What is the truth?

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (130 posts)
  1. Highvoltagewriter profile image66
    Highvoltagewriterposted 11 years ago

What is the truth?

This is an age old question that I am curious on how YOU would answer this question. Do you know the truth when you see it, or does the truth change from person to person?

2. Marcus99 profile image59
    Marcus99posted 11 years ago

Truth? Who cares? It is highly subjective and changes with the wind. Try chasing your tail instead. You stand a much better chance.

1. profile image0
      CJ Sledgehammerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The truth can be known, but it looks like you have either lost heart, have little regard for it or cannot recognize it for what it is.

2. Marcus99 profile image59
      Marcus99posted 11 years agoin reply to this

My goodness you certainly have all the answers, don't you?

3. profile image0

No...I don't, but God knows how hard I try to get it right. :0)

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 11 years ago

I can not tell you the truth about the history of the planet Mars, because I know very little about it. I can not tell you the truth about the chemical process that turns . . . well, about just any chemical process, because I know very little about that.

I could tell you all I know about these things, I could tell you the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth about what I know of the history of Mars, and I would not tell you much at all. It would be a speech of little value to you. The point is that I can only tell you my perception of the truth, my knowledge of the truth, or what I believe that I understand of the truth. I can also be honest and tell you that there are times when I know little of what you seek.

Since it is easy to forget that life on earth has a spiritual dimension to it as well, we forget that 'logical' truths do not hold up in reality! That's why so many economic and political theories collapse: on paper, they look great. But when applied to a nation or society full of less-than-perfect human beings, all of whom are unique, with unique talents and gifts and goals, it just doesn't add up anymore!

Highvoltagewriterposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Very good answer! I could not have put it any better myself!

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Highvoltage.

3. SwordofManticorE profile image70
      SwordofManticorEposted 11 years agoin reply to this

J, your hypocricy never ends to disappoint me.

4. SwordofManticorE profile image70
    SwordofManticorEposted 11 years ago

The truth is Christ Jesus. For He is the Way, the truth and the life (John 14:6).

Now we are talking!

2. tsadjatko profile image66
      tsadjatkoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well said. I'd also say the truth is not established by anyone's perception, interpretation or belief - truth is the reality of fact and can not be disputed nor is it relative. Perception, belief and interpretation can all be subjective observations

3. profile image0

Good job, S.O.M.!!! I can definately get behind you on this count. :0)

What I dont get about you CJ, is that we understand Christ,s second comming and how AD70 fits into prophecy, but that you cant see in scripture that all are saved surprises me totally.

5. profile image0

SOM: I just don't see in scripture where Christ Yeshua says, implies, infers, eludes to, hints, or is even rumored to have suggested that all people will be saved. What is the point of the judgment if all are saved? What did He come to save us from?

6. SwordofManticorE profile image70

Think about who was Christ warning, and when He did. Gehenna is symbolic for God's coming wrath on Judah. Hebron is a place where Pharisees planed their honerable burials, then comes Christ telling them that they will lie in a place of dead criminals

7. profile image0

SOM: Turn to Scripture and show me...point by point, where your evidence is found. Trust me...I am a blood hound when it comes to research and Biblical truth means the world to me, but you must show me where this is found otherwise I cannot see it.

8. SwordofManticorE profile image70

CJ, I havent forgotten your desires to have a hell, but tio my last comment read Acts 20:27.

9. profile image0

Oh, SOM, please cut the rhetoric. I am not your enemy, but I am a champion of truth. I do not yearn for anything...but feed off the truth. The Almighty has told us to "Test the spirits to see if they are from God" and this is what I am doing with you

10. SwordofManticorE profile image70

When you call yourself a champion of truth, It is hard to stop laughing. There is only one champion of truth and that is Christ our Lord.  So back to Acts 20:27. Why didn"t God instruct Paul to warn the gentiles about hell? Bw I test your spirit too.

11. profile image0

@ Sword.... Do you realize how often the word hell is mentioned in the Bible. Have you read those chapters of the Bible? It is mentioned over 50 times.

12. SwordofManticorE profile image70

I am aware of how often it is writen in English bibles, but in its original Greek and Hebrew, you dont find the word hell. You find sheol, pit, hades, unseen, gehenna and tartarus. All these words do not have the doctrine of hell in common.

13. profile image0

No matter what language, it is the same place. Jesus Christ even speaks of hell.

