President Trump has made 1,950 false or misleading claims over 347 day

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (93 posts)
  1. peoplepower73 profile image88
    peoplepower73posted 6 years ago

This is for your dining and dancing pleasure.

http://a.msn.com/01/en-us/BBHLU8e?ocid=st

1. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 6 years agoin reply to this

All president's lie. Don't you know that? Obama lied 18 times in eight years. There's no difference at all. Nothing to see here. This is completely normal behavior for a U.S. president.

Obviously, you're suffering from TDS. Mentally healthy people understand that almost 2000 lies in a year is no big deal and the fact that you even mention it shows how biased you are. Stop denigrating our president. You're just upset that he won by the greatest landslide in the history of the world. Get over it.

2. Aime F profile image71
    Aime Fposted 6 years ago

Well at least we can be sure that his claim this morning (that he is personally responsible for no commercial airline deaths in THE WHOLE WORLD in 2017) is totally factual!

Seriously, I wonder how many of those misleading claims he actually believes because his ego is so stupidly out of control?

1. profile image0

Of course he is responsible for no airline deaths in the entire world. The mere fact that he--a really really tough guy--is in office means the whole world will toe the line because he will not tolerate any kind of mistakes.

Geez, get with the program.

3. peoplepower73 profile image88

So you would rather have a really tough guy as a president, than one who doesn't lie and is not deceptive.  What does airline deaths in the entire world have to with the president of the United States?  What an irony, he makes mistakes all the time.

1. profile image0

I was being facetious, although I do think Trump believes his own ridiculous statements. He is a narcissist, and his creeping dementia is only makng him more mentally unfit.

1. MizBejabbers profile image87
        MizBejabbersposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Actually, Pretty Panther, you fooled me. I'd read your comments on other hubs and that one surprised me. Thanks for straightening us out about the sarcasm.

1. profile image0

My apologies. One of my many character flaws. I put myself in the mind of a Trump supporter and it wasn't pretty.

1. GA Anderson profile image88
            GA Andersonposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Is that how you got the flu? (are you sure it's the flu and not the effects of exposure to the TDS antibodies that you are feeling?)

GA

1. profile image0

Maybe. What are the symptoms of TDS? I seem to get diagnosed with it when I question Trump's fitness to be president. Can we now say that much of the White House staff also has TDS, given recent revelations of their remarkably similar assessments of his mental ability and stability?

Hmmmm.

1. jackclee lm profile image80
                jackclee lmposted 6 years agoin reply to this

It is easy to answer. TDS is a condition where anything Trump is automatically reported with a negative spin. Brian Ross is a recent example in media. Also, it is afflicted of person who has tendency to believe the media over their own assessment. The key is those who are afflicted with TDS will do whatever it takes even at risk of losing their own credibility and sanity.
                They will not give credit where credit is due. Whatever you think of Trump, he has done some very good things for America. TDS will never admit this.
                Does that sound like you?

1. profile image0

"Also, it is afflicted of person who has tendency to believe the media over their own assessment."

My own assessment is that Trump is mentally and emotionally unfit to be president. Most media will not come out and say this. I have been saying it since before he was elected. It is my own opinion based on my own observations.

"They will not give credit where credit is due." I am a liberal. What policy has Trump forwarded that you imagine I would be happy about? IF Congress passes a clean infrastructure bill, and Trump assists with the process, I will give him credit. That is an example of something I could support.

I already assured wilderness that I will accept the findings of the Mueller investigation, regardless of what they might be. Will you do the same?

No because the whole Mueller investigation is tainted. The FBI under Comey was compromised.
                    Just because you disagree with his policies does not make him unfit to govern. You have to do better than just wishful thinking.
                    His tax cut will help many people, even you I surmise.
                    His efforts to stop ISIS help all of us be safer from terrorism.
                    His cut in regulations has already paid off in optimism and jobs and economy...and stock market hitting new highs.
                    He stood up for Israel and recognized Jerusalem as Capitol.
                    If you heard his speeches, he sure sounded Presidential to me.
                    So, I am not getting your assessment.

2. profile image0
                promisemposted 6 years agoin reply to this

TDS means you don't believe your own eyes, ears and brain.

