As a Christian, how do you respond to reports of UFOs and supposed alien abducti

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Unabridged profile image61
    Unabridgedposted 11 years ago

As a Christian, how do you respond to reports of UFOs and supposed alien abductions?

2. X-Con profile image68
    X-Conposted 11 years ago

I don't pay much attention to them. I think that they are either a hoax or demonic deception. Jesse Ventura did a good segment about them on Conspiracy Theory. You could watch it on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Nnrx2O15yE

1. celafoe profile image54
      celafoeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

right on

3. profile image0
    lesliebyarsposted 11 years ago

That's a great question but I believe UFO's are an invention of people but Christianity came from God.

4. Kejanny profile image83
    Kejannyposted 11 years ago

As a Christian, I don't think there are other human beings with flesh and blood on another planet or galaxy.  I believe what the Bible says, that the highest heavens belongs to God but the earth He has given to the sons of man.  I think the reports of UFOs and aliens are demons on missions, stepping up their activities and assignments as their times are running out fast.  If not, they are imaginations of fearful minds.

5. sonfollowers profile image79
    sonfollowersposted 11 years ago

While the Bible is the love letter and one written message to us here on Earth from our Heavenly Father, an enormous amount of detail about the universe is completely missing from its pages.  It wasn't intended to be Encyclopedia Britannica.  The Bible communicates the message from God that He wanted and needed to communicate to us, with some historical background and interesting tidbits thrown in.  Moses completely forgot to write about the dinosaurs, so are we to assume that dinosaurs never existed because he left them out of the story?  It simply wasn't an important detail.  Regarding aliens and such, my answer is "who cares."  If God, who is so enormously vast we have no hope of successfully comprehending his scope and power, decided to create thousands of other worlds that he could manage at the same time, why would that be a problem for me?  Should I ever bump into one of these characters one day, perhaps we could compare notes.  I choose not to put God in a box.  What I know for sure is that He loves me and sent His Son to die for me (and you as well).  Outside of that, discussion of aliens is pure conjecture on all sides until someone finally meets one (or until I go to heaven and can ask Him myself face to face).

6. lone77star profile image73
    lone77starposted 11 years ago

UFO means "unidentified flying object,"  -- not -- "alien spacecraft."

Once identified, the object could be anything -- from hallucination or Venus to "alien spacecraft." But please don't confuse UFO with "alien spacecraft," because while the UFO remain unidentified, it remains only a UFO.

As far as alien spacecraft and abductions, I'm entirely open to that possibility.

In everything, I try to remain humble and not a "know-it-all." I keep working at it.

The film, "Fire in the Sky" tells a compelling story of one man's experiences. I once lived not far from there, in Northern Arizona.

Could they be demons as Brie suggests? Possibly. Could they consist of many groups, some benign or even holy and others sinister? That's also a possibility.

We were each created in God's image and likeness. We have to remember that God is not Homo sapiens! That should tell you a lot.

But what I discovered in Genesis has opened up my mind to a great many possibilities. Noah's Flood cured humanity of a crime, but what was that crime? What kind of wickedness and violence has man been cured of?

I discovered a new timeline compatible with those of science, but it also reveals from science the target of the Flood -- Neanderthal and their hybrid children with humans. They were a threat to God's plan, because they would've prevented man from creating civilization and philosophical-religious thought.

It made me wonder if the tests supposedly carried out by aliens on humans is part of God's monitoring our species to ensure that the little remaining Neanderthal DNA did not become a problem.

But then again, there may be no aliens in the entire universe. I wonder.

7. SwordofManticorE profile image68
    SwordofManticorEposted 11 years ago

I dont believe in aliens from outerspace, nor do I believe in the demon ufo. If there are flying objects that are strange to us, I believe they are man made secret aircrafts.

8. profile image0
    Rayne123posted 11 years ago

HI, I never believed in UFO's. As a matter of fact I seen a program on how false prophecies fooled the public with crop circles/how they were done.

I think it is more important to believe in the prophecies in the bible. No where does God ever mention UFO's to that extend.

I think it may be a way for false reports to surface such as fame and fortune kind of thing.

Alien abductions I never believed in either. I think it may very well be a dream one has/had.

I believe that satan is here and trying to lure us into thinking he is God as prophesied in the bible. Hence the "mark of the beast" the chip

I think all this false info is the work of satan that is about to be revealed.

9. profile image0
    Deepes Mindposted 11 years ago

I simply shrug my shoulders and say "ok"

10. Disappearinghead profile image60
    Disappearingheadposted 11 years ago

I'm not convinced by alien abduction tales. The human mind is a wonderful thing but is easily deceived and capable of filling in gaps with its own inventions.

I do not believe the 'aliens are demons' theory because I do not believe demons exist. The Hebrew Scriptures make no mention of demons so either, God forgot to tell us about them for 4000 years, or they weren't invented until 400 BC.

Does intelligent life exist elsewhere? I don't see why not. The bible tells us nothing about dinosaurs after all.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)