What is your understanding of Hell based upon your readings of the Bible?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (124 posts)
  1. calynbana profile image77
    calynbanaposted 11 years ago

What is your understanding of Hell based upon your readings of the Bible?

Do you differentiate between Sheol, Hades and Gehenna?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 11 years ago

From my studying of the bible, the "under earth" is hell. This is why Christ did not die in vain. His sacrifice was to save our souls from hell if we choose to accept him as our personal "savior." Many argue there is no hell. The lake of fire is where the devil and his demons along with those judged by God, who haven't accepted Jesus as their savior, will be cast into for eternity. Yes, God has given us free will as to choose which path will be taken. Accept Christ and live a life striving to please God, we will spend eternity in paradise. The other road is the road more often taken.

1. Disappearinghead profile image61
      Disappearingheadposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So the Father's love is unconditional on the condition that we love Jesus?

2. SwordofManticorE profile image70
      SwordofManticorEposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Good question DH

3. calynbana profile image77
      calynbanaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Father's love is unconditional. But he allows us to make our own choices. We get to choose to be with God, or separated from Him. He will give us what we choose.

4. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 11 years agoin reply to this

AMEN caly!!

5. SwordofManticorE profile image70

Every knee will bow and tongue confess that Christ is Lord.

6. profile image0

SOM.. Read the whole chapter.

7. SwordofManticorE profile image70

Dont talk to me J. I am not interested in anything you have to say or print. My comment was directed to calynbana

8. calynbana profile image77

SoM we are commanded to attempt to solve our problems with our brothers and sisters. Also explain to me how Christ did not die in vain if everybody is destined for heaven.

9. profile image0

LOL.... SOM.. You are commenting on my answer?

10. Disappearinghead profile image61

@Caly,
      How did Jesus die in vain if his death made it a certainty that everyone is destined for Heaven? If rejecting Jesus is a sin, then how is that one and only sin excluded from his forgiveness?

11. SwordofManticorE profile image70

TY DH.

12. profile image0

Denying Jesus is blasphemy. The only unforgivable sin.

13. Disappearinghead profile image61

JT. That's not what Jesus said. He said that speaking against him or the Father would be forgiven , but not speaking against the HS ("in this age or the age after". What ages he was referring to is a matter of debate.) .

14. profile image0

Let me rephrase that DH.... Denying the Holy Spirit is blasphemy, the only unforgivable sin... in which means when you deny him, you are not saved from hell.

15. Disappearinghead profile image61

No Jesus didn't say denying the HS was blasphemy either. He specifically was referring to thePharisees who claimed that the works of the HS manifest by Jesus was evil.

16. profile image0

DH.. You simply cannot deny blasphemy is the only unforgivable sin. It doesn't need to be said. What is the only thing that can send one to hell? Not accepting Jesus into their hearts through the Holy Spirit "Blasphemy" will send u 2 hell. Plainly st

17. SwordofManticorE profile image70

DH, ignore the foolish responces of foolish people. Their belief of hell is tatood into the minds. You can lead a horse to water, but you cant make it think.

18. profile image0

Som..... LOL..... You just can't stand to be wrong. Your insults and your childish temperament are laughable. Read Matt. 12 P.S. That is spelled "responses"

19. calynbana profile image77

Okay let me ask you this, is there a point to the Great commission then? Should we bother to evangelize?

20. profile image0

Great question cally!!

21. SwordofManticorE profile image70

@ Caly. The answer is yes. Back then when the apostles were spreading the real good news, they freed them from their pagan beliefs, Freed them from the fear of death, and to show the gentiles the true glory of our Father.

22. calynbana profile image77

Matthew 7:21 - Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

23. profile image0

@ Deborah..... The oldest translations of the bible are written in Greek. The entire NT was actually written in Greek

3. Ericdierker profile image44
    Ericdierkerposted 11 years ago

The scriptures are very clear that there is a Hell. The scriptures describe hell metaphorically. I believe the scriptures make clear that you do not want to go to this place called hell. The worst scenario of hell is conjured up in your mind, therefore it was always taught in metaphor, with the most salient point being no hope.

