Do you confront the person your partner is cheating with or is this a no no?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)
  1. alexandriaruthk profile image70
    alexandriaruthkposted 11 years ago

Do you confront the person your partner is cheating with or is this a no no?

Most would say not to confront the other person, but in terms of knowing what is exactly going on if the partner is not talking about. I am just saying you end up hurting yourself more if you do it? Do you agree with me?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 11 years ago

I don't know if it is just my personality, but I would have to confront the person who had just "helped" turn my life upside down. For me, this would be a must. I try to strive to be a good Christian man, but I suppose everyone has their limits.

3. heatherleex profile image60
    heatherleexposted 11 years ago

Well, I would confront my partner, and if they lie to my face, then I might just ask for a second opinion from the one they are cheating on me with.  Although, I might not discuss the matter for very long... I'd most likely just pack my things and go!

4. jennshealthstore profile image80
    jennshealthstoreposted 11 years ago

I say that it depends. If the person they are cheating with is a person that you know and who is aware of the situation then yes, I may confront them. In reality fighting with them is not worth anything. It would not solve one thing. People need to remember that sometimes the person your significant other is cheating with knows that they are in a relationship but sometimes they do not. And it is not ONLY the other persons fault. Your significant other IS guilty also. So many times I see people fighting with the other person involved but yet forgive their BF/GF right away. It does not make sense to me because your partner is the one who is betraying you the most, breaking your trust and their word. If you could work it out that is great, but if the other party was aware that the person they are dating is already attached, your words of confrontation are not really going to matter to them, just going to add fuel to the fire.

5. dashingscorpio profile image81
    dashingscorpioposted 11 years ago

I wouldn't see the point of confronting "the other person" unless it was someone I thought was my friend. Cheating is an automatic "deal breaker" for me. I have no interest in knowing the (why, where, and how)

1. profile image0
      paxwillposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I feel the same way.

6. profile image0
    paxwillposted 11 years ago

If you know your partner is cheating but he/she isn't talking about it, you have have to think carefully about what a confrontation with the other person is going to achieve.  You can't have a healthy relationship with a person who cheats, lies, and refuses to communicate, so very likely you are going to break up.  Once you break up, do you really need to know more details?  All a confrontation will do is make you more firm in your decision to leave. I think you're right that knowing the details can make the hurt even worse.

7. NornsMercy profile image60
    NornsMercyposted 11 years ago

I would confront neither. I would gather my things and leave -- without all the drama. We're not cavemen who grunt anymore. We're grown people who can speak words to express what's on our minds. A cheater cheats when they're too lazy to express feelings of boredom in a relationship, when they're too childish to control their sexual urges, and/or they're so full of themselves that they think they can have anyone they want. Why waste breath, reasoning and time on someone who didn't do the same? Cheating on someone is insulting, disrespectful and pathetic and I would advise any victim of a dishonest partner to get far, far away immediately.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)