Is love enough?

Jump to Last Post 1-38 of 38 discussions (38 posts)
  1. cjcarter profile image72
    cjcarterposted 13 years ago

Is love enough?

2. Terry.Hirneisen profile image68
    Terry.Hirneisenposted 13 years ago

Well it is not enough but it sure is in first place.  Without it life is pretty meaningless. I speak of love for anything.  Your dog, your cat, your lover, your job.

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 13 years ago

It seems like love would be enough but if two people are deeply in love and they struggle constantly to survive and make it today's world--love can die.  I think it takes more than love such as a commitment to see things through regardless how tough it gets.

4. mikielikie profile image61
    mikielikieposted 13 years ago

In this economy?......We might be able to scrape by.! lol. But yeah... love is kinda awesome. Either way you see it, you love to hate the ones in love or you're being hated on by the ladder. love, love, love is awesome!!! I just love being able to do this....xoxoxoxoxox. its just so much better when you're in love.

5. akuigla profile image61
    akuiglaposted 13 years ago

No.
    You need money..................................................

6. profile image0
    lmorrow89posted 13 years ago

No, love is not enough, in a relationship, you have to have trust. Trust is something you can start with and learn to love someone, but you can not do it the other way around.

7. titobay profile image67
    titobayposted 13 years ago

NO! Love is the foundation but the totality of what makes love real come to play. Love is cool when you are still dating but with the reality of marriage, you'd realize that the total package of trust, understanding, mutual respect, tolerance, money and essentially communication makes love beautiful.

8. darrylcrawford profile image66
    darrylcrawfordposted 13 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/2949403_f260.jpg

Love is the foundation for everything else to work with lasting success. We also need trust, commitment, fellowship, honor, respect, wisdom, faith, vision, clarity, drive, money etc., etc., etc.

But looking at it from a heavenly view, GOD who is LOVE, yes LOVE is enough when you look at it from that way and not in any other way.

9. devonna31 profile image61
    devonna31posted 13 years ago

Yes, Love is enough, when the person being asked is the same kick with you. Love is not enough when it's not what the other person wants, unfortunately. Thats when you have decide is the love affair worth my pride and my feelings being hurt in the end. Don't love anyone more than you love yourself!!

10. Blogger Sumon profile image58
    Blogger Sumonposted 13 years ago

I think love is a thing which has no end.....
    You need trust with love in a relationship.

11. ravenlt04 profile image60
    ravenlt04posted 13 years ago

I am unsure about this one.  sad  My husband and I love each other so much, but have not had a healthy relationship in years since our infedility issues.  We argue over dumb things and/or bring up unrelated major issues.  Love is not the only glue that is necessary.

12. tsmog profile image86
    tsmogposted 13 years ago

Yes, it is enough, for "now", but my mind may be in the land of yesterday, my heart in the meadow of tomorrow then it gets all confused and cluttered - for me.

13. coutneyk profile image66
    coutneykposted 13 years ago

I think unconditional love is enough.  Anything good can be built off that.  It's just a starting point to any endeavour though.

14. Fez360 profile image58
    Fez360posted 13 years ago

I dont know how to answer this...because i dont know if love is enough or if love is too little....hmmm good question hun. smile

15. bloggermasud profile image41
    bloggermasudposted 13 years ago

I've been alone with you inside my mind
    And in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times
    I sometimes see you pass outside my door
    Hello, is it me you're looking for?

I can see it in your eyes
    I can see it in your smile
    You're all I've ever wanted, (and) my arms are open wide
    'Cause you know just what to say
    And you know just what to do
    And I want to tell you so much, I love you ...

16. TheSloneGal profile image60
    TheSloneGalposted 13 years ago

Love to most is never enough because they dont understand it and abuse it but there are those where love is enough It is for me

17. emmhol profile image60
    emmholposted 13 years ago

Love is a very vague word that is used in many different ways.  it would depend on what your definition of love is.

18. elmmasri profile image56
    elmmasriposted 13 years ago

in my opinion ...never , There are more important things like mercy

19. IGiveInformation profile image64
    IGiveInformationposted 13 years ago

One word sums it yup - economy. In the world that we live in right now, love is the foundation but if you want to have a happy ever after then it's not enough.

