Do you think racism will ever completely die out?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Jade89 profile image79
    Jade89posted 12 years ago

Do you think racism will ever completely die out?

2. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 12 years ago

never. it is part of human nature and i hate to say it but it will be with us for good. it sucks but some people need a reason to hate.

3. Doc Snow profile image87
    Doc Snowposted 12 years ago

Probably not--lazy thinking being part of the human condition, and racial differences being visually obvious.  (Also, a tendency to distrust 'outsiders' of all sorts may have a biological basis.)

But I'm hopeful that in the future racism will be more and more marginal, purely the vice of obvious cranks and wingnuts.

4. platinumOwl4 profile image72
    platinumOwl4posted 12 years ago

No, not as long as people choose to believe blatantly false concepts. This group is smarter due to skin pigmentation or this group has fail to make any progress in education or employment without giving the entire picture.

5. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 12 years ago

Only when people begin to see people as people regardless of colour, or background. One thing I have noticed though is that people who are (Non-Caucasian) see things as racial fare more than (Caucasians) do. Personally I could care less if you are black, yellow, red, white, striped or polkadotted, so long as you love God and are friendly.

6. DRG Da Real Grinc profile image66
    DRG Da Real Grincposted 12 years ago

Never. Racism is almost like tradition in some cases. Many 3rd-4th generation kids are breaking that barrier, so it seems but when they get around their race they go back to degrading others. There's too much fuel to stop the fire of racism. The day we'll see it is when all animals treat each other equal. So in other words, nope.

7. Rosie2010 profile image67
    Rosie2010posted 12 years ago

I hope so.  But in all honesty, I don't believe racism will ever  completely die out.  But then again, we've come a long way since Rosa Parks.  We can always hope and dream...

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

- Martin Luther King, Jr. "I Have a Dream" delivered 28 August 1963, at the Lincoln Memorial, Washington D.C.

8. scauthor1969 profile image61
    scauthor1969posted 12 years ago

I do not thnik that it will ever end. Humans are very tribal, we tend to see people like us as good and those who are not like them as bad. This could be due to differences in religion, income, race, ethnic background, caste, religion, etc.

I think we have made great progress over the years in lessening the level of racism. However, I do not think it will ever go away.

9. Seeker7 profile image80
    Seeker7posted 12 years ago

I would hope that some time in the future yes it would. But at the present time, I'm afraid there are just too many ignorant and evil people around for that to happen. But we can always live and hope that someday we will all learn to love and respect people for who they are.

10. NorthEast Timber profile image61
    NorthEast Timberposted 12 years ago

It has been around since the beginning of time.  Remember Moses was born a slave.  Look at Hitler he tried to exterminate an entire race.  I honestly don't believe any one can say they are not prejudice against something.  Racism is just a form of prejudice, and it happens on all sides.  I go to a store where mostly black people shop, and and have been shoved and told " go home whitey",  and beleiver me I was not looking for trouble,  I have just as much right to shop where I want as anyone does.  Ending racism begins and ends with the individual, not with a certain race.  We all have a part to play.    Look how long it took women to get the right to vote.  And even now there are women who aren't allowed to drive, go to school, speak without being spoken to, or defend themselves against beatings and such.  Racism here ( America)  can be bad, but at least we have the right to speak against it.i

11. lovelife08 profile image61
    lovelife08posted 12 years ago

I think it could, if people would accept each other's differences.  Or if Jesus waits that long to come back and take us home.

12. Billrrrr profile image85
    Billrrrrposted 12 years ago

Racism is dying a slow death.

Ask people of  my generation (born in the 1940s) about 'segregation', 'lynchings', 'Irish Need Not Apply', 'No Wops or greaseballs allowed.' 

Thankfully the blatant racisim which was legal and tolerated has already expired.  We have made great progress on the problem as a whole, but you can always focus in on some really bad problems that still remain.

13. puddingicecream profile image69
    puddingicecreamposted 12 years ago

It'll take a while before that happens. People love classifying other people.

14. Taylor P. J. profile image60
    Taylor P. J.posted 12 years ago

I just graduated from college a month ago. During my 4 years I honestly never witnessed any acts of racism toward any racial group (I’’m white). And particularly white on black , not one incident. If I had a dollar for every time I even heard the “n” word during those 4 years, I don’t think it would be enough to buy a BigMac. So I guess I agree with the leretseh dude - whose comment is hidden. I ‘m looking for work right now and willing to go anywhere reasonable …but I know exactly where I can’t go - because of my race - to search for a job. I wonder if THAT will ever change?

As for "retired" Bill in his ALL white community in Cape cod, sending his kid to an all white private girl’s school, well, bully for you dude. My generation has to go out into the REAL world and try to make it. For you, it's easy to put a smile on your face. Livin’ large. Livin’ GOOD. Try moving to an urban area. Experience REAL diversity. Sorry if I'm sound disrespectful but saying something and living it are two different things. For multiculturalism to actually work, all peoples have to be active participants. One people can't always get a pass on their behavior.

15. krisingreen profile image61
    krisingreenposted 12 years ago

I would like to think it will but it will probably not die down as we hope it would. A lot of people are narrow-minded that they always believe they are better than others not only when it comes to race but in all aspect as well.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)