14. SwordofManticorE profile image70

Christ never uttered the word hell as you believe it. I understand you want hell to exist. Your question about heaven and hell says it all about your spirit. Selfrighteouse!

15. profile image0

I refuse to go back and forth with personal attacks. This is not pleasing to God. May you pray that God will give you the wisdom when studying the Bible.

16. SwordofManticorE profile image70

It is you who needs divine wisdom. Btw, I made two hubs about Christians like you. Determined believers in hell part 1 and 2.

17. profile image0

SOM...I said I am A champion of truth...not THE champion of truth. I also want you to know that I am not saying your theories on "Hell" are wrong...only that all known evidence points to them not being right. Unless you can show us, how can we learn?

18. Highvoltagewriter profile image66

If we were all saved then what are we still doing here on earth and not up in heaven?

19. SwordofManticorE profile image70

We are living in the age of the gentile. These vessels we live in help us live the lfes we do to experience contrast and later the comparrison. Just imagine how the prodigal son felt when the Father embraced him at his return. He showed him mercy.

5. edhan profile image37
    edhanposted 11 years ago

Yes.

It is the way one's react to a question. I see it as the body language whether or not someone is truthful. It may not be easy at times but eventually I will see the truth.

So that is how reconize it..but it still does not tell me WHAT IS TRUTH?

6. profile image0
    alloporusposted 11 years ago

The truth persists. So anything that keeps coming back at you from different, sometimes bizarre, places and sets off the same feeling is going to be close to the truth. Great question, well worth asking.

7. Sparklea profile image60
    Sparkleaposted 11 years ago

Yes, I know the truth.  If it is in the Bible, it is true.  The Bible never lies.  It is my Spiritual Guidebook to the art of living.

The Bible introduces Jesus Christ as the Way, the TRUTH, and the LIFE.
    Of course I screw up.  I am human, and I have lost my way a few times, but it always brings me back to the TRUTH...what is written in God's Word.

The GOOD NEWS is that God, His Son, Jesus Christ NEVER abandon me. 

I have been through many dark zones in my life, one being quite recent.
    During that time, I could not even pray, I had to depend on my friends, family, even people who did not know me to carry me through with their prayers.  And they did.

I can open my Bible and point to a verse and say to God, "THIS is what you promise!  And I believe You.  YOU never lie, YOU are the TRUTH.  Thank you God, for that.

I could not get up in the morning if I did not have this faith and these wonderful promises.

To answer your question, Yes, I KNOW the TRUTH when I see it:  God's Word.

Thank you for this great question.  Blessings, Sparklea smile

1. profile image0

Another great answer, Sparklea!!! I would also like to add what a treat it is to see you again. :0)

2. Sparklea profile image60
      Sparkleaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

CJ, Great to hear from you, too!  I have been very ill, but I am slowly returning to the land of the living and eager to contribute to HubPages!  God Bless, Sparklea

3. profile image0

I am sorry to hear that, Sparklea, I will begin to pray for your recovery immediately. :0)

4. profile image53
      mwendwa Mutisoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I absolutely concur with you.

8. SidKemp profile image84
    SidKempposted 11 years ago

There are many types of truth.

Practical, factual truth is very useful. We see it in engineering and good medicine. It let's us drive a car.

Communal truth is when two or more people agree to live and act as is something is true for them. A shared truth can be very practical, like agreeing to drive on the right side of the road. It can be uplifting, like sharing communion at Church. But if we don't agree, it's good to know that, and to respect one another's truths.

Poetry points to a truth beyond words.

Stories, including both fiction and the stories of the great religions, point to a deep kind of truth.

If there is some great Truth, then I believe it is beyond words and stories. It is captured in them, a bit, in each of the great religions of the world. In all these religions, there is a single word that means Truth and Way and Life. In Hebrew, it is Torah, and Christ identified himself with this Torah when he said "I am the Way, The Truth, and the Life." In Greed, it is Logos (The Word who was with God). In Sanskrit, it is Satya, related to Sat, which means" Being." In Chinese, it is Tao, and the Bible used the world Tao when translating "Word" into Chinese.

This last type of truth is large enough to encompass and create the Universe, and as close to us as the heart of a dear friend.

I live and dance with each of these types of truth each and every day. And I find that much conflict between people vanishes when we honor each type of truth for what it is, and sit humbly in the lap of Truth and learn with one another.

Very thought provoking...So this is my favorite  answer, for I looking for answeras that come from the heart and are thought out well. Thanks!

