What is the value of following Jesus Christ? What benefits that you get in foll

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (16 posts)
  1. Van Lal Hmangaih profile image70
    Van Lal Hmangaihposted 13 years ago

What is the value of following Jesus Christ?  What benefits that you get in following Him?

Is it worthy to follow Him with one's best potential? If so what would be the results of following Jesus?

2. carolapple profile image75
    carolappleposted 13 years ago

I follow Him because I believe He is God - the way, the truth, and the life. Even if there were no benefit to me I would want to believe what is true just because it is true. But as it turns out, there is lots of benefit to me – everlasting life is nothing to sneeze at...

3. profile image0
    mikeq107posted 13 years ago

Well if you follow Obama all you will get is taxed and frustrated..
    if you follow Bill Gates you might learn about microsoft..
    if you follow Donald trump, you`ll get fired..

.If you follow the media, you`ll get confused..
    if you follow the local Guru you might get pregant or commit sucide...

if you follow an irishman you will know where all the pubs are and what the leprachuns are doing.

.if you follow sports you can praise your local team with songs of love...

and finaly if you follow the way of the world you`ll end up lost.

.. But and there is alwalys a but..

if you follow Jesus he will take you to places you never dreamed you could go ...

he will give you answers to your hearts longing desire, he will set you on fire, ingnite your passions, give you new life...now thats a guy I can follow...
    Ok Thats my ten cents worth :0)))
    Mike :0)))))

4. japtaker profile image81
    japtakerposted 13 years ago

For me, the benefits of following Jesus include having some sense of peace in an otherwise uncaring universe, and a sense of meaning in an existence that seems to offer no meaning.

More and more for me, following Jesus is about renunciation, contentment, and appreciation of the best things in life (relationships, nature etc...). It's about living in the reality of death, which brings the continual realization that so many of the things we think are important and worry about are not that important, and thus, we should not be anxious. Furthermore, to the extent that we let go of attachment to things that don't really matter, we are freed to focus on what DOES matter: namely, our fellow human beings.

So to summarize the benefits: a sense of meaning, peace, contentment, and the joy that comes from focusing on the things that really matter in life.

5. Ken Crow profile image60
    Ken Crowposted 13 years ago

My wife's best friend has a son that had a brain tumor that was in fact malignant. Over a dozen neurosurgeons told the parents this little boy would pass away as it was an impossibility to kill this tumor off. This story was documented by an NBC affilitate in Iowa. The family started a blog and ended up with thousands of people praying to Jesus to save this boys life. That was last year and the boy just before Christmas was pronounced cancer free.

Thousands of people witnessed this modern miracle. Throughout the entire process which lasted nearly a year, we watched miracle after miracle performed for little Bradley.

When one accepts Jesus as their Lord and Savior, you obtain a Father in Heaven. I talk to the Lord just as I would a friend. And when I slow down, pray hard and open my heart, he does answer. Jesus is one of the most documented people to ever walk the earth. Bible aside, he is documented in many other religions as well, not to mention ancient Roman History as well. Thousands and thousands witnessed him perform miracles that no mere human can do.

I would submit that you ought to get on your knees and pray. Ask him if he is there. Ask him to come into your life and be quite. You will have a wonderful sensation pour through your body that you have never felt before. Then you will know he is real, then you will know he is who said he was. Stop looking at this from the Scientific standpoint and look at from a love and feeling standpoint. Then you will be filled with peace and a love you have never felt..May God Bless you and keep you.

6. cobrien profile image59
    cobrienposted 13 years ago

I am living below poverty level, yet when I pray and put my faith in God, somehow all my bills get paid and all my needs are met.

7. Eunice Stuhlhofer profile image60
    Eunice Stuhlhoferposted 13 years ago

Following Jesus answers the question, Why I am I here on earth?

He gives me purpose and that purpose is to live a life that values what He values. To forgive and love like He did and to be transformed into his character day by day til I see Him face to face.

Blessings.

8. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 13 years ago

Unbelievers of a God and of Jesus Christ as the "Son of God" believe in nothing but themselves and that when they die, they simply go into a hole in the ground or whatever other means like burial at sea or cremation, and that's the end of it all, they no longer exist.

Christians, followers of Jesus believe that through His death and resurrection that their sins are forgiven and that when they die, their spirit returns back to God in heaven and the will spiritually continue to live on.

