Attempted Assassination: TRUMP Security Steps In to Take The HIT in OH

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (87 posts)
  1. colorfulone profile image77
    colorfuloneposted 8 years ago

He was sweating bullets after that attack.
    Trump used humor after the attempt to calm the crowd down. 

Scary moment! 
    Donald Trump Has Close Call in Dayton, Secret Service Steps in to Protect - they were ready to take a bullet for Trump in Dayton, Ohio.
    Video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNelSuoHzlI

http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12919639.jpg

If Trump gets killed, he will be a hero!

1. Credence2 profile image78
      Credence2posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Assassination? I did not see what the threat was.

I certainly want the GOP standard bearer to be around to face our candidate next fall. I don't need him as a martyr right now.

colorfuloneposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Trump receives a deluge of death threats.  If and when one of the left-wing BLM extremists takes a pot shot at Trump, the media will blame Trump and his supporters.  Watch the headlines!

Here's a Headline "MEGYN KELLY BLAMES TRUMP AND HIS SUPPORTERS FOR VIOLENCE AT RALLIES"  ....  What a crazy world we live in today.   

Black Lives Matter protesters aggressively confronts Trump supporters as a St. Louis Trump rally descended into chaos. BLOOD SPILLED
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL2Yy9DKdzo

Looks like Cruz and Rubio are blaming Trump for the 'storm trooper' type conduct at Trump rallies.

Why is always just his rallies?  I don't see any of this angst from the campaigns of any of the other candidates

1. profile image0
            PrettyPantherposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm, I DO wonder..... what could it be?  Because, Trump is, you know, so loving, and his words are so thoughtful and so kind.  What could it possibly be....?

2. profile image0

I didn't see anything.  Did somebody tickle his booty as they walked by?

I jest, but I don't want to see anyone assassinated.  I didn't see any evidence of an assassination attempt, though.

2. Credence2 profile image78

While I have little if anything good to say about Donald Trump, the candidate or the man, I have to respect his right to speak to his supporters without undue heckling and interference.

We have to be civil and allow each other the right to speak. Progressives will have plenty of opportunity to expose Trump for what he is, we do not need to resort to the rightwing bullying style to accomplish this

You know I like and respect you, Cred...that will never change because you are basically a good guy.  We may disagree, and we agree to do so...it makes it fun!  You certainly have shown me the flip-side several times,  (just know it). 

I respectful disagree about the  "to resort to the rightwing bullying style" ...because I have seen the opposite is true.   But, that sure would be a great debt thread to start (that I likely wouldn't engage in).  I'm not saying what you are saying hasn't also been true, just that I haven't seen it.  smile   Politics is a rough sport!

Thanks, I don't want to see these kinds of things at the rallies for the candidates that I do support.

We agree to disagree often, and that is OK. But there is still a lot violence going on at Trump rallies that can't always be explained by overbearing hecklers.

People are people, and some people let their anger let the best of them.  I would direct them to a punching bag at the Y to deal with it in a healthy way.  I chose not to be angry...and act stupid.  smile

2. Annsalo profile image85
    Annsaloposted 8 years ago

Can someone explain the threat, I didn't see anything that was a threat.

Second thought, possible media distraction to make him look even better? We know the media and politicians are good at faking stuff for the sake of getting attention or making others look guilty for something.

1. profile image0

That was my thought, but I refrained from expressing it.  I think it was one of his sideshow tricks to please his bloodthirsty and highly gullible constituency.  The crowd went wild.

2. mrpopo profile image73
      mrpopoposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Here is a better look: https://youtu.be/06d4t1704N8

Rushing the stage like that is certainly threatening, which is why the perpetrator was put in jail for inducing panic and disorderly conduct.

The perpetrator's been named Tommy DiMassimo. His Twitter account had plenty of anti-Trump messages and DiMassimo hinted that he would be doing something at the rally. The account's been deleted midway through typing my comment, but here is a glimpse of some of those tweets: http://favstar.fm/users/Younglionking7

Apparently he's been involved in similar protesting events as well: http://abc22now.com/news/local/dueling- … 12-22-2015

No reason to fake stuff for the sake of getting attention when hundreds of protesters like this young man are willing to do so freely and genuinely. And it absolutely is playing into Trump's hands.

1. Annsalo profile image85
        Annsaloposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thank you. I love being able to actually know what I am looking at instead of having to guess when it comes to these type topics.

2. colorfulone profile image77

Thank you, mrpopo.  It was a scary scene in the video I posted in the OP, and this one you posted is even more chilling to see.  The security is not setting things up well at all to protect Trump from attackers, he is just right out there.  There has to be better security because the Trump haters are not going to stop. 

Nope, there is no reason to fake this stuff. I'll bet Trump supporters will be more pro-active after this.  If or when Trump becomes president, there may be rioting and looting from these angry hateful (terrorist) protesters. 

I pray for Trump's protection everyday!

3. colorfulone profile image77

SOROS FUNDED MOVEON.ORG TAKES CREDIT FOR VIOLENCE IN CHICAGO - Lefties blame Trump and his supporters. WHAT a JOKE!
    http://www.infowars.com/soros-funded-mo … n-chicago/

MoveOn.org, Black Lives Matter, Communists, and Domestic terrorists turned out Friday night to shut down Donald Trump’s rally in Chicago.  That's the Left-wing radicals folks. Atheists and Luciferians! 

The protesters turned on the Trump supporters, saying groping the women was OK because “they are racist white b*tches.”  sad 

Keep your blinders on...if you can't Wake-up!

While pretty strong words, it was NOT taking credit for last nights issues. In fact the only places reporting that Moveon.org took credit are right wing websites. Here is the full quote from Moveon.