Instead, you believe anonymous right-wing blogs and sites like Breitbart that are funded by extremist billionaires.

4. profile image53
    Charles Reinhartposted 6 years ago

Simple hes donald trump not a future predicting circus performer
    I lie too as i cannot predict actions of others nor outcomes
    Go trump go america is greater every day thanks to you and your staff god bless us all

peoplepower73posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Charles Reinhart:  Yes you are right about "Go Trump."  He needs to be gone. Do you even have a clue, how America is Greater everyday.  By the way, you should always capitalize proper names like Trump, America, and God.

1. Aime F profile image71
        Aime Fposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Probably a MAGA bot. Social media is crawling with them, I suppose it should be no different here.

5. James A Watkins profile image86
    James A Watkinsposted 6 years ago

Actually President Trump has not made a single false or misleading statement, unlike Obama, who famously said: "If you like your health care plan you can keep it and the costs will go down $2500 a year!" ROFLMAO

Trump will go down in history as the third greatest president ever, behind only George Washington and Ronald Reagan; while Ovomit will be the worst after Jimmy Carter.

James A Watkins:  That wasn't a lie. Obama was given the wrong information.  He didn't intentionally lie.  Your guy intentionally lies and intentionally creates deceptions..  There is a big difference... and please stop the name calling, just like your hero.

1. dianetrotter profile image62
        dianetrotterposted 6 years agoin reply to this

How can anyone defend this liar?

The 25 Worst Lies From Donald Trump’s First 200 Days
        https://www.vogue.com/article/donald-tr … s-200-days

1.  There are no Russians.  Nothing burger.
        2.  The crowd at my inauguration was the biggest EVER!
        3.  I never met Sater.
        4.  Obama is not a US citizen.
        5.  Obama bugged Trump Tower.

The man is devoid of character.  I'm glad he is going to get a check up 2 Walter Reed.  Maybe he can get a character transplant.

1. profile image0

I don't know how anyone can continue to defend him. His tweet threatening to nuke another country is under review by Twitter as a possible  violation of their policies.

"North Korean Leader Kim Jong Un just stated that the ‘Nuclear Button is on his desk at all times.’ Will someone from his depleted and food starved regime please inform him that I too have a Nuclear Button, but it is a much bigger & more powerful one than his, and my Button works!”

I stand by my opinion that he is not fit for office. He needs to be removed.

I am going to coin a new term. TDS was for Trump haters. Now OLS, for Obama worshippers.
            Obama Lovers Syndrome. It seems he can’t do no wrong. Even when he screwed up America and caused racial division and railed against our police... he is the golden child with the golden tongue.
            He raised our debt by doubling it to $20 trillion. No problem...
            He lied to get ACA passed ala Jonathan Gruber... intentionally. No problem...
            He destroyed our military and allowed ISIS to thrive creating over a million refugees from Syria... no problem...
            He golfed 800 times and spent more time on the golf course than all presidents combined... no problem...
            He released more criminals with his pardons than all past presidents combined... no problem...
            You guys are too much. Wake up and smell the coffee. Now is what America can do without the shackles placed on us by Obama.

I’ll bite on this one because it was the easiest to quickly fact check. Everything that came up, even the ones clearly made by people who dislike Obama, has it in the range of 300-340 times. Where are you getting “800 and more than all presidents combined” from?

Sorry it was a typo. I meant to say 300. It was still significantly higher than his predecessor gw bush.

So 300 times is more than all presidents combined? Or was that another “typo”?

No but Bush only played 24 rounds in his 8 years. He stopped playing after the Iraq war...

2. dianetrotter profile image62
              dianetrotterposted 6 years agoin reply to this

We are discussion Donald Trump Senior here.

6. peoplepower73 profile image88

PrettyPanther:  Ahh, thank you.  I thought that reply was a little out of character for you, but who knows.  You are like my wife, sometimes, I don't know when she is kidding.  Sorry about that.

1. profile image0

Sorry, I thought that reply was a lot out of character for me and would be recognized as sarcasm. I guess that's why my momma often told me to stop being sarcastic.

7. Valeant profile image87
    Valeantposted 6 years ago

I love when Trump supporters attempt to make a case using facts they get from their news sources.  It just shows how easily they are duped.  I'll tackle the pardons 'fact.'

