Still waiting for fans

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (32 posts)
  1. deepthought profile image59
    deepthoughtposted 14 years ago

Is it not better to stay an enigma and let your words be heard with eyes then your profile to be read loud like facebook, twitter and all other social network.

Hi, let me introduce myself. I've been called a lot of things in life but you can call me Deep. As you all can see by now I'm new to all these blogs and social network stuff. So if by chance you happened to stumble across my hub or profile and you don't see my reflection in my hub mirror you can still feel free to leave a comment or even suggest to me how to build a fan base or even help me become a better huber. I don't think that that's too much to ask ( is it ? ) Who knows. Maybe you might not all appreciate what I write about but you might know someone who might. If not I guess I'm in a wrong place. Anyways thanks for taking the time to read my jibajaba

2. Mobile Phones profile image57
    Mobile Phonesposted 14 years ago

Me Too.

http://hubpages.com/x/hub_32.gif cool http://hubpages.com/x/hub_32.gif

3. Marisa Wright profile image85
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

Hi guys,

The way to get fans is to participate in the forums.  That doesn't mean creating new threads (unless you need some questions to help you get started here) - it means joining in discussions in an intelligent way. 

If you make interesting comments, people will be curious and will check out your profile and your articles.  If they like what they see, they'll become your fan.

Note that having fans and earning money are NOT connected - fans are other Hubbers, and Hubbers generally don't buy products on HubPages.  To earn money, you want search engine traffic, and that comes from (a) writing excellent Hubs and (b) promoting them off HubPages, not here!

4. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

Welcome to HubPages, Deepthought and mobilephones big_smile ditto to what Marisa Wright has said. Sprinkle your Hub urls all over the web and bring traffic will get you noticed. smile

5. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

Deepthought, there are two things that I would add to what has already been said here.  First, you need a profile photo. It doesn't have to be of you necessarily, some do, some don't.  I prefer to use an avatar.  Secondly, tell the world a bit more about yourself on your profile page.  One thing a writer has to do is get more comfy with introducing themselves.  Make people want to know more about you.  Read some other hubber profiles to get some ideas.  It can be silly or it can be serious, or both.  Just promote yourself a bit.

6. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

I have to agree with the advice given above.  The forum is the best way to network, a profile picture gives the reader a sense of association and join other hubbers' fan clubs.  Often, the hubber will join yours in turn.

7. Greg Moore profile image60
    Greg Mooreposted 14 years ago

Likewise I am pining for fans. My profile says I have been a member for seven months, but I didn't post my first hub until 2 weeks ago (now I have over 200). I want to get people intersted in the story I am telling, and I see people joining the books and writing club every day, but attracting fans is TOUGH! Good luck my compadres!

1. beautyrose profile image60
      beautyroseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

wow you have so many hubs. But how come your fans a so few. Look I'm you fan now.

8. Pamda Man profile image58
    Pamda Manposted 14 years ago

Fan number gives a rough indication of how intelligent you are, like how well you write hubs and how good are your responses in forums. Demonstrating an act of wanting for fans is not a good way of getting fans.

Panda Man

and panda man start making fan now make them a hundred folds.

2. beautyrose profile image60

Look at what you stated in your post. I was just telling you to increase your fans and make more good hubs.

3. bigmikeh profile image68
      bigmikehposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm don't think fan numbers indicate how intelligent you are. More an indication of how much you post in the forums, or run around the other profiles "fanning" hubbers, hoping they fan you back. I write mainly for the search engines, so most of my visitors come from outside HubPages, and they tend not to comment, or become fans. My ego could suffer, but my revenue doesn't.

1. Pamda Man profile image58
        Pamda Manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That seems more of an act of a spammer to me.

Edit: @ beautyrose, thanks for the compliment! big_smile

Panda Man

spammer? why is that? Its ok if you like to fan other hubbers. Me I prefer to have more fan so they are the first to read my hubs just maybe.

2. bigmikeh profile image68

Agreed - it is the act of a spammer. That's why I don't do it.