4. SwordofManticorE profile image70
    SwordofManticorEposted 11 years ago

The word hell has replaced the Hebrew word pit, and shoel which means the grave and the state of death. and in the Greek text, it has replaced Gehenna, hades and tarturus. All three have different meanings. Gehenna is symbolic for God's wrath of Judah which took place AD70. Hades is greek for Shoel, and tarurus was symbolically used for the prison the fallen angels went that were disobedient in Gen 6. The early Christians during the times of the apostles believed in the gospel of Universal salvation of all mankind. Paul who brought the gospel to the gentiles never warned them about the fires of Gehenna let alone a place called hell. Augustine of hippo used pagan beliefs with his interpretation of scripture in Latin around AD400 and it was about AD500 when the catholic church adopted this doctrine which should of died with him. Rome became very powerful and wealthy with the use of the doctrine of hell over the western and eastern nations. Shortly afterwards, the Christian world fell into the dark ages. Was that a coincident? Btw, the Norse pagan goddess of the underworld was called hel.

1. Emanate Presence profile image70
      Emanate Presenceposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sword. it is interesting to read your informed points. You have also said what I would have replied, in essence. The original words translated 'hell' are either mundane or symbolic. The concept of hell was used by the church to gain power over minds.

2. TerryK81 profile image60
      TerryK81posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ding ding ding!! we have a winner!

5. snerfu profile image69
    snerfuposted 11 years ago

It is the wrong side of the line mathematically for those who follow some principles, and it is those things that are whispered, gossiped because they cannot see the light of day (Jesus, who lives and reigns forever). It is also an excuse for the weak minded who say, let my time come. Cling to the Bible, do not worry about what has been deleted or what you do not understand. It is the only way I believe in. It has never guided me wrong.

6. platinumOwl4 profile image73
    platinumOwl4posted 11 years ago

Based on what most people read or claim they read, the King James Version. Not a version that come from the prophets of god but a version that is derived from the manipulations of many original transcripts and a variety of scholars. Heaven and Hell or states of consciousness. There are answers in the bible but you must read with a discerning eye for the truth. Based on James 1 lifestyle I don't have any trust in the truth of his version, but the scholars were able to hide certain truths in plain sight.

7. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 11 years ago

Hell in Hebrew has always been the grave. When Jonah was in the belly of the Whale he called it hell and he meant his grave or tomb.
    Jonah 2:2
    And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the Lord, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice.

1. profile image0

Wasn't he just using a idiom. Comparing his situation to hell?

2. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

No Jonah thought he would die and described the whale's belly as hell (his grave)

3. profile image0
      SirDentposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Jonah disobeyed God and even went the opposite way than the one God wanted him to go. Look, Jonah died while in the belly of the whale.  He cried out from hell, which is death, and God heard him and brought him back to life.

4. profile image0

Amen Sir!!

5. profile image0

When he called the whale's belly, hell, he was not dead. Hell is the grave according to the Hebrew scripture.

6. profile image0

The bible was written in Greek.

7. Disappearinghead profile image61

Sir Dent, Jonah could not have been dead as Ecclesiastes explicitly states that in death there is no thought or action and the dead know nothing. Thus he was not dead.

JT, the Hebrew scriptures were written in Hebrew.

8. profile image0

I wonder how many people can survive in the belly of any animal?  Stomach acid alone would kill a man in probably less than a minute.

9. profile image0

DH... I meant to say the NT. But, also a great deal of the OT

10. TerryK81 profile image60

The grave, or "hell" as translated from the Greek, IS a dark place, and it most likely smells bad do to the decay of it's occupant...

11. profile image0

No JT none of the OT was written in Greek. It was written in Hebrew/ Aramaic.
      You look kind of silly now.

12. profile image0

Yes, it was Deborah. Look it up. Greek and Aramaic.

13. profile image0

No it wasn't JThomp42, the old testament is Hebrew and was written in Hebrew/Aramaic. It doesn't contain one speck of  Greek. Although some Latin was inserted in a couple of places in the English Old Testament.
      The Tanakh (JewishBible) was complete

14. profile image0

I stand corrected...... The new testament was written in Greek.

8. profile image0
    SirDentposted 11 years ago

How many times has this question been answered?  Makes no difference how well you answer a question.  What most want is to hear that they answered it right.

Hell is the place of the dead.  However, not all who die are dead.  The rich man lifted up his eyes in hell.  Those in hell are able to see.  Being tormented.  Hell has torment.