Obama pardoned 212 people and commuted the sentences of a further 1,715 people for a grand total of 1,927.  Eisenhower (1,157) and Johnson (1,187) combined during their terms to pardon, commute or rescind the convictions of 2,344.  Someone help me with the math to figure out if that's more than all other past presidents.

Even if you're just talking pardons, Obama's 212 were on par with Bush Jr. (189) and far below Clinton (396) and Reagan (393) according to the department of justice stats.

1. profile image0

Thank you, Valeant and Aime, for correcting those "facts."

Obama commuted the sentences of a lot of nonviolent drug offenders, a move which I fully support.

They were not non violent drug offenders. As you all know, many of those people pleaded down their offenses. They were drug dealers and not just users. You can argue they are not violent crimes but those families had their child ruined by illegsl drugs beg to differ.

1. profile image0

I'm not inclined to accept your assertions as fact, given your track record.

My track record is good. It is the track record of the NYT and the Main Street Media that needs to be examined in retrospect with regard to Trump and Obama. The double standards is eye opening...

A reality check...

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13850622_f1024.jpg

2. jackclee lm profile image80

Here is stats from the whitehouse.gov
      https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/bl … ns-history

8. Valeant profile image87
    Valeantposted 6 years ago

If we're coining new terms, I'll put one out called Conservative Alternative Fact Spewers (CAFS).  These are people that read things from their news sources and begin to make delusional claims publicly based on the information that they are too lazy to fact-check themselves.

Yep. This is our world now. People can find a news source for anything they want to believe so that they never have to be wrong. You can show someone a hundred pieces of evidence supporting one thing and they’ll just find a way to dismiss the evidence or the sources.

I read a really good thread on twitter the other day about the people who believe in “pizzagate” and how they just come up with more theories to discredit facts that prove their original theories wrong. A whole pile of theories on top of theories on top of theories with literally nothing to support them other than the people who choose to believe them for absolutely no reason at all.

2. jackclee lm profile image80

I think I made my points here. Those who are consistent would have listed all those Obama lies while he was in office. Then you would have more credibility when voicing your opinion against Trump.
      All politicians lie, it comes with the territory. They tell people what they want to hear so they will get elected. They then do whatever the donors want them to do...

1. profile image0

Look it up, Jack. It's been documented.

Yes, all politicians lie. None can match Trump. Not even close.

2. Valeant profile image87
        Valeantposted 6 years agoin reply to this

The point you made is that your information sources are tainted.

So are you saying your news source is better than my? How do you judge? Our whole news media has been compromised beyong repair. It is anything goes. No fact check...no 2nd sources...all journalistic practices have gone out the window when it comes to Trump. No wonder they are less trusted than car salesman. Haha

I am reminded of the movie The Wizard of Oz...when the curtain was opened and everyone saw the wizard as a fraud. The media is a fraud and they have exposed themselves this past year with their TDS. I don’t think they can recover. I am not sure it should. We have the internet and many more news sources. No need for a gate keeper who is biased.

1. profile image0

You claim media bias, but can't or won't dispute the facts. Two of the facts you touted on this thread were easily disproven. Yet, you question our sources over yours.

2. Valeant profile image87
            Valeantposted 6 years agoin reply to this

For what I was discussing, I went to the Department of Justice page that tracks Clemency statistics.  You know, like real information.  I even told you where I got my information from.

Not sure where you heard your claim from, and I quote:  'He released more criminals with his pardons than all past presidents combined,' but you cannot even admit fault.  You just turned around and tried to attack the validity of my claim, and all media, even though my sources weren't news services at all.

1. MizBejabbers profile image87
              MizBejabbersposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Who cares? this thread is about Trump's lies, not Obama's pardons, or any other president's pardons for that matter. Everyone would be better off to ignore smokescreens?

3. jackclee lm profile image80

I will take that into consideration. We can compare notes and see who is right more times than not...

9. jackclee lm profile image80
    jackclee lmposted 6 years ago
  10. Live to Learn profile image61
    Live to Learnposted 6 years ago

Wow. A politician making claims that are false or misleading. How very odd.

11. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago

Rush Limbaugh! Ha! Like he's respected journalist. lol No wonder Jack is confused. tongue

12. IslandBites profile image89
    IslandBitesposted 6 years ago

Donald J. Trump
    "The Fake News Awards, those going to the most corrupt & biased of the Mainstream Media, will be presented to the losers on Wednesday, January 17th, rather than this coming Monday. The interest in, and importance of, these awards is far greater than anyone could have anticipated!"

So presidential...

Pathetic buffoon. SMH

Oh come on, he just wants to take his time and put some thought into it. It’s important. Not like threatening countries with nukes online.

1. GA Anderson profile image88

Now, now, Aimee. I think I have seen you reference this "nuclear button" thing before. So let me offer this, just as food for thought...

I don't know, and I have not looked into it, but... I am hearing that N. Korea is offering to come to the negotiating table - for the first time in two years. I understand it is supposed to just be about the coming S. Korean hosting of the Olympics, but, can this be viewed as progress? Can Pres. Trump legitimately claim any credit for this?

Hmm...

GA

Are you purposely spelling my name wrong every time you address me? lol It’s literally right there, man.

There’s a lot of conflicting information on what North Korea is prepared to do. I just skimmed over 4 different articles all written in the past 2 months that contradicted each other completely. So, I don’t know. But do I believe for a second that they’re going to cower because Trump talked about his giant nuke button on Twitter? Not a chance.

1. wilderness profile image95
            wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I've seen that (the name)...and never caught it was wrong.  Funny. big_smile

Cower?  No, NK will not cower.  But have they learned that they cannot continue to get what they want from us while ignoring everything we do?  Are they wanting something (end the sanctions?) and taking the route of negotiation? 

Or trying to get the sanctions lifted by working through a third party because we won't listen anymore?  I do have to say I kind of liked Trumps response, over the top as it was, to this crazy man and his regime.  It's long past time that we quit being a doormat to the world.  Walk softly and carry a big stick - well sometimes the walk has to be in a manner the listener understands.  You don't use the language of conciliation and quiet peace to a bully that expands his bullying almost daily.

Like, I know it’s not the conventional spelling but it’s attached to everything I post. lol

I guess I’m just not really a fan of the way that he presents these things, it always comes across as being off-the-cuff inflammatory and not actually something that he’s thought about in great detail. Maybe that isn’t the case but it makes him seem a bit volatile imo. I’m not opposed to taking a firm stance but I feel like it should be in a way that actually holds some substance, not “my nukes are bigger than yours!!!!” It’s like “my dad could beat up your dad” but with nuclear weapons.

While I agree 100% with you on what I'd like to actually hear were I in the fray over nukes, it isn't something that others even recognize, let alone want to hear.  Some people respond ONLY to obvious, real, threats; nothing else seems to penetrate.  They are, at the root, bullies.

2. peoplepower73 profile image88

Hello everybody:  I'm the O.P. on this forum.  I just want to offer some food for thought about Trump and company. I believe the country is divided on whether Trump is doing a good job or a bad job or what his mental state is.  I also believe that time will tell whether his accomplishments and his mental state thus far will bear fruit. Time will also tell how his deception, lies, and exaggerations play out on the world stage. Many in this forum have minimized the lies listed in the link I posted;  however, I don't think they should be taken lightly.  It says volumes about his character.  Although, to many others, his character is not important to them, it is his deeds that are of more importance.

He is like a football team that has just made a field goal and  started the 2nd quarter with 3 points on the board.  The other team's score is still zero.  When Trump attacks with his tweets, he is much like a cat chasing a shining object or light.  He can't help himself and loves to attack others.  I am also skeptical of the Fire and Fury book written by Michael Wolff.  Time will tell if it is accurate and truthful.

Trump's  accomplishments so far, as I understand them are as follows"

1. Judicial appointments, we now have a mainly conservative judiciary.

2.  Tax reform, the largest cut since 1986, cut corporate tax rate from 35% to 21%

3.  Repeals Individual Mandate - Leaves  many patients without health insurance

4. Cancelled or delayed 1,500 regulations. - Let's hope the cut regulations don't return us to the financial meltdown of 2008.

