Everyone dies, why fear death?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (105 posts)
  1. Castlepaloma profile image75
    Castlepalomaposted 8 years ago

Everyone dies, but not everyone lives

We have pushed Death away from Life, the dying away from the living - all in order to impose the illusion of control on the uncertainty of change. We have lost touch with the natural world and with our place in it as mortal animals. We have forgotten "how to die."

Religion is based on fear, because many fear death and hope for a better place than the earth we all live upon. Most people prepare their whole life for this better place. Why, other than fear?

1. Phil Perez profile image61
      Phil Perezposted 8 years agoin reply to this

We fear what we don't essentially understand. With death, there is no closure involved. People crave closure. They want to know "why" or "what" comes next, if anything at all. I personally feel it's because people cannot accept what they've done to contribute to the world - to their lives more importantly, and for the selfish reason that they haven't personally understood everything that would satisfy them to understand before they may or not be able to understand again, a.k.a. death.

If someone wasn't granted another opportunity again, they can never obtain reassurance amongst other things, but mainly reassurance to know that what they did or who they were was led in the right direction to find out truth about life. That's my theory.

Castlepalomaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Interesting theory
        Most people fear what they don't understand or have not yet or ever will achieved their purpose in life, here on earth. - No wonder, many people get upset with me when I point that out.

It seems their is a alot of pressure on our children to achieved good things beyond ourselves.

My daughter and I are lucky. We both love what we do and both are fearless. It something to consider  teaching love can replaces fear, if I can  figure out how to teach it in our permaculture and art classes along with dreams with deadlines.

It must start with an understanding that we cannot do everything we set ourselves out to do in our lives. That's why people get this impulsive urge to want to live forever. We are living forever if we have children and continue the process. They share our legacy as well as find their own. To achieve what we could not and find life's answers in doing so.

Fear is only a concept humans created. Once you know everything about something. Danger and fear go out the window. It's impossible for something to be dangerous or something you're scared of if you completely understand how to use it or how to be in that situation!

It's supposed to be a gradual self-acceptance that you're confident you did all you can and for the right reasons and let it go from there. Teaching that in the way people will understand might be the difficult part.

I see your a Psychology Student.

The premaculture and art  beginners may be difficult reaching so deep on topics of  fear, love and death. For the more advanced students or  light minded people, sharing (in degrees) interest in this area could turn out to be serious fun.

2. Lucid Psyche profile image59
      Lucid Psycheposted 8 years agoin reply to this

"Religion is based on fear, because many fear death and hope for a better place than the earth we all live upon. Most people prepare their whole life for this better place. Why, other than fear?"

Is the statement that "religion is based on fear" entirely fair? But "why, other than fear?" ... there is evidence and plenty of it if Philosophical Naturalism is not taken as a given and all evidence to the contrary is not dismissed or ignored.
      Religion is a separate question from spirituality anyway IMO. And I have reason to believe that spirituality is a very natural and essential feature of existence.

Is not Spirituality, just that fearing 99% unknowns. Maybe it more a fear of being right, for if you had  convention of all world religions held in one place

What would they all agree upon?

Answer- They would agree that, their religion is the right religion and the only way to God. 

Very separting

1. Lucid Psyche profile image59
          Lucid Psycheposted 8 years agoin reply to this

"Is not Spirituality, just that fearing 99% unknowns. Maybe it more a fear of being right, for if you had  convention of all world religions held in one place"

I think that spirituality, which is also being in communication with one's own deepest essential nature is only marginally associated with established religions. I've said that before. It seems very apparent to me but is probably questionable to anyone who denies humanity a spiritual dimension through an unquestioning devotion to Naturalism.
          As for playing the "fear" card ... I could say that atheists may seek solace in oblivion because they fear knowledge of their own spiritual nature. It's conjecture, and has no more value than saying that fear motivates those of other religions.

When I say spirituality is the 99% unknowns or greater to an atheist. Many atheist would reply that the 99% unknowns is just the unknowns, not spiritual at all. Is spiritual just a word like the word God. God means something to 85% of the worlds population.

To me the only honest answer is to  claim I do not know if God exist,   In terms of atheist logically  or  religious  mystically claiming the lopsidedness right. Both are extreme for me to comprehend or understand over this lack of knowledge and proof . Yet do accept them both anyways because l sense we are all connected to the earth and Universe maybe by love that,s stronger than fear.