Ilya Sheyman, executive director of MoveOn.org Political Action, responded to news of the postponement of Donald Trump’s rally in Chicago on Friday:

“Mr. Trump and the Republican leaders who support him and his hate-filled rhetoric should be on notice after tonight’s events. These protests are a direct result of the violence that has occurred at Trump rallies and that has been encouraged by Trump himself from the stage. Our country is better than the shameful, dangerous, and bigoted rhetoric that has been the hallmark of the Trump campaign. To all of those who took to the streets of Chicago, we say thank you for standing up and saying enough is enough. To Donald Trump, and the GOP, we say, welcome to the general election. Trump and those who peddle hate and incite violence have no place in our politics and most certainly do not belong in the White House.”

Oh, so now they are denying it...that figures.  lol 
        Is this entertainment or what?   smile  Yes, it is! 
        Thank you, ANNSALO.   
        Make any sense that protesters / terrorists might lie? 
        MoveOn.org Political Action were taking some credit for busting the rally. 

“Mr. Trump and the Republican leaders who support him and his hate-filled rhetoric should be on notice after tonight’s events,” on the MoveOn web page. “To all of those who took to the streets of Chicago, we say thank you for standing up and saying enough is enough. To Donald Trump, and the GOP, we say, welcome to the general election.”

Please if you know of one, provide me any link that shows they ever took credit. I have searched about 20 pages and all I find are right wing sites that do NOT link to a source. Don't you think if these sites were telling the truth there would be a link out there somewhere or a screenshot of them taking credit? Not saying they never did, but as of now there is zero evidence I can find of them taking credit.
          This is America by the way protesting does not equal terrorism it equals freedom.

http://front.moveon.org/moveon-trumps-h … uRmcvkrLIU

Ilya Sheyman, executive director of MoveOn.org Political Action, responded to news of the postponement of Donald Trump’s rally in Chicago on Friday:

“Mr. Trump and the Republican leaders who support him and his hate-filled rhetoric should be on notice after tonight’s events. These protests are a direct result of the violence that has occurred at Trump rallies and that has been encouraged by Trump himself from the stage. Our country is better than the shameful, dangerous, and bigoted rhetoric that has been the hallmark of the Trump campaign. To all of those who took to the streets of Chicago, we say thank you for standing up and saying enough is enough. To Donald Trump, and the GOP, we say, welcome to the general election. Trump and those who peddle hate and incite violence have no place in our politics and most certainly do not belong in the White House.”

What a bunch of rhetoric bull-crap /  MoveOn.org is about.
            Hate mongers...their own words are what they are about.  sad

They are saying they are against hate and violence. I'm not sure how that is taking credit at all.
              Am I missing your logic on this?

The group acts as a front for the wealthy Democrats. It was founded with the help of the financier George Soros who donated $1.46 million to get the organization rolling. Linda Pritzker of the Hyatt hotel family gave the group a $4 million donation.

http://www.infowars.com/soros-funded-mo … n-chicago/
                http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12919691.jpg

The bad news man, George Soros is a big donor of Hillary's and Obama's.

2. profile image0

Hi Annsalo, I though you might not be aware that only right wing websites tell the truth.  These truths cannot be verified or found elsewhere because they are divulged by those who are "in the know."  How does she know this?  Because she is a critical thinker.

Also, if factual information is presented as a rebuttal, it is simply ignored, because it doesn't come from her inside sources and therefore must be a lie. 

Getcher rules straight, lady! LOL

This makes me sad. Seems the truth would be important even if we don't like it.
              Then again, even after showing some people the proof that Chicago PD didn't shut down the rally last night the same people still say they did.
              Makes no sense.

1. profile image0

Yep, just like some people still think that wealth is gonna trickle on down, even though it has had over 30 years to do so.

Proverbs 13:22  "A good person leaves an inheritance for their children's children, but a sinner's wealth is stored up for the righteous."   
                  smile    I'm ready for a transfer of the riches of the wicked billionaires. 

http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12919707.jpg

If we will pay God's bills, He will pay ours.  He is faithful!

That is a big part of the tactic the liberal media uses with different stories conflicting to make people confused.  We see it a lot with false flag events like these staged political protests. 

How are the victims of staged political protests the bad guys?   

But, the media will try to brainwash their viewers to believe that right is wrong, and wrong is right.  We are in those days that were spoken of in Scripture, so it shouldn't be of much surprise.

2. IslandBites profile image88
              IslandBitesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

lol

Oh no, if someone presents factual information, it is not ignored.  However, I might ignore the poster of a comment because of a condescending tone and simply not reply to the poster.  smile   It happens! ... but, by no means does it mean the factual information is a lie.  lol  roll
              A poster may get ignored / not the information.  But, then that isn't always true either, I may not be ignoring someone or their factual information...I'm just busy some times, or get distracted and have moved on after reading the post.  Its really is not complex and shouldn't need any explanation.   But, there I go...wasting time on a comment I normally might ignore because it is totally not factual (a "lie"?).  hmm

Then, on the other hand I do ignore some posters completely because of their personal problems that I don't have time for.  -  Cheers!   

http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12919818.jpg

2. Jean Bakula profile image90
        Jean Bakulaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I agree, his bigoted, hateful messages about our country attract angry people, and Trump just eggs them on. Tonight (Saturday) I believe it was a lot of Sanders supporters (at least according to Trump). If that is true, they shouldn't be interrupting one of Trump's events. But the media is also encouraging this anger and bigotry for ratings. It's disgusting.