9. PlanksandNails profile image80
    PlanksandNailsposted 11 years ago

Relative truth resolves back to a person who makes an individual claim, which is an opinion. Opinions are always changing, but absolute truth does not change regardless of opinions.

When something is true, there is no opposite. Contrary beliefs are possible, but not contrary truths.

No one can prove truth with absolute certainty. We don't know anything for sure, but we can reach the knowledge of something with reasonable certainty.

Relative truth is opinion, but absolute truth can only be proven by that which is absolute in itself.

1. profile image0

Good answer, Planks, well done!!!

2. Highvoltagewriter profile image66

Yes, you hit the nail on the head!

3. Apostle Jack profile image61
      Apostle Jackposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have a question. If you burn your finger would you not call that absolute of knowledge?
      Maybe's.....I thank so,and theories are incomplete knowledge and is more opinionated than fact. Knowledge is absolute,like self experience.

10. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 11 years ago

The truth is: God was yesterday...is today...and will be tomorrow.

Well said!

2. SwordofManticorE profile image70

here is the evidence. 1 Corinthians 15:22  For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.

3. profile image0

SOM: That's not what I understand this verse to mean. All those who live for the flesh (first Adam) and live for sin will be damned, but those who live "in Christ" shall live forever. It doesn't say all will live, but only those who are "in Christ".

You see CJ, you interpret and understand scripture the way you want it to be. You fail to see that the word "ALL" means ALL mankind.

5. profile image0

SOM: You are so right! How could I have been so blind? Heck with God, I shall seek my own path...get drunk, get laid, seek revenge and hate. Thanks for setting me straight. I now know that I can do whatever my heart desires and I'll still be saved.

6. profile image0

Whew.... What a relief CJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  smile

7. SwordofManticorE profile image70

If that is your hearts desires CJ, what is stopping you? I believe what I believe and dont do these things you speak of, because the spirit of love forms and guides me and my actions.

8. profile image0

SOM: Good for you my friend, but there is just too much fun to be had in this life. There's no benefit being guided by the "spirit of love" if all paths lead to eternal life. No, I will allow the spirit of debauchery to lead me to the same place.

9. SwordofManticorE profile image70

You still harvest what you sow CJ in this life time. Another word for it is Karma. You do goodness, you shall reep greatly, but if you make others suffer for your gain, you will pay dearly.

10. profile image0

SOM. If Jesus allows me to get by with all my sins and bad behaviors and I don't even have to ask for forgiveness or repent, then why should I worry about Karma? No...it's obvious to me that if Jesus doesn't care about my sins then I shouldn't either

11. wqaindia profile image37
      wqaindiaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

C.J.
      I saw your comments on my response today.  It is coincidence that you similar reply s days ago. Some thing is common and that is - Speak Truth and Forget.

12. profile image0

Yes, my friend, the TRUTH is a constant companion...it does not change its ways or change its message. "The grass withers...the flowers fade, but the Word of God will stand forever" (Psalms). Why? Because one of the aspects of truth is consistency.

11. oceanuniverse profile image60
    oceanuniverseposted 11 years ago

Wow really good question here. Something we all want to know. This is a question I ask my self almost all the time-what is the truth? Well for one sometimes you can tell if a person is lying by body language-watching their eye movement. But maybe how their voice is when they are speaking, is it shaky, deep, low, and etc.
    Yet there are hundreds of truth's out there yet to be discovered and proven right. Some things are true while others have to be proven to be true. When it comes to history and science those are probably the hardest ones to say yes it is true or no it is not true. Its like they have to prove it first then say its true. It's like the Trojan War we know it is the truth because they did find the location of the war. Some things take a lot of work to find out the truth others are based on faith, some things you cannot prove.

12. philli profile image80
    philliposted 11 years ago

Truth is the absence of lies. I don't think the truth changes from person to person. Something is either true or it is not. If I am wearing a green shirt and say it is green, but my neighbor describes it as emerald it does not make my shirt any less green. Also, while we are on this point, I hate the term "half truth". If something is only half true how can it be considered "true"? It can't. A half truth is a whole lie.

Truth is truth and everything else is simply lies, theory or opinions.

1. profile image0

I couldn't agree with you more. :0)

2. Highvoltagewriter profile image66

Sadley we live in a world were it has become okay to lie....