3. mishpat profile image60
      mishpatposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Life has two great motivators; fear and love.  They are both apart of death and dying whether one is a believer or not.  And they are both apart of each other.

You can live without fear,yet can not live without love. Babies and old people die without love, people commit suicide without love and so on.

Fear is something each one of us allow by not understanding it in time. I know because both my daughter and I are fearless and know others also.

1. mishpat profile image60

Totally fearless?  Its a hard concept to understand, especially since I have never seen it.

Awareness keeps you alive, fear is for bullies.

I don't understand how awareness keeps you alive.  As for fear, it is not for bullies it is a tool for bullies. 

As a matter of fact, it is built into the laws the govern our countries, by bullies on the pretext of public good.  Anonymous once said, "I love my country, but I fear my government."

1. profile image0
                jonnycomelatelyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Yes, Fear is used by bullies in their effort to get their way over others.
                Think about where Fear gets used:   By Commercial bullies (advertising); Religion (threatening hell fire and damnation); Medical bullies (if you don't take the medicine I offer you, you will suffer); Legal bullies (step outside of any law, whether it's a fair one or not, and we will get you).

I would regard the Religious bullies as the worst of all.  They can prove nothing yet they threaten and cajole with nothing while they make you believe it's something.   Fear is King in Religion.

2. Castlepaloma profile image75

mispat
                I don't understand how awareness keeps you alive.  As for fear, it is not for bullies it is a tool for bullies.

Try driving a car at 100km an hour and not crossing the yellow line unaware. Yes bullies use your favorite tool - fear.

Yes Jonnny,  most religions are based on fear. Some are minor bullies, that are good for keeping us on our toes, sometimes with good lessons. Than their are the bullies that want to own you, Religion want to steal your entire soul. Nobody own me, confronting the problem helps to solve that problem with gain of salt or good sense.

>>>Try driving a car at 100km an hour and not crossing the yellow line unaware. Yes bullies use your favorite tool - fear.

I don't know what this means, but ...

I recall one time in my younger days doing 140mph (225kph).  The lines in the pavement vibrated the care making it feel like it was about to explode.  There was a certain fear and pleasure attached to it.  But that was in my younger days when I challenged my fears.  Now, I just live within my limitations and interests, and that is not in a box.  My fears keep me in line with reality and mortality.

4. Joseph O Polanco profile image44
      Joseph O Polancoposted 8 years agoin reply to this

We fear death because it is not natural. We love to live because that is how we were designed by our loving Creator. Had Adam and Eve not defied God they'd still be alive today and death would not be the enemy it has come to be.

Joseph, How is death not natural? You mean it's not a daily occurrence in someone's life or that it isn't supposed to happen? Please elaborate on that.

Also, you're making a generalization by saying, "we love to live." How can you say that when so many people commit suicide because they have convinced themselves that they do not enjoy living? How does the Creator explain that? People LEARN to enjoy life, thoughts aren't given to people, people create those thoughts and then they are formed into ideas and possibly into actions. It's way more complicated than "God "built" us that way."

there's no way to say we deserve death because of possibly two people who might've existed and caused that to happen.

First of all, sperm cells that are ejaculated die after a day to a week depending on the cell, if those cells are meant to die, we were always meant to die. Moreover, Our purpose for having sperm cells is to reproduce and pass on our genes and knowledge to our children. What would be the point of reproduction if we never die? Why would "the Creator" give us this bodily trait if it was "useless?"

Joseph O Polanco
          Had Adam and Eve not defied God they'd still be alive today and death would not be the enemy it has come to be.

Castle
          Adam only made one  mistake by biting into a healthy apple.

Good thing I did not harm or kill anybody in my lifetime. Like they did in those religious prisons and wars throughout history.  I deserve heaven on earth with love.

2. Joseph O Polanco profile image44
          Joseph O Polancoposted 8 years agoin reply to this

We're not supposed to die because we were created to live eternally, not just a few short decades. See John 17:3.

1. BuddiNsense profile image59
            BuddiNsenseposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Just like in Harry potter, I don't remember the verse though.

I think Harry potter use the story of the phoenix which began in ancient Egyptian mythology and was later developed in the Phoenician, Indian and Greek traditions. The phoenix is a sacred fire-bird to embalm the dead and was also burned as a religious sacrifice as a Symbol of Rebirth. Some form of reincarnation make sense too me and even to some atheist and Buddhist.