Many say God can't love if He allows a person to go into such a place as hell.  Everyone has a choice to make in the matter and it actually depends upon the person of they go to hell or not. 

For those who end up there, don't blame God for your decision.  He did everything  for your good and to make a way out for YOU.

The rich man also tried to get Abraham to let Lazarus go back and tell his brothers not to come to this awful place.  Abraham replied, "Though someone is raised from the dead, they will not believe it."  Guess what?  Abraham was right.  Jesus raised from the dead and they still won't believe.

1. SwordofManticorE profile image70

i find your interpretation of Luke 16 carnal.

2. Disappearinghead profile image61

Sir Dent. 'The Rich Man and Lazarus' was a parable. That is, it was not a literal account about a literal rich man or a man called Lazarus. Just as a woman didn't really loose a coin and invite her friends around for a party to celebrate finding it.

3. profile image0

Well Sword, I guess Jesus didn't mean it when he said where their worm does not die and the is not quenched.   Well, I suppose that was a GOTCHA moment.

4. SwordofManticorE profile image70

Dont be so quick to boast. He was referring to the fires of gehenna. He told the pharisees that their bodies will not rest in Hebron when they die, they will be killed and dumped in gehenna to rot like common criminals filled with maggots.

5. profile image0

DH, Jesus always spoke truth.  He never spoke idle words and fables.  What would be the point in speaking of the rich man lifting up his eyes in hell being full of torment, if he wasn't speaking truth?

6. Funom Makama 3 profile image65
      Funom Makama 3posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Rev 21: 8
      But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

7. SwordofManticorE profile image70

@FM, is that your evidence for a place of eternal torture? What kind of a god do worship?

8. calynbana profile image77

SoM I think the more important question is which God do you worship? Is it the God revealed through careful reading of the scripture, or a god molded through your belief of who God should be, based on emotions and a sense moral superiority?

9. SwordofManticorE profile image70

I worship my Father. He is perfect love and unfailing. He loves all what He has created and will greet all with love. Your god is a tyrant of a monster no different than the pagan god molech (Dan 3:1-6)

10. calynbana profile image77

Matthew 7:21
      The God that I worship is very different from Molech. He is real for one. I have to wonder if you have read the OT all the way through. Have you, recently read the OT all the way through?

11. SwordofManticorE profile image70

Thats your problem there, the kingdom of heaven or God is in us and around us. The early Christians showed the world this kingdom with love to new beleivers. It is not someplace where we all go when we die. You worship an idol of wrath

12. Ericdierker profile image44
      Ericdierkerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sir, If I preached 10,000 days I could not include all the good news of faith in Christ. Why would I want to preach, OT suggestions of hell for a horrible group of sinners, to children of God today. I am worried for Christianity. If you are right.

13. calynbana profile image77

God has not changed throughout the ages. The God depicted in the OT is the same God depicted in the NT. We need to understand the OT and the NT to fully appreciate the Good News. How you can read Matthew alone and not realize that Jesus is a judge?

14. SwordofManticorE profile image70

The gosple saved the pagan from their fears of death, Did Paul go to the gentiles and say that they were saved from hell if the except Christ? No! Did those in the colliseum fear the coming death or persecute their killers? No!

15. calynbana profile image77

What does John the Baptizer mean when he said Jesus will bring the wheat into his barn and burn the chaff? What did Jesus mean when he said not everybody who calls lord will see the kingdom of heaven? Why do the disciples say repent, then baptized?

16. SwordofManticorE profile image70

my last comment to you caly. study the 4 gosples, malache, dan 9 and then read about the jewish wars. you may find your answer to your question.

17. calynbana profile image77

Last comment? Was Jay correct in saying you cut off communication when questioned? If everybody is going to see heaven, then there is absolutely no reason to live up to any morals. No reason to be good. No reason to follow Christ.

18. Ericdierker profile image44

This one is strange to me. I do not believe because I am afraid of hell. Really people do that?

19. SwordofManticorE profile image70

Then what is the sense of warning unbelievers about hell?

20. Ericdierker profile image44

Got me there SOM. Do people really scare other people into believing in Love.

21. SwordofManticorE profile image70

How do you scare people into believing in love? Another thing, if someone worships God only to avoid going to hell, is he still saved?

22. Ericdierker profile image44

Well SOM, your question would fit into my understanding of hell. No joy, no hope, no love, no faith.

