Do you consider yourself to be a funny person?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)
  1. CWanamaker profile image95
    CWanamakerposted 12 years ago

Do you consider yourself to be a funny person?

2. mcrawford76 profile image89
    mcrawford76posted 12 years ago

The short answer would be yes.

The long answer would be that I exude a sarcasm that many people find humorous. I find humor in life, in people, in the triviality of meaningless social interactions. I find hilarity in the pointless gestures, and relationships with those we have no intention of relating with.

So to sum up, the answer is still yes.

3. Mikeydoes profile image42
    Mikeydoesposted 12 years ago

I make myself laugh all the time. I like to make jokes and have fun as well. I'm funny more often than I am not.

4. nancyme profile image60
    nancymeposted 12 years ago

Maybe. I dunno but my friends think I am funny. Maybe they are right. smile

5. sophia jia profile image57
    sophia jiaposted 12 years ago

I think I am. In fact, everyone will have his own ways to express humour. Someone is funny in front of friends, but is wordless to strangers. Thus, he cannot show his funny ability. Try to make mood positive and free, everything will be ok.

6. mobias profile image71
    mobiasposted 12 years ago

yes

7. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

I don't think of myself as a funny person, but I can make people laugh fairly easily.  So can the people I'm around (my family and friends), so a whole lot of laughing goes on between any combination of us. (And I really like that we have that.)  (I think a couple of others I'm close to are funnier than I am, though - but, hey, I've never said I wanted a career in comedy.  Getting the people I care about most laughing  is enough for me.  smile

8. Billy Donahue profile image69
    Billy Donahueposted 12 years ago

Yes, I seem to crack myself up all the time. Some people don't get my style of humor or are offended by my sarcasm but the people that get me, get me! Most of the time I am just trying to humor myself which seems to come naturally. It does make it tough at my job because sometimes I cross the line, but so far I still have my job!

9. nabeelplus profile image61
    nabeelplusposted 12 years ago

yes i am and people really enjoy spending time with me

10. aravindb1982 profile image77
    aravindb1982posted 12 years ago

Any truly funny person does not 'consider' himself/herself as funny. He/she is convinced about their funniness!
    Its like if you cannot enjoy your own joke, very little chance that others will. If you do not find yourself funny, chances are others don't too. Its almost like if you do not love yourself, why ill others.

And so, the answer is that yes, I consider myself funny

11. whoisbid profile image62
    whoisbidposted 12 years ago

I once knew some brothers who were called Funny Yo and Sunny Yo!  I know that is totally irrelevant but didn't you find that funny? LOL!

12. Cutters profile image60
    Cuttersposted 12 years ago

Me funny no I don't think so. people think I am odd and a freak but funny not a chance. I try to be funny and it turns out it was not and I end up like a fool so I do not try to be funny and I just be the freak that I am.

13. kenhubs profile image60
    kenhubsposted 12 years ago

No, I don't. Although, I'm a bit sarcastic at times.

14. Admiral_Joraxx profile image67
    Admiral_Joraxxposted 12 years ago

Yeah! I am a funny person, though I just don't know why I can't crack sanity defying jokes in English as I always do in our own native language. It makes me wonder maybe language affects our being humorous and not at times.

15. Rehana Stormme profile image70
    Rehana Stormmeposted 12 years ago

I love making my friends laugh. I'm usually quite reserved around strangers but when with my friends, we're always laughing and having a blast!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)