2. profile image0

...and with this statement, Joseph, I cannot think of anything that would convince me of any truth in your religion.   It surely must be the most nonsensical idea to emerge from that religion called Christianity.
            "....they arrive at an interpretation that is in agreement with their theological position."  - that says it all!

Come on jonny !!! wouldn't you spend eternity in a perfect place and extreme happiness with mostly Christians?

What is it, would it be too boring? lo..lo

1. profile image0

Well, since I am restricted in what I am allowed to enjoy in this life, it ain't going to happen up there amongst Saved Christians.   So I give up...lol.

Your smart to live life, the way you want it, not on how one group or another wants you to live.

Wonder if Yahweh group is not the correct answer. They will join us in the lake of fire too, just because they are not smart enough to know the real God.

The way the bible is written, most of us will go to hell anyway. Satan wouldn't punish us in his hot night club of sex and drugs, were his boys.

5. Don W profile image83
      Don Wposted 8 years agoin reply to this

We are genetically predisposed to fear death. It is a survival mechanism. That's why most animals, including humans, instinctively fear death. But with humans there is an added layer of complexity that self-awareness brings. Certain beliefs, traditions and cultural practices serve as a defense mechanism against the existential trauma of self-awareness; keeping at bay ideas on the potential futility of existence, which are not conducive to survival. There are different social mechanisms which serve the same function. Religion is just another one of them.

A thing or idea is not necessarily true because a man dies for it. You would think death is more important than life to a Christians. Death is not the opposite or greater than life, but a part of it.

Just let me live my life and laugh at death fearlessly because it kills me sometimes, how people die. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time, let life be like music. and death a note unsaid in the next great adventure.

It no big deal to die, it's frightful not to live, for life is full of possibilities.”

Don W

At a certain place like bronze age and a certain place I would have had  to pretend to be a Christian just to survive. For some the confronting big question I ask on hub-pages would have had me burn to the sake.

1. profile image0

Don, with respect, that might be true.   But I don't think other animals ponder and worry about death like we humans tend to do.   They will avoid death, for sure.  And with instinctive avoidance and learning from experience, they will endeavour to avoid death.   But they don't seem prone to worrying about it and developing a sort of paranoia towards death like we do.

I suggest it is in our sophisticated brain functions that we have developed such paranoia.

1. Don W profile image83
            Don Wposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You're right. Animals instinctively fear things that can cause death, and things that are unknown (potential death) with no understanding of the concept of death itself. Humans share that instinctive fear, but also have a unique anxiety that stems from self-awareness; specifically awareness of our own mortality and the inevitability of death, which gives rise to feelings of futility. This can result in existential anxiety. It's entirely possible that self-awareness (the root cause of existential anxiety) is an emergent property stemming from the complex structures and functions of the brain, i.e. human consciousness (and all the things that come with it) could be a side-effect of complexity.

Sound reasonable
              I did fear death for much of my life, a person can learn to be fearless as about 10% of the people are.

2. Phil Perez profile image61

I completely agree, Don. Fear is due to a lack of self-awareness and/or self-realization. Instinct only goes so far. Once there's understanding, instinct doesn't exist, it isn't a part of you (depending what you understand).

People feel like they're unfinished books with no ending that got burned. In other words they never figure out what the meaning of life is, they feel despairing or regretful sometimes and feel that what did was incomplete in their lives.

right now I'm making two ecovillages.  One in Belize and another in Canada of earth buildings and houses, that  will last for hundreds of years. Planted thousands of trees that could out  live many lifetiseS. Been part of theme park displays, museums, sculptures and film work that will out live me. Have A daughter who is interested in continuing the arts and eco village, She has  already made her own master pieces of art works that are simply amazing . And still a lot more hard play and adventure ahead for both of us..

If I die today, there is no fear in not fulfilling my destiny, and knowing it's all been done with clean hands.

1. arksys profile image84
                  arksysposted 7 years agoin reply to this

interested in the eco-village ... do you have a site or anything where i can learn how and what to do?

Castlepalomaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

My nightmares increased about the northern hemisphere being on fire from wars and most everyone in big debt. It changed up my plans on these two eco villages.  I sold my eco village in Saskatchewan and working on selling the one in Belize. Belize has the option of hooked up  clean water and hydro.