I hope nobody gets hurt. I watched for a while, but went out, so didn't see any assassination attempt. But they are more common among politicians than people believe. Obama has had more than anyone. Of course, it's not because he's black, I know I'll be told it's a typical liberal statement. But why is he the only president that R's and evangelican Christians won't accept and admit that he is indeed our President? I've never heard of such a thing before. They made a pact to block everything Obama wanted to do the day he was sworn in. Not very Christian.

4. colorfulone profile image77

CBS News identifies Ja’Mal D Green as one of the leaders of the violent protest that shut down the Donald Trump rally in Chicago on Friday.  A Sanders supporter. 
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trum … tion-2016/

NBC News also quoted Green and said the violence “was largely organized by supporters of Sanders, the Democratic presidential candidate who has struggled to win over black voters but whose revolutionary streak has excited radicals of all racial demographics.”
    http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-el … ly-n537191

Trump canceled the event because he didn't want anyone to get hurt inside or outside.

The MAJORITY of the protesters were peaceful. There were only 5 arrests out of thousands of people.
      According to the Chicago Police Interim Superintendent John Escalante "He also said that political views became confrontational on both sides, and scuffles ensued." He went on to say that only 5 were arrested.
      So other than those 5 (which included non protesters), again out of thousands of people, this was a peaceful protest.
      I would think conservatives over anyone would be supportive of a protest that is within our constitutional rights.

Peaceful protests are fine. I viewed several videos and saw and heard the aggressiveness of the protesters toward the Trump supporters.  I read that five people were arrested so far. 

http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12919768.jpg

I'm trying to find out why this ambulance was there.  Maybe just for emergency reasons.  I hope no one was injured outside the Trump rally. 

http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12919772.jpg

People should be able to have peaceful rallies without people pushing and yelling.  There were a lot of horrible things said by protesters that angered supporters that witnesses are reporting.  Protesters angering supporters seems to have been an agenda.  Peacefully?  But, mainstream media won't cover that most likely...its enough of a political circus anyway.

Can you imagine if hundreds of Trump supporters went and protested at a Sanders or Clinton rally to anger their supporters...oh my!

The thing is, anything said that disagrees with (insert any political candidate) is considered something that would anger supporters.
          Why the need for hitting or getting angry because someone else says something you don't like about the person you're voting for?

Let all the peaceful protesters protest any candidate they want. It should not get them hit, and it surely shouldn't bother the person who at the end of the day is still going to vote for that politician.

"Protesters angering supporters seems to have been an agenda." This statement reminds me of my boys. When one tries to piss the other off just to get on his nerves.
          You know what I tell my son who is getting mad over words? "Ignore him". So if these supporters got so angry over protesters, they need to put their big boy pants on because in this country people are free to use their words even if they aren't liked. Oh yeah, and of course they had an agenda, just as trumps supporters and trump do. EVERYONE has an agenda all the time. That's life.

You make a lot of sense that I can agree with.   My point was though, that Trump supporters are not protesting at other candidate's rallies.  Not that I know of, I can be wrong.  Trump's supporters are clashing with Democrat protesters at Trump rallies.   So, who is causing the political drama? 

Maybe its the most exciting places to be on the planet during this campaign season. I expect its going to get much more heated in days to come. 

I'm for the Christian revolution (not the fraudulent church), but the real revolution of Jesus Christ.  I don't believe it will be stopped and the NWO is going down. We will go through great trials and tribulations before it happens. But, I don't fear the Globalists and their NWO, I fear God Almighty!  And, that is what it comes down to for me.  Good against evil!  smile   That really upsets atheists and even religious people when I talk that way in the forums, but that's the real me and I'm not afraid of their little personal attacks toward me.  So, there you have it, I hope that doesn't put us at odds.   smile   

I'm not a Republican or a Democrat, I'm a Christian with more conservative views then liberal.  I want what is best for America and for our children and their children.

Trump people have showed up at a couple of the rallies in my state, but nothing major.
              You say "Trump's supporters are clashing with Democrat protesters at Trump rallies.   So, who is causing the political drama?"
              My issue with this is it shouldn't cause drama. We are all adults, and if we would all act like it we might actually get somewhere.
              I'm a libertarian atheist and what you say doesn't bother me a bit. We likely believe some of the same things are going to happen, just for different reason.
              The temps are finally dropping in my part of the country. Time for some outdoor fun! Have a great day/evening!

This is an interesting article about Tommy DiMassimo. He is a Bernie Sanders supporter,  a progressive leftist thug, he participated in ISIS propaganda videos, and possibly a part of their anti-U.S. agenda.  I have no good word to say about the low life gutter-bag, unless something changes. 

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 … deos-2015/

I hope you have a good night. 

http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12920037.jpg

1. mrpopo profile image73

That ISIS video was fabricated. It's just one of his protest videos with Arabic music in the background. The Arabic text in the video translates to "Tommy hates America" and makes fun of his manhood.

I wondered about that, but was very tired when I posted this, mrpopo, and didn't check. I figured someone would either here or on another site I am active on.  Plenty of sensationalize going on by people who want to make a buck I suppose. 

I was feeling concerned about Tommy DiMassimo's safety in jail or prison if he gets that far.  But then, that is another culture and he might be a hero there.  As I fell asleep praying about it, I decided its just not my concern and there are better people who deserve my prayers more.  This guy gets what he gets.

2. Jean Bakula profile image90
          Jean Bakulaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You would love that, wouldn't you? Sanders and Clinton aren't bigots who are preaching hatred towards other races and religions,swearing on the stage, and encouraging people to behave badly. Do you really think he is mature enough to contain his volatile personality if he does become President? What if talks to world leaders like he speaks from the stage? He was at a debate the night before last, and did behave well, not insulting people, like calling Senator Rubio "little Marco" and stuff like that. A sitting Senator should be properly addressed.. But it was more obvious that he knows very little about foreign policy and other topics that were discussed.