23. SwordofManticorE profile image70

Eric, that made no sense at all.

24. calynbana profile image77

I don't understand the last bunch of comments. I don't think disbelief in Hell would lead people to disbelief in Christianity. Although it would create scriptural conflicts. Personally, I lean towards annihilationism but I am still researching.

25. Disappearinghead profile image61

@caly. How does annihilation demonstrate a loving Father? Would you put someone to death for stealing a beer? Eye for an eye shows that punishment fits the crime. No Earthly crime or finite sin warrants annihilation.

26. calynbana profile image77

The Bible does say eternal life to those who have faith in Jesus as Christ, and death to those who choose to be separated. I admit I like this position because of I find it easier to stomach than eternal suffering.As I said I am still researching.

27. SwordofManticorE profile image70

Caly, does it not say that every knee shall bow and tongue confess that Christ is Lord? Or do you believe that after they do these things, they will then be destroyed?

28. calynbana profile image77

So then each of us will give an account of himself to God.  Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life. Cherries.

29. SwordofManticorE profile image70

Christ was referring to the destruction of Jerusalem and the end of the old covenant. The word eternal is not written in both hebrew or greek. Aionios means "age", not eternal or everlasting or what ever words you use.

30. TerryK81 profile image60

"Hell" is from the greek and translate "grave". What u say is not according to bible context. Genesis 3:19. How can u be dead and yet burn somewhere? Really. I dont want no "best answer" but read the bible and its translations

31. calynbana profile image77

I am aware that I did not give context, that is what I was referring to when I said cherries. I was making a point based upon previous conversations with SoM. I was purposely cherry picking to show that without context you can make any point you want

32. SwordofManticorE profile image70

well your attempt failed

33. Ericdierker profile image44

No it did not fail. It must have gone over your head SOM ;-)

34. SwordofManticorE profile image70

Then prove it Eric

35. profile image0

Amen Caly. Amen.

36. SwordofManticorE profile image70

Ah, the hell wishers gather like wolves ready for its prey. Bring it on.

37. calynbana profile image77

Where is this combative, hostile attitude coming from? We are siblings in Christ, we may disagree with what the Bible says about Hell but we all believe in Christ. We should be able to have civil conversation with hostility and name calling.

38. profile image0

Caly my friend, I have tried. He refuses?

39. SwordofManticorE profile image70

It is the same hostile attitude Christ had for the Pharisees who he loved but still concidered them His enemies. As you three are my enemies as well. You also happen to be enemies of the cross, as your hell belief makes it a failure.

40. SwordofManticorE profile image70

Live with it. I had to deal with hateful comments in the past by your ilk.

41. profile image0

SOM.... Christ may have had enemies, but in his heart he did not consider them so. He loved all. Forgive them Father; they know not what they do.

42. calynbana profile image77

Sword I feel that your approach to the topic has not been about learning, or sharing scriptural knowledge. It has been about being right, and about determining who agrees and who is against you. It needs to stop being about you.

43. SwordofManticorE profile image70

My approach is to free those from this pagan hell belief and to expose those determined to believe, endorse and defend this evil doctrine.

44. calynbana profile image77

If that were true then you would not refuse to explain yourself when people ask. You would not delete opposing views. You would share your beliefs in love rather than judgement and hostility. I truly believe you need a heart check.

45. profile image0

SOM..... And those who disagree? I'm not the only one who's answers you delete. Why do this?

46. SwordofManticorE profile image70

Let us get something straight. J is a pathedic hub stalker who knows full well that I dont want to hear his opinion. He is a hypocrite that started by deleting my posts a month ago, asked me not to post anymore and now he plays the victom. Pathedic!

47. profile image0

Those are completely false accusations and I have never commented on one single hub you have ever written SOM. Why must you tell these untruths? Why am I a hypocrite?

48. calynbana profile image77

Is that comment loving or at all constructive? What should be done about your qualms with J? The Bible is clear about what we should do when issues come up with our brothers in Christ.

49. Ericdierker profile image44

Sword man, you teach from logic about passion. Personally I agree with you but my churches and religions want this place called hell.
      How are we to deal with that?

50. SwordofManticorE profile image70

I see who you have sided with caly. J believes in your foolishness and you his. There will come a day when more will walk away from your pagan beliefs. And know who God truly is.

