Does satan influence dreams? if so, how can you tell the difference?

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (22 posts)
  1. aoiffe379 profile image61
    aoiffe379posted 14 years ago

Does satan influence dreams? if so, how can you tell the difference?

About two nights ago I had a number dream.It was not in sequence but when I rearranged them, only one number in the range was missing.That was 20. I have been a Christian for more than forty years soI do not play numbers.I gave it up along with alcohol, drugs,sinful pleasures etc. My daughter and Ii are in financial difficulties so I see it as a temptation,especially for her. However, some people often remark that God sends the need even if the devil brings it. My stance as a Christian is firm in spite of adversities and vicissitudes.Thus I ask, why did I have the dream and what is it saying ?

2. orangelibralady profile image58
    orangelibraladyposted 14 years ago

I think that dream time is the time for God and his legions to talk to us. We are at our most open at that time. Open for God. God created us and our dream state. I believe that it is our own private link to God and nothing evil can enter. I believe your next question will be  "What about nightmares?"
    God speaks to us in visions or images that we can understand. If being chased by a devil with horns is something you have been dreaming it simply states that you are scared of something that may be coming up or that has already happened. He uses the devil as an image of scary, simple as that

3. bonnebartron profile image68
    bonnebartronposted 13 years ago

Lol. Yes. Satan definitively influences dreams, and waking life and I'm sorry I can't even answer without laughing. What the hell? Are you serious? Don't worry about Satan influencing your dreams, worry about how your life is and how you can be a better human. Satan is hysterical, and half the time, blamed for whatever it is that bothers us as people. Seriously, don't worry about it.

4. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 13 years ago

When we are awake our mind and senses are flooded with input from all the things around us. We have control over our thoughts and what goes on in our heads is manipulated by what occurs around us.
    When we sleep those restraints and inputs are not there. The mind is free to do whatever it wants. Its kinda like takin the dog off the leash and man, it gets all excited and runs for a bit, jumps, etc.
    Our minds are not different, used to being restrained or controlled it now finds itself free to run and jump without us even cancelling or changing or dominating the canvas, therefore all sorts of things can occur when sleeping.
    People put too much emphasis on their dreams.
    God can influence dreams because gods spirit takes up residence in us, that's a biblical fact but satan cannot. People often forget that satan is a fallen angel ( i hate going through this. I don't believe in satan as a(n all powerful) fallen angel, the mere thought that god created angels with flaws upsets me, anyway)... a fallen angel. No angels have powers of their own so how is satan going to influence a dream? whisper in your ear? Thats kinda ridiculous. Satan is just an angel. He is not god. He likes music apparently, lol. and some think he travels at light speed! and spends all his time zooming around to whisper in peoples ears. Rubbish. It could be one of his other fallen angel buddies but forget that too for the same reasons as satan and common sense dictate.
    The sin nature is in us! The numbers in your head are just unbridled thoughts off the leash. I'm sure your past has something to do with it. Cells do retain memories.

5. profile image0
    Medkh9posted 13 years ago

i ve written an article about dreams , it might anwser some of your questions .

6. profile image52
    Decbaalposted 13 years ago

You had the dream because people dream. You are worrying about money and its showing the worry in your dreams

7. Claire Evans profile image61
    Claire Evansposted 13 years ago

Absolutely.  They are at its most obvious in the form of night terrors.  Many people who claim to have lived in haunted houses experience night terrors.

8. heavenbound5511 profile image65
    heavenbound5511posted 13 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4410190_f260.jpg

Yes satan can invade our dreams. God also gives dreams, but remember God isn't the author of confusion. Pray over it for understanding in Jesus name. Also pray over your sleep and pray that what God promised you, which is sweet sleep that you will have and bind up night terror ,witchcraft, divination in Jesus name.

My daughter used to get really bad nightmares and this is what I had to do and it went away. I also had to get everything out of my house that would open the door to it.

About your dream and the number 20 being missing.

The number 20 is represented in Hebrew by the letter caph, in form of opened hand, to seize and hold.

After looking at the biblical meanings of all the numbers from 1-20
    The only thing that clicked is that 20 means in form of open hand, seize and hold.
    This scripture came to mind> And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.
    And also Ephesians 6 about our armor and standing.

You see all these numbers in Hebrew represent something we don't want in our life, such as the things listed under the curses in Duet 28, and also the things we are supposed to have according to the blessings of God.
    Take a look>> http://www.christian-resources-today.co … mbers.html (it's not a bad site)
    So with 20 being missing, it makes me think that maybe you need to practice/ learn spiritual warfare, by praying, fasting, taking authority over the things that's happening that is against God's will for you in Jesus name.
    Repent & take back the territory the devil has gained and stand in faith, trusting and believing God and fight the good fight.
    One important line of defense is tithing- there's a promise on our tithe- The devour is rebuked for our sakes because we are tithers.