Moving to Bolivia to restart an fresh eco village. Mixing native peoples who done green living longer than me along with Westerners to catch up. Sorry don't have a website yet, have been working on eco landbase community living for the pass 5 years intensely and been to South America several times. The most difficult part is leaving your family behind. When things get too difficult for my family to tolerate, some say they will join me.

2. DIGITAL OMEGA profile image60
                    DIGITAL OMEGAposted 7 years agoin reply to this

"Hiring a hacker shouldn't be a difficult process, we believe that finding a trustworthy professional hacker for hire should be a worry free and painless experience," Want to hack someone’s Facebook account? or Gmail account? or break into somebody’s network? changing of school grades or you need a hack for an Android Game But don’t have hacking skills to do so. There’s no need to worry at all. A new service is out for you guys.
                    You can contact imperialwizard22 @ gmail.com

6. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

People fear death for so many reasons.  First of all, death is the big unknown.  In common contention, no one has died and return to inform those what death is like.  Most people are afraid of that which is unknown because it is unfamiliar.   For others, death is the total cessation of consciousness; after they die, they are simply......NO MORE.  All vestiges of who they once were ......has vanished forever in their mind's view.   There are some who are phobically fearful of death because they believe in an afterlife.  A few are afraid that they will have QUITE A NEGATIVE afterlife. 
      http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/9033493.jpg

7. arksys profile image84

It is more love than it is fear in my opinion. I do understand what you are saying though and i believe they have the wrong impression of God. Sure you fear that something you do wrong, may take you further away from God but even that stems from the love you have for God. when the final hour arrives its time to meet your creator. how can that be bad?
      If you truly believe, or prefer God over this world then in my opinion you will not fear death.

Even though America has the highest number Christians along with highest number of sins. A moral compass to heaven is more unlikely for them. That defeats their purpose to prepare for heaven and by their behavior on earth, they are most likely to  end up in hell, at lease hell on earth.

UN just declared world war three and just like like 90% of wars are predominantly religious countries at war. The greedy uses people's fear  like religion of the unknowns to gain more for themselves and less for everyone else. Most wildlife on earth has been killed in the last 50 years among 30 million species. The greedy can very much do the same to humans by fear and power, that we allow.

The only salvation for our race is love, not Jesus, not aliens like the Pope says. It's just world citizens like you and me, that can love the host greedy diesese to death.

I would say the same for Muslim countries where the levels of corruption are probably the highest in the world, however I am not entitled to be the judge and decide who will go to heaven and who will go to hell. That is for God to decide.

I agree that even though religion does not teach us to be bad people, it is used as a tool to brainwash the people and our common enemy is greed/power. I do not understand why they want material things so badly that they are willing to kill over it. Nothing is worth more than a life. Its similar to when i was in school and kids used to fight over things. These wars are similar but on a much larger scale. The leaders may have learnt to speak well but they forgot to grow up.

A question for those who believe in God : If you fear or love God, how can you hate another creation of God? This goes for any living thing. Won't that be a question from God on your judgement day? Why did you hate something or someone that I created? doesn't that indirectly mean that you disapprove of something God has created... If you fear or love God then how can you even think like that? I won't even go into the killing of creations part. Our hearts have turned to stone and we don't even know it.

I agree that love is a route to salvation but for me it is not a realistic approach to resolve the current problem. As mentioned before, religion can be used as a tool, therefore I believe the same religion which is being used to create the fear and wars between people can bring people back together again. The correct methods need to be employed to achieve this.

As long as your God is jealous of a million God's or me, there will never be peace on earth. I know I am not jealous of anyone, God has to be stronger than that.

Muslims actually follow their religion with more commitment. Some rare cases a woman may get stoned for adultery. In America a woman gose to a bar, gets stone and commits adultery. Result, less divorces and adulterary in Muslims countries.

Justice dose not even work in nature, when the coyote eats the rabbit and cougar eats the cougar and so on. There is no justice in war and war solves nothing, yet religion will never stop fighting each other because your God is better than my God, so I must be better than you. Religious people will always care more about sex and war than the natural environment. Nature destruction is on the greatest true threat to mankind's survival.

Judgement day is threat and fear to gain more membership. If God was all loving, he would not need a place to give out suffering punishment forever worst than the crimes they commited. You would think Hitler would have learned his lesson after 50 years of torture.

Most kids I meet say they are spiritual sided rather than religious. They are already more mature than the last generation. We need more kindness in the world, not more religions.