51. profile image0

SOM... I do not feel as though I need to defend myself just because I disagree with you. My body of work on here and other's who have friended me on here know my character and it is very far from what you think. This name calling is just childish.

52. SwordofManticorE profile image70

Confront them with their congregation and hold no punches back. Ask them the same questions I asked here in hubs and some will see the logic in them. When I call someone an enemy, it is not with the sword in hand, but with a cotton ball.

53. calynbana profile image77

You are not hearing me. I am not siding with anybody. I am asking you to check the way you communicate. I do not think that anybody looking in would be able to tell you are a Christian from your recent comments.

54. SwordofManticorE profile image70

I could care less what anyone thinks about me. And you can tell your friend J that he wastes his time writting, because I ignore all his posts..

55. profile image0

SOM.... I will continue to pray for you. I have said enough.

56. calynbana profile image77

If you could care less then that means you care to a degree. You should care. When so many of your siblings are telling you the same thing it should be something worth deeply considering and praying about.

57. SwordofManticorE profile image70

Have you not read anything I have posted. I concider you the enemy of the cross and I dont take direction from my enemies. There is nothing you can say about hell that will change anything about my beliefs and the way I discuss with you.

58. profile image0

Enemies of the cross? WOW........

59. calynbana profile image77

I am not talking to you about Hell right now Sword. I am talking about attitude, and love. Eph 4:29 and Col 4:6 are speaking to what I am trying to point out. We need to have a balance of truth and grace in our speech. The love should be obvious.

60. SwordofManticorE profile image70

Caly, it does not matter what you or your friend J do. I will always question the stupidy of the belief of eternal torture. Hopefully someone with common sense will wake up and see the lodgic in all the questions I ask. I have hundreds more.

61. calynbana profile image77

I no longer care what your beliefs on Hell are. I do not even have a solid understanding of Hell myself, I am still researching. What I care about is following the commandments of our Lord. Love people. Where is that love? That love is more important

62. SwordofManticorE profile image70

You assume way too much caly

9. TerryK81 profile image60
    TerryK81posted 11 years ago

My underdstanding of hell based upon the bible is this. Firstly, "sheol" is found in the bible 65 times; it is translated "the pit", 3 times, "the grave" 31 times, and "hell" 31 times. "Hades" is used 11 times, being rendered as "hell" 10 times, and "grave" once. Due to the apparent misunderstanding and translations of these words in the bible, there has been huge confusion about what "hell" and "grave" are. Hell being a place of eternal infernal torture was invented by the Catholic church, as in the days of it's "invention" was what the church considered "heretics", or those who defy the church's authority and challenge their "beliefs" as to the fact of them not being biblical at all whatsoever. We should first give our attention to the greek word "gehenna" which is always translated "hell" and used in reference to the lake of fire. It is found in Matthew 5:22,29,30, Matthew 10:28, Matthew 18:9, Matthew 23:15,33, Mark 9:43,45,47 , Luke 12:5 and James 3:6.
    Also, before going further, let's notice a very simple, yet obviously easily overlooked truth: "Then death and hades (the grave) were cast into the lake of fire, which is the second DEATH". (Revelation 20:14). Death: it sucks, but it is a state of total obliviousness and unconsciousness (see Ecclesiastes 9:5-6, Genesis 3:19). **I did a hub about death and hell, check it out. it's all bible based complete with every verse I could find**. Hell, or as translated "death,grave" was originally prepared for satan and his band of fallen angels (Matthew 25:41) While there is NOBODY in any burning hell at this time, or any purgatory, some still refuse to believe that is true; But plain bible scripture is right there to prove you otherwise. Afterall, how could you be dead yet "alive" to burn in hell at the same time? You would have to be alive to feel and experience the pain of "soul and body" in hell.  "For as the body without the spirit (soul) is dead., so faith without works is dead also." (James 2:26). Bingo! According to the infallible Word of God, neither soul (spirit) nor body are alive without the other; Therefore, the lie that certain ministers preach from the pulpit that the dearly departed are in eternal bliss or eternal torment is absolute horse-poo. punish-MENT; tor-MENT...the "-ment" is defined as thus: "the RESULT of what is denoted by the verb" (Wiktionary). But, this is the clear understanding as given by the bible. I believe it because God said it.