5.  Cuts government waste - except his trips to Mar-a-Logo

6.  Travel ban, prevents many countries from entering the U.S.  Saudi Arabia is not one of them.

7.  Defeating the Islamic State.  Is this temporary or permanent?

8.  Recognition of Jerusalem - This is a hot bed for Palestine and the Arabs.

9.  Withdraws from Paris Climate Agreement.  We may pay more for natural disasters because of Global Warming.

10.  Withdraws from TPP and NAFTA - We shall see what economic effect this has.

Time will only tell  how these 10 items are going to unfold.  We have three more quarters to go in this ball game.  I hope Trump and company don't screw it up.

Is this how we discuss events/actions?  To spin then as hard as possible in order to show they are either from demons or angels?

1) As we continue to get stupid decisions from very, very liberal circuit courts.  Right.

2) As we fail to mention that it brings corporate taxes into line with the rest of the world AND that there was a nice tax cut for middle class people. 

3) Leaves people without health insurance...should they now decide to do without.  Without the mandate the people are now responsible for their own choice rather than Uncle Sam declaring what is good for all.  As it requires adult decisions and there are only children in this country it must be a bad thing.

6)  Haven't a clue what Saudia Arabia has to do with it, except as a hopeful dig at our President without any indication as to why?  Was that it? 

7)  Who knows?  Are you insinuating that you have a crystal ball and it is only temporary?  That if temporary it is a bad thing?  Or that we ALL should have that ball?  What ARE you trying to say, except just another little dig without substance?

9)  We may, yes.  And we may not - to assume, insinuate or think that withdrawing from a political farce will cause natural disasters seems utterly ridiculous.

Bottom line seems to be that we mustn't acknowledge that anything good has come from Trump; that if it did we have to apply a little spin, tell only half the tale or in some other way denigrate every positive thing that has come from the White House this year.  All while expecting the gullible out there to swallow it whole.

Pretty good summary for first year of Trump.
                Lets get more of the same next 3 years...
                Trump is defying all odds and succeeding.

Well, I don't know.  I was told, in late 2016, to get my retirement account out of the stock market because there was a huge crash coming if he was elected.  I was told I was very lucky to be retired because the job market was going to die as it never had before.

It would seem that Trump is a total failure in his ability to produce these results; instead his actions are only leading to things good for the country.  He just doesn't seem to get it, does he?  lol

2. peoplepower73 profile image88

Wilderness, Nice to see you back again.  I think you missed the point of the entire post.  I didn't have to acknowledge his accomplishments, but I got tired of asking his supporters of his accomplishments. They would either come up with nothing or ask me about Obama's accomplishments. I did the research and posted them.  I don't have a crystal ball no more than anybody else has one.  That's why I stated several times, "time will tell and let's see how this unfolds."

Your comments and my replies below:

1) As we continue to get stupid decisions from very, very liberal circuit courts.  Right.

M:  What stupid decisions? What happened to the balance of power?

2) As we fail to mention that it brings corporate taxes into line with the rest of the world AND that there was a nice tax cut for middle class people. 

M: The average household would get a tax cut of $1,610 in 2018, a bump of about 2.2 percent in that average household's income, according to a report released Monday by the Tax Policy Center, a nonpartisan think tank that has been critical of the tax overhaul plan.

However, extremes make averages, and the benefits would be much larger for richer households. A household earning $1 million or more would get an average cut of $69,660, an income bump of 3.3 percent. Compare that with the a tax cut of $870, or 1.6 percent, for the average household earning $50,000 to $75,000.

3) Leaves people without health insurance...should they now decide to do without.  Without the mandate the people are now responsible for their own choice rather than Uncle Sam declaring what is good for all.  As it requires adult decisions and there are only children in this country it must be a bad thing.

M:  Before Obama care, people who could not afford insurance were going to the ERs and not only backing them up, but making me and you pay for them.

6)  Haven't a clue what Saudia Arabia has to do with it, except as a hopeful dig at our President without any indication as to why?  Was that it?

M:  Saudi Arabia is a strange bedfellow.  We sell arms to them, they in turn attack the Houthis in Yemen who are our allies and a part of the Kurdish nation that supports us against ISIS in Syria.  Don't forget, most of the 911 attackers were from Saudi Arabia.  They are Sunni who hate the Shia.  The Shia are Iran and Syria who we are trying to maintain peace and stability with.