I agree he is smart, and a quick study. But when he has to make speeches about FACTS, he's going to need a teleprompter. He doesn't need it now because he just goes on and on about his ratings in the polls, and how GREAT, GREAT, GREAT, he is. And he might win too, since the country is so angry about the lack of different candidates. Now the R's that are left are begging anyone to vote for any other R, even if it's not themselves, just so Trump can't win. He will be an embarrassment to our country, Well, he already is. Great Britain has said months ago they will not deal with him.

On this video posted by at the 7:30 mark it show an ambulance being blocked from getting through by protesters.  Near the end police cars were being blocked also.  The video in the beginning shows how disorderly some protesters were, but later on shows protest who were singing / chants, holding signs and having a good time. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ … p;__tn__=C

A Chicago Police Officer says that the CPD fell down on the job, and that Command Post wasn't unified.  That media didn’t report that protesters were running through parking lots and breaking windows of cars with Trump stickers on them, or that the department called out emergency Incident Teams to cope with the anti-Trump riot...

“We’ve seen and heard reports that UIC was woefully unprepared for this. They had their own people and Monterey Security inside. The Secret Service had a presence, but they’re restricted to dignitary protection. The ISP had a squad there. And CPD. So where were the people geared up for a riot? For NATO we had an entire strike force geared up and ready to go. We had the Mounted Unit up and running. Tens of dozens of bikes. Did no one see this coming?”

The officer went on to insist that suddenly emptying the pavilion of Trump fans and “putting a few thousand people out on the street as targets” was a terrible decision. This decision led to many unnecessary confrontations between Trump fans and the anarchist protesters,

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government … -reported/

http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/2016/ … peech.html
          CPD failure by this officer's report...and the media.

5. Rodeon profile image56
    Rodeonposted 8 years ago

Keep us updated. smile

6. aware profile image69
    awareposted 8 years ago

Don't protest. VOTE!!!! That's  your voice. Idiots!

Straight and to the point using good logic and common sense.  I like that. 

Trump said he is going to start pressing charges on those protester who disrupt. Then, they can explain to mommy and daddy someday why they have criminal records and can't get a job.  Like any of them actually work.   smile
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILxuJZf6iOI

If someone had accosted Hillary or Bernie at the podium and tried to hurt them it would be front page news and they would be vilified and charged.

1. Alternative Prime profile image59
        Alternative Primeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I wish "Hair PLUGz" Trump luck with his "Pressing Charges" CON ~ Who knows he might get lucky once or twice but "Protesters" are BREAKING NO Laws, just exercising their "Freedom of Speech Rights" which is simply another aspect of AMERICA the "Donald" just doesn't understand ~ It's obvious, Bigot Trump will probably be thrown in Prison for "Inciting Violence" before protesters are Quashed of their Constituional Rights ~ And I always thought he'd first be exiled to a cell right next to the "GHOST of Bernie Madoff" for De-Frauding THOUSANDs of Americans ~

When you build a Life & Presidential Campaign Based Upon Hate, Paranoia, Bigotry, Racism, Capitalism, GREED, LIES, Violence, Backroom DEALs & Favors, and good old fashioned CON-Jobs like Trump obviously has, Honestly, what does he expect? ~

His FEAR Filled Clown SHOWS are based upon the preceding Platform, at least all the other Candidates, except for Ted Cruz, exercise a degree of  "Civility" ~ Trump is Unique, although in a BAD Nasty, and Meglomaniacal way ~ Tossing around the phrase "Politically Correct" does NOT Justify his Actions nor Hate Filled Fascist Rhetoric ~

7. aware profile image69
    awareposted 8 years ago

The first amendment dosesnt give someone the right  to  interrupt someone .who is exercising their right..these protesters are infringing on Donald s right.it's his  event.if the protesters want to speak out.stage their own event. Don't crash  his. Lots people want to hear what candidates have to say. Keep your protest away  from me.and VOTE

Actually you have it Backwards aware ~ Freedon of Speech is lawful if it does not Endanger the Community ~ Protestors raising their voices does not ~ "Interruptions" do NOT endanger anyone ~ What is against the law however is "Inciting Violent Acts" which Trump has a Documented History of doing at his Hate Gatherings ~

Can you give some examples of Trump's incitement to violence? And why has nobody attempted to charge him?

1. Live to Learn profile image60
          Live to Learnposted 8 years agoin reply to this

His incitements to violence fall into the category of free speech. Hate speech is protected under the First amendment. Now, you can certainly say that he isn't telling his supporters to punch protesters and call them racist names. You can say that he is 'just speaking the truth'. But, when his words fall into the category of hate speech by large groups of the population you will eventually get a violent response. And I would see that as 'incitement to violence'. You can't run your mouth for but so long without eliciting a reaction.

"His incitements to violence fall into the category of free speech. Hate speech is protected under the First amendment."

I assume you are using a colloquial definition of "incitement to violence"? The only case I am aware of that establishes boundaries to free speech regarding advocacy of violence is the Brandenburg case, where it established the standard of imminent lawless action. It distinguishes between "the mere abstract teaching of the moral propriety or even moral necessity for a resort to force and violence, is not the same as preparing a group for violent action and steeling it to such action." From what I've seen, Trump did the former, not the latter, thus it can't be considered incitement to imminent, lawless action. It might be considered hate speech, but hate speech does not equal incitement to violence anyway.

