What do you think please?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (16 posts)
  1. tlmcgaa70 profile image61
    tlmcgaa70posted 11 years ago

What do you think please?

i am working on the cover of a book in progress and would like your opinion on it. is it easy to read the title and author and what do you think of the layout? thank you

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6682807_f260.jpg

2. maxoxam41 profile image65
    maxoxam41posted 11 years ago

TERRIBLE COVER! Too many pictures! Unreadable title! No contrast between the pictures and the writing! Wrong type of cursive!

3. tlmcgaa70 profile image61
    tlmcgaa70posted 11 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6683674_f260.jpg

the picture set up is called a collage, and is meant to give an idea of what the book is about and to entice readers to read it, but i changed the font a little, is it better now?

1. littleguides profile image59
      littleguidesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The images are good. But the font, somehow, it's not readable. You should try more fonts, and see which is readable for the cats background.

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 11 years ago

Ah a cat lover.  Good luck on your book!  I have to admit it is very hard for me to read the title or author name in either picture. It is a little busy for my eyes. It seems chaotic.  I think one charming cute picture of a cat would draw cat lovers in very quickly.

5. girimybf profile image61
    girimybfposted 11 years ago

I over all like it because i am a cat person, but the only thing i would change is the coloring of the words its a little hard to read.

1. tlmcgaa70 profile image61
      tlmcgaa70posted 11 years agoin reply to this

ok, i changed it again, to white font and kind of an ariel font italicized, but i cant show it here because i have already answered once

6. aguasilver profile image71
    aguasilverposted 11 years ago

Not good I am afraid, I could not read your name, and that was after copying it into Photoshop and viewing it actual size.

I have done a quick redraw, using a picture i found, to show the way I would go if I were looking at designing it.

I used to do this fro book publishers a long time ago, and if you want me to kick it around with you, I would happily do it (no charge) and hope we get what you like, and which will sell it for you.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid … mp;theater

1. profile image54
      sweetrocketposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Aquasilver's cover is great.

2. aguasilver profile image71
      aguasilverposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This guy has great cat photos:

http://laperm.wordpress.com/category/cats/

I would think he would let you use one for a credit.

3. profile image54

Umm, I mean AGUA silver wink

4. tlmcgaa70 profile image61
      tlmcgaa70posted 11 years agoin reply to this

wow! that is beautiful. i was attempting to use my own pictures and the picaso 3 program for fear of using copyright images. i would love and appreciate your help. thank you deeply and GOD bless.

5. profile image54

@tlmcgaa70, if the bottom right hand picture on your cover is portrait oriented, it would make a good pic to use, as well. It's a good picture, and it has a built-in dose of irony, lol...

6. girimybf profile image61
      girimybfposted 11 years agoin reply to this

thats so cute !

7. aguasilver profile image71
      aguasilverposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Here's another version:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid … mp;theater

Next you need to email me any jpgs of cats you think would be good on the cover, or contact the ph

7. peoplepower73 profile image90
    peoplepower73posted 11 years ago

With any type of communications, you should first put yourself in the place of the audience you are trying to reach.  It seems to me that you are trying to reach cats, not people. The first place my eyes are drawn to is the cat's nose in the center picture.  That's because the eyes and whiskers form lines of convergence on the nose.  Then when I look for the title, it is hard to read.  By just having a collage of pictures of cats is not effective unless it is composed into a meaningful design. In a meaningful design, you should consider both the negative and postive space that is formed by the images. if you look at pleasing floral arrangements, it's not only the flowers that form the design, but also the space between them. I hope you constider this as constructive critcism. Good luck to you and your publishing. After writing this, I looked at aquasilver's link and I think he is on the right track.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)