13. CBartelmey profile image70
    CBartelmeyposted 11 years ago

I think there has always been and will always be truths to our existence, truths that underline the universe, but how we perceive those truths?  Well that would be the key.  I have said many times that the greatest advice I believe I could give would be to see things as they are, not as we begin to shape them as fall through the filters of our perception.  I think the best we can attempt to do is see through those filters, find those truths, and find those truths together.  Because if my truth, his truth, her truth and their truth never see eye to eye, forward progression may prove to be a difficult endeavor.  And given that the backbone of our species has always rested firmly on progression, perhaps even progression to finding the truth, one way or another I think that is a line that we will always follow.

And what is the best way to cut though those filters?

14. Taleb80 profile image79
    Taleb80posted 11 years ago

The truth is that we are nothing without God's support.

1. profile image0

Amen. As the Lord said, "You are the branch and I am the vine...without me you can do nothing."

2. Taleb80 profile image79
      Taleb80posted 11 years agoin reply to this

CJ Sledgehammer, correct.

15. profile image0
    Marliza Gunterposted 11 years ago

TTruth is a Spirit. This Spirit is a person. This Spirit consists of holyness and the primal source of life essence. His atoms are primarily of protons and vibrates at a speed faster than light. He consists of pure energy that is controled by His Will. His Will is always Good and will always seek to be praised and exalted as the one true God and creator of all mass and life. Before God created the earth and us, thre was no truth to worry about, thus He is the only answer.

1. profile image0

I really like where you are going with this, but does God really consist of atoms? :0)

2. profile image0
      Marliza Gunterposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Does lightning really consists of light?

3. Highvoltagewriter profile image66

Hello Marliza! You have knack to look "out side the Christian box"  as far as relating to spiritual things. Now is God composed of Atoms? I do not  know and yet I believe that He is way beyond anything that we can imagine. that what makes him God!

4. profile image0

Marliza: I do not know if lightning consists of light, but I do know when the static electricity is discharged...it gives off light. That still does not explain how God consists of atoms. I mean, He is spirit. So, are spirits comprised of atoms, too?

16. Deltachord profile image60
    Deltachordposted 11 years ago

The truth doesn't change from person to person. This idea is relativism gone wild and astray. Relativity is the province of physics not ethics or morals. Enstein thought the idea of connecting relativity to ethics was absurd.

17. bituinolayquizano profile image61
    bituinolayquizanoposted 11 years ago

I have two answer in you question.

ONE:Truth is something that nothing can prevail,break or change.Even it will be pass from one person to another it can never be constructed instead it would always remain the same which is the truth.

TWO:The truth is that we are all created by God for us to glorify and praise him and that someday he would come to take back the life he had given us.And on these days He would categorize us into two.Its how we used the life he had given us, wether we use it in a great cause or in a bad cause and when its all summed up now He decides wether we go Heaven or Hell.

1. profile image0

I applaud you for mentioning your belief in God on a couple of occasions already, but I have yet to hear whom you claim your God to be. You gave us a very good answer by the way. Thank you.

2. bituinolayquizano profile image61
      bituinolayquizanoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks well my God  in my belief is the God who created heaven,earth and so was everything in this world :-)...

3. profile image0

Yes, love, I understand that. But, does your Creator God have a name or any other way to identify Him? I truly am curious. :0)

Her name of god is no different than your name of your god CJ. Both your images of god is found in Dan 3:1-6.

5. profile image0

SOM...I want to hear what this young lady has to say. We already know that you follow a permissive, morally flexible, and confused "Jesus", so I'm just hoping this young lady can do better.

6. SwordofManticorE profile image70

Nothing confusing about my Jesus, because I follow the Gospel and Jesus that Paul brought us. Apparantly you do not. I think in the English bible I am supposed to let you be cursed in Gal 1:8. But I believe "anathema" means to be ignored. Nah I lik u

7. profile image0

SOM: I am not giving up on you. You have shown me that you misinterpret Scripture and this is the likely source of your confusion. Case in point: I Corinthians 15:22, you take to mean ALL people will be saved, but the verse says those "in Christ".

8. SwordofManticorE profile image70

B4 you attempt any thinking that I will go back to believing in church made fairy tales again. You waste your time. 2Cor 5 has freed me from that foolishness and I will never go back to it CJ. My Jesus will save all mankind as promised to Abraham.

9. profile image0

SOM... Do you live by the old law. Not the New covenant?

10. SwordofManticorE profile image70

I live by the new law.

