What do you think is the best and most romantic way to ask your girlfriend to ma

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (16 posts)
  1. sir_tallest profile image58
    sir_tallestposted 11 years ago

What do you think is the best and most romantic way to ask your girlfriend to marry you...

my girlfriend has been complaining that I am not romantic,,,,i am hoping to ask her to marry me but I have no idea how to be romantic about it....any ideas

2. DeanCash profile image59
    DeanCashposted 11 years ago

The date gives impression of you to a lady. You need to impress her first before the asking her to marry you.

Women love compliment so when you go out with her try telling her "you look fabulous on that dress" not "that's a beautiful dress your wearing".

Humor is magic to everyone. Though not good to some but you know that the woman loves you when no matter how corny your joke is she is still besides you.

Ask her what she loves.

3. michememe profile image59
    michememeposted 11 years ago

I have never been a lady who really thought about marriages. I wouldn't know where to begin in answering this question. If I were into this, I would want it to me just he and I. I wouldn't want a big scene, because I am private. How he ask me I would want it done in a beautiful setting maybe on a roof top of a building at night among the stars and moon. Good question.

4. profile image54
    Squirrelgonzoposted 11 years ago

Have you thought of any ways in which you could make her feel extra special and at the same time, shows her how much thought/heart you put into it?

Does it help any to reflect on different places/events that you have done/gone to/shared together where she felt really special or that meant a lot to her?

It might not seem like a lot but it might give you a starting point for ideas...

The proposal is important and special for both of you. Best of luck!

5. dipsmi profile image65
    dipsmiposted 11 years ago

My BIL had taken my sis out for a romantic date but insisted her to eat the dessert he had prepared for her. MY sis loves chocolate cake, he baked one for her and wrote "will you marry me? " on it. My sis simply loved it. You can try this out if your gf loves cakes.

6. lupine profile image65
    lupineposted 11 years ago

sir_tallest:  First of all, do try to be romanic, women realize you can't be romantic all the time, but occasionally is great. I think most men do not know how to go about being romantic...you asking how to do it, is a step in the right direction. Please read my hub, "How a marriage can last a lifetime" for some insight on this subject. Idea #1: call her just to ask how she is doing...do not text, it is a bit impersonal, do not ask her to do anything for you during this call because she will think that's why you called...tell her you were thinking of her and can't wait to see her. Make it short  and sweet. Idea #2: Make her favorite food, or buy it, even if you don't care for it, be very nice and smile a lot. She will be nice to you too. Ask her to marry you in a private place with only the two of you. This is for you and her to enjoy and get to be yourselves. You can share this moment with friends and family later. Good Luck.

7. Kathleen Cochran profile image78
    Kathleen Cochranposted 11 years ago

Anything, anyway, as long as you have a ring.  She'll never forget it if you don't.  (Sound like I have a little bit of a history here?  Yes, I do, but then I've been married for 35 years, so I guess it's not fatal.)  Good luck and congrats.

8. Neil Sperling profile image59
    Neil Sperlingposted 11 years ago

One thing you will want to do is sweep her off her feet..... touch her heart with warmth and make it memorable. Every girl is different, just like every guy.... and the combination of the two together brings yet another dimension to the whole scene making each couple unique as well.

Step one - Sweep her off her feet..... you might try simply having fun getting her to stand on her head. (stand on head = swept off feet)

Step Two - touch her heart with warmth..... while she is standing on her head reach down and squeeze her left breast (that is as close to touching her heart as you can get) ... make sure your hand is warm as you want to touch her heart with warmth remember.

Step Three - help her stand up and get down on your knees as if you are now going to stand on your head.... but first say "I better empty my pockets" .... reach in your pocket pull out the ring and say "I love you in ever way.... even upside down you make me feel like I am more than I am..... will you marry me"

you may choose alternate activities for step one and 2..... but step 3 fits almost any other occasion... just make sure the occasion will be as memorable as standing on your head......... (what girl would ever forget you asked her to marry her after she stood on her head.... now that WOULD be memorable LOL)

I wish you and your lady the best of everything for as long as you both shall live.

Love - Light - Laughter
    Neil

9. marwan asmar profile image67
    marwan asmarposted 11 years ago

The old traditional way: Get on your knees and ask, will you darling....

10. Daughter Of Maat profile image94
    Daughter Of Maatposted 11 years ago

I'm not big on outlandish proposals. I think it's the most romantic when it happens naturally and just kind of pops out.

My husband asked me when he was homeless, jobless,and completely broke. I had a ring that I wore on my left hand to ward off would-be suitors and he asked me to give it to him. So, I did. He turned around and asked me to marry him as he slid it back on my finger. I know it sounds horribly lame, but I thought it was so sweet and innocent. He didn't care that he was at rock bottom, he just knew he loved me and wanted to get through the worst of times with me. It was like saying there was no one he'd rather walk through hell with. It meant more to me than any other way he could have proposed. To this day, it reminds me that as long as we have each other, we can get through anything, and we always do.

I still have that ring. big_smile

11. Express10 profile image83
    Express10posted 11 years ago

Something private and shows that you put some effort into it. Some suggestions are better than others but think about what YOUR girlfriend likes. If she likes flowers and the beach, combine the two and get down on one knee to propose. The romantic way of proposing is very unique to the individual being asked and it will best be determined by the one who will be proposing.

12. Etherealenigma profile image69
    Etherealenigmaposted 11 years ago

I've seen some pretty interesting scenarios on tv. The surprize b-day party with all her fam/friends there; taking her on some unique outing that fits the flow of what she likes to do, like hiking, horseback riding etc, but with a picnic added and the ring in some food item in the picnic basket; the billboard at a sporting event, or the skywriting. I even saw it done on one of those mob events where people sing/dance etc; I can't remember the name of the show or event, but it's like a mall full of people that are doing all this coordinated stuff for that one person. Those were kind of interesting. For myself, I can't say, because I've never met anyone that is that romantic...so I can only tell you what I've seen or heard of. Good luck.

1. Daughter Of Maat profile image94
      Daughter Of Maatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Mobbed I think is the name of the show. Isn't Howie Madel the host?

13. Lastheart profile image67
    Lastheartposted 11 years ago

I went to my Hub pages account and found this question: What do you think is the best and most romantic way to ask your girlfriend to marry you... asked by sir_tallest. Let me tell you my son's idea which I consider the best and most romantic. read more

14. self absorbed profile image61
    self absorbedposted 11 years ago

Check out this website, it has some great ideas.

http://wedding.theknot.com/getting-enga … opose.aspx

15. profile image0
    msorenssonposted 11 years ago

Oh..that you are even asking us is sweet already. Goodness, I wish I could tell you. I am sure you will figure out the best way, all on your own..
    After all, the heart speaks a language no words can capture..
    I am happy for both of you and wish you a long and happy life together.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)