God, surely is greater than that. We just don't understand properly. Spirituality is a part of all religions but very few seem to get that far. Circumstances and worldly affairs seem to take over.
              In some cases religion has provided refuge to people who feel lost. It has given them a direction and a new family with a new drive in life. If practiced properly you would find a lot more in common between a spiritual person and a religious person. It's not as bad as it's made out to be. It is not understood well enough in my opinion. I personally do not agree with the teachings of the imam's and priests for the exact reason of putting fear in people. I just walk away and do my own thing which still falls in line within the boundaries of my religion.

The mystics in Islam known as the Sufi were also spiritual people who existed before Islam. They tried many techniques to reach greater heights in the spiritual world. Most (not all) chose to use the Islamic teachings of Muhammad because the discipline of Islam acted like the protective glass on the flame of the lantern on their journey to enlightenment or to get closer to God.

so there are things in religion which help you become more spiritual... take the good, leave the bad and move forward. People today are still struggling with things like racism which was abolished a long time ago. I agree that more kindness and love is required... more unity is required between all of us... but we need a method or a meeting point where we can accept our differences but still respect one another, live side by side and lift each other up instead of ripping each other's hearts out.

God is a word, if God is all loving with the source of all good intentions to all people and nature, that I can understand.

These personal God or Gods divides people and separate them from other groups of people and individuals and reduce them to us against them. Where I am not against anything. Why not save Satan and be done with it. The life long relationship of  blaming him with most of the worlds conflict is not serving everyone and thing with love..

I respect and except religion as an ancient spirituality and do learn from their experiences in history. Yet, my daughter today has more worldwide knowledge than Moses did. How much can I learn from biblical people whom average age could not manage a life expectancy pass age 30.

Spiritual means 99℅ unknown, so living in the now is most important time in your life and learning is a life process. Even an anarchist is based on a family system and the world is my family as a world citizens. Not belonging to any limited minded large group to give my entire soul to, my soul is to be shared by all and all for one.

8. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The life after death is a reality. The fear is not from death but the fear is about our not leading our lives as per the commandments of G-d.

Regards

Nobody has proven to come back from the spirit world and state that reality. The first impossible task is finding the right God among millions of Gods. Since humans lack 99% experience knowledge about the earth let alone the impossible knowledge of who created the universe.

Then your so comfortable in your smaller box of knowledge of your Religion, you shut off your curiously and this king about the physical natural environment and focus more on war and other people's sexual affairs. Then because of your lack reading of your Bible and lack also world knowledge cultures. The Christians behavior fight with each other Christians denomination more than they even go to war with Religion over jealouy and break their own rules more than any other group.

That is why I don't understand Religion and probably never will. Why would most people be punished for worst than their crimes in hell. No body learn any lessons or forgiven for their certain stupidity.

1. profile image51

Doesn't one love life? So why shouldn't one live it usefully and be accountable as to  how one lives it. Best of the present life and best of the hereafter, both are not contradictory to one another. Are they contradictory? Please
          Regards

A right God among a million God would be contradicting. About 90% of the wars today are predominately Religious countries is evidence of this contradiction.

I do give credit that Muslims countries that are far less the aggressor than Coperate America. America is a Corperation, not a country. They must fight anyone of thing every two years to keep their war economy going under Marshal law and the emergency war act of 1871. It is against international law, against their Religion and against their Constitution so basically it is totally illegitimate. Religion hierarchy is the same as Government hierarchy. It is no longer a healthy system for the the vast majority of the people of this world

Isn't the source greed (for money [and/or] power)?

Sure they are in religious settings because half the world is religious... but i don't think religion is the cause of 90% of wars... there are definitely some cases where "my God is better than yours, therefore you have to die..." which occur, but the 90% figure seems a little too high.

The hierarchy of Religion and Corporatism greed go hand and hand. Religion being used as a tool for souls and the new world order led by bankers hiring their no 1 employed Corperation in the world, the US military. They call it policing yet what is really happening is creative mischievous false flag. About 85% of the world is Religious. It is easier to pretent your enemy is a demon to be killed than to see them as human being equal to yourself.

War policing is much worst than the local US police policing for profit like for drugs and traffic and parking tickets wail ignoring much theft and murder.