I have many pages on prayers of deliverance, warfare, authority and faith if your interested. Here's some of them>>
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Attacking-The-Enemy-Head-On
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Faith-Kisses-the-Mouth
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Faith-that-defeats-the-enemy
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Put-your-Armor- … ers-of-God
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Causing-The-Ene … nce-Prayer

I hope this helps:)
    God bless you!

9. safiq ali patel profile image67
    safiq ali patelposted 13 years ago

The spirit realm does speak to us in dream. And god, jesus, satan and many survive and live in the spirit realm. You are feeling tested at the moment. You say you are also experiencing difficulties. It may be that you have had a visit from satan who is trying to tell you he has played a part in causing the problems you have. But do not panik because satan only upsets people who have no time for him. Though he do his harm satan applauds. Chances are you are loyal to god and satan objects to this loyalty and harms you because you reject satan as the person you believe in and worship. Try saying to the lord protect me oh lord when satan is near. Do prayers, sing songs, be happy and try to let go of your worries. IF you do this it will upset satan but the light and grace of good will come in from creating happiness in your heart and home. Good luck. You are not alone with these experiences. May god be with you.

10. Toran Sheftick profile image61
    Toran Sheftickposted 13 years ago

your state lottery is only a dollar away!

11. WriterDJ profile image61
    WriterDJposted 13 years ago

Someone can lie to himself in the middle of awake, but is not the case when the middle of a dream.....

Like it or not, the dream remind you, so you want to see the truth. Sometimes the truth was screened with a very surprising manner, in order to be considered....

12. Portia Patrice profile image59
    Portia Patriceposted 13 years ago

I don't know if he influences dreams but I do know his little minions are right there whispering things that upset, or words that were said in anger, or responses to them, all night long.

13. NiaLee profile image60
    NiaLeeposted 12 years ago

I will say that fear, negative influences and relationships can make you have nightmares... look at the signs and realize that in everything, you need to get read of the fear. As soon as the fear is gone and you are at peace, you can understand why your mind is preoccupied by something and calm down.
    I understand you about the dream... I though always wander why the devil will give us dreams when angels and God gave dreams to others.
    You just have to decide what is right to do for you and not worry about spending time getting to find out where the dream came from. Because  deciding that Satan is after you could create more fear and doubt.
    Do what is right, stay at peace and pray for peace.

14. SPIRIT n TRUTH profile image62
    SPIRIT n TRUTHposted 12 years ago

Thank you for sharing this and seeking truth.

Yes, it is possible for satan, or demon spirits to influence to project dreams in our minds/hearts, or while we are awake, just as it is possible for God and His angels to do so, and just as it is possible for our own selves/souls to do so. These are the three possible sources of a dream: God, self, and demons. But as we walk with God Jesus, He has more room in us to give us prophetic dreams from and protect us from anything that's not of Him.

Typically dreams are metaphoric, specifically functionally metaphoric, meaning that the function of what you dream about is a metaphor for your life or something in your life. Example, I was given a dream where I found my glasses and put them back on, this was a picture of me gaining my vision back, and that is what has happened and what I have experienced, shortly after that dream happened (other examples are money can represent something that is treasure or currency, a bad guy/wolf or something can represent an enemy, wall can symbolized a barrier, a knee or elbow can be flexibility, a foot can be your walk/movement in life, etc.). Or, sometimes they can be literal. Example I dreamed I moved my clothes from a basement into a room at the top of the stairs, and that's exactly what happened like a month later, I moved from my friends/mentors' basement to a room at the top of the stairs in the house.

So, from what I understand about your dream, this is not from satan, but I believe confidently it's actually God. I don't see that it has anything to do with playing numbers, but rather just numbers themselves. So, looking at the dream, look at the function of the number twenty, it is ten doubled. it is a round number, it is not small or very big, etc. and it also appears in the Word of God many times. And the first time it appears in the New Covenant, which is a law of interpretation that says usually the first appearance of something shows it's function, is in John 2 when Jesus turns water into wine, where the water jars held twenty or thirty gallons. Oh! I just had a spark in interpreting your dream because of where it appears in John 2. This was a miracle of provision! Jesus supernaturally provided for the party/wedding/bride and groom, whereas they would've had to pay for more wine costing them time and money and embarrassment. So, I see God Jesus saying to you through this dream that He is your supernatural provider, and "the missing 20" is "the missing link of God's provision," reassuring His promise to you to be your provider and to meet all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4). For more in Chrst-ian dream interpretation see Mark Virkler's pdf at www.cwgministires.org > free resources > how to interpret your dreams. Grace and peace.

15. profile image0
    e-pen2dayposted 12 years ago

Pray more,pray before you go to sleep.This should help you.Sometimes your surroundings can influence much of this.

16. Doc Snow profile image89
    Doc Snowposted 12 years ago

Like many people, I sometimes watch television in the evenings, and, also like many people, when I do, the content may show up in my dreams.

