Is it appropiate for a 40 year old woman to go clubbing with 18 year old girls?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (33 posts)
  1. sangre profile image92
    sangreposted 11 years ago

Is it appropiate for a 40 year old woman to go clubbing with 18 year old girls?

Or are you only as young as you feel. Age is only a number to some people and they might feel young at heart and enjoy hanging out with people a few years younger than them.

2. Diane Woodson profile image61
    Diane Woodsonposted 11 years ago

No its trashy, tacky and way out of place. They should not want someone that much older unless they are using her to keep them out of trouble for some reason.

3. SidKemp profile image84
    SidKempposted 11 years ago

Why not, as long as everyone has a good time and doesn't get into trouble?

1. MellyMoo profile image61
      MellyMooposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Exactly!!!

4. rutley profile image63
    rutleyposted 11 years ago

If you want to be asked which daughter is yours...........then by all means...go and check out all the toy boys!  They'll make you pay too!

1. profile image49
      deltastarposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Rosana's answered it perfectly.  I would view this arrangement as being a bit strange on a number of levels.

2. profile image0
      vonda g nelsonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It may B strange, but once she isn't bringing them any harm, why not.  I don't know this woman personally but there's always an exception 2 the rule. Folk as well as parents on a daily basis put their trust in wolves wearing sheeps clothing & tit

5. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 11 years ago

Well the question can the 18-year-old girls keep up with you and are they willing to accept your knowledge about how to decided if a male is a man or a jerk. Age can be a tremendous teachers. Young people, even when clubbing, can learn from older people. Go ahead and enjoy yourself. Just be careful--I am old enough to be your father, so I can give warnings.

6. Rosana Modugno profile image74
    Rosana Modugnoposted 11 years ago

Are these her friends or daughters?  If they are her daughters, she needs to let go.  If these are her friends, she needs new friends.  And I can't imagine an 18 year old wanting to hang out with an older woman unless that's her ride home.

But I wanted to add that being over 40 and wanting to go clubbing with friends their own age is awesome.  Women over 40 rock!  smile

sangreposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Rosana, they are work colleagues/friends.

7. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 11 years ago

Age is only a number to the one who is 40.  It is way more then a number to e18 year old girls looking at someone who is 40.  Believe me,18 year old girls have little in common with a 40 year old woman - even is the woman looks 18.  No, it is not appropriate unless she is a chaperon.\

And 40 and 18--that is way more than just a few years younger.

1. Diane Woodson profile image61
      Diane Woodsonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Good for you for speaking up!!!

2. duffsmom profile image60
      duffsmomposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Diane. Wow my typing just keeps getting worse and worse!!

8. old albion profile image60
    old albionposted 11 years ago

If everyone is happy about it the answer is yes. If the party is out 'on the pull' so to speak. Then the older lady is very likely to find a Guy, lot's of younger Guys like older Gals.
    Graham.

9. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 11 years ago

yes it is. age is irrelevant, it is up to the person to decide if they want to go clubbing. 18 year old girls aren't even old enough to drink so what are they doing at clubs?

At 18 they are allowed to drink here in Ireland.

2. nightwork4 profile image61
      nightwork4posted 11 years agoin reply to this

right on for Ireland.lol

10. christin53 profile image83
    christin53posted 11 years ago

I cannot see any problem with a 40 year old woman or even older going out clubbing with young girls. I've done it myself although not recently and it wasn't on a regular basis. I don't see why all ages can't mix and have fun together there is no harm in it.

11. dashingscorpio profile image82
    dashingscorpioposted 11 years ago

Life is a personal journey.  Only YOU decide what is appropiate for you!

1. MellyMoo profile image61
      MellyMooposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Totally agree:)

12. profile image0
    matama ellieposted 11 years ago

In my opinion it shows that the woman missed a stage somewhere in life and she should grow up a little. Being friends with people 22 years your junior is just being stuck in a time warp. It just is a little crazy, especially if the woman in question is someone like your mum, aunt, etc.

13. profile image0
    huckelburyposted 11 years ago

Why would anyone forty years old, male or female, still want to go clubbing? I was in the club business for a number of years, and although the customers brought in the revenue, my primary reaction to seeing the older ones night after night was sadness that their lives had been reduced to such an empty exercise. Read a book, enjoy a movie or concert, but if you're still clubbing at 40, you've missed something along the way.

