You have discovered a time machine which allows you to return to the past and wi

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 50 discussions (50 posts)
  1. Wayne Brown profile image81
    Wayne Brownposted 13 years ago

You have discovered a time machine which allows you to return to the past and witness any...

event...where in time would you go and why?

2. Seeker7 profile image82
    Seeker7posted 13 years ago

Hi,

I love ancient history. So I'd love to go back to ancient Scotland to find out about our ancestors - the Picts. So little is known about them, apart from their beautiful stone paintings and carvings. It would be great to meet them and solve some of the mysteries.

3. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 13 years ago

While I was a teenager when the Berlin Wall came down, I am American and was living in a small town in Northern Michigan.  I would like to have been in East Germany standing at the wall while it began to crumble.  To suddenly know that your world has expanded because you've been given the gift of freedom - I think there must have been emotions experienced that day by those people that few of us can actually imagine.

4. Supercellbaebe profile image61
    Supercellbaebeposted 13 years ago

I would want to see The Dinosaurs!  That would be seriously cool man!!!

5. mcrawford76 profile image89
    mcrawford76posted 13 years ago

June, 1938
    Why - The release of the first Action Comic featuring Superman
    Cost in 1938 - $0.10
    Approximate value today in mint condition: $1,390,000.
    Sorry to be the materialistic one of the bunch, but I think I would love to buy a whole lot of million dollar comic books for only a couple bucks.

6. poorconservative1 profile image61
    poorconservative1posted 13 years ago

I would love to go back and witness the founding of our country. Although I don't think that I would want to witness the revolutionary war. It was a bloody, frightening and horrific time to live in. No hospitals, no regular army, no emergency evacuation from hostile areas. That would suck.

7. Kwazzy profile image60
    Kwazzyposted 13 years ago

An argument, so I could go back and be like HA! I WAS right! tongue

8. profile image85
    SeedyKiwiposted 13 years ago

Id be on the grassy knoll, the day Kennedy was shot, wonder what I'd find behind the bushes

9. Tomygun profile image70
    Tomygunposted 13 years ago

To the beginning of the creation of the Universe, or the moment of the great bang. Why? Because I simply find no other event in our Universe which would be greater than this one. I would also love to see the first man. I would ask him a couple of questions, like: "why, on Earth, you had to eat that apple?"

10. Vinal profile image60
    Vinalposted 13 years ago

Go back to ancient Egypt to see if the Egyptions built the pyramids by themselves or if aliens helped them.

11. classicalgeek profile image82
    classicalgeekposted 13 years ago

The Middle Ages. There are so many suppositions about it that I'd love to be able to tell everyone the truth--especially about performing medieval music, an issue which has professionals in academic music journals so heated that they are often on the verge of calling each other names.

12. shogan profile image76
    shoganposted 13 years ago

I'd go back to the moment the time machine was invented.  I'd stop it from happening, just to see what would then happen to me.  I've always wanted to be inside a paradox.

13. LasanthaW profile image55
    LasanthaWposted 13 years ago

I will go back to the time when the man and woman were created and enquire in to what mistake the creator has done in creating woman so that every woman in this world (except very few) quarrels with mother-in-law.

14. chris eblana profile image61
    chris eblanaposted 13 years ago

walk with plato or leonardo da vinci....

15. GALAXY 59 profile image89
    GALAXY 59posted 13 years ago

I would go back to the day before my mother died unexpectedly and say all the things I wish I had and say sorry for all the things I said that I wish now I hadn't.

16. dingdondingdon profile image60
    dingdondingdonposted 13 years ago

My birth. And then I'd run in, kidnap myself and we'd go and join the circus as The Amazing Twins Who Are Different Ages.

17. iZeko profile image94
    iZekoposted 13 years ago

I’d go back in time and see all my family and what they did when they were kids. Another thing I’d do is buy a bunch of stocks in Microsoft, Apple and Google :-)

18. scriber57 profile image61
    scriber57posted 13 years ago

To the Garden of Eden and slap Eve before she makes the biggest mistake of all time!

19. The Farmers Wife profile image61
    The Farmers Wifeposted 13 years ago

I'm with Vinal - Back to the building of the Pyramids and see just how it was done.

20. profile image0
    blake4dposted 13 years ago

I would return again and again and again WB to this exact moment that I am answering you. To watch the look on your face over and over and over again as you read my response....

