I'd like feedback on my article: Jesus Healed Them All - Putting Faith in...

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (18 posts)
  1. Jackie Lynnley profile image85
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 6 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article [url=https://hubpages.com/religion-philosophy/Jesus-Healed-Them-All]Jesus Healed Them All -
         Putting Faith in Prayer and the Word of God[/url]. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

Jackie Lynnleyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Tell you people, there is nothing I can find wrong now on this hub and I have listened to all ideas and worked on them, I know what I have to do and pretty sure it will work unless there is an anti-Christ editing these. Just take it down and redo it. Just hate that for the ones who have bothered to comment. I am truly sorry. I am not about to delete and forget about it. Not going to happen. Thank Marisa and Linda, I really appreciate your help.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
        Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I think you're right.  The heart of the Hub is good, but it needs quite a bit of rearranging to refocus it, so it might be easier just to wipe it and start again.  However, couldn't you just delete the text and rewrite it, rather than deleting the whole Hub?  or do you feel the comments would be irrelevant by the time you'd done that?

I did more or less do that even making the whole thing lose what it was meant for but it made no difference. I just hate it for the ones who commented and Theresa but I will make it a whole new hub with the same theme. It will be OK and I will take my time. Been a lot of years since this has happened to me my hubs feature so fast. Sort of reminding me of that place we both quit (probably for way different reasons) but mine was I was not allowed to say Jesus or talk about Him. I see many here do though so surely that is not the case here.
          Again, thanks!

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

I'm curious. Do religion articles really get organic traffic? This is a serious question; I could do a boatload of them.

Well it is getting hits not even featured. It was important to me and HP stresses importance of our personal experience of article we write, which is true here. I don't expect some to understand but I know there are many who do.
      What I find puzzling is it is written like all my other articles and they have no problem whatsoever featuring. In fact I have a new one today https://hubpages.com/literature/Wistful-Winter-Memories and I bet it wasn't even two hours featuring. I also have one about a friend who died so why not one about a friend who prayed for me? These articles are about life and all these things are a part of it.
      There are plenty of Christian articles at HP and I cannot see it is not as good or as important as them, so I appreciate your effort to help but I think you have missed the mark. Maybe someone else can help, though, with a clue.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
        paradigmsearchposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You have no idea how I can help. big_smile

No honey, just go do a boatload of your own. I don't write for money but from the heart. I guess we would never see each others point of view. Thanks for the offer.

Bolding by me.

Since you brought the subject up, I disagree. I assign probabilities, as opposed to absolutes; nothing more.

Christian, not religion. Absolute, not just possibilities.

"Christian, not religion."

Are you serious?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

HubPages doesn't want Hubs that are purely about personal experience.  They say they want us to share our personal experience in a way that's useful to others.

Reading your Hub, I think it passes that test, so I'm not sure why it hasn't been Featured.  I'm wondering if the moderator has been a bit lazy and only read the beginning?  Maybe try rewording the beginning to make it clearer that you're not just talking about yourself.

By the way, your second example is under the category "Creative Writing", and Hubs in that category don't have to pass that test.

Marisa, I did try it in creative writing and that didn't go over either. I took out what I thought was important, not personal because it kept saying it may be considered commercial so now it probably does look more personal except I believe in the power of prayer and what this one prayer did for me and how healing should never fail if we can find that secret. Do I have it? No. I try all the things I know such as giving God's word back to Him. I offer what helps me.
      Thank you for helping and thinking it should go through.
      You think then I should make it creative writing?

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
        Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

That is just weird.  I do feel like it should go in the religion category because it's not a fictional story.  I think it would get more readers in the right category. 

I'd suggest taking out the line, "This writing is about that and my personal experience."  Maybe moderators are reading that and jumping to conclusions.  I would also consider writing a different introduction that says something about how friends can help each other through prayer, then suggesting opportunities to do that and ways it can be done, and then offering your own experience as an example.

Thanks Marisa, I will take a new look at it in the morning and try your suggestions. Appreciate your time.

I wish you well, I was just kind of shocked.

4. AliciaC profile image92
    AliciaCposted 6 years ago

Hi, Jackie. Your hub is interesting (as always), but I suspect that it needs to be proofread very carefully in order to be featured. Here are two examples of the problems that I saw.

Second paragraph: That helps me out more than any in times of stress a powerlessness to find the words I need. (The meaning of this sentence isn't clear. Words seem to have been left out.)

In the third paragraph of Theresa's prayer you mention a blot clot instead of a blood clot.

There are other errors, too. I know from experience that it's sometimes hard to see mistakes in our own writing. Perhaps reading the article aloud or asking a relative or friend to read it would be helpful. Good luck with getting the article featured.

I took the whole hub out and put it section by section in word document and so that is the only way I can see having confusing sentence, thank you. I will correct that and read over it again because I am afraid I trusted the word document fix without checking. Very stupid of me but going over and over it to start with I could find no mistakes and saw nothing else I could do. I even took out a section about suicide and prayer and trust there I thought very important but someone suggested it had no place in my story.
      Thanks again for pointing this out, I did not spell check Theresa's letter of course and did not notice the typo, so thank you so much!
      I will go now and check out the first you mentioned and fix hers.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)