2. profile image51

I agree with one.
                The war is being fought on both sides for politics, not for religion. Religion does not support it. Why blame religion? Please
                The above question is to everybody. Right? Please
                Regards

I explain on other threads.
                  Political, Religion and military all work hand and hand. Muslim countries Religion has greater superiority over their Government creating most of their influences on their culture.
                  More of a negative is American Christians do not stand up to their US Corporatism war economy destruction around the world.

Now world war 3 is ripe because after the destruction of many Muslims nations. NATO and Corp America has bitten off more than they can chew going after Russia and China.

2. profile image51

Both the the warring groups are doing politics, one in the name of religion and the other in the name of democracy.It has got nothing to do with the religion.
              So why blame religion? Please
              Regards

2. mishpat profile image60
    mishpatposted 8 years ago

I always "appreciate" the "humorous candor" of the unbelievers.  Like those that hung Jesus on the Cross, they bring prophecy to life and support the veracity of that which they deny.

1. profile image0

You really think that a crowd of people who enjoyed the spectacle of a man being put to death were "unbelievers?"    They were people like you and I, mishpat....ordinary, everyday, just wanting entertainment.  If you and I had been there, we would be in the crowd, jeering like the rest of them. 
      It's so easy to get lost in the crowd and relinquish any personal responsibility - hiding behind someone else and pretending I don't count.

3. mishpat profile image60
    mishpatposted 8 years ago

After reading some of these comments, it seems that someone should take a moment to define "fear" in all of its variables and nuances.

Don't be coy.

Coy?

You're hiding who you mean by saying, "someone" who do you mean ?

I think you are reading too much into my question.  I don't care who defines the word.  It just appears to be an exercise of some sort yet with no common frame of reference.

1. profile image0

Come on now!  Surely you don't need anyone to define "Fear."   We all know what it feels like.  It is a feeling, simply, yet with consequences.  Anxiety, worry, concern, fright, fight, flight, are all versions of it. 
              Another more important consequence is to turn from it, refuse to face and confront it..... with consequences......
              The frame(s) of reference are common and many.
              Try looking in the mirror of your own life.

4. Trichakra profile image60
    Trichakraposted 7 years ago

I don't fear death, I only fear the process of dying.

5. profile image52
    Lordson Ugochukwuposted 7 years ago

Death is in reversible....

6. Oztinato profile image75
    Oztinatoposted 7 years ago

How on earth did you manage a swipe at religion in an otherwise good topic? I'll remind you that all science stems from a desire to solve the existential mysteries of which death is central.

Science did have a great deal to do with doubling our life expectancy around the world since the 1800"s.

There was a baby killed in the 9/11 attack. To cry about it, then say he is gone to a better place, then why be upset about him. Then the Christian US invades Middle East and kills over a million of their children. Then feels no remorse because they are of another Religion. Don't those children deserve a mansion in the sky like the US kid. 

Nobody gets out of life alive, when we understand how important every second life is, here and now, we will work harder to prolong it. From the spiritual world, nobody has ever come back to tell us about. Maybe some that have from a heavily druged on a near death experience.

Authorities kill more than the public doses. In order too keep us inline living in boxes,  dictate what life, death and love is all about. Where my individual curiously is limitless and boundless. Then I come to team up with other strong individuals to contribute a service for all the world to share in.

Too often one side over ego large groups go delusion or go insane. Like this third world war wave about to be dumped on us along with the dollar being dumped. Synthetic vs. the wild and green world we ought to be living rather than living for debt.

1. Oztinato profile image75
        Oztinatoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The entire basis of atheist disparaging of religion is totally faulty and unethical. It is basically parasitic for either atheist or fundamentalist to constantly bang on about religion and/or other religions.
        http://hubpages.com/religion-philosophy … parasitic-

1. profile image0
          jonnycomelatelyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

....and it's unethical, frustrating and annoying when those who have a religious agenda regard those who are atheist as inferior and in need of being saved.
          It cuts both ways, Oz.

If you actually read my post you would see I put both atheist and fundamentalists together. They share the same attitude.

As long as each side calls each other delusional, there will be no middle ground solutions, so fundamentalist can be at the core of the extreme imbalance.

Since Religion has had the most control of the planet, what have they done the last 1/2 century?

Right now we are at a deacon 3 level of nuclear world war 3. Only twice before this high of level ever recorded in human history.
              About 90℅ of big fish in the sea are dead. About 75℅ of trees cut down and 30℅ of ice in Antarctica gone and most wildlife animals on the planet dead. The top five threats to mankind are natural environment related.

