publications related to its topic.

I'm not a promoter or a marketer so going the Kindle route would be about the same as putting all the files in a folder on my desktop.

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

I would expect your pet care items to find a home on one of the new HubPages sites since that's a popular mainstream topic.

LIkewise I'm sure there will be a Crafts site and a Recipes/food site, so personally I would wait and see for those.

I don't know anywhere that's good for creative writing that pays - there are several sites where you can post short stories and poetry for feedback from other writers.

Equivalent to HubPages where you could post other topics - Wizzley.

I doubt my pet care or food hubs would make it onto the new sites. I write in too casual a style and inject too much personal experience and opinion into my writing for it to be a good fit. As an autistic person, my writing literally is my voice so altering it to remove all evidence of me from it would make it pointless.

Thank you for the suggestions.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I have never seen a staff member on HubPages say they didn't want Hubs to contain personal experience.  IMO that is a distortion of the rule that Hubs must not be "purely personal".

Purely personal means:  of no interest to anyone but yourself and close friends, offering no information of value to the general public.

From this, it's clear that (say) an article about your experience of a heart attack and the valuable lessons you learned from it, is not "purely personal" and is therefore welcome on HubPages. 

In fact for reviews, you're liable to get unpublished if you DON'T talk about your personal experience with the product or service.

Your example of writing about the experience of having a heart attack is pretty clear cut. It's easy enough to write about something like that without using a personal voice by sticking to a serious and unemotional tone. There are much bigger gray areas than that here.

What I'm concerned with is the move toward a uniform formulaic impersonal tone for the entire site. Have you read many HubPro Premium edited Hubs after editing?

I'm very good at identifying writing voices. I can no longer clearly identify the authors from the text after the average HubPro Premium edit. The voices are at the very least muted. The hubs appear written to a formula after editing to me. Grammatically correct idiosyncrasies are changed to standardized wordings. Humor, feeling, and tone are lost. Bullet points are shoved in everywhere. It's little like standard editing.

I'm making the assumption that since that's what they do to hubs, that's what they want in hubs. They've also mentioned that hubs will be edited before moving to the niche sites.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
            Marisa Wrightposted 8 years agoin reply to this

If they're going to HubPro edit every single Hub before moving, we'll be waiting till Kingdom Come for all the niche sites to be created.

I have not studied Hubs that have been edited. If what you say is true then I am very disappointed, because there is no point in HubPages trying to compete with purely factual sites.

I've read a number of the HubPro Basic edited hubs and they seem to be OK. The differences between them and the writers' other hubs seems minimal. I've by no means read every hub edited through HubPro Premium, only about a dozen, and not considering that one horrible example where the editor added fabricated personal experience and a duplicate content bullet point list to the hub. But I was very bothered by the sameness of tone of those dozen or so, not to mention their physical similarities.

I doubt they'll edit every hub that goes onto the new niche sites although their communications have implied some degree of editing. I may be going a step too far, but I'm taking the results of their HubPro Premium editing as an indication that that is the formula and style of hub they want and will move to the niche sites rather than that they'll waste their time editing hubs to fit it.

I've worked with a number of editors who've made it clear through their actions that they consider writing voice important to their readership. Humans like to read things written by writers identifiable as individual human beings who share their passions. I was even once told that a lot of fine, scientifically sound and well-researched articles that are submitted to a specific aquarium magazine get rejected because they get too many that read like lovely research papers and not enough that read like lovely conversations with enthusiastic professional-level hobbyists.

The examples HP keeps giving as sites to emulate are sites like eHow that run straight tutorials usually written to a formula.

2. gerimcclym profile image96
        gerimcclymposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Kylyssa: In reference to your concern that your articles on autism may not be accepted by other sites because they are written by someone who is autistic (you), I think that the fact that you are autistic can only make your articles on autism more credible. If I want to learn more about autism, I prefer to read about it from people who are autistic. I suspect that there will be a place on HP's new niche sites for these articles because autism is a topic of high interest to many people. The other topics you listed are also high interest topics.

What you say makes a great deal of logical sense and it would be wonderful if the rest of the world understood it the same way. Unfortunately, it's not a good description of the reality.