"But, when his words fall into the category of hate speech by large groups of the population you will eventually get a violent response. And I would see that as 'incitement to violence'."

Okay, so he is inciting violence as understood by the local population, not the law. That explains why he hasn't been charged. Mob mentality is ill-equipped to understanding the law and judicial process.

Regardless, this is far from a reasonable reaction. The appropriate response is to counter hateful rhetoric with condemnatory counter-speech, not to get violent with anyone who you consider to have "wrong-think." Otherwise you can justify all kinds of "retaliatory" violence against a target deemed hateful. It's wrong whether that happens to cartoonists in Paris or KKK members in Anaheim.

"You can't run your mouth for but so long without eliciting a reaction."

By that standard, the man who was sucker punched at a Trump rally incited violence by disrupting the rally and giving the finger to the crowd. At what point does expressing an opinion justify a violent reaction?

smile  H.R. 347 Federal Restricted Buildings and Grounds Improvement Act

‘‘§ 1752. Restricted building or grounds
              ‘‘(a) Whoever—
              ‘‘(1) knowingly enters or remains in any restricted building
              or grounds without lawful authority to do so;
              ‘‘(2) knowingly, and with intent to impede or disrupt the
              orderly conduct of Government business or official functions,
              engages in disorderly or disruptive conduct in, or within such
              proximity to, any restricted building or grounds when, or so
              that, such conduct, in fact, impedes or disrupts the orderly
              conduct of Government business or official functions;
              ‘‘(3) knowingly, and with the intent to impede or disrupt
              the orderly conduct of Government business or official functions,
              obstructs or impedes ingress or egress to or from any restricted
              building or grounds; or
              ‘‘(4) knowingly engages in any act of physical violence
              against any person or property in any restricted building or
              grounds;
              or attempts or conspires to do so, shall be punished as provided
              in subsection (b).
              ‘‘(b) The punishment for a violation of subsection (a) is—
              ‘‘(1) a fine under this title or imprisonment for not more
              than 10 years, or both, if—
              ‘‘(A) the person, during and in relation to the offense,
              uses or carries a deadly or dangerous weapon or firearm;
              or
              ‘‘(B) the offense results in significant bodily injury as
              defined by section 2118(e)(3); and
              ‘‘(2) a fine under this title or imprisonment for not more
              than one year, or both, in any other case. ...

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-112 … 347enr.pdf

Punishable to up to 10  years in prison.  smile   LOL

Obama knew this, he revised the law March 8, 2012.  He should have been speaking out to renounce the radical liberal protesters, but he didn't...nope.   Blood was shed!  mad
              I remember reading about it when he signed the revision.

Did you see the bruises on the arm of the reporter that Trumps employee inflicted? On a woman who just wanted to ask a question as a reporter. I suppose you can find some law to make that her fault also.

Trump was right. He can do anything. Say anything. Be anything. And some just keep on shaking those pom poms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NoMPxo … chardMiles

This is scraping the bottom of the barrel for ways to attack Trump.

If you say I am scraping the bottom of the barrel in ways to attack Trump you appear to be insulting his supporters. I didn't say they were the bottom of the barrel.

I love this!  Law abiding citizens love the law.  smile  H. R. 347
                I don't condone violence. The protesters have to STOP!

God forbid any more Trump supporters being harassed, beaten, killed. 
                God bless America! 

I'm sorry I don't have time to educate the misinformed.  smile

2. Live to Learn profile image60

Yes. I am referring to the way his words are perceived by the average citizen, not by the courts. I do agree with the courts on this issue. He has the right to say everything he has said. Do I agree with most of it? No. Would I punch him in the face for it? No. That would make me little better than him.

However, you can only run your mouth so long before you get a reaction. He has pushed the envelope pretty hard.

I agree. However, you can only run your mouth so long before you get a reaction (did I already say that? Yes, but it warrants repeating)

I don't condone violence. I simply don't sympathize with Trump because he is going out of his way to make inflammatory statements.

At no point. But, circumstances will dictate whether the person perpetrating violence can garner any sympathy. Where Trump is concerned, I do sympathize with those who have strong emotional responses. However, if they are unlawful acts they do deserve to be treated as such. I wouldn't hit the guy no matter how heinous I consider his behavior to be.

Edit. I felt the need to add one point. My husband would eventually hit him and I'd sympathize with my husband for the act.

http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2802928

You cannot justify "disorderly" or "disruptive" protesters under the law.  Those who are in violation can be punished under the law.  They will be indicted and prosecuted.  hmm 

They can enjoy themselves in a breeding ground where they'll be coming out the biggest skinheads and nazis then anyone has ever seen, ever...  General population isn't too kind to their likes.

H. R. 347   https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-112 … 347enr.pdf

Current federal law (HR 347) does not allow for protesting of any type in an area under protection by the Secret Service. Trump has had Secret Service protection since November of 2015.  Its progressive! 

Its a fascist law that Obama revised in 2012.  TY2Obama  neutral
                Sadly the brainwashed weren't taught their legal rights, rightly.

Skinheads and Nazis? I thought they were all at the Trump rallies cheering him on.

Anyway, if you feel that way how do you feel about Donald Trump looking into paying the legal fees for a guy who sucker punched a protester being taken out of the auditorium. Donald's words were "Because he was very taunting. He was very loud, very disruptive," Trump said.

"And from what I understand, he was sticking a certain finger up in the air. And that is a terrible thing to do in front of somebody that frankly wants to see America made great again. And so we'll see. I'm going to take a look at it. But I want to see what that man was doing

Will you support the idea of Trump paying legal fees for a guy who resorted to violence at his rally?