1. dashingscorpio profile image82
      dashingscorpioposted 11 years agoin reply to this

These people are most likely too reluctant to try eHarmony or match.com. In my opinion online dating is probably best suited for the 40 and over crowd. I can't imagine standing in line waiting to get into a club or eyeing the door for  Ms. Right. lol

2. christin53 profile image83
      christin53posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Because it's fun! Life doesn't have to slow down once you reach 40. I love reading ,going to the movies and dancing in clubs. I don't go to clubs looking for men (I already have one) and neither do the people I go with it's just to dance.

14. fpherj48 profile image60
    fpherj48posted 11 years ago

When you say "clubbing," does that mean that alcohol is involved?  I'm not sure where it is legal to drink until 21...in the U.S......maybe I'm wrong....But, to your question......is it appropriate for 40 yr old woman to go hubbing with 18 yr old girls?
    ONLY IF YOU'RE CHAPERONING!!  Other than that, it seems very inappropriate to me....for the 40 yr. old......But I'm pretty old fashioned and traditional....so, what do I know about today's concepts?

Hi Fpherj48, yep alcohol is involved. 18 is the drinking age here. I'm pretty sure she's not chaperoning them, I've seen the photos smile

2. fpherj48 profile image60
      fpherj48posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Then she is desperately trying to recapture her youth and/or partying days.  She needs to find women in her peer group.  There is very little she should have in common with teenagers!

3. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Totally agree with you fpherj48.   While I do believe in having fun; however, an 18 year old idea of fun is quite different from my idea of fun.

15. profile image0
    vonda g nelsonposted 11 years ago

after reading most of these comments I have to leave one.  As usual people are forever trying to place someone else inside of a box.  In no way am I condoning what this woman is doing, but if this woman is not being a thorn in anyone's side, she's able to pay her own bills, minds her business and maintains herself overall, more power to her.  Just because the average 40 year old will follow suit and sign up to play bingo, or join a church or eharmony for "companionship", doesn't mean that everyone else has to.  Maybe those things are boring and going out/hanging out allows her life to feel a little more exciting.  It's no surprise that most people will make it their business to frown on others who don't "behave" like them or their "friends".  Cookie cutting at it's best....It's amazing the vigor that's put into criticizing someone else about their harmless behavior"...It's no wonder some of these companies are successful with selling their products amongst other things that they market because people will forever believe the hype and buy into it because?!?!? !  I'll be damned if I fall into a certain pattern or lifestyle, just because of my age.  OMG read a book.... are you serious?!?!? Is that the best that someone can do at 40. If you come across one that is exciting to read at your convenience, and not because you have nothing better to do, then maybe.  There is so much for grown folk to do..traveling, visit friends abroad, start a new hobby, volunteer, arts and crafts.  If you have a close family contribute some of your experiences to your nieces, nephews etc.  Although clubbing has never been at the top of my to do list, neither has reading and online dating. ewwww

1. dashingscorpio profile image82
      dashingscorpioposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree with what you have to say. As I stated life is a "personal journey". I have noticed that women seem to be harder (on other women) when it comes to clothes, dating younger men, befriending younger women, and clubbing. Men ignore other men.smile

2. profile image0
      vonda g nelsonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I dont think clubbing can B considered part of anyones journey. U either get caught up or U don't.  There's nothing 2 learn from it besides how 2 get wasted & become attracted 2 folk that R superficial.  You're better off sitting in a corner and

3. profile image0
      matama ellieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

No one is really criticizing the subject in question, merely wondering what is going on in her head.Sometimes, there are things that make you wonder and this is one of them, to be honest.

16. lostohanababy profile image59
    lostohanababyposted 9 years ago

I would think a older woman clubbing with younger woman , is along for a reason, like chaperoning and being designated driver, to bring the girls back home safely.  She will probably not mention it to the girls, but she may feel out of place due to the difference of topics talked about, music preference to dance to and to be asked by someone to dance!    Dating at an older age, or just going out to a decent club to drink and socialize can be either, 'amazing' or 'regretful' and not to say in the least for the older woman, 'lonely'.   An older woman, will try to keep up, dress younger, look younger, but the 'mind' reminds you of your age, and set limitations to your social behavior, even when you think, you're being,'cool'!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)