If you could change one thing about the world we live in today, what would that

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (25 posts)
  1. jlastevens profile image60
    jlastevensposted 13 years ago

If you could change one thing about the world we live in today, what would that be?

Would you want the world to have world peace, take care of the forest or would you just like the neighbor to turn down his music at night time? What would you personally like the world to have different than it is now?

2. badegg profile image80
    badeggposted 13 years ago

If I had that kiind of power...I think that I would just slow the world down. Technology is progressing way too fast, the governments are too quick to go to war, the economy needs to be brought to a crawl so we can fix it. We just all need to slow down and regroup together, the world as a whole, a unified effort.

3. mtariqsattar profile image78
    mtariqsattarposted 13 years ago

I would love the world to have primitive societies of the past; wherein human nature was innocent, pure and genuine. Whereby material needs didn’t dictate nature of human relations.

I would like the world to have purged politics- the politics which is meant to serve the humans and is for their benefits and not for the acquisition of the power and money.

I would like the people of the world to be more understanding and tolerant of each others' views and beliefs.So as to have the world of humble and noble people.

4. ChristineVianello profile image61
    ChristineVianelloposted 13 years ago

No hunger in the world, it is so upsetting seeing little children in Africa so malnurised that their stomachs bulge out.

5. Zubair Ahmed profile image73
    Zubair Ahmedposted 13 years ago

The domination of the wealthy elite of the worlds resources and power.  I would prefer to share the worlds resources and power with everyone rather than create a world where one person eats and spends more than they can handle while another person starves due to lack of food.

6. Chouji-Von-Lycan profile image59
    Chouji-Von-Lycanposted 13 years ago

i would like to chance it so that not everything was about money, i think that would simplify things a little

7. Mayaanjali profile image69
    Mayaanjaliposted 13 years ago

Increase the levels of sensitivity towards people and public property.

8. LadyWriter profile image70
    LadyWriterposted 13 years ago

I'd like to see universal good manners and courtesy in daily life and for everyone to have respect and consideration for others.

9. Jarn profile image60
    Jarnposted 13 years ago

The eradication of all illness and disability on the planet. If a person is healthy, they can find a way to survive.

10. theseus profile image70
    theseusposted 13 years ago

If I could change anything in this world, I would like to change the indifference that people seem to have against nature, the society and his fellowmen in general.Because of this negative behavior, we do not care anymore to what is happening around us.

If I could change indifference to care and love, this world would be a better place.

11. profile image0
    sinisa_sinaposted 13 years ago

It would be, food and water to all people on the earth. We can choose what we would eat, and drink, but there's people on this time wile I'm writing this who are dieing because they don't have water of any kind to drink, nor food to eat.

12. profile image0
    Dandraposted 13 years ago

Remove processed foods from supermarkets.                                       .

13. capncrunch profile image76
    capncrunchposted 13 years ago

I would change our vocabulary and remove words like hate and lie.  If those words did not exist how would they be known?

14. profile image54
    skincareharvestposted 13 years ago

Remove humanity because of their selfishness and radical behavior that can not be contained for a unified better purpose. The innocent, earth and animals have suffered long enough.

15. ddkrharris profile image61
    ddkrharrisposted 13 years ago

I can't get rid of the crime we have on earth. If I could I would. There is someone that can, the one and only "True God."

16. livingsimply profile image60
    livingsimplyposted 13 years ago

I would get rid of poverty to give everyone the chance to survive and flourish - we all deserve that.

17. cat on a soapbox profile image95
    cat on a soapboxposted 13 years ago

I would like to see a world in which each of us would be more generous in  terms of finding time for one another, showing genuine tolerance, and sharing the good fortune we have without the government having to mandate it.

18. ThunderKeys profile image64
    ThunderKeysposted 13 years ago

Manditory behavioral parent training for new and expectant parents.....

19. Wendy S. Wilmoth profile image66
    Wendy S. Wilmothposted 13 years ago

I would remove authoritarian governments that crush freedom, free markets, and equal opportunity and I would expose everyone to enlightenment values.

20. profile image52
    AnnMarie417posted 13 years ago

I don't really like answering such questions without a clear answer, or a solution. However, what bothers me most about our world today is the amount of money spent for entertainment, earned by stars and athletes, and the little bit of money spent to help those in need. The salaries of people that are helping around the world (many being volunteers), nurses, teachers, police, firefighters, EMTs, in comparison to stars and atheletes. Understandable, there are many that share their wealth, however, I bet many of them are for tax deductions and publicity.

21. literal profile image71
    literalposted 13 years ago

Greetings
    A dream for me is for all nations to collectively co-operate, under the direction of the United Nations, to heal the earth.

22. dearabbysmom profile image71
    dearabbysmomposted 13 years ago

That each person born in this world would have the opportunity and means to fulfill their unlimited potential.

23. gravitybomb87 profile image57
    gravitybomb87posted 13 years ago

I would keep Apple from releasing updated versions of products every year so I wouldn't feel so obsolete.

But in all seriousness, I would double the amount that K-12 teachers are paid.  I'm not a teacher myself, but I was an education major in college for two years, and I know how frustrating it can be for teachers.  The most important job in the world is also the most underpaid job.

24. someonewhoknows profile image72
    someonewhoknowsposted 13 years ago

Helping those who cannot help themselves.

25. PR Morgan profile image61
    PR Morganposted 13 years ago

I would like to see an end to poverty.  Everyone should be able to stay healthy, get an education, and have healthy food to eat and clean water to drink...I think most of our other problems might go away if poverty was wiped out.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)