It is said God helps the ones that help themselves or heaven is within. Why not try that kindness , peace and love within. Before continuing christian soldier marching as to war,  or fighting the good fight.

thing were moving in a positive direction during the golden era of Islam, in terms of science and advancement of knowledge. As with everything else, humans are resistant to change but there were some very important discoveries made during that time which are still used today. i do not think it is fair to say religion has done nothing. it has played an important role and knowledge was given great value.

2. Oztinato profile image75

Each side does not believe the other is delusional.
                I'm clearly stating that religious intolerance is unacceptable by either atheists or fundamentalist.
                Religious tolerance is a basic human right like racial tolerance. Those who try to defend and promote religious intolerance are being parasitic.  People like Dawkins who try to make money out of intolerance are human parasites.
                How can I be  any clearer?

Often I hear atheist and religious person call each other delusional. Seems meaningless when you think that 99℅ of world knowledge is missing from the equation.

I would think that the late Dawkins was a fundamentalist, yet not a parasite. He may have been the world's champion atheist but not the world champion at BS like clergyman are. They pay no taxes and tell everyone there is an invisible man in the sky that knows everything you do and has 10 commandments we all must do. Since Christians are the World champions at breaking those 10 rules, it's all pure, Holly crap BS.

Dawkins is definitely a human parasite. He's still alive if you can call that living. Look if religion didn't exist how could poor old dawkins make more money? (Dawkins is finished.) Ergo a flea feeds off a host.
                    There is now a religion friendly atheism called "Atheism 2.0".
                    Yes of course Daesh are parasites too. Any fundamentalist preacher who steals money from followers is also a parasite.

2. arksys profile image84

i agree they share similar attitudes in most cases but that is not what is happening here.

I don't understand atheist obsession with religion than religion it'self. Why would an atheist group of people be the leaders of world religious knowledge. I find both extremes unbalanced and neither side can disprove the existence or nonexistent of God.

I find all people are basically good and would not call any group parasites, totally unethical and faulty. I would perfer working and communication with individuals than with limited thinking, one sided large ego groups in an already over ego world.

Most part religion is ancient spirituality practice that when it comes to war, sex and drugs, they live in the bronze age. Religion dose more harm than good for the advancement nature and for most species and earthlings.

1. profile image0

I find environmental and ecological studies can lift my spirits like religion never did. 
            Bolivia is one place in the world love to visit.  It is thought that Azolla filiculoides, the aquatic fern which I am fascinated by, originally came from that region of the world.

If you ever make it here, I will give you a walk about.

Now that China is trading direct with Australian and not using the US currency (jew tax). Let's hope US dose not blow their top and force Australian to a evacuate. Probably not since much of you are white and the world are joining the ban wagon too and putting nails in the US coffin.

7. DIGITAL OMEGA profile image60
    DIGITAL OMEGAposted 7 years ago

I Basically think we all don't have to face all these deceit and lies from our spouse...in a case of mine wen i got sick and tired of all the lies and deceit i had to contact a friend of mine to get me the contact of one of the best hackers in the states ..then i met an ethical hacker..He saved me from the lies of my cheating husband by hacking his phone..In case you need help with hacking any phone or account or other jobs contact him via email (imperialwizard22@gmail. COM) Tell him Elisha Watson referred you.He will help you .

8. profile image53
    Dimes worthposted 7 years ago

It is not because of fear that christians follow Christ, but the love that he has showered upon us by dying on the cross for our sins.(which deserves death Romans 6:33)  forgiving us for all we have done. I call that hope and celebration not fear. So even if there was no afterlife it would still be worth it to completely to follow Christ just here on this earth.

No doubt Jesus was a great guy even though I never witnessed him as many Christians describe Jesus often differently. I am even more impressed with many other great books and men, some I know personally and they don't ask me for my entire soul, too dangerous and silly. It''s better to never limit my curiosity, open thinking and question everything.

2. profile image0

Welcome to HubPages - but what you have said is your own belief, your superstitious belief.  It's not founded in reality.

9. profile image53

But let me ask you this, did those great men and books ever pay the price to save your soul?

Our saviour is our selves and for each one of us to be of service to mankind and nature.

To be involved in us against them over ego group conflicts, only separates us and harms most of the earthlings.

I must keep my soul it is the only one I have. All I have in life is what I give away, if I gave my soul to Jesus, I would be his slave then could not share with all. Then would only limit the world with highlights of the bronze age.