11. profile image0

SOM: You said YOUR "Jesus" will save all mankind, but not the Jesus of the Bible. You used I Corinthians 15:22 as your definitive proof that ALL people will be saved. I Cor 15:23 says that Christ will come for His "firstfruits" and people of Christ.

12. SwordofManticorE profile image70

Paul spoke about Christ as the first fruit, The believers and then the great harvest of all the rest. The 3 festivals of Israel are symbolic to God,s plan for all. The passover(Christ) feast of Weeks (we believers) and the feast of Booths (the rest).

13. profile image0

SOM: The "first fruits" of I Corinthians 15:23 were those who were the faithful dead and then He took those "in Christ". Nowhere did it say Christ took the unfaithful or those "of the world". Passover only protected those under the blood of the Lamb.

14. SwordofManticorE profile image70

aparchE is a singular form. Not plural. It means that Christ is the firstfruit. Check it out for yourself here.

http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInte … /1co15.pdf

15. profile image0

SOM: Even if this verse describes Christ as the "first fruits", it does nothing to help your argument. It is clear that the people of Christ are to be taken...not those who are still living in sin. Indeed, all those who are "In Christ" shall be saved

16. SwordofManticorE profile image70

Everything God creats is for His purpose. He created the three festivals of Israel. I suggest you do some research on them and God willing, you will see the connection.

17. profile image0

SOM: Why should I care about Biblical festivals? In fact, why should I care about Scripture at all? As you have said, everyone will be saved in the end, so why not live for the day...eat...drink...and be merry? Why should I do any good at all?

18. SwordofManticorE profile image70

Follow your hearts desires CJ.Once I have learned God's plan for all, I desired to learn more about Him, and I have. What I do on these hubs I do not do for me, I do for Him. I never reply to compliments because what I have posted is not from me.

19. profile image0

SOM: If you know it or not...the Almighy will hold you accountable for what you teach in His name. As I have shown you, your misunderstanding of God's character and His message can lead people to a life of sin without remorse and without Godly fear.

20. SwordofManticorE profile image70

CJ, you make no sense at all now. I believe as I do and yet I enjoy living my life for Christ, so how do I lead people to live sinful when I live my life for Christ? I will not allow you to take my Joy of my God away with your legislating nature.

21. profile image0

SOM.... You just don't get it do you? What you are telling people is they can live like hell and still enter into the Kingdom of our God. And people who are striving to please God you may have wondering "Why am I wasting my time?" FALSE BELIEFS.

22. SwordofManticorE profile image70

J, you make false assumptions about me and my beliefs as always. I do nothing for me, as I do it for my Father. So many of you hell fire believers have said you would pray for me to come back and believe in hell, yet I still dont, Hmmm?

23. profile image0

As everything I comment on here is for the Father and to try and get people to see the way to Heaven, not an eternal existence in hell's fire.

24. SwordofManticorE profile image70

So what you are saying J is you are warning people about hell?

25. profile image0

No, I am telling them the good news of Jesus Christ and the way to salvation and an eternity in Heaven. If the accept Jesus (He did not die in vain) they will spend eternity in paradise. The non-believer  CANNOT DENY JESUS AND GET INTO HEAVEN.

26. SwordofManticorE profile image70

Then why concern yourself about my belief in hell?

27. profile image0

I don't. You have concerned yourself into everyone else's beliefs there is a hell.

28. SwordofManticorE profile image70

Then dont respond to my comments any more.

29. profile image0

SOM: I concern myself with your beliefs just like I concern myself with the "gay" movement, because you both want to infect others with your beliefs, hoping to sway the masses to your way of thinking. Like them - your belief is misguided & danger

30. SwordofManticorE profile image70

Nothing missguiding about telling Gays that God loves them. What I find missguiding is when you infect their ears with "repent or you will go to hell" and then end with "God loves you".  That turns them off and I dont blame them at all.

31. profile image0

SOM.... Don't worry..... Never again. Give me the same respect!

32. profile image0

SOM: It is misguided to tell gays that God loves them if you do not also tell them that their perverted lifestyle will lead them to eternal separation from Him. Anyway, back to the main point - there is no need for repentance if we are all saved.

33. SwordofManticorE profile image70

@CJ, Your seperation from God theology is so twisted. Psalms 139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. KJV.

So how is that hell preaching to gay people doing for you so far?