I prefer the Christian way.

9. philirodje profile image61
    philirodjeposted 13 years ago

More than anything else, Jesus is the ultimate. there are more than thousands of benefits that one gets when he follows Jesus Christ. i cant start mentioning them all. but the most important one is the Salvation of my soul.

10. Born Again 05 profile image78
    Born Again 05posted 13 years ago

He is my reason for living! Without Christ there is absolutely no purpose in my life. Knowing Him fills me with compassion and love for those who are lost and don't know Him. If I gained the whole world but did not have Christ as my Savior, I would have nothing! If I lost all that I have but still had Christ, I would have all that I need. His grace is sufficient for me. He is truly my all in all!

11. martygoldengate profile image58
    martygoldengateposted 13 years ago

Hi Van.  I guess the benefits of following the teachings of Christ are that our lives will be guided by wisdom.  Even if a person weren't religious at all, the teachings of Christ could be expressed in ordinary expressions and other terms that we respect in our non-religious activities, such as good business practices, good study habits, and maintaining good relations with co-workers and neighbors.  Just about everyone would consider it unwise to act in an arrogant manner, for example, because we would become very unpopular and this would ruin chances of success in work and marriage, amongst other activities as well.  This is a teaching of Christ; it's called humility.  Beyond that, the New Testament gospels are full of intricate, subtle responses Christ gave to the most sophisticated people of his time.  Behind those responses was infinite wisdom.  The opposite of wisdom is foolishness and stupidity.  Now, isn't the choice pretty clear?  It really doesn't matter whether a person derives wisdom from religion or not; it comes down to the same principle in the end.  Sometimes I've been surprised to learn that a person I know is non-religious, because that person always seemed to be a perfect example of some one who lived by the finest religious principles.

12. pstmighty profile image61
    pstmightyposted 13 years ago

In addition to all else said by most of the beautiful saints here I follow Jesus because he is the only one that DIED, rose from the Dead and he is ALIVE again. He is the beginning and the end. The Alpha and the Omega. Such a being is worth following because he knows the end from the beginning. He knows my tomorrow even before i get there.

I follow Jesus because he gave me Eternal Life, the very life and nature of God Almighty and now am like him "DIVINE".
    I ceased to live the normal ordinary human life. The life and  nature that the first Adam had, now I have the nature of the last and second Adam! Failure proof, sickness proof, poverty proof. See what am talking about! I live in perpetual Joy!!!

I follow Jesus because he gave me the Holy Ghost, the sweetest person that ever lived, to come and live inside of me, oh! if anyone knew the power of this anywhere in the world they will follow him too.

If the world knew this they would follow him too!!!

http://this-gospel.blogspot.com

13. HOOWANTSTONO profile image61
    HOOWANTSTONOposted 13 years ago

Firstly you cant follow Jesus with your best potential, you have to cast your potential down. Then he will do the rest
    Mat 23:12     And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.
    Jam 4:10     Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

14. C-Bless profile image60
    C-Blessposted 13 years ago

When we doubt, we create fear within ourselves – and fear works in opposition to faith. Fear is perverted faith, or faith in reverse. When we fear, we become discouraged, and that discouragement leads to lack of confidence in God’s promises for us. But when you have full confidence in God’s promises and His ability to fulfill them, you are encouraged, fearless, and full of faith.

I follow the teaching o Christ Jesus because it restores my soul; I have a peace that some cannot comprehend ... and I am encouraged despite all the world's turmoils and tribulations.

15. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 12 years ago

First of all, you do not follow Jesus Christ to get things out of it.  That is a wrong and selfish view of it.  However, when you are saved, and not everyone is, the blessings and love of Christ are wonderful.  This does not mean that Christians do not have problems, we do.  The difference between saved and unsaved is that the Lord helps us through.  When you serve Him with your life, then, and only then have you found the true meaning of life.  I hope you are or will be saved before it is too late!

16. AnyaB profile image60
    AnyaBposted 7 years ago

Thank you for this question.
    As a follower of Christ Jesus, I find that my life has more meaning. Through God's Word, Jesus taught us beautiful principles that can have a very positive affect on us when applied in life.  When we live by principles many of life's decisions are already made for us.
    Another benefit is a wonderful hope for the future. He tells us himself at John 17:3 that taking in knowledge of him and his Father can lead to everlasting life.  This I look forward to, with keen expectation.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)