7)  Who knows?  Are you insinuating that you have a crystal ball and it is only temporary?  That if temporary it is a bad thing?  Or that we ALL should have that ball?  What ARE you trying to say, except just another little dig without substance?

M:  The Arabs we fight in the Mid-east are like the tide, they may go away for a while, but they always come back.  Why do you think we have had troops in the Mid-east for over 10 years?

9)  We may, yes.  And we may not - to assume, insinuate or think that withdrawing from a political farce will cause natural disasters seems utterly ridiculous.

M:  You don't seem to understand, the worlds oceans are getting warmer because of the polar ice cap is melting.  This creates energy that creates super storms, and weather extremes.  There will be more natural disasters on the world's seaboards as the ocean rises and the storms become more intense. There will have to be a paradigm shift as infrastructure  is changed to deal with these extremes. There will be natural disasters that will have to be paid for.  Just follow the science and not the politics.  This administration has not even taken that into account.

Bottom line seems to be that we mustn't acknowledge that anything good has come from Trump; that if it did we have to apply a little spin, tell only half the tale or in some other way denigrate every positive thing that has come from the White House this year.  All while expecting the gullible out there to swallow it whole.

M:  I'm saying it is the start of the 2nd quarter in the game and Trump''s team has a 3 point lead.  Let's see how the game unfolds.  I'm willing to wait are you or do you want everybody to praise him even though he is just getting started playing the game?

1)  Aw, come on!  The decision that it is somehow racist, that we somehow owe a living to anyone, from anywhere, with any agenda, in our country.  Specifically that people wanting to enter the US from terrorist controlled countries that refuse to vet travelers have a right to enter because they are Muslim.  Or have a far-off relative already here.  Or ANY relative, for that matter.

2)  So what happened to the "rest of the story"?  Why was the other tax cuts not mentioned, and why was it not mentioned that American corporate taxes border on confiscatory when compared to the rest of the world?  Is such information not considered pertinent when discussing the cuts?  Do we pretend the entire thing has to be bad because we won't take as much of what the Big Bad Corporations own?

6)  So SA is our "friend" and in the distant past has produced terrorists.  This is a reason to question why we allow vetted travelers in from them?  I still don't get it.

7) Still don't understand why it was necessary to require a permanent solution in the middle east...knowing that they've been fighting for millenia.  It would seem to me that even a temporary, even a year, end to ISIS is useful, so why insinuate that if it isn't permanent it isn't valuable?  You can't give a solution in the middle east, I can't, Trump can't - no one but the people that live there can, and they aren't interested in doing so.

9)  Yes, the earth is warming.  And pulling out of the paris accords will cause additional warming?  I don't think so.  Do you?  Will declining to play the silly games there make the ice caps melt?  The oceans finally rise to the predictions?  Do you honestly believe that participating in a political game of "Let the United States foot the bill" will cause the planet to return to it's brief period of coolness?

I'd have to say that it's the start of the 2nd, but with a 20 point lead.  And yes, there are 3 quarters (and likely another game) to go...and that it is exceedingly foolish to pretend that the other 17 points on the scoreboard don't matter.  That they will disappear, that they are only imaginary and we can wish them away by pretending that the referees made a bad call when they gave the points to Trump.  That if we don't mention middle class tax cuts they didn't happen, that hurting ISIS isn't a good thing because it (likely) isn't permanent, that not playing political games designed to harm the US will cause massive global warming.

Trump is doing some good things for the country, from talking smack to the biggest bully on the planet, to returning control of parks to the states where they are, to refusing to pick which laws congress enacted that he will enforce (DACA), to making honest, useful efforts to protect us from terrorism, to trying to stop the invasion from the south (border wall).  Won't give him all (or more than a small percentage) of the credit, but the economy and stock market are almost astounding and jobs are increasing rapidly.  Illegal entry, although still far too high, is decreasing and so are the numbers of illegals in the country. 

