Has a user on hubpages every annoyed you?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (36 posts)
  1. EuroNinila profile image70
    EuroNinilaposted 11 years ago

Has a user on hubpages every annoyed you?

Just curious...

2. Deep Metaphysical profile image66
    Deep Metaphysicalposted 11 years ago

Yes, there's this one fella I had to block. Pearldiver.

EuroNinilaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh really?  haven't run into him!

2. Thomas Swan profile image97
      Thomas Swanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Good to know I wasn't the only one who had to deal with this narcissist!

3. NateB11 profile image89
    NateB11posted 11 years ago

Yes, I finally discovered my first trolls after 2 months on here. It's to be expected on the Internet; basically they were intentionally interrupting a discussion with irrelevant chatter and a couple snide remarks to disrupt things. So far that's probably about as bad as it's gotten; a few minor annoyances have occurred and been easily worked out. In the above case, I just ignored them; sometimes more action is needed. Depends.

Aw, sorry to hear that, I've people slightly annoying me here and there but everyone seems so family-like on here that I just wanted to hear people's situations.  At least we can deny comments !

4. fresh2def05 profile image83
    fresh2def05posted 11 years ago

Luckily for me, I have yet to come accross any trolls.  If you do find that someone is harrassing you, you can always report them.  You'de probably be doing the whole hubpages community a huge favor.

Yes, soo right!

5. Patty Kenyon profile image69
    Patty Kenyonposted 11 years ago

No, Actually I have been very fortunate that I have not come across anyone so far that has annoyed me.  Honestly, so far everyone has been wonderful, encouraging, and supportive.

awesome!

6. Angela Blair profile image69
    Angela Blairposted 11 years ago

The good and generous people on Hubpages have far outnumbered the grinches that have come my way. I don't call someone who disagrees with me a "grinch" as everyone's opinion is always welcome. I call a grinch the person that, in the interest of promoting their opinion, stomps all over both the writer and everyone else who comments on an article by getting personally insulting. Again, that's happened to me very rarely but every time it has -- another Hubber has always come forth, helped me ward off the grinch and offered words of encouragement as to ignoring the rude person -- and ignoring them, whether troll or grench, is taking the high road.

1. liftandsoar profile image60
      liftandsoarposted 11 years agoin reply to this

great distinction Angela between a grinch and one that merely disagrees.

2. EuroNinila profile image70

Yes, theres definitely far more good people on hubpages than "annoying" ones.

7. writer20 profile image61
    writer20posted 11 years ago

Yes, one in particular that I unfollowed.

sorry to hear that!

8. newcalendar profile image59
    newcalendarposted 11 years ago

I came across two in my first week, one friended me and put a stupid comment and the second left a comment meant to start a flame war on an article. Thank goodness you have the deny button on here!

that was fast, 2 weeks! wow, I know I love the deny button, lol

2. newcalendar profile image59
      newcalendarposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It's quite funny actually, the guy starting the flame war actually posted on this article!

9. liftandsoar profile image60
    liftandsoarposted 11 years ago

As one who has written hubs on the Christian faith, I've gotten quite a few comments from agnostic, atheists and new agers that have been dismissive and sometimes ridiculing and abusive. But not all. I've tried my best to respond to the points raised and with grace and some have noticed.  But to your question, I don't know that I've been annoyed so much a sad.  In a day when substantive differences are papered over I've appreciated the honest disagreements I get from some non-Christians.  The sadness comes from realizing the huge divide between the Christian world and life view and all others.

1. Georgie Lowery profile image90
      Georgie Loweryposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm very glad that you included that some non-religious folks are easy to get along with. We're not all a bunch of jerks! smile

2. liftandsoar profile image60
      liftandsoarposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I know some religious jerks.  In fact the religious jerks are lot more annoying to me.

10. Georgie Lowery profile image90
    Georgie Loweryposted 11 years ago

There was this one guy who was hardcore conservative and uber-religious who liked to shoot people down on the forums and the answers. I got into it with him a few times when I was just trying to mind my own business and then noticed my Hub scores going down and lots of negative votes on my answers afterwards. I don't know if it was him, but I suspect it was.

I just now checked his ID to see what he's been up to since I haven't seen him on lately and the profile no longer exists. I wonder if he deleted his account or got banned for his nastiness?

hopefully he got banned!  or maybe he got bored and moved on to the next best thing...