1. celafoe profile image54
      celafoeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

you were sounding good until i got to the part where you injected the false story of satan being a fallen agel.  so i cant read past the error

Satan is a fallen angel; he chose to rebel in heaven. And i DO NOT CARE if you believe me-- its GOD u should believe.

3. SwordofManticorE profile image70

I have to agree with celafoe

10. profile image53
    Ronald Bristonposted 11 years ago

Nobody knows their fate after they are gone, we can only live on faith while we are still here. Hell is not a place to be depicted, in fact there's actually 9 levels of hell that are categorized as followed: Limbo, the lustful, the gluttonous, the hoarders and the spendthrifts, The Wrathful, The Heretics, The Violent, The Malabolgia (fraud), and the Traitors. Outside of this there is a more complex view of hell in my opinion, one that we all can bare witness too. Hell, and i hate to say this, is actually on earth. This is the devils land and God is the ruler of the heavens. Yes, God created earth which makes him king, but when Lucifer was cast out of the heavens he became prince of the land we call earth. OK with that being said lets think about the issues that influences this thought. Through out history there has been a battle of good and evil, ever since Adam and Eve. If we travel through our history we can note that there has been tons of blood spilt on the land we call earth. Majority of it is because of religion, ranging from World Wars, Hitler, Rome, Africa, Iraq, Japan, etc. some in fact has left a dent of mass murders in our history. Now, with that said, lets think about the actions of that people do in the dark, in reference to the killing of kids, gangs, rapist, molestation, suicides, and the list goes on. Just a brief 1% evaluation of hell on earth, so why should we worry about hell after death, when we wake up everyday to more devilish movements. Back to my earlier discussion about satin being the prince of the earth. Satin moves and travels through different people that are weak, manipulating them into his workers. Now, lets look at our earth, Satin shows us a pretty picture doesn't he. People who drive fancy cars, have lots of money, riches all the stuff we see on TV is to misguide us from our true purpose and that is to follow the rules that God has giving to us. Now its OK to be successful in the lords name because we all know we live in a world that Money is the key to survival, but don't take your focus off of him because he makes everything possible. Satin doesn't want God to get credit for nothing in fact he thinks he is more powerful than the, so what he does is try and make it look like heaven on earth, that everything we want and need is here. This way of trickery like the joker in batman causes us to get comfortable with worldly objects and forget who we are supposed to be worshiping. Therefore, adding to the population in hell.

You have been watching dante's inferno way too much.

there is no hell right now; "hell" is "grave' in greek; there are not 9 levels; dante's inferno is a rip-off of god of war.

3. celafoe profile image54
      celafoeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

nice story if like stories rather than scriptural truth

11. celafoe profile image54
    celafoeposted 11 years ago

according to scripture   hell is the place of the departed dead --
    The lake of fire is different and the devil and all his angels and those who belong to him will be cast into it on the great day of judgement
    sheol and hades = hell
    gehenna = lake of fire

12. yankeeintexas profile image61
    yankeeintexasposted 11 years ago

As I read the Bible the message that I get of Hell is that is was origionally created for Satan, and his angels due to their rebelion. But, when man sinned in the Garden of Eden that sin could not enter into Heaven which is why Jesus had to die on the cross. When we choose to reject sin, and except Christ, that sin is washed away and we can then enter into Heaven!

So God in His infinite wisdom did not forsee that most of mankind would also end up there?

God- I will make a hell for  my fallen angels.
      Adam sins
      God- now I have to throw most of my children there too.
      God- Why didnt I see that coming?

13. manatita44 profile image72
    manatita44posted 11 years ago

Cosmic law will punish us for our wrong actions. Actually we are working out some of them right now. This is tied up with destiny or fate. When we leave here we will have to experience some 'states of consciousness' for some time prior to going into the Soul's region. All souls eventually go to the soul region.

Heaven and hell are states of consciousness. A good action imitates heaven, a bad action imitates hell. Hell can be said to be lots of bad actions or accumulated bad actions. Ultimately, everyone goes to God, after having experienced the consequences of his her actions in equal measure.

1. aCHANCELifeLOR profile image60
      aCHANCELifeLORposted 11 years agoin reply to this

ok?

14. mizwoody profile image58
    mizwoodyposted 11 years ago

God did not create hell the church de to scare people in being good. God only left the possibility open for it. And one must believe in hell to go there.

Well said.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)