Many sites and publications that deal with the topic of autism are uninterested in the viewpoints of high-functioning autistic people. It may look like there are a lot of publications out there for autistic people, but if you look closely, you'll start to see that most of them are for people unfortunate enough to have given birth to one of us or to get stuck teaching us, not many at all are actually meant for us. My submissions have gotten many, many polite rejections, some of which included statements to the effect that they aren't looking for submissions from autistic people at this time. Thus my qualifier on sites open to accepting previously published pieces on the topic of autism.

Ideally, HubPages will come up with a site where my autism articles and editorials fit.

The reason I originally started posting my pieces on homelessness and on autism online is that there's no good, frequently published, high-circulation print venues for pieces of their types. My homelessness articles have appeared in street papers and textbooks but those don't really get the circulation or readership I want. HubPages (actually Squidoo, but that's another story) became the home for articles I couldn't get anyone to buy or to publish somewhere with a high circulation. Online, some of them have gone viral. They've inspired the creation of dozens of charities. They get linked in student lesson plans, I get contacted by students asking how they can help people. Charities and individuals contact me to ask for help. All of those things are very important to me. If the articles and editorials that create those interactions end up parked somewhere unindexed or something, it would upset me a great deal.

It would be very nice to know what topics they plan to create sites for so we could plan for the future.

1. gerimcclym profile image96

Based on what you say, I recommend you start your own website. You have probably heard of Temple Grandin -- she is a high functioning autistic woman (she has a PhD) who has written books and hosts conferences on autism. She also has a website on which she writes on autism, and (as far as I know) her writings are all from her personal perspective. Her site is templegrandin dot com. I know you write on a variety of topics, but I still think your own site may work well for you.

Perhaps wait and see if HP creates a new home for your articles and then take it from there... but frankly, either way, it seems to me that having your own site may be a good idea. Of course, creating and maintaining one's own site is time consuming and there are expenses involved, but it may pay off in the long run...

That would be a great idea if I were Temple Grandin. Unfortunately, the things that make her a unique and amazing person do not come from having autism, but from being a unique and amazing person. Autism doesn't come packaged with genius; genius can just sometimes overcome its very real disadvantages.

1. Jean Bakula profile image94
                Jean Bakulaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Anybody who writes should save all their articles in one place. I've always backed up everything I wrote on a flash drive, so it's easy to move it wherever I want. I also find pieces I wrote a long time ago and rewrite them too.

I don't know what you are responding to, but it's certainly not my response to gerimcclym's suggestion that since Temple Grandin is a successful person with autism, I could make a website and be successful like her.

I've been backing up the writing I would be upset to lose since the eighties. I currently keep redundant backups of all of the writing I have stored on my desktop on a hard drive my partner uses to store parts to videos he's making, in cloud storage, and on individual project-related USB drives. Each hub has a backup before it ever gets entered into the HP workshop because I compose them offline in a word processing program. It would be foolish to compose my hubs right in the workshop, especially since I don't tend to write hubs all in one go. I wouldn't trust or expect a free-to-use website to securely save what I've written.

What I meant by a new home for the hubs that will be left behind on HubPages is a different place online where people can read them, not a place to store the words for future use.

1. Jean Bakula profile image94
                    Jean Bakulaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I wasn't responding to you, Kylyssa. I was responding to people wondering what to do with their hubs if HP doesn't have a niche for them. Firstly, I'm sure this change cannot occur overnight. Secondly, some don't save all their work, and have problems when they decide to put an article they wrote someplace else. I wanted to remind them not to panic, save their work, and wait a bit and see how it all all shakes out.

If HP doesn't have niches for everyone's hubs, someone like you who has specific knowledge can use your writing on your blog, so can I. It's also unclear to me if what's left on HP will be a 'graveyard' of sorts for the hubs not popular enough. Many of us are really sick of all the changes that don't make the site any better. Best wishes to you.

2. gerimcclym profile image96

The point I was trying to make is that since you've clearly had success online with some of your articles, which you have written from your own unique perspective --you mentioned that some of your articles have gone viral, some have been linked to student lesson plans, some have resulted in being contacted by charities and individuals-- then you may do well having your own site because you clearly already have an audience, which could potentially grow with your own site. That is all I meant.

It is just an option.

HP's new sites are still in the works, so we'll have to wait and see how that  works out. I'm hopeful there will be homes for many of our hubs.