With all earths  beauty and wild wonders, why would anyone limit their thinking?, when you are what you think .

1. profile image0

Yes. Christian fundamentalists claim their god is omnipotent yet immediately limit "him" to their own preconceived ideas of what they feel comfortable with.  Ignorance, superstition, self-deception, desire for moral superiority, fear of death....all these traits go into extremist religion.

It's funny how they have this glossy crazed look on their face. Then say anything made up that comes out of their mouth about God as it is absolutely truth. Then repeat it again servial more times, to make it a confirmed truth.

If I rambled on about my imaginary friend and forgot to tell anyone it was God I was talking to or about. They would lock me up in a rubber room. If I ever have this craze of talking to a fantasy caricature in public, better be taking into my turned off cell phone. Sometime I do talk out loud creating fantasy stories in my sand sculpture displays. People think artist are crazy enough.

1. profile image0

Everyone loves a crazy clown!  lol

10. profile image53

John 3:16-17

11. Oztinato profile image75
    Oztinatoposted 7 years ago

No the new trend is "Atheism 2.0" which has rejected the crass bigoted tactics of dawkins. Atheism 2.0 now appreciates what religion is doing and adopts a tolerant attitude.
    To make money out of religious bigotry is almost as low as a person can get. It is truly parasitic in the extreme for either old school dawkins style "phoney atheism" or nutty fundamentalists to indulge in justifying religious or cultural intolerance.

Having a jealous God and having 90℅ of predominantly religious countries at war is the lowest I have ever experienced. Having been in six war zone during my visits. Since authorities like Government only topped by Religion kill more people than the public dose. War and hierarchy can never be justified for the equality of mankind.

In America they made atheist a religion. My guess is to protect atheist from religious intolerance and judgement since 2℅ can't really be the bully in all this.

If atheist make money from their free open speech and pay no taxes on their service or products, then I will support you a 100℅ all the way.

In the mean time hold back on the negative parasites comments. After all we are all environmental organisms first. Some earthlings may resemble that usefulness.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
        Kathryn L Hillposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Do I resemble that comment?

More and more I get to know you, you have grown more open minded and spiritual optimistic.
          We all have to work off these layers of junk baggage and regain our love over these fake fears. Believe or not I'm a die hard optimists too.

2. Oztinato profile image75

Yes I'm relating the principles of the worst Daesh idiots to old school (now defunct) atheism. One uses guns (which is worse) the other uses words. Both are trying hard to achieve cultural genocide.
        I'm in favour of Atheism 2.0. Have been all the while. I promoted tolerant atheism in hubs and forums.
        Ok?
        It proves my point that I've been making on HP for years. The old school atheism really really sucked.  Now real atheists are saying the same thing.

12. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 7 years ago

Most people fear the pain of death. Not death itself. Dying, leaving the body, must be a blast, if you ask me!

Many people who faced even hideous deaths but lived recall feeling warm and friendly feelings while "dying".

A man who has lived fully is prepared to die anytime. Live life not so seriously and nor for death.

I want my ashes built in a sandcastle and have the tide float it away.

1. profile image0

I want my body composted in sawdust, so that the carbon/nitrogen ratio is perfect for all those bacteria and other microbes to make a meal of me and return my body to ever-lasting life.

What happens if you get reincarnated as a sand crab or meal worm?

Or reincarnated into an oak tree and a Christian cuts you down and makes you into Bibles.

Just messing with you.

1. profile image0

Sand crab, meal worm, oak tree.... it's all part of re-incarnation.  No one said we had to come back as a simple, lowly, ignorant human.  I mean, sand crabs have every bit of instinctive hereditary DNA they need for survival....and perfectly aligned with the risk (probability) of being eaten by a neighbour.  In fact the crab probably eats the meal worm, otherwise why would the worm have such a name?  Isn't it nice to be wanted?
              The oak tree also has its natural characteristics which help it to survive.   
              Trees have evolved the ability to discard - excrete - the materials they no longer want.  Nutrients like phosphate are used in the growth of the tree.  Come autumn (Fall) the tree sends surplus phosphate into its leaves.  The leaves dry up and drop to the ground, carrying those phosphates back to the ground, to be available for other plants in their lives.   A wonderfully efficient way of recycling.
              So I have no objections to coming back as something noble, clever, dependable, strong and standing tall with self-respect - yet with no BS !

wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)