Edit. And I am still waiting to hear what you think about the reporter who said she was man handled by Trumps' staff. Is that, too, OK? Does anything go as long as it is a Trump supporter or staff member who does it?

Well, Trump is sending the wrong message, he condones the violence with his tacit approval and encouragement. Why should the guy that hit a man have his legal fees paid for? The man did not provoke the assault. Trump is saying 'go ahead and beat them up'.  Inspite of the heckling, this problem is more fundamental with the bad example being set from the top. That top is "Donald Trump".

The manhandling situation was intolerable, the woman quit Britbart as she says that the rabid conservative organization did not 'get her back'.

Benito Mussolini reincarnated....

2. mrpopo profile image73

"I agree. However, you can only run your mouth so long before you get a reaction (did I already say that? Yes, but it warrants repeating)"

I must be missing something because I don't see how this warrants repeating. It's a truism. Those cartoonists in Paris ran their mouth for so long before they got a reaction. Michelle Fields ran her mouth for so long before she got a reaction. It's applicable to anything and doesn't justify (or condemn) the reaction itself.

"I simply don't sympathize with Trump because he is going out of his way to make inflammatory statements."

It's not just about lack of sympathy (I don't sympathize with him either). You claim Trump is completely responsible for this violence because he made inflammatory, hateful speech (some examples would be helpful). But what if what is perceived to be hateful/inflammatory varies from person to person, group to group, ideology to ideology?

I recall a news story where a gay pride parade in Sweden was pressured to relocate because it would be going through an Islamic neighborhood. Swedish leftists condemned the parade as racist and xenophobic, and considered it hate speech towards Muslims. Apparently, if those gays run their mouth off long enough with their "hate speech" towards Muslims they'd get a reaction, like when they get rocks thrown at them in these parades.

Should these gays be condemned for "incitement to violence"? Are they being divisive? Racist? Are they responsible for escalating violence because what they're doing is considered hateful?

To compare protesters at a Trump rally to terrorists in Paris is a stretch which doesn't warrant a response.

It will vary. I've had people claim hate speech where I didn't see it as such. However, we are responsible for our words. Trump won't take any responsibility, whatsoever. I hear now he is blaming Sanders for the violence at his rallies. Trump has told his supporters to punch people. So, how do you think that will play out if they crash a Sanders rally?

Most of the violence that has been brought up is either by Trump supporters, toward protesters or by Trump staff. So, we have hateful rhetoric coupled with violence by staff and supporters. That is what is escalating the violence and it is going to get worse unless Trump starts taking some semblance of responsibility for what he has started and is egging on.

If they weren't saying that they hated Muslims then it isn't hate speech. You can't define hate speech as being proud of who you are, unless who you are is a person who hates others and speaks about it profusely.

You are intelligent enough to know you are comparing apples and oranges here. If you could present a better argument I'd respond.

"To compare protesters at a Trump rally to terrorists in Paris is a stretch which doesn't warrant a response."

I am not comparing those three incidents in gravity or causality or any other measure of comparability. I am merely observing that your statement "if you run your mouth long enough you will get a reaction" is a truism applicable to just about anything:

The cartoonists ran their mouth [drawing cartoons] and got a reaction [terrorist attack].*

Trump ran his mouth [saying inflammatory things] and got a reaction [violent protests].

Michelle fields ran her mouth [asked a question] and got a reaction [was slightly pushed aside].

I ran my mouth [made a post] and got a reaction [received a response].

It's obvious running your mouth in any context will get you some kind of widely varying reaction. I'm just failing to see what that statement brings to the table. Maybe I'm just being overly pedantic.

*This formula is very similar to what certain media said about the Charlie Hebdo attacks. That's why I brought it up as an example.

"Trump has told his supporters to punch people"

Yes, he's told his supporters to punch protesters that disrupt his rallies. I consider it moronic, but not hate speech.

"So, how do you think that will play out if they crash a Sanders rally?"

If they crash a Sanders rally it'd be likely in response to having their own rally crashed, and not due to Trump telling people to punch protesters, because as far as I know they haven't crashed any rallies before Chicago happened. Wouldn't make sense to crash other rallies as protesters if Trump is telling you to punch protesters.

"Most of the violence that has been brought up is either by Trump supporters, toward protesters or by Trump staff."

Has someone quantified the violence? I've seen violence from both sides but not enough to make that judgement. However, I've only seen one group interfere with a private rally.

"So, we have hateful rhetoric"

Can we have some examples? I am rather thick skinned so I might just be oblivious to his hateful rhetoric. I simply don't consider telling people to punch protesters at a private rally to be hate though.

"If they weren't saying that they hated Muslims then it isn't hate speech."

Okay. So who did Trump say he hated?

"You are intelligent enough to know you are comparing apples and oranges here. If you could present a better argument I'd respond."

Those questions I presented to you were rhetorical, because that's exactly what the Swedish left called those gays for organizing a parade through a Muslim neighborhood. They were called racist, xenophobic, and accused of provocative hate speech, which is exactly what Trump is being accused of.

The point isn't to equate the two scenarios; it's to illustrate how easy it is to manipulate language to paint a victimized group to be the villain, simply by labeling them as racist/misogynistic/xenophobic hate mongers. Perhaps you are adequately capable of identifying actual hatred where it exists, but many people are not, which is why I am hesitant to blame Trump for hateful rhetoric as judged by mob mentality.

The above is slightly tangential though, seeing as we've agreed that Trump hasn't broken the law. How is he responsible for the criminal behavior of others if he himself hasn't broken the law?

2. IslandBites profile image88
            IslandBitesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Agree. But he is, in fact, telling supporters to punch protesters.