Sorry for the knee-jerk reaction. People bring up Temple Grandin so frequently that it gets very annoying. It's like bringing up Stephen Hawking to people with ALS, as if his illness were responsible for what a genius he is and as if they could do anything he can. If someone doesn't Temple Grandin at me at least three or four times a week it's likely to mean I've been particularly withdrawn that week and have avoided casual conversation. That isn't a joke. People even Temple Grandin at my friend who has a son with classic autism. That isn't a joke, either.

Yours was the second Temple Grandin of the day for me yesterday.

Yes, I've had minor successes with my writing online and with some print publications. That's common as dirt. Every wannabe and her sister has a handful of viral articles out there. I'm a common-as-dirt, run-of-the-mill freelance writer who has autism, not an incredible, amazing writer who has autism. I've known a lot of run-of-the-mill freelance writers who've tried making their own sites who put an incredible amount of work and more money than I have into them and still failed.

I have autism. Among other things, it means I suck at self-promotion. Marketing isn't something I excel at, either. Both are necessary skills to have or buy when going off on one's own to create a website.

No worries, Kylyssa. I appreciate you sharing what you did, as it helps me better understand where you're coming from.

Paul from HP just posted a message on another forum (the one about the new HP sites launching soon), and it looks rather promising...

3. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 8 years ago

We are candles in the wind...

1. clivewilliams profile image71
      clivewilliamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

how big is the candle and how fast is the wind?

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
        paradigmsearchposted 8 years agoin reply to this

More like a vagabond in the desert on a horse with no name.

I think it's more like we're all passengers on a ship that is going down and we're all hoping to get on a lifeboat.

2. LuisEGonzalez profile image77
      LuisEGonzalezposted 8 years agoin reply to this

http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12874169_f248.jpg

I still think this way!

looks like the tide is coming in and his tie is about to blow off

but..... if may be a low tide and all will be well

4. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 8 years ago

It's too big a job for me to move most of my hubs, so I guess they will just languish here and go down with the ship if it sinks sad

5. WordCrafter09 profile image65
    WordCrafter09posted 8 years ago

Super-long post alert, but my short reply is that I don't think that now is necessarily the time to start thinking about moving stuff that may not fit/end up in a narrow-niche "home"..  The long version of my reply starts here:

I have this account and my other one, with close to nothing on this one (because I've focused on the other one most of the time until fairly recently); and I've got the other one (that had - like - 400 Hubs pass through it over the years) trimmed down to about 70.  Of those, most of the Hubs have one "issue" or another that needs one or another kind of attention (or deleting, if practical for me).  So, with what I have on this site right now it's not so much a matter of moving stuff (although some stuff could/should be moved if the time/circumstances are right); but it's a matter of where to post stuff I've written as potential Hubs but not posted because they're not the "standard" thing that tends to get better search traffic.  I have quite a bit of stuff that I just didn't want to post anywhere online (at least for now).  And, I have a bunch of stuff that has been posted somewhere previously and may or may not be indexed and may or may not be duplicate (depending on things I won't get into here, but we all know duplicate content isn't allowed on here these days).

In any case, whether it's considering moving SOME things from my "skeleton" account that actually does have a few things left on it or, rather, deciding whether to post some of those "potential Hubs" I've never posted...   I don't plan to move or change plans for anything at all right now.  (I learned the hard way not to wildly delete a bunch of Hubs back in the time when HP was "pushing" "stellar" and whatever it was emphasizing in the days of the Apprenticeship Program.)  While some of the Hubs I deleted (because I didn't think they belonged on this site any longer) deserved to be deleted (unless I REALLY) made some improvements/changes in them, many didn't have to be if I hadn't assumed that the big push for "old-style SEO-focused" stuff (only with post-Panda grammar and limited links etc.) wasn't going to morph into human-reader-focused, longer-Hubs, and "user-value" /"author-intent" thing (because sites that were emphasizing the very thing that post-Panda Google was saying it didn't like, which was trying to figure out what "Google likes" and write accordingly, were starting to drop like flies).