You picked some of these to mention...along with snide remarks insinuating they don't matter.  It's time to give credit where credit is due and stop whining about everything that happens.  Doesn't mean to ignore the failures - the incessant, stupid tweets (although I DO like hearing from the President, just wish he'd put a reign on his mouth and report what he's actually doing), the massive egotistical claims of greatness, the instant willingness to respond to stupid criticism with more of the same.  But it IS time to recognize the successes, even the partial ones.  I have a problem with some of his actions myself, but that does not detract from what he's doing right.

Wilderness:  As I said before, time will tell. It is too soon to tell if his actions will be productive or not. We don't really know whether his tax reform will work, Trickle down economics has not worked in the past and I don't see why it should work now, but time will tell.  Unless the tax reform makes the budget revenue neutral, the budget will not be balanced.  He is already increasing the national debt by 1.6 trillion.  Unless his tax cuts can generate 1.6 trillion, they will not pay for themselves. 

As far as global warming goes, he should plan on budgeting tor the effects of it, because it is going to affect the economy. The polar ice caps are going to melt, whether he joins the alliance or not. Where did you get the information that we are going to fit the bill?  What bill are you talking about.? 

The oceans are continuing to rise, not to predictions, but to levels that when storm surges happen, they wipe out communities and infrastructure including businesses.  The Paris accord is looking for ways to protect the people and infrastructure against that.  Right now the eastern seaboard is shutdown because of the polar vortex created by the melting of the polar ice cap.  I feel sorry for you if you put politics above science. It's not about the cold snap on the east coast.  It's that is caused by global warming.  That is a hard sell for people like you who believe it is all a political farce.

Saudi Arabia is not on the list to be banned, they are not vetted.

So you think wars with no end game are a good thing?  How about if it lasts 100 years?  Funny, under Obama everybody wanted the wars to end.  Now that Trump is in office, they can go on forever and that is O.K.

You can call it whatever kind of score you want.  It'a all relative and just a metaphor, however, time will tell whether Trump's actions are for the greater good of the people or not.  For me, his actions have not made life better of worse.  The jury is still out.

3. GA Anderson profile image88

The name was a typo Aime, I try to be more subtle than that. And do I really get it wrong every time? I know I always want to end it with an "ie," but I try to correct it. Oh well. Guess you will just have to change it. ;-)

I don't think they will "cower" either, and like your conflicting articles - I don't know much about the "negotiations" issue either, but if it is true, is it also just coincidental? Rather than cowering, might they be doing it to spite Pres. Trump, like saying we won't talk to you but we will talk to them?

GA

13. peoplepower73 profile image88

Wilderness:  The 1.6T debt is only for taxes. I agree with you.  there is all kind of spending that Trump is going to do over his term(s) in office, including the wall, infrastructure, and defense.  Spending has rarely been adjusted to equal revenue, however taxes have been raised to help pay for spending..

One of the only times we have had a surplus was under Clinton and that was because of the dot com bubble.  When taxes are cut, revenue is cut.  We are back full circle to trickle down economics. 

Trump and company think that cutting taxes for corporations is going to cause the money to flow down to create jobs.  I believe the money will flow up to stock holders, unnumbered Swiss accounts, and off shore tax havens in the Cayman Islands.  I hope I'm wrong.  The jobs are outsourced because of cheaper labor, not because of higher taxes. Most big corporations are already paying almost nothing in taxes because of all the loopholes.

"Most big corporations are already paying almost nothing in taxes because of all the loopholes."

And there, coupled with ever increasing entitlement spending, is the major problem.  It isn't that the tax rate is too low; it is that we "pay" (via lower taxes, not a check) corporations and individuals to do what we want them to do.  Build a new store in a slum.  Hire this class or that.  Build a bigger house than is needed or can be paid for.  The list is endless of social engineering projects we "pay" for by giving tax breaks...and then whine that corporations pay no tax.

Although I very highly doubt that "most" big corporations pay almost no federal income tax.  That's but another gross exaggeration being swallowed because a few highly publicized corporations use those tax loopholes that we provide.  What is more confusing is the uproar over losing the individual loopholes (mortgage interest write-offs, write-offs for having a large family, for living in a high tax state, etc.) while still crying out that corporations have the same opportunities.  Strange, isn't it?  Or maybe just greedy.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)