Does Michelle Obama exemplify positive characteristics of a First Lady of the Un

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)
  1. Dexter Yarbrough profile image70
    Dexter Yarbroughposted 13 years ago

Does Michelle Obama exemplify positive characteristics of a First Lady of the United States?

Politics and personal ideology aside, do you think Michelle Obama has presented a good image and positive characteristics as First Lady of the United States?

2. nightwork4 profile image62
    nightwork4posted 13 years ago

she is definetly a classy lady. though i'm canadian i have respect for her as being the first black first lady in itself must be hard. add all the b.s. about where Mr. Oboma was born and all the other racial stuff, the pressures on her must be incredible.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 13 years ago

She's okay.  What I find difficult in their household and in most politician's household are the elaborate vacations they take where much of the expense falls into our laps.

In today's economy we are all struggling to make ends meet and keep our jobs.  I think it is in bad taste for them to fly off skiing or go to Spain.  Why not tighten their belts too and spend time at home doing things--like we have to?

4. onegoodwoman profile image69
    onegoodwomanposted 13 years ago

Yes, I do think Mrs. Obama is a positive role model.  It is to our discredit as Americans, that the spouse of a politician has more influence, grace, and decorum, than the politician does.

Never  underestimate the power of a woman..............she covers many short comings of a man.

It is also a shortcoming of American politics that we should be focused on such things.  It is no fault of Mrs. Obama.

5. LillyGrillzit profile image78
    LillyGrillzitposted 13 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4685698_f260.jpg

She is an awesome First Lady of the United States of America. I liked her before I liked President Obama. She has accomplished so much in her short time. Very intelligent and well educated, she has
    1). Changed the way Veteran's families are treated and viewed. She is an advocate for returning veterans and their families. She has given to them what none of the war mongers ever cared about.

2). Started "Get Moving", and partnered Chef's with Public Schools to bring nutritional awareness to children and families. She has also caused many schools to begin programs, teaching them to grow their own food.

I cannot believe how ignorant our Country has become. We finally have a First Family that shows how a husband should treat his wife and family, excellent role models. We have a nation of people so twisted by subliminal brainwashing, they cannot see one good thing this good President and Wife have done. For Shame, for shame.

This photo is from whitehouse.gov of our First Couple - There is Love. Those who cannot see that, are far removed from their hearts.

6. Torch Harrison profile image69
    Torch Harrisonposted 13 years ago

That depends.  She appears to be a cultured and talented lady.  I do like that she emphasises education and being at home with her children.  She's a sharp dresser, too.  But I think she spends far too lavishly as a First Lady.  We haven't had someone like that in the White House since Ronald Reagan's wife.  She also has a habit of making unfortunate comments which are picked up by the media.  She should refrain from giving an opinion on controversial subjects and allow her husband to deal with such issues.

7. JT Walters profile image70
    JT Waltersposted 12 years ago

I think Michele Obama has done a wonderful job as first lady and no ne can take that from her and she wasn't paid a dime to do it.  She has served this country with a greatd eal of dignity and honor and there is no partisan wrap about her.  Ms. Obama has been terrific.

8. DeborahNeyens profile image94
    DeborahNeyensposted 12 years ago

Yes.  She's a beautiful, smart, real woman.  I admire what she's done with respect to the Let's Move campaign against childhood obesity and raising awareness about the need for better nutrition.  I love the fact that she planted a garden at the White House.  It has to be very difficult raising two young girls under the circumstances, and both she and the President seem to be doing an excellent job there and very much involved in their girls' lives.

9. Patti Riggs Hale profile image61
    Patti Riggs Haleposted 12 years ago

Yes, I think both Michelle and Barack are very intelligent, caring people and I wish them nothing but the best.

10. missolive profile image60
    missoliveposted 12 years ago

Hi Dex!
    I believe she does. I feel for her though. The media and pop culture of today are not those that marveled at say Jackie O and others. (I think Jackie O. will continue to be the reigning Queen for a bit longer) Has TMZ stalked the White House yet?

I cannot even begin to imagine the stresses Michelle Obama endures, but she has handled it well. I love her platforms for family, health and nutrition. Yet, it saddens me to hear people scoff at the idea of her even having a platform. It's ridiculous.

oh oh - I feel a rant surfacing - I better just end my post here smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)