When a woman says no to an invitation for date why do men whine and beg to try t

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Etherealenigma profile image68
    Etherealenigmaposted 11 years ago

When a woman says no to an invitation for date why do men whine and beg to try to get her to agree?

Why do men attempt to use sympathy ploy to get a girl to go out with them? Don't they realize that if she's not into them maybe it's because they are not her type and that's not going to change?

2. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 11 years ago

i didn't know they did unless they are trying to look cute. i see women doing some pretty strange things for the reasons you stated, so i'm guessing it's just something some PEOPLE do.

3. wisdom25 profile image61
    wisdom25posted 11 years ago

I believe there are 4 reasons:

1. Some men don't like rejection.

2. Some men are controlling and like things there way so the answer no is not in  their equation.

3. Some women say no in an ignorant manner so the men get ignorant back.

4. The last reason is some men are just plain ignorant.

Just know that not all men whine and beg. If anything I see more women that whine and beg when I guy say no. But again not all women whine and beg either.
    Hope this help.

1. dashingscorpio profile image81
      dashingscorpioposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It seems you are not willing to concede the possibility that a man might think a particular woman is worth the effort to pursue a relationship with. Most (grown men) won't whine or beg though. As far as I know, nobody likes rejection. (men or women)

2. Etherealenigma profile image68
      Etherealenigmaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I appreciate dashing's answer, but in certain environments, you have to maintain a friendly attitude...like in a church setting. Therefore, it's much harder to give the firm answer he mentions below, without a greater measure of sensitivity.

3. dashingscorpio profile image81

Men see a (smile) as a ray of hope. The next time you say you aren't interested say it with a glare. Anyone who has hit on you multiple times deserves told to leave you alone. It's not what you say but how you say it that drives a point home.

4. wisdom25 profile image61
      wisdom25posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Dashingscorpio I did leave that out. You are right! A man might think a woman is worth the effort to pursue a relationship with but you also have to take in consideration in how they are pursuing that woman.Most grown men are worst than the young boy

5. Etherealenigma profile image68

After this guy began dropping hints, my gf started commenting on "how sweet" this guy was, & that I should give him a chance because you never know what the "gift of God" is packaged like. Personally, I believe God would bring me someone I'd like

4. dashingscorpio profile image81
    dashingscorpioposted 11 years ago

Historically society has taught men that women wanted to be "pursued" or "wooed". Thus came the notion of women "Playing hard to get." In a past era men would often send flowers, candy, a note, or even poetry in an attempt to perusade a woman to go out with them. Today we'd call those men (Stalkers) or we'd see their actions as "sexual harassment". The days of trying to "wear a woman down" until she said "yes" are pretty much gone.
    Most men walk away after getting a "firm rejection". Naturally if a woman comes off flirty while saying (no) this could leave the man to think there is still "a chance". How a woman says "no" usually determines whether a man continues to pursue her. Personally speaking if there is no mutual interest I move on.

You know, I think most women try to be polite, and even smile when they decline an invitation from a man. That's not flirty. However, it comes off as desperate when, after several "no's", they begin to beg. It actually becomes really annoying.

2. dashingscorpio profile image81

Etherealenigma, You make a good point about certain environments but a man has no business trying to pick up women in the church. A firm rejection does not have be a rude rejection. A stern face with a "I have no interest in getting to know you."

3. Etherealenigma profile image68

Dashing...that's what happened. I think you commented on my other question about do men pick women because they are nice. Both questions are related. A guy that my gf and I started talking to in the cafe at church, kept hinting that he liked me.

5. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 11 years ago

In my experience, only children whine and only dogs beg. No respectable man would employ these standards.

Amen to that!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)