11. Civil War Bob profile image60
    Civil War Bobposted 11 years ago

Sure, but there are different ways to handle annoying folks. 
    1.Best way is just chalk them up to the fact that they WANT to annoy and ignore that bunch.
    2. People who just want to hear themselves talk, give a sensible answer and let them have the last word.
    3. A gentle answer turns away wrath, the Old Book says, so I use humor.
    4. One guy told me I was an arrogant Christian, I agreed and claimed I was THE most arrogant one, then asked if he thought that made my point! wink

12. Thomas Swan profile image97
    Thomas Swanposted 11 years ago

I also came across two trolls working together as well. Seems to be common on hubpages! They pose as two atheists, and enter religious-themed topics. One of them goads people into arguments by laughing at their forum posts (with two laughing smilies, can you guess who it is yet? heheh). After a few angry interchanges, the other one enters the argument in support of the first troll to lend valildation to their ridicule. I went into some other topics to see if they were doing the same to other people, and sure enough they were. The thing is, if you destroy their arguments, they go into your hubs and vote you down out of spite. So it's best just to avoid getting into it.

Wow, people really have nothing better to do?  Better to avoid than waste your precious time.

2. Missing Link profile image69
      Missing Linkposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I wrote a hub that includes a segment per exactly what you refer to:  http://missing-link.hubpages.com/hub/Di … ssary-Evil

13. mio cid profile image60
    mio cidposted 11 years ago

The people that only want those who agree with them to post comments and are rude to those who disagree annoy me.

14. junkseller profile image77
    junksellerposted 11 years ago

Just the other day I wrote a fairly lengthy answer to a forum question. I thought it was pretty thoughtful and reasonable. One guy responded by basically saying I was an idiot, but also admitted he didn't even read all of what I wrote, and another person (the person who posed the question in the first place) responded with an eye-roll smiley face guy. I found it a bit annoying. The first guy should at least read what I wrote before calling me an idiot and as for the OP, why even ask the question? Generally, I don't get annoyed about stuff. It's pretty easy to ignore and avoid annoyances.

That sucks...I guess the OP didn't really want an answer after all!  I'm pretty good at ignoring things but I didn't like that I got emails from people through hb so once I saw that you can deny that option, I quickly did it.  Now I feel better, lol.

15. Missing Link profile image69
    Missing Linkposted 11 years ago

yes a guy in the forum once really insulted me by saying something negative about my children

recently I had a few people annoy me per a topic regarding firearms

most everyone has been cool though.

16. Shawn May Scott profile image61
    Shawn May Scottposted 11 years ago

I have run into several people that annoy me on Hubpages and that is usually in the forums. These types of people are awefully high on themselves sitting behind their computer. Most people do not read and process what has been said in the forums so it is easy to be misunderstood. Alot of the answers in the forums are knee jerk reactions to something that has been posted and the back ground information has not been reviewed before a comment is made. So that is a reflection on many users and not just the terrible two that we are discussing from the religion and pagen forums. I have run into them more often than not. But they have been suspended and I have not seen or heard from them in sometime now. It is nice to be able to have a debat with two sides that are genuine in the conversation whether you are argreeing or disagreeing. As for the people that wish to disrupt and hurt, ignor them. The more you play into their hands the more they will try to injure you. I made that mistake in the first forum I ever posted anything to and the next thing I knew it was this aweful tug of war. So I learned very quickly to not answer people that are there to stir the pot. smile

1. Missing Link profile image69
      Missing Linkposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, in the forum is where you are quite vulnerable I feel. Some who have been there a long time or who have lots of posts feel like they own it or are entitled to give you a hard time for no good reason.  I have not gone in there in a long time!

2. NateB11 profile image89
      NateB11posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Seems on the Internet, it's always in the forums where you find the bullies and those who want to close ranks on you, or feel superior to the new guy and want to squash you. Weird school yard behavior. It's in the world, it's on the Internet.

17. girishpuri profile image60
    girishpuriposted 11 years ago

Not yet, rather i am impressed with the writer community of Hubpages, Thanks

18. Martyn Wright profile image68
    Martyn Wrightposted 11 years ago

I've only recently become a Hub-pages member and as yet, I've not yet received  any negative episodes! In my past experience the best way to deal with unwelcome and annoying attention is to simply ignore it.  Don't rise to jibes or criticism!
    I've enjoyed my time with Hub pages so far...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)