Anyway, keeping in mind that I'm mostly thinking about "slated-for-HP" Hubs, rather than Hubs I've already finished on here (as well a handful of not-yet-completed ones that may or may not ever end up being completed and published on here), I'm holding off with ruling out/moving some things/plans (whatever) for now.  I've always written a giant mix of different types of stuff on here, but because this is a free-time thing for me (wanted to see how much, if anything, I could earn while also writing what I just feel like writing in my free time), I've written all kinds of things that aren't likely to end up on a very narrow niche site.  I think they're good for stuff that does/will fit well on them because (not that I know anything about what will work well for HP and what won't) because I think they'll give many of those "right-for-a-niche" Hubs (and the authors of them) advantages that the main HP domain doesn't give them.  I haven't ruled out the idea that I'll ever have a Hub end up on a niche site, but I do write that big mix of types of things that I've been thinking about for quite awhile now.

At least with what we know as of this minute, to me, a Hub that doesn't fit a very narrow, authoritative (or kind of authoritative) niche should still, at least in theory, be able to get traffic if it's a super-good Hub that offers readers what they aren't going to find on a heavy-duty authority" site, but offers a unique, qualified, and/or comprehensive angle/insight.  Maybe it won't get Number 1 place in search (I don't want that anyway; been there, done that, and it isn't worth all the aggravation and theft and whatever else, as far as I'm concerned); but I'd think (and maybe I'm wrong) that a Hub that gets a respectable enough place in search (over x amount of time) will still get some traffic.  The question may be one of "super-comprehensive and unique" Hubs (and fewer of them) versus "smaller" (but solid) Hubs that can be written/put together in less time because of "off-the-top-of-head" knowledge/insight - and maybe more of them).  Still, I don't really see why solid, good, Hubs that offer something that isn't the same as "everything else out there" wouldn't get traffic.  Panda or no-Panda, things are the same now as they were eight years ago when I first signed up with this site, and that's that if something is unique and helpful (in some way, even if it's "only" insight offered, rather than "straight facts and researched information only"), and if can compete with whatever else seems to be out there, it'll get search traffic (at least as long HP doesn't have the site-wide Panda slap on it.

People on here on here so often talk about spammy stuff and stuff written in poor English (and all that), but when someone who once came to this site to look around and see what there may be to read as far other people's Hubs go, all those "very narrow, niche" Hubs that are essentially for search-engine eyes only can make this site pretty unbearable to human eyes looking for something to read.  People on here will just out-and-out say, "nobody comes here to read".  Well, you know why????   hmm

Anyway, I don't think the existence of niche sites necessarily means that someone's Hubs can't/won't get traffic if they don't fit a niche site.  I've never written fiction on here, and only wrote a poetry Hub  or two for a contest a few years ago; so the most "creative-writing" type of thing I've ever had on here (and since deleted) has been the occasional non-fiction, real-life, story. Only dealing in deal-fiction/non-poetry, I have no opinions about how well those will/can do on here.

What I'll be watching/waiting to see now is what HP does with who/what is left on the main site , whether moving all those "heavily narrow-niche" subjects/Hubs a) makes the site more inviting to humans and b) makes HP seem less content farm-y (and maybe even gives the less narrow-niche-y but unique/helpful/solid) Hubs a better chance at traffic, in one way or another and even if that's only by virtue of being a more inviting place for more writers to write more Hubs).  I'll be watching/waiting to see if HP does something more like Helium (et al) did, which was to eliminate its main/only site and break everything into network sites (each of which were kind of destined to fail either because of priorities/focus and/or approach); and whether it gradually de-emphasizes the "central site" or, instead, further develops it.

Anyway, having said all that....       Whether its any of the stuff that I have have left on here (under this or my other account), or stuff I have that's only "slated for here", I don't think now is necessarily the time to start moving, deleting, re-slating, etc.   - at least not because something doesn't/won't fit well on a niche site.  My thing is (old Hubs aside) that I'm not going to write a Hub that I think doesn't stand much chance to get its own search traffic, but I don't necessarily plan to focus on many, if any, of those very narrow, niche, type of Hubs either.  It's a little trickier to think up a subject/Hub that isn't narrow-niche but that still offers any readers something unique and solid, but there are situations/angles with some subjects that can mean fewer competing "authorities" because you're not competing with authorities but are, instead, offering what they are not; or else because there are fewer "genuine authorities" for searchers to get past before getting to your Hub.  Narrow-niche tends to, I think, have more authorities to complete with, but among those "authorities" only so many "heavy-duty, genuine-authority" sites.