WTF did you ask something like that for. Go write something funny right now, or I will kick your horse in the crotch. Kapow!!!

21. fatfist profile image67
    fatfistposted 13 years ago

It would definitely be the Big Bang.

Seeing SPACE being created from non-SPACE is truly a wonderous event which would fill my heart with great joy!
    My eyes get teary just thinking about it.

22. zamboy321 profile image69
    zamboy321posted 13 years ago

I would go back to the time when the gun was not invented. I would bring one machine pistol with me with lots of ammo and scare the hell out of my enemies.

23. ericdavies profile image61
    ericdaviesposted 13 years ago

There are lots of wonderful things to visit, but any of them would appear quite ordinary. History, except for decisive moments (Like 9-11, for example), is quite boring. Its like war in the army: years of unbelievable boredom, interuppted by moments of sheer terror and abject fear!
    I think Egypt, the middle ages, Rome, etc, etc, would be very dangerous and very dirty!
    Plato, and Aristotle, and people like that would appear quite normal.
    Just look around! We are living in historic times, right now. The rise of chaos, the fall of democracy, the coming of the anti-christ. Happening now, folks!

24. theseus profile image71
    theseusposted 13 years ago

I'd chose to go back to the time of  Moises and see for myself the beauty and wonder of the Red Sea parting to let the Israelites pass and of course to witness the giving of the tablets of stone in Mt. Sinai. That would be quite a sight.

25. Kofantom profile image70
    Kofantomposted 13 years ago

I would go to the dinosaur area..Just watching all these animals would be great..

26. Dexter Yarbrough profile image70
    Dexter Yarbroughposted 13 years ago

I would go back to the beginning of time, at the point of man's creation, and inquire of God..."Are you sure?"

27. BenWritings profile image65
    BenWritingsposted 13 years ago

Approximately 9 months before November 26, 1987

The day I was conceived. To stop that atrocity from taking place! No, wait, that means I would witness my parents doing the nasty!!

Ugh!

Well, honestly, I can't give a true answer to that. There are so many mistakes I would like to "fix" but we all know fixing a mistake would only lead to another disaster.

28. TinaTango profile image68
    TinaTangoposted 13 years ago

I'd go back into the colonial era - not for any specific reason - I always found it interesting to learn about living in the late 1700's and early 1800's.

29. netslums profile image75
    netslumsposted 13 years ago

I would copy all 7 Harry Potter books word for word and go back in time and get them published with me as the author! MWAHAHAHA! Naw i would probably just go back to the time when my ex and i were together and happy and relive that time over and over again.

30. profile image0
    pravo13posted 13 years ago

June 6, 1944, 6am.  Omaha Beach.  I would say thanks to some oft-forgotten heroes.

31. TheSenior profile image60
    TheSeniorposted 13 years ago

I would love to go back to 1885 and be a witness to all the events and inventions that occured from 1885 to 1927.

In the 1880's was the coming together of unions and the telephone.  From 1885 thru 1900 was the advent of electricity and the automobile and sound recorded and the invention of motion pictures.

From 1895 thru 1905 the old west was transitining from wide open lawless spaces to a modern society.  From 1905 thru to 1927 were all the inventions of modern life and putting sound to film.  It was also the times that horses were being put back on the farm and it their place America was becoming more mobile.

By the time 1927 was finished most all of the things to be invented were and America was becoming a strong nation.

32. Keith Worth profile image58
    Keith Worthposted 13 years ago

The JFK assassination, just to see what really happened and see the "magic bullet" in action.

Or ten minutes into the past to verify that it was me and not some invisible alcoholic alien that finished my drink.

33. profile image52
    Slushyposted 13 years ago

I'd be at the point where my grandfather was still alive and play some music with him on his instruments :-)

34. sueroy333 profile image73
    sueroy333posted 13 years ago

Awesome question.
    I would want to be there three days after Jesus was killed. I'd want to know if they got the story right, it would answer a lot of questions for me!

35. r.almanda profile image58
    r.almandaposted 13 years ago

hy my name is rizky almanda...
    I was only 12 years old..
    im indonesian..

if I could, i  would go back to the time when the gun was not invented. I would bring one machine pistol with me with lots of ammo and scare the hell out of my enemies.
    There are lots of wonderful things to visit, but any of them would appear quite ordinary. History, except for decisive moments, is quite boring. Its like war in the army: years of unbelievable boredom, interuppted by moments of sheer terror and abject fear!

