What is your favorite craft project that you do for relaxation?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (22 posts)
  1. jaydene profile image61
    jaydeneposted 11 years ago

What is your favorite craft project that you do for relaxation?

2. Stina Caxe profile image81
    Stina Caxeposted 11 years ago

I used to paint in watercolors a lot to help relieve my stress.

jaydeneposted 11 years agoin reply to this

excellent,  I believe in painting for stress relief, thanks Stina Caxe

3. lburmaster profile image74
    lburmasterposted 11 years ago

Calligraphy for when I need to calm down a bit. It helps take my mind off all distractions because it requires a lot of attention. But handstitching is my favorite because it is entirely relaxing. My mother prefers scrapbooking, but I only help her out once a year.

Hi Iburmaster,  i like the idea that crafts and hobbies do provide a focus, and a distraction. getting our minds on something else , thank you for your answer:)

4. Saydre profile image61
    Saydreposted 11 years ago

I like things that are portable, so usually I crochet. I find if I can distract my mind I feel much better.

thanks Saydre,  crochet is so tiny and intricate if you use the fine cotton. 
      that is great that you can do this smile

5. sdemato profile image62
    sdematoposted 11 years ago

I knit Ruffle Scarves to help me relax.  I find that the dexterity of knitting, joined with the simplicity of making a ruffle scarf proves relaxing.

hI Sdemato,   those are lovely, i  have one of those, they are very warm, that is a great idea for relaxing.    thanks

2. sdemato profile image62
      sdematoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome!

6. Cordelia Bay profile image59
    Cordelia Bayposted 11 years ago

My favorite craft project is taking absolutely nothing and turning it into something that can add character to the rest of my collection. Just simply using my imagination and creativity to bring character and design to something that I feel needs a touch to bring everything together!

It seems  that you have a gift for creating, that is neat. thanks smile

7. Sharkye11 profile image91
    Sharkye11posted 11 years ago

I love a variety of arts and crafts for relaxation! I like the satisfaction of sewing, but for complete de-stressing I opt for either embroidery or drawing. They are both similar in that the mind can wander comfortably at the same time that something permanent is being created. I also crochet, paint, craft, and doing woodburning. Woodburning is so intricate that you have to focus completely...it is great for relaxing and taking the mind off of everyday troubles!

Isn't it wonderful that when we become artistic, our minds can really focus on what we are doing, and that helps to get our minds off our troubles.  you have really neat crafts that you do, I like the way that you see you are making a keeper item.smile

8. Little Grandmommy profile image60
    Little Grandmommyposted 11 years ago

I crochet.  It's very therapeutic and relaxing.  There is something very homey and comforting about it.  And I am always making something that someone in the family has asked me for which makes it all the better.  Learned how over 40 years ago.  Now, it's like an old friend to me.  Nothing better when it's winter to sit curled up under a throw with hot tea and the cat laying next to me and crocheting to get my feel good back.

Awww what a wonderful idea, sounds comforting for sure smile

9. Amanda108 profile image85
    Amanda108posted 11 years ago

I knit on a round loom. Once I've settled into the main part of the project the pattern repeats itself and I can listen to TV at the same time while settling into a rhythm.

nice, that sounds interesting, and it`s nice to be able to work on autopilot, so to speak, thank you for responding.

10. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 11 years ago

my favorite craft projects are making greeting cards. Most of my friends and family members appreciate these handmade cards. You can see them in my hubs.

making cards is a lot of fun, I find it so creative,   i wrote about e cards and paper cards, http://www.squidoo.com/are-paper-greeti … ir-way-out
        and I think paper cards will always be an art:)

11. CraftyMcClever profile image60
    CraftyMcCleverposted 11 years ago

I love to paint and sculpt the world around me into mix media pop out art. It lets me relax and forget about things a little bit.

Hi Crafty McClever,   thank you for coming in to share, that sounds like a wonderful  craft,  I can see why it would take your mind of things. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)