2. Pamda Man profile image58
        Pamda Manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This sounds like spam. beautyrose, I think you are talking about something very different from this. Right? big_smile

Welcome Jane, it's good to have views like what you posted.

Panda Man

3. Marisa Wright profile image85
        Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Intelligent answer, Bigmikeh!  So many new members agonize over fans and Hubscores, without understanding they have no relevance to making money here.

1. bigmikeh profile image68

Thank you Marissa - It's good to know there is somebody here who thinks the same way as me!

9. Pamda Man profile image58

I don't understand what you meant. Please elaborate. Thanks.

Panda Man

10. Pamda Man profile image58

Does that mean you like my hubs or what? But I think this is going to personal messaging rather than forum. But back to your response, I think I will write more good hubs when I have time. big_smile

Panda Man

I have look at your hub about plant and zombies.I think your doing well. You were able to put nice photos, video, and you even have poll on you hub which I have not made yet. And you have attached few ads of ebay. I think you'll make it to the top .Keep up the good work

11. Pamda Man profile image58

If you are talking post number, anyone can post a few seemingly related posts (such as I agree or big_smile, etc.) in every topic to get their post count up. And if you fan people to hope that they fan you back, not because you like what they do, then there's no meaning to the whole application then.

Edit: Why is it that everytime I answer something someone answers it for me before I post??? Anyways, you have answered the question for me. Lol. big_smile

Panda Man

well it depend on how you view fanning someone. To me I don't consider it a spam cause I really like to read most of there hubs too at least it gives me idea how to hub also.

12. simplyjo profile image56
    simplyjoposted 14 years ago

Some tips to get new fans -

1. Post comments on hubs you like
    2. Participate in forums
    3. Make interesting hubs which people would like to read
    4. Look for friends first..and fans will follow smile

Hope it helped !

1. NZUNG SERAPHINE profile image59
      NZUNG SERAPHINEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are welcome to hubpage.its just a matter of time things will move smoothly.take all the advices from your friends above and make the necessary changes and u will see yourself moving forward and upward.

13. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

I'm fairly new here, but hopped right into the forums after I posted my first hub.  I didn't ask for fans or for people to read my hubs, I just wanted to get involved.  There are a lot fun forum topics and general silliness to become involved in.  I also found the forum to be of great assistance to me in helping resolve a problem or ask how to questions.

Agree with others on having a picture in your profile - it doesn't have to be of you, but maybe a reflection of your personality.  I use pictures to mentally connect with the names of the posters.

14. seamist profile image61
    seamistposted 14 years ago

Hi Everyone

I don't think fans are a result of posting in the forums. I think it is more a result of time and writing well-written articles people find useful. If you write well-written, useful articles, you fans will become more as time goes by. Just keep plugging away --- things will turn around.

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually seamist, I don't agree with you there.

Certainly, "writing well-written articles people find useful" will bring you success on HubPages. But success and fans are two completely different things.

Fans are other Hubbers who like your work.  Most Hubbers are too busy writing to go surfing HubPages for new arrivals - so unless you pop up on the forums occasionally, you may not get noticed. 

Virtually all the people I'm a fan of, I came across on these forums first.

15. bigmikeh profile image68
    bigmikehposted 14 years ago

Apologies Marisa - I'll get your name right first time, next time.

16. seamist profile image61
    seamistposted 14 years ago

Marisa

I don't know which forum question it was on,  but thank you for the tip on not placing your photo on your top. I tried it on one my hubs to see how it goes.

17. deepthought profile image59
    deepthoughtposted 14 years ago

Hey all, how's it going? Thanks to all of you who posted a comment in regards to still looking for fans. For some reason I've only notice all of your comments when I wrote the name deepthought in the hubpages search engines without signing in. Yet most of your comments does not show up on my profile pages. Also why is it that when I type my name in  the search engines it shows up as me not having publish any hubs or having any fans. P.S please bare with me as I'm still learning and like I said before THANKS!!!! Also to all of you who became my fans YES i've read a lot of your hubs

18. bkelly99 profile image59
    bkelly99posted 14 years ago

hey guys add me as a fan and I will be sure to add you as a fan as well.
    Thanks guys bKelly99

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)