How to trust God in difficult times?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (18 posts)
  1. profile image60
    Roohi Khanposted 11 years ago

How to trust God in difficult times?

Sometimes, when things get tough, it is quite easy to lose your faith in the one Supreme Being. Have you ever gone through such times? How did you manage to keep your faith in God?

2. badegg profile image81
    badeggposted 11 years ago

It's easy to lose your faith during tough times, but you  have to have continued faith in God's plan. When all else is gone, when all have walked away, all that is left is you.....and God. He never waivers.

3. edhan profile image38
    edhanposted 11 years ago

Faith in God will prevail.

It is just like when you encounter failure in your work, you do not give up but instead learn from it. Then the end of the rainbow is where you see success. It is easy to give in to your failure but if one accepts failure and stand up to it, you will receive your success.

Your determination of learning how to accept failure will help you to grow. It is the same when you have faith in God. Your strength will grow and God will help you in return.

4. chaturrajneesh profile image69
    chaturrajneeshposted 11 years ago

We cannot define GOD's role in our tough times as it is much larger than we can even think off. If you are falling in a valley of unpleasant life experiences- GOD may not come and save you, HE may not stop you from falling, BUT YOU WILL DEFINITELY TRUST HIM WHEN YOU WILL REALIZE THAT ALL OF A SUDDEN YOU LEARNT TO FLY. GOD gives us life experiences not on the basis of what we desire, but on  the basis of what we need, and how we will evolve towards perfection from those experiences.

5. Leaderofmany profile image60
    Leaderofmanyposted 11 years ago

Trying to figure that one out still, I can't seem to believe that there is someone who allow so much turmoil in this life.

1. profile image60
      Roohi Khanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Same here! But there are definitely some very good answers out here.

6. Diana Mendes profile image68
    Diana Mendesposted 11 years ago

In the first place we must have faith & trust that God is in control of our lives no matter what happens. Everyone has their own share of blessings, heartaches & hardships; that's part of God's training for us. There is nothing about us that is not known to God. Nothing happens to us by accident. So we must trust & believe that God is watching over us & that He loves us. We are in God's hands & everything we go through is for a purpose & a part of His plan. I believe that all things work together for good & God is able to  take all these difficulties & trials & turn them into blessings. He has promised us victory & has promised never to leave us or forsake us. We need to have the faith & confidence to hold on to His promises.

1. profile image0
      oceansiderposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Diana,
      Thank you! I agree with you completely.... as a Christian, I put my faith, hope and trust in the One who gave it all for me at the Cross!  Jesus is my only hope!

7. Craig Suits profile image64
    Craig Suitsposted 11 years ago

Everyone has gone through hard times. Believing there is an invisible man that will save you from worse perril guarantees
    times will get worse. Intellect is the only entity that can prevent future hard times and even thats no guarantee.

1. profile image60
      Roohi Khanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I do agree as far as intellect is concerned. Intellect does play a role in preventing future hard times. It is what helps someone learn from present circumstances. No guarantee, of course because hard times may come back in a different form.

8. IDONO profile image61
    IDONOposted 11 years ago

God always gets us to the place we need to be. Just sometimes he chooses a different route to get there. For instance, let's say you are on your way to the first day on a new job. You run into a detour that takes you 10 miles out of your way. Along the way, you see a person with a flat tire. You stop and help. You then get to work only to find out that the person you helped is also the owner of the company you just started to work for that you had never met. Your first impression couldn't have been better if planned. But it wasn't planned. That's how God works.
         We have to believe that every event that takes place, good or bad, is part of the process of how we got to where we are at today.

9. Civil War Bob profile image60
    Civil War Bobposted 11 years ago

Answer to main question:  As a Born Again Christian, I look at His track record for 6,000 years in the Bible, as well as in my own life for the last 32 and how He engineered the prior 28.
    Question #2:  I'm going through a tough time right now.  Sometimes you have to wait in order to see just how the details He's got set before you work out; which may be the most difficult part of spiritual growth.
    Question #3:  Remind myself of His character, His past provisions, and His promise to "never leave [me] nor forsake me."  It really is that simple...though hard sometimes.

10. bhargvi sharma profile image38
    bhargvi sharmaposted 11 years ago

I keep my faith on god & believe that everything happens for a right reason; might be god have thought something more better for me and god might be testing me to get the best so i will never loose hope & hope for the best.
    Moreover i believe what is happening is what i deserve & best to me. So never lose your faith in god in tough times as might be god is testing u to give something best & remember if god put u in bad times; only  god could help u to get out of it..... big_smile

11. Esther Earl profile image58
    Esther Earlposted 11 years ago

Please never do! Loosing your faith to God won't anyway make a situation easier... Instead a person loose direction and will esperience empthiness within him no matter how rich and successful he may be. Our faith gives us a sense of balance, and our only hope at times we can't tackle carrying our load.

I wasn't perfect and pure... I fell down so many times but at times almost everyone left me I felt God was still there beside me because I would fell that hope in me that everything will soon be fine. A feeling of comfort that even though the world is againts me yet God will never forske me, He is there to understand and clear my mind that I will be able to see to right path again. Especially at most difficult times, surrender yourself to God and you will fear nothing as your worries slowly fades away.

12. slcockerham profile image60
    slcockerhamposted 11 years ago

I'm a believer in God and Jesus Christ, so I have to go to the Bible for answers from those things that God has already revealed about himself to us. First of all, He tells us that he is the author and the finisher of our faith. Although we see it from our perspective of making a decision to believe, God gave us that seed of faith. Our faith is tested in the fire of persecution and suffering, where it is purified of the doubts of unbelief, just as gold or silver is purified. Although, it seems ludicrous to our finite minds, Paul tells us to rejoice in the midst of our trials, knowing that our faith is being made whole. Easier said than done! Finally, I think just as the man that sought healing for his child, he asked Jesus to help his unbelief or doubts. Remember brother, it's not our own strength or faith that keeps us, it's wholely Jesus. He won't lose any that are His.

13. Clive Donegal profile image65
    Clive Donegalposted 11 years ago

Well, I guess you don't need the trust in good times.
    I have frequent chats with God throughout the day. And St. Francis and St. Anthony and St. Jude...I have quite an assortment of patron saints I talk with, on a regular basis, whether suppiication or gratitude. When I am talking with God, I always ask that he help me to hear his voice and do his will.
    In good times, I tend to have three-five of these chats a day. Right now--kind of a low spot--I am probably running at twice that.
    These are not necessarily "on your knees" chats. They might be while I am walking the dogs or after awakening and before I get out of bed, while getting a haircut or waiting for plane.
    I suspect that most who know me would be surprised. I don't make a big deal of it.
    If I don't keep faith in God. then in whom?

14. harmony155 profile image59
    harmony155posted 11 years ago

Sometimes it's these difficult times that actually get you closer to God. You wouldn't be asking these questions and soul searching if life was dandy.

15. chaturrajneesh profile image69
    chaturrajneeshposted 11 years ago

There was a question asked by one of the hubbers – How to trust GOD in difficult times, I am thankful to that hubber for two reasons as follows:_
      The question has really made me introspect about existence of GOD and his role in our lives, and... read more

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)