20. Felynx profile image61
    Felynxposted 13 years ago

Its enough to keep me happy. Its enough to keep my wife happy too ;]

21. profile image0
    Jussara Scottonposted 13 years ago

It's a good start, but over time, love alone is not enough. It takes much more to coexist with someone else. Complicity, admiration and a lot of respect for each other, are important factors that complement love.

22. Kris Z profile image61
    Kris Zposted 13 years ago

If it's mutual. Loving someone who doesn't and most likely won't love you back is a waste of your time. If you are in an abusive relationship, love is definitely not enough.

23. profile image49
    Von Haul Richyposted 13 years ago

love is enough and more enjoyably in the side of God's gift. But at the side of we (human being) have no more love since most the men and women are tending to lie on each other above themselves. So, love is not enough.

24. angie ashbourne profile image60
    angie ashbourneposted 13 years ago

Listen to the song Bed of Roses by Bon Jovi.

25. lykah15 profile image59
    lykah15posted 13 years ago

Love is always acqainted by commitment. Always.

26. sameeksha kalkarn profile image58
    sameeksha kalkarnposted 13 years ago

no......
    absolutely no.....

romance is the next step of love....

and the last step is sex

27. shabbirkhi profile image62
    shabbirkhiposted 13 years ago

Love is enough but not for all it depends on your feelings mentality and nature love is not enough for every people

28. Faceless39 profile image92
    Faceless39posted 13 years ago

Love is definitely not enough in a relationship.  You need dignity, respect, security, support, trustworthiness.. the list goes on.  Love's not enough in itself.

29. dudumodu profile image61
    dudumoduposted 13 years ago

Love is not enough  but it is so essential that nothing else can be of real value if love is not in it.

30. profile image53
    buzz190posted 13 years ago

no love is not enough cuz if u fall in love someone will brake ur heart

31. spotlight19 profile image46
    spotlight19posted 13 years ago

Love is the foundation of life and everything in between it it is what keeps us going in order to do our best and suceed if love did not exist we would not have hope, faith and self esteem within ourselves it is our medicine which is described in many different ways.

32. webvidaonline profile image59
    webvidaonlineposted 13 years ago

No no no, and hell no. Love turns to hatred if the rest of the factors, such as quality of living and having things in common, are not in line. Someone who "loves you" could eventually not "like you."

33. profile image0
    lovazaposted 13 years ago

As a part of a song , "love makes the world go 'round,"  which can hold true, but in today's economy, money, food and shelter is important and then the love would make a great life.... I think...it depends upon peoples' circumstances.

34. BritaniaD profile image59
    BritaniaDposted 13 years ago

No...respect, honesty, support in addition to many other attributes and feelings NEED to be there too.

35. jpcmc profile image90
    jpcmcposted 13 years ago

Love is not a currency that will pay for your bills.  However, it comes in handy to keep your head straight so you can earn and provide for your needs.  It's kept me sane so far.

36. StayPos profile image76
    StayPosposted 13 years ago

I content that real and true love is more than enough!  Now, let me be a bit more specific - the LOVE I speak of is not based out of sexuality or brotherly affinity.

It is however based out of something called Agape ( which is a Greek rendering ) and it's the kind of expression that God gave when He so LOVED the world.  The reference is John 3:16.

This type of love that we recieve through Christ Jesus and then show toward others is quite different than what is typically referred to as LOVE.

I would agree that outside of this expression many other things such as trust, respect, understanding, and the williness to provide materially etc. are necessary. Agape covers all of those and much more. 

I recognize many may disagree with this premise, nevertheless it is another perspective on whether LOVE is enough :-)

37. Aneel Rathi profile image60
    Aneel Rathiposted 13 years ago

.....................Love is life, No enough................

38. dmvjane profile image59
    dmvjaneposted 11 years ago

Nop! Common values is essential if you want the relationship to last long. That feeling of "high" during the early stages of any relationship will die. And when that happens, having a conflicting values in life can lead to divorce.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)