“If you see any somebody throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would you? Just knock the hell out of them…. I’ll pay for the legal fees, I promise.” - Trump

"I love the old days. You know what they used to do to guys like that when they were in a place like this? They'd be carried out on a stretcher, folks. It's true. … I'd like to punch him in the face, I'll tell you." - Trump

"All right, get him out. Try not to hurt him. If you do, I'll defend you in court. Don't worry about it. …
            We had four guys, they jumped on him, they were swinging and swinging. The next day, we got killed in the press — that we were too rough. Give me a break. You know? Right? We don't want to be too politically correct anymore. Right, folks?"

"Part of the problem and part of the reason it takes so long is nobody wants to hurt each other anymore. Right? And they're being politically correct the way they take them out. So it takes a little bit longer."

Three radical leftists who organized the assassination of free speech at Friday’s scheduled Donald Trump rally in Chicago discovered so far.

ANSWER (Act Now to Stop War and End Racism)

"Stand with All Immigrants, Muslims and People of Color! Shut Down White Supremacy! Spread the word. Organize everyone you can and get them to this very important protest. Everywhere Trump goes he and his racist mob must be shut down by the people!”

Illinois Coalition of Immigrant and Rights Reform

"This group was not only instrumental in creating not only the most radical local immigration ordinance but championed the case which inspired the DREAM Act.
      In 2011, Cook County became the first locality to stop cooperating with the federal government on detainers; detainers became controversial among leftist groups when their use skyrocketed under the now discarded Secure Communities program.
      Detainers are holds that Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) places on state prisoners who they think also violated immigration law and the hold normally gives the federal government up to two extra days to get any prisoner who would otherwise be released.
      Denny McCann was killed in June 2011 when an illegal alien driving about three times the speed limit didn’t stop and dragged him about two hundred feet when Denny was crossing the street. The illegal alien, Saul Chavez, was released from prison in November 2011, rather than be held for ICE, after this ordinance passed and has escaped and is presumed in Mexico: the most high-profile of numerous cases of murderers, rapists, and gang members all let free rather than deported as a result of that policy."

La Raza Chicago

“Donald Trump canceled its event Friday night at the University of Illinois at Chicago, for safety reasons, including the thousands of protesters who gathered inside and outside the venue,”

“Protests by presidential candidate rally had been organized for days by a coalition of activists, students, religious and political city, including numerous Latino organizations and African-American (organizations.),” the group added.

http://www.infowars.com/heres-who-was-r … o-protest/

Who sounds like the racist?   roll
      White Supremacy are Nazi...this is laughable nonsense!
      The Jesus Christ Revolution is all (races) inclusive!

8. aware profile image69
    awareposted 8 years ago

Let's just all talk over each other.and kill this free speech thing once and for all. What about the listener? Me. The guy that wants to hear both sides clearly.so that I can make up my own mind.  What amendment dose that fall under?

9. colorfulone profile image77

"This is America, you cannot stop us and you cannot silence us. Beware the sleeping giant – the Silent Majority of us. We will not be silenced." – Judge Jeanine Pirro

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/03/13/j … e-silenced

This lady knows the law and tells it like it is.  Too bad the disruptive protesters who are paid by the left will not listen to the voice of reason via Judge Jeanine. 

“Since when if you verbally lean right are you responsible for the left’s physical reaction?”

“Since when if you state an opinion are you responsible for someone's reaction?”

“Since when do you have the right to interrupt my First Amendment right to listen to a candidate for the highest office in the land?”

“This is America. Not the Soviet Union,”

“Your free speech, if it differs from mine, doesn't mean that you're right and I’m wrong, and therefore I must be silenced.

But that is exactly what the left tried to do in Chicago last night, and again moments ago in Kansas City to more than 25,000 who came to hear Donald Trump.”

Spells it out loud and clear for me.  Trump should press charges! 

Kansas City Police used pepper spray twice outside and arrested two people protesting.  Hmm!  That worked well to control the disorderly protesters, and should be a warning for others. ~ Feel the Bern!

10. colorfulone profile image77

R.I.P.  "Robert King Bullock", age 37.  He was beaten and shot twice after Trump's rally was shut down in Chicago.  He was a Trump supporter.

http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12920929.jpg

“[Rob] lost his job because of Obamacare.  He lost his brother to black-on-black gang violence.  Now he lost his life because he believed in a white man.  His race didn’t have a damn thing to do with what held him back.”

http://usadailypolitics.com/breaking-bl … rotesters/

It is also reported that two signs were found next to Bullock’s body. One read, “Stop The Racist Trump.” The other was marked with, “Donald Trump = KKK."

sad 

"[Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders] criticize the police, they attack the police. They stoke up racial animosity. The president of the United States is the one that created this division."
    – Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke http://bit.ly/1V1pUAB

sad

11. colorfulone profile image77

This is pure psychological projection BS that is on the liberals!

It is typical Communist / socialist behavior. We saw this type of wave of violence by them in the 60's. Bill Ayers, the BlackPanthers, brain washed students, etc. were the communist elite's foot soldiers back then.

Weather Underground

Isn't it interesting that All of this escalation of violence, starts up right after of a secret meeting on a private Island off the coast of Georgia of New World Order globalist elites aimed at stopping Trump’s ascension to the presidency. George Soros, as usual, is providing financial backing for the riots via move-on org and other far left front organizations.

http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12921910.jpg

Bernie should maybe tell his supporters to keep their violent protests away so he doesn't sound like a hypocrite. I don't see any Trump supporters going to rallies to disrupt and shut them down!