34. profile image0

Read Psalm 139 in its entirety and you will see that David is talking about his relationship with the Almighty and that God sees all and knows all. Now, as far as preaching to gays, it's our mandate to tell them the whole truth, not partial truths.

35. SwordofManticorE profile image70

That is not what David is saying.He is praising God, that even when he is in shoel (Dead), God will be with him. But you would have us believe that David was in hell.

18. braydonmoore profile image57
    braydonmooreposted 11 years ago

I think truth is conformity to reality or fact, to a ideal, steadfastness.
    It is the statement of belief.

So what is your personal truth? Good answer by the way!

19. wqaindia profile image37
    wqaindiaposted 11 years ago

Truth needs no proof. What is true today - it will remain true in the future as it was in the past. Truth never changes.

Speak Truth and Forget

1. profile image0

I like it!!!  :0)

I believe it was Albert Einstein who said (to the effect), "If you speak the truth...you don't have to remember anything."

20. profile image56
    buildyourhousesposted 11 years ago

we are the truth..anything you say or do nothing will change or hide it, that is truth, it can be twisted or played around in any form but it will always be retained to its original form. TRUTH.

21. Lady Guinevere profile image66
    Lady Guinevereposted 11 years ago

Every time that I post the truth of what their doctrine states, it gets deleted--no matter where I post it. It states that the clergy and parishioners shall be kept in the dark at all cots............at ALL COSTS! Other denominations also act this way. They don't want anyone to know the truth.

1. SwordofManticorE profile image70

You may post it on my hubs sister. regardless if we agree or not.

2. profile image0

Guinevere: I probably came in a little late in the discussion, but whose doctrine are you talking about?

22. algarveview profile image74
    algarveviewposted 11 years ago

Our own interpretation of the world. That being said there can be many truths.

I would like you to elaborate on what you said...I do believe that perception is the key. Two different people can  have two separate view even though they are given the same facts and information. I also believe their is a universal truth.

23. Apostle Jack profile image61
    Apostle Jackposted 11 years ago

The truth is what you can touch and feel in life.
    Truth, is a freedom of spirit to release the negativity of spirit therein.
    Truth is the result of evidence. It is what you see and know to be a fact.
    It is also the last thing to be thought about...but the first thing to be hope for.

Very in-depth answer...It appears you have thought this out vey well!

2. profile image0

The "Truth" is something that most people are not willing to accept and spend most of their lives evading. A wise man once said, "Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see." Therefore, even "objective" evidence is mostly subjective.

3. Apostle Jack profile image61

Thanks for the comment fellows, and your added knowledge to my comment.
      @Highvoltagewriter I live by the truth my friend, that is why i know it so well. I stay away from Santa Claus,fairy tails,cartoons and any fiction of  this sin infested world.

One man's truth is another man's lie Jack.

5. Apostle Jack profile image61

@ Sword ..The truth is never a lie,it is just looked at the wrong way.
      When you don't see what you see...then you are a lie..for seeing is believing. And one can not say that you did not see what you saw.
      But some will doubt anyway.

24. itzewrgurl profile image40
    itzewrgurlposted 11 years ago

Well according to me truth is something which actually happens because usually 10 people will narrate 10 different stories of 1 incident so in that circumstances it is difficult to find out truth but  generally at the bottom of everyone heart's they know that what actually happened and what they are exaggerated. SO, in short truth is something which everyone feels is true from the bottom of their heart if they feel that something is wrong or false then that is not truth according to them it just varies from person to person.

25. Useray profile image72
    Userayposted 11 years ago

I try to differentiate between fact and truth. Fact is the current state of things, truth is the reality thereof.

The fact is I am sick in body, the truth is by the stripes of Jesus I am healed!

Amen! I a may quote you in future hub if that would be okay.

2. Useray profile image72
      Userayposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely friend.. all for the good fight..

26. mintinfo profile image63
    mintinfoposted 11 years ago

The only truth in the world is Numbers. Have you ever heard the saying "numbers never lie"? The most important number is zero. It is the source of all the other numbers and represents the same process that existence was created. The frequency of each number thereafter manifests in reality as a color. But numbers are only the base like elements form compounds. Compounds can be corrupted, elements cannot.

27. profile image53
    mwendwa Mutisoposted 11 years ago

Truth is verifiable fact. Truth does not change from person to person. Truth exists even beyond our sights. we can not limit truth to what we see. Truth has a universal aspect and it remains the same at all times. It changes not.

Very well said, one of the best answers I have read so far...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)