Do you write out of your passions or as a response to what's in demand?

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (28 posts)
  1. Ellana317 profile image68
    Ellana317posted 11 years ago

Do you write out of your passions or as a response to what's in demand?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6888453_f260.jpg

2. JBrumett profile image59
    JBrumettposted 11 years ago

I just go with stuff that pops up in my head.  Example would be this Anime series I'm watching where this character calls everyone a fool.  It's a comedy; I wrote an article based off that knowing that no one would understand what I was referencing unless they've actually seen it.  It just had to be written, even if I'm the only one who gets it.  =-P

1. Ellana317 profile image68
      Ellana317posted 11 years agoin reply to this

LOL...I love it.

3. Veroniquebee profile image64
    Veroniquebeeposted 11 years ago

I write because I like to share my views - and if it's in demand, all the better, because that means people will read it and possibly learn something from my posts.

4. epigramman profile image60
    epigrammanposted 11 years ago

...I would challenge anyone here at the Hub to come up with more variations in subject matter than I do - so basically I just write for myself but that said - because I have been at the Hub now for over two years I also know how to play the game and I know exactly what many of my writers want or like - for example because I have a darling muse I have been writing a lot of lovey dovey stuff lately but the bottom line with epi - he is always full of suprises and now that people are aware of my style they often try to figure out the surprise before the end of the piece and yet I still manage to suprise them - lol lake erie time ontario canada 6:50pm

5. profile image0
    Elijahokelleyposted 11 years ago

I try to balance both but mostly just opt for whatever I feel like writing about. For example, my latest hubs have been on money's history and the types of money, which is something that doesn't exactly have a huge amount of people seeking to learn about it. But, if a major news event happens I'll write on it but usually that's easy because I've already got a motivation to write on it and it just happens to simultaneously be in demand.

6. prospectboy profile image87
    prospectboyposted 11 years ago

Writing is a hobby for me, so I would say that I do it as more of a passion thing instead of what's in demand. Whenever something comes to my head, or if something I think is relevant is being broadcast, I'll normally come up with something to write about.

7. chuckd7138 profile image71
    chuckd7138posted 11 years ago

Writing IS my passion. Before I am anything else (son, grandson, nephew, brother, cousin, uncle, friend, lover, whatever), I am a writer. I may do other things more frequently and with better performance, but I am a writer doing those things. Some of my friends and family refuse to see that, and that is why they've been cut from my life.

8. Bukarella profile image81
    Bukarellaposted 11 years ago

A little bit of both?
    When I write about dogs, teaching, memories, favorite books, that's all passion.
    When I write cooking recipes, or publish my college papers, that's all about demand.

9. alancaster149 profile image73
    alancaster149posted 11 years ago

I write about what I know, or close to it. Lots of research, notes and maps help put an idea across if that's what the writing calls for. Some of the material I use can be picked up on and developed by anyone if they've a thought to do it. I leave politics alone mostly, but will comment on an issue if I can think of something funny to link with it. Every so often - like "Get Off Of My Cloud" - I might surprise myself and write about a passion.
    Que ser a, ser a

10. Tina Glasneck profile image59
    Tina Glasneckposted 11 years ago

My writing is done out of my passion for all things creative. Occasionally, I have times when passion and demand overlap, but the desire to impart knowledge and entertain are what push me to continue to create. Since as long as I can remember, I've been a creative person, and I dabble in different mediums (painting, fiction and poetry writing, photography). I'd hate to imagine a world where my passion is muted, and my creativity is only a result of fulfilling demand.

11. i scribble profile image72
    i scribbleposted 11 years ago

My passions. Can't waste precious time on anything else.

12. profile image0
    SinnersChoiceposted 11 years ago

I write about my passions or how I feel. I usually think of a topic or a cool title to my work and just go with it. I write with a lot of passion and feeling in hopes people can relate and understand

13. Crewman6 profile image83
    Crewman6posted 11 years ago

Absolutely both!!  I've done product reviews, and articles straight from the heart.  My favorites are the things that relate to my life and interests, which is probably true for all of us.  But either way, I feel compelled to write, and am grateful that I can turn that passion into a way of earning money.

Cool question, thanks!

14. Reenile profile image61
    Reenileposted 11 years ago

both.. when there's a demand of a topic I will write a hub about it since it might be something very important to the users. I also write  out of my passions..

15. fjpteach profile image60
    fjpteachposted 11 years ago

I write out of passion and what I am feeling at the time. I do not write poetry based on a subject that I think is popular, I write about what I know and what is on my mind at the time.  Sometimes I wish I could write as passionately on any topic, but I don't think I'm wired that way.

16. onegoodwoman profile image68
    onegoodwomanposted 11 years ago

Without " passion" in the sense of loss, grief, turmoil, indecision or exhuberance...................I simply can not pen words to paper.   

You will not read of mudane things or happenings from me..............I leave those to the bloggers.

I have to " feel" in order to write....................you will not hear from me, when times are 'good'.................

My daughter described it best when she said............." Mama, you have to get into your feelings"......

17. Matthew Weese profile image60
    Matthew Weeseposted 11 years ago

I write out of my passion...writing out of demand takes away from ones artistic talent.

18. Jenna Kunc profile image61
    Jenna Kuncposted 11 years ago

I don't really know what's in demand! I suppose if what's in demand intersected with a passion, then I'd end up writing about it.

19. mosaicman profile image60
    mosaicmanposted 11 years ago

Ellaina I definitely write about my passions. My work comes out so much better that way. If you read my hubs you will see I hit different topics and interests. You may like them. Check out some of my hubs and tell me what you think (thumbs up or down).

20. penlady profile image60
    penladyposted 11 years ago

Both. I write out of passion to fulfill my heart's desire of sharing what's on it. I also write out of demand because a writer should keep his or her audience needs' in mind.

21. deskjockywriter profile image68
    deskjockywriterposted 11 years ago

I write Purley from the heart and what I feel not what others want to hear because if that is what they want to hear they will never hear the truth!

22. AnnKelly profile image60
    AnnKellyposted 11 years ago

100% out of passion. I have been a lover of fantasy and science fiction from the very first book I every read. While these types of stories are in high demand, one of my main goals when writing my work is to avoid the cliches and overused themes so common to this particular genre. Also, I have found that my creativity only seems to flourish in this area.

23. M K Paul profile image72
    M K Paulposted 11 years ago

Still now I never try.My interest is poetry , technology and travel and sometime cooking...Demanding topics are mostly related to "How make money", which is far away from my imaginable  topic smile

24. profile image0
    Emilyfedposted 11 years ago

I write out of my passions. I wrote since I was eight, I sing, I compose poems, I compose songs, I sew, I make crafts, all are out of my passions. I think doing things for money is greed and I don't accept it, I want to do things for people or anything for free.

You can view my hubs, my poems, stories.
    Maybe you could even follow me.

Emilyfed.

25. Sage in a Cage profile image80
    Sage in a Cageposted 11 years ago

I  write about my passions. As a psychologist with personal experience of mental health issues I want to use my background to empower others. I would find it too difficult to motivate myself to write about topics purely with the goal of getting page views.

26. miakouna profile image68
    miakounaposted 11 years ago

I write what I know, the topic I have an opinion on, what I find interesting or disturbing, and stick to the topics that I have knowledge on. I would like to optimize my articles to get more web traffic, but for now, I enjoy writing on topics that I find interesting.

27. hi friend profile image60
    hi friendposted 11 years ago

I usually write out of passion and not on demand.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)