Are good looks one of the best assets you can have in this life?

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (24 posts)
  1. keepitnatural profile image58
    keepitnaturalposted 13 years ago

Are good looks one of the best assets you can have in this life?

2. Thesource profile image67
    Thesourceposted 13 years ago

No ........................................................!

3. karengibsonroc profile image69
    karengibsonrocposted 13 years ago

one of the best assets a person can have is the desire to serve...the desire to inspire.

4. TinaTango profile image69
    TinaTangoposted 13 years ago

No, brains surpass looks far more times than others.

5. Elizabeth99 profile image60
    Elizabeth99posted 13 years ago

I think it is more important than people want to admit. Though I don't think it is the 'deciding factor', I think people are influenced very strongly by good looks.

6. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 13 years ago

Good looks may get one noticed but if that is all there, it doesn't take long for the good looks to lose their appeal.  I think the best thing is to teach our children not to judge by looks, then the rest of us will have a chance---:-)

7. xrocker30 profile image60
    xrocker30posted 13 years ago

Are they important to us? Yes. But are they most important? No way.  One of the most important things in this life is to never let go of your ability to love one another and dedicate yourself to helping your community and those around you.

8. Loveslove profile image60
    Lovesloveposted 13 years ago

Do you judge a book by its cover ?

Looks are only skin deep its the person within the body you need to look at not the outside

9. DanielCook profile image61
    DanielCookposted 13 years ago

Absolutely yes - an expansive literature has documented the benefits of facial attractiveness on a range of explicit measures - look into it.  It's sad but true.

http://www.unconsciouslab.nl/publicatio … veness.pdf

10. Chouji-Von-Lycan profile image60
    Chouji-Von-Lycanposted 13 years ago

good looks is by far one of the best assets you can have . . .  for first impressions, after that your looks needs to be backed up by a nice personality, other whys you won't get anywhere

there amount of times I've seen an attractive person, got to know them, and then I've gone off of them because of their attitude to life.

i think in the end, a nice personaly and a great sense of humour is the best asset, the only problem is it's harder to make that first impression

11. BobbiRant profile image60
    BobbiRantposted 13 years ago

If they are, then I feel sorry for that person thinking so.  Beauty fades, brains and wonderful personalities do not.

12. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 13 years ago

it depends on what you do . in too many cases people are judged by their looks so i guess in mainstream society, looks are the most important. look at the kardashian clan, they do nothing but look good and they are rediculously wealthy and successful because of it.

13. Claudin_Dayo profile image61
    Claudin_Dayoposted 13 years ago

there's no point of denying that we can first know that a person has good looks than a good brain smile
    but looks are deceitful.. . beauty is a gift from the Lord and is indeed a nice asset but the list doesn't just stop there, there had been a lot of things in our lives we should be thankful for and proud of

14. dianne143 profile image40
    dianne143posted 13 years ago

No. should be attitude and brains. If you got the looks, brains and attitude that is a very big plus.

15. saesha profile image61
    saeshaposted 13 years ago

good looks are an appetizer -  if there's nothing to back it up you are hungry for something more.

16. Pagelift profile image60
    Pageliftposted 13 years ago

One of the best, yes. But not the best. I'd consider intelligence/personality and physical health the top 2, with looks possibly in 3rd place.

17. Crissylite profile image75
    Crissyliteposted 13 years ago

In this society, one can have great looks that may take him/her places in life. However, having a great physical appearance accompanied with a bad attitude, horrible personality, disproportion of confidence, a lack of wisdom or judgment, or lack of empathy for others will eventually take a negative toll on a person's life experiences and/or self esteem. My answer to this question is, "No."

18. callumevans profile image60
    callumevansposted 13 years ago

They're certainly a valuable asset, and possibly the most valuable to some people at some stages of their lives. That said, I think the value of a person's assets changes depending on their age and situation etc.

19. philirodje profile image60
    philirodjeposted 13 years ago

No, good looks is a minor asset the best assets i can have in life is my attitude. my inner part should be more  beautiful .

20. CARIBQUEEN profile image63
    CARIBQUEENposted 13 years ago

Nah! It has so many assets that supersede beauty - there is inner beauty, there is your brain, wonderful personality etc. Good looks count to some extent though. Sometimes it seems to win in the end.

21. arb profile image77
    arbposted 13 years ago

Well, when I see all these 80 year old geezers marrying 25 year old cheer leaders it makes me wonder. Money, I guess has good looks, the cheerleaders have good looks and the old geezer has em both.

22. poorconservative1 profile image60
    poorconservative1posted 13 years ago

Are you kidding? Have you seen me? I can barely look in the mirror. lol

23. Dexter Yarbrough profile image70
    Dexter Yarbroughposted 13 years ago

Realistically, yes. Physical attractiveness is the first thing many people see. And unfortunately, many people do not live by  these wise words, "Don't judge a book by its cover." Therefore, good looks will continue to be most helpful to those that have it and flaunt it.

24. Mr.Moonlight profile image60
    Mr.Moonlightposted 13 years ago

In this order:

1. Money
    2. Looks
    3. More money

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)