How can you know if someone truly loves you?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (17 posts)
  1. homesteadbound profile image82
    homesteadboundposted 12 years ago

How can you know if someone truly loves you?

What are the signs to look for - both for and against this scenario?

2. luckykarma profile image60
    luckykarmaposted 12 years ago

That's a tricky one!! My answer is 'you don't!'

If someone puts you before everything else that's a good sign!....if he says he loves you do his 'actions' match up with his words?

They say "If you let something go and it comes back to you it was yours, if it doesn't it never was"

I have come to the conclusion that you never really know anyone, no matter how long you live with them, there is a part of all of us that we keep to ourselves and we can't give it away.

I hope you trust your instincts and your understanding of this person to answer your question, that's if you are asking the question for yourself, and not just something to write about here in the Hub.

3. Deborah Brooks profile image61
    Deborah Brooksposted 12 years ago

well sometimes when you think they do then next thing you know they are gone out the door.. that is a hard question to answer. I wish i knew I guess you have to trust.. and just love ..

4. edhan profile image37
    edhanposted 12 years ago

To me, it will be signs of body language. People can hide with the words but the gesture of body language is not easily hide as there will be signs if the person is trying to lie about something.

Look out and observe a person's behavior as you will notice when he/she is not telling the truth. Look into the eyes of a person when he/she says the 3 words - I love you as you will likely to see the eyes dilated. So far in that situation, you will be able to see the dilation of the eyes when a person is telling you about loving you.

5. onegoodwoman profile image69
    onegoodwomanposted 12 years ago

You can look around and see what this person, contributes for you alone........

perhaps, you like flowers, and your other half, builds a flower bed

Maybe you like art.......and your better half ( a reader)........gives you pens and colored pencils.

Pehaps, you are a talented cook, and your other, suggests a great and festive cook out...........

It is not always about the giving of a gift........sometimes, it is about the recognizing of a gift that has been given..............( really)

6. kingphilipIV profile image60
    kingphilipIVposted 12 years ago

When she makes me smile even I'm not on the mood or I am sad. When she always ready to offer her shoulder when I wanted someone to lean on. When she is always been there even I don't call her. When I start to feel that my heart beats faster when she is already around.

7. GoodLady profile image92
    GoodLadyposted 12 years ago

It's a question of time.  Over time we learn who truly loves us, and who doesn't.  Once, after 15 years of a loving relationship, my partner suddenly said he did not love me anymore and broke my heart.  I really did not know why this happened.  I loved him truly. 
    I waited.  I gave him time.  I did not pressure him or bother him.  I kept myself to myself, and my love in a box in my heart.  After about six months, he showed signs of getting close, then more signs, then more, so I let him in completely because he was sincere. 
    He had always loved me but something had happened (I still haven't asked what it was) and it had caused a rift in his love for me.  He worked it out, inside himself. 
    We are together now 24 years and have an easy relationship with all the lines open.
    Sometimes, things happen to people, unexplainable, which cause relationships to seems busted, but if there is love - in time, the relationship will heal because there is love.  If love is not there, then it will fall apart - in time.

8. alisha4u profile image39
    alisha4uposted 12 years ago

If he's ready to miss the Soccer Final for you , Marry Him tongue

If the girl doesnt let you splurge and takes care of you, Marry Her big_smile

9. Angela Blair profile image68
    Angela Blairposted 12 years ago

I once read in a novel "In all the years we were married, he never told me what to do or how to behave. He let me decide for myself and accepted whatever I chose without judging. It was perhaps the greatest gift he ever gave me and I did my best to return it in kind."

For me, this is true love -- someone who accepts you for what you really are and doesn't require you to re-invent yourself.

10. wychic profile image84
    wychicposted 12 years ago

Simply put, there's no way you can ever know for certain. You can spend your life obsessing over whether or not someone truly loves you, or you can put your energies into simply being yourself and expressing your love to those you care about. Whether or not they love you back, you just have to take on faith. I'm reminded of what someone said in a presentation recently -- it's none of your business what others think about you. Focus on how you interact with the world and let go of any fears about whether or not they love you back to the best of your abilities, and simply trust that those who love you will do the same.

11. jaswinder64 profile image60
    jaswinder64posted 12 years ago

I know especially your parents love you unconditionally. After them your spouse and children love you.

The signs how to know someone really love you or not are:

When you need them they are there for you.
    They always are ready to help you, supoort you.

12. Jim and Beyond profile image74
    Jim and Beyondposted 12 years ago

Of course a different answer will suit different people.  I don't believe there is only one way to love or to be loved.  I can only speak for myself and the love my wife and I have between us.

Unfortunately, some would say, to love and to be loved requires complete vulnerability.  All safe guards must be removed for that other person to truly see you for yourself.  To open oneself up in that way is risky and intimidating because of the doubt inside.  Even those who find it easy to put themselves out there, so to speak, may be lacking genuine vulnerability because a "take-me-or-leave-me" attitude is still a defensive posture to maintain. 

I would also agree with GoodLady in that time is important.  Opening yourself up to everyone at the onset of a relationship is an invitation to heartache.  Your guard must be let down gradually, and hopefully it is reciprocated.  A time will come when you can be at ease with an open, honest talk about how you feel.

There are plenty of good responses to read here.  Put them all together and I'd say you have your answer.

13. MihaelaMaria profile image61
    MihaelaMariaposted 12 years ago

I guess you don.t know it, you just have to know to listen to your instincts and just feel it.

14. scruffyfy profile image60
    scruffyfyposted 12 years ago

Hi there! In my opinion, you can tell that someone loves you when that someone makes you his or her priority next to God. When he or she respects you, care for you, be there for you no matter what happens...And also, seeks to bring out the best in you. Though in today's world, I believe that since Sex is easier to get, love gets harder to find and that there are people who fake love in order to get what they want. But I strongly believe that you will surely know when true love comes..your heart will recognize it for sure. I have also a powerful guide to the meaning of Love and you will find it in 1 Corinthians 3:4-8. And it is really true that love never fails. Just love and let it grow. smile

15. samister profile image58
    samisterposted 12 years ago

We will make relationship with whom we wanna to make. There is a simple way to know who loves you truly. He/She will stand with you when you are in problem like your mother is always with you. and we all know that how much our mother loves us. He will never think anything wrong about you. He always try to come near you. Always help you directly or indirectly.

16. sayus2884 profile image57
    sayus2884posted 12 years ago

It is based on sincerity, trust and belief on that person, i guess. "You know when someone loves you when he wakes up 3:00am and fetches you water when your asking for one.", is what my teacher said. Also, I think it's your job to know whether that someone loves you otherwise, you end up lazing about, spacing out, not knowing what to do next if he/she dumps you. I'll try doing more research on this one. I'll give you a heads up when I find something else.

17. tammybarnette profile image61
    tammybarnetteposted 12 years ago

If he will do anything to make you happy, if he puts your needs ahead of his own, if he remembers important dates and surprises you with something you have always wanted months or years after you told him, then that man loves you:)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)