So, probably, yes, Satan *does* influence those dreams...

17. Grace Whites profile image60
    Grace Whitesposted 11 years ago

I have also experienced those dreams like you and worst of all, it is so terrible that I could not imagine to dreamed of. I am too a Christian and believer of Jesus Christ. As a human being, we are not exempted of temptations while we are still alive. I can say that if we are experiencing those dreams, we need to motivate more our relationship to God. Remember the life of Job? As a Christian, we are being arrowed and target of Satan but we must stand firm for our Christianity because we believe in our God. Just believe and don't doubt. Just believe. Develop more your relationship to God through reading the Bible in day and night. Always remember Luke 10:19." Jesus said, I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and all the works of the enemy, no one will harm you." The bad dreams are not good and need not to worry about. Just rebuke it and stand firm in your faith to our God. Just read this Bible verse: ( Matthew 6:31-33), ( Luke 12:22-24), ( Matthew 6:34), ( Luke 12:25),  ( John 14:27). God bless you!

18. profile image49
    EUROCLYDONposted 11 years ago

Satan does influence dreams and can cause many phycological problems with people such as depression, hopelessness, anxiety, stress, suicidal thoughts, ect. People often open the door to him through spiritualism.  There are only three safe ways to obtain the knowledge of God's will without falling into spiritualism. One is the word of God. The holy spirit communicates God's will to us by bringing God's word to our remembrance. Two, the impressions of the holy spirit upon our minds. He will never impress us to do something that goes contrary to the plain will of God. Three, God's providential leading. If you consecrate your life to God in the morning and all your plans to be given up or fulfilled according to his will, he will mold your life in accordance with his will and when providence closes a door, you should not fight it but walk through the one he opens. For God to use dreams to communicate some message to people at this time is very unlikely. The danger to fall into spiritualism is so great for people who do that. They interpret every dream to be prophetic, thus they are virtually saying they are prophets. Nope. When satan gives you a dream, pray to God that he cast that demon away in the name of Jesus blood and you will be able to go back to sleep without any issues.

19. feliciaelaine88 profile image62
    feliciaelaine88posted 10 years ago

I believe alot of dreams can be influenced by satan just like god can give us revelation in a dream satan desires to have us in no way will he play fair he waits to catch us slipping or the moment were we hesitate or second guess because he has no power we do not give him why wouldnt he influence a dream and make u believe its god? The only way to be sure is to ask god for confirmation before u act on any dream. God bless you

20. lostohanababy profile image56
    lostohanababyposted 9 years ago

I have had a few 'bad' dreams but usually I wake up not remembering details that scared me during my sleep.   Sounds like SATAN or one of his daring Dominions was having fun with you!    God gives you the blessing of "Reasoning and Free will".  Whatever bad vibrations, images, or suggestive thoughts that come to me, that I recognize to be threatening to my peace of mind and my well-being.   I ask, Jesus to intervene.  You are surrounded by Angels, even though you can't see them.  And if you are willing to receive their help, they will help you by God and Jesus's authority.  Don't let Satan make you weak or have control in your life.  One Christian to another,  "You are a Child of God and you have a few powers of your own..  Just say'NO' to Satan.   Things will get better.   You are already know, Ask Jesus to be your Lord and Savior, and to protect you, your life, and your family!   God Bless you and May his presence be with you, asleep and when you are awake and in everything you do, and wherever you may be or go!

21. profile image50
    Norine Williamsposted 8 years ago

I "KNOW" God does!!!

After being "anointed" with the Holy Spirit ("born again;" John 3:5-7), I had a dream!  The wind was blowing pofusely and the sky was grey!  "Trees" (Mark 8:24) were aligned in a row (in my yard) and Something began to make them "pop" with a "domino effect," in the middle of their trunks!!!  They continued to "pop" but remained "rooted and grounded" in the earth!  The dream was quite "vivid" and so "frightening" that it awakened me!!! 

At the time, I didn't realize "what" it meant!  I began to inquire with "elderly Spiritual believers" (in JESUS) and was told "Trees" were the sign of "men" in Scripture (Mark 8:24)!

One day I was reading the Bible and found that my dream was actually in Scripture in the Book of Daniel, Chapter 4!!!

King Nebuchadnezzr got "beside himself" thinking he was above all (as MOST do today), but GOD!!!

Well, as MOST are given "TRUTH" in HIS WORD today, they continue to remain "rooted and grounded" in their "twisted belief(s)," but GOD (Daniel 4:24)!!!         

Therefore, if your dream can be verified "in Scripture," it is from GOD!!!

22. stas karimov profile image61
    stas karimovposted 7 years ago

I invented the formula of subjective happiness. What is it? Happiness must be within you! Every dream away from your happiness. Any dream is a thing which you do not own yet (now).

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)