Bernie's 'revolution"... ( hmm )

I just hope "Hair PLUGz" Trump includes one way Air FAIR Tickets to China & Mexico for any employees who wish to get paid "SLAVE Wages" because that's where this CON-Man has his crappy cheap lookin' "Trump-Brand Ties" assembled ~ sad

Yup, believe it or not it's TRUE ~ Google it, you won't believe how insanely DISHONEST this guy is ~

12. colorfulone profile image77

http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12922054.jpg http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12922057.jpg
    Don't know that Trump has done this (except for 1 photoshop)
    Obama does it! .... so it must be ok?  IDK about that.

LOL. Reminds me of my Dad. He started pointing with his middle finger late in life. Not like you are implying. He just tended to use that finger. He was talking about the Chinese one day and I asked him if the finger was some kind of Freudian slip. He was completely unaware of the fact that the finger he was using could be construed that way.

Your opinion of his pose says more about you, than him.

13. colorfulone profile image77

The video showed Jones flipping off the Trump supporters crowd as he was being removed from the rally.  “He was very taunting. He was very loud. Very disruptive. And from what I understand he was sticking a certain finger up in the air.”

“That is a terrible thing to do in front of somebody that, frankly, wants to see America made great again,” Trump said...adding that despite Jones flipping off the crowd, that he does not condone violence and thinks that McGraw merely “got carried away.” 

The incident was evidence of increased tension at Trump campaign events. More protesters have sought to disrupt his rallies while Trump supporters have become more confrontational. That tension culminated in the cancellation of a Trump rally scheduled to be held in Chicago on Friday.

Trump added that despite Jones flipping off the crowd, he does not condone violence and thinks that McGraw merely “got carried away.” -- “He was 78 years old,” Trump said. “He obviously loves this country. And maybe he doesn’t like seeing what’s happening to the country.”

McGraw was released from jail and is due in court next month. Jones was briefly detained after being escorted from the event.

Thankfully, now those disruptive protesters will have to stop or face 10 years in prison.  Sounds like its history, except that the protester could still be charged
    http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/13/trump … ter-video/

I don't answer stupid questions Live to Learn, you should know that by now. wink  (Its a waste of time especially with misinformed.)

Interesting that you haven't answered any of my questions. Does that mean what I think it means?

14. Live to Learn profile image60
    Live to Learnposted 8 years ago

The problem with Trump is that he takes no responsibility for his hateful words and actions and he draws supporters who follow suit. It is a hypocritical way to look at life and it is a shame that we are having to witness this and the effects it is having on our society.

15. Live to Learn profile image60
    Live to Learnposted 8 years ago

One sad piece of evidence that Trump supporters are a growing minority is that they have to talk to themselves on the internet because few are posting anything in support of their views.

16. colorfulone profile image77

My respect just went up for Bernie Sanders, who called for an end to the city's surging violence during a rally late Monday night, hours after a shooting wounded three officers on the West Side of Chicago.

"We got to stop this senseless violence," Sanders said.

There you go Bernie, although you say it's all Trumps fault... you know your people were there and you're saying stop the violence... that's something.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati … /81795886/

Its kind of presidential.  smile  (where's Obama saying that?)

17. colorfulone profile image77

I heard on an interview with a journalist who was in the press-box at the Chicago rally and he says there are things that the media isn't reporting to the public.  NO surprise!

That were women and children there who needed protection.

There was a large group of young men mostly Middle Eastern who had gathered inside in the front-pit area near the stage.  When it was announced that the rally was canceled those young men started running into people. (that's when people got on the stage)   There were a lot of Veterans, handicapped people and some in wheel chairs up near the stage.  The Middle Eastern guys were running into disabled Veterans, people who were vulnerable.  That's why Trump supporters got angry and protective, according to  Matt Dubiel, from AM 1530 WCKG. 

Running into disabled Veterans makes them cowards. Abusing the weak and vulnerable, knocking them over in wheel chairs made them the targets for any able bodied man who cares about their fellow man. It is human instinct to protect those who need protecting. 

Also, from polls I have seen this morning, the chaos and mayhem at the rally has boosted Trump's support.  So, what was meant for evil, was turned for good in that sense. <~~ That sounds just like God at work to me.

18. colorfulone profile image77

The same thuggery strong-arm tactics that were used in 2008 when Obama (the community organizer) was running for president of the United States were used in the caucus states that he won in, by his supporters. 

The abuse by Obama's supporters was not only against Republican supporters, but also against Democrat supporters who were not if favor of voting for Obama. 

"If you want the next four years lookin' like the last eight, then I'm not your candidate.  But if you want real change...then I need you.  I need you to go out and talk to your friends, talk to your neighbors...I want you to argue with them, get in their faces...you guys are the ones who can make the change."
    - Candidate Barack Obama to supporters September, 2008

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/08/ … z434bygjyw
    Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,” Obama said at a Philadelphia fundraiser
    http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/06/1 … ing-a-gun/

Why would anyone believe his rhetoric now?  He sure has gotten plenty of backlash on social media for his recent comments apposing the thuggery used against Trump supporters in recent days.  I can't stand listening to his lies.  There were a lot of horrible things said and done to supporters who opposed Obama...and that same thing is happening to Trump supporters now.   

Same pile of crap, different year!  Haters gonna hate!
    I suspect Hillary learned a lot about thuggery from Obama in that battle. 
    (George Soros supported Obama and is supporting Hillary now.)
    Soros spent $13 million to support Hillary Clinton and other Democrats in this race. "Soros’ personal fortune stands at about $24 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index."
    http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12924843.jpg
    http://www.infowars.com/social-media-un … -rhetoric/

Wake up America...Trump is the manifestation of populous rebellion against a tyrannical government.  America deserves greatest!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)