I think Egypt, the middle ages,Indonesia in the colonial area
    ,etc, etc, would be very dangerous

Plato, and Aristotle,phytagoras,Archimedes and people like that would appear quite normal.

Just look around! We are living in historic times, right now. The rise of chaos, the fall of democracy, and the war

36. Harlan Colt profile image80
    Harlan Coltposted 13 years ago

I would go back to the time of the American Revolution through the ratification of the Constitution. I would explain to our dear founders that in the future, all our judges, lawyers, and politicians would be as corrupt as hell and completely ignorant in understanding of their founding principles, and bankrupt of any social-moral propensity for the good of us all. That their lives and fortunes would be risked and pledged as a gluttonous serving of excess for usurpers of authority and power within in the public trust.

I would beg them to write out all intents and purposes literally in writing with heavy penalties for those self-serving elected and public servant-idiots who violate them. And to make it a law that those who violate their oath of office be immediately removed from office..

I would explain in detail the mental-disorder of liberalism that would seek self-destruction our highest seat of power.

37. barbergirl28 profile image83
    barbergirl28posted 13 years ago

I wanna go back and spend the last couple months with my Grandpa before he died. He was diagnosed with a Brain Tumor right after Christmas and because I lived in California and he lived in Wisconsin I was able to come back only one time and visit him before he died. The next time I saw him was for his funeral. I was really close to him when I was younger and I wish I could have been there before he left.

38. profile image32
    najiasalman1posted 13 years ago

Hopefully i will discover this machine after some years.

39. Kreation profile image66
    Kreationposted 13 years ago

I would go back 5 minutes from now so i could think of somthing better to say

40. TheSmurf profile image41
    TheSmurfposted 13 years ago

I would go back in time to see Jesus...I mean if he really existed, if he died and then ressurected...this way I would be sure if God really exists...

41. Lady Wordsmith profile image74
    Lady Wordsmithposted 13 years ago

I would like to go back in the history of my country and see what all those kings and queens looked like, what they talked like, what their personalities really were like.  I've got a bit of a fascination with Henry VIII.  Maybe they would appear quite ordinary - but ordinary is wonderful, I love ordinary.  Ordinary people are fascinating, and ordinary events are often the most interesting to watch - just people interacting with each other, living, loving, grieving, laughing, learning.  I'd want to look for similarities between people who lived centuries ago, and the people around me today.  And differences too.

42. onenewbrazil profile image61
    onenewbrazilposted 13 years ago

In 1500. Discovery of Brazil. I want know the white man.

43. profile image0
    Chasukposted 13 years ago

I would travel back in time to confirm --  or debunk -- the most significant supernatural claim in human history, i.e., the alleged resurrection of the founder of Christianity.

44. ConstantineNguyen profile image60
    ConstantineNguyenposted 13 years ago

I'll go to the future to find the cures for all the incurable diseases, and go back to 2 years ago to cure my mother, my grandmother and billions of other people who are suffering from sicknesses.

45. reliablesourse profile image41
    reliablesourseposted 13 years ago

I would go back to the months before my daughter died and tell her how much I love her and hold her just one time. I would take her place if I could. Then she could be here to raise her little boy who is 2 and a half now. She had cystic fibrosis. She died when he was 7 months old.

46. Jordan Riley profile image58
    Jordan Rileyposted 13 years ago

ahhh.....definitely the Kennedy assassination

47. CsSutter1 profile image58
    CsSutter1posted 13 years ago

I would like to go back to September 11,  2001, and see if I can try to stop all the lives that were lost in the worst terrorist attack in history.

48. n.pady profile image58
    n.padyposted 13 years ago

hey wayne,
    i truly would like to go back to the date my father-in-law met with an accident. i would have tried to avoid it. today, i miss him, though i have never had the chance of meeting him(he expired when my hubby was 5yrs old).

49. Uni_te profile image60
    Uni_teposted 13 years ago

I would go back to see what the big deal was with that Jesus guy.

50. Shahid Bukhari profile image60
    Shahid Bukhariposted 13 years ago

I am, in The Ordained ... so are you.

Time is a Transience ... where we always Exist ... Live, in the Present ... but when we look up ... or down  ... we can virtually see the past, vis a vis, the Present, and the Future ...

I Know ... Man, Is "the" Time Travelling Machine ... and I am happy to be, where I am.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)