I don't, as of this minute, particularly think HP is headed for "sinking"; but most of us, I think, have been on enough "sinking ships" (with "these" sites) to know that even if you don't jump off before the ship sinks there's always swimming and/or finding another ship (or building one's own - or whatever).  Either way, I do think it's a mistake to automatically assume that because all those other "ships" sank that HP inevitably will as well.  There are differences with how things happened with all those other sites, or else with how they operated in the first place.  In any case, I don't see moving (or re-thinking "slated-for's" in the case of a bunch of stuff I have) as a big emergency - at least not because of what we know so far about this new niche-site thing.  Every Hubber and every Hub is different, of course, but I don't see there being all that much to lose by people's holding off and just seeing what does or doesn't happen from here.

1. clivewilliams profile image71
      clivewilliamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Who else did not read this

1. profile image0
        calculus-geometryposted 8 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. paradigmsearch profile image61

Agreed, but was from the heart.

3. NateB11 profile image88

Does the fun ever start?!

6. paradigmsearch profile image61

Yep. As Paul E. clearly indicates, http://hubpages.com/community/forum/135 … ost2796511 , this will be a slow evolution. Plenty of time to see what's what and what to do.

7. paradigmsearch profile image61

All messages from the heart are valid.

1. Jesse Drzal profile image91
      Jesse Drzalposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It's niche to see so many involved and dedicated.

And then there are you and me.

This nonsense expires in 10 minutes.

1. Jesse Drzal profile image91
            Jesse Drzalposted 8 years agoin reply to this

six more minutes..

8. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 8 years ago

I have been moving some unfeatured hubs to a new blog. Will any of the the new sites include unfeatured hubs
    or should I continue to move them off my account?

1. NateB11 profile image88

In the HP blog it said defeatured content will not be considered at this time but they encourage us to work on those Hubs so they can be reviewed at some point. Under "What Hubs will be moved" here http://blog.hubpages.com/2016/02/02/new-year-new-sites/

9. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 8 years ago

(shrugs) Beats me. Who else is left besides HP?

I dunno, if things start really goin' South around here, I've got back up copies of all my stuff saved on my PC. Maybe I'll finally learn how to start my own blog.

Till then... I'll keep posting my nonsense about rock & roll and trashy movies whenever the mood strikes me.

10. makingamark profile image70
    makingamarkposted 8 years ago

One constructive thing ANYBODY can do while HubPages make up their minds about what happens next is the following.....

1) Go through all your hubs - and have a good clear out / start an early spring clean

2) Decide which ones you definitely want to keep - even if you rework them - and make a back up copy offline (see below for Mac users)

3) Delete all those that are not worth keeping / not worth working on / out of date / never had any visitors - it's the equivalent of giving your portfolio a good old clear out and it allows you to see what your real assets are more clearly. (You don't have to get rid - you can still make copies!)

4) I find it much easier to decide what to do with content if I can see what I've got and how it might be better organised. If you've not used the "article Group" system on your dashboard before - now is the time to start using it.
    * Use the labelling system to place each of your hubs in a group - one of which might be "miscellaneous". 
    * Then if at some point in the future if a new topic site is announced you know what might be eligible.
    * If no topic site for your topics is announced you've got your hubs ready organised to move elsewhere.

If you use a Mac I highly recommend this method for creating a backup copy of your hub

* Using Safari, select the URL for the site you want to back up
    * now save the hub using the "save as" function (under the File command on the menu)
    *  select "web archive" as the format (latter is under the active folder section of your screen rather than in the side column)
    * put the file into an archive folder for your hubs on your hard drive

You can check whether it works by going to that folder and opening up the file - and you'll find it automatically opens in Safari.

Note it does NOT work as well when using other browsers as they do not save the page as a complete entity.

The proof is in the pudding - I can still open all my archive copies of my Squidoo lenses in Safari - despite the fact Squidoo no longer exists as a site! smile

Another idea is to write your hubs in a word processing program and organize what you write before you even post it online so you never have to worry about losing anything if a website closes up.

1. makingamark profile image70
        makingamarkposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Good point - but I think that's one more for going forward with creating content rather than how to handle what you've already got.

However my suggestions were oriented more towards looking at the dashboard of what you've got and managing the information already online better

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)