Who was the weirdest person you were compared to?

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (46 posts)
  1. kallini2010 profile image78
    kallini2010posted 11 years ago

Who was the weirdest person you were compared to?

Maybe the weirdest should not be the person, but comparison itself.  I was compared to Lady Gaga or Evita Peron.  I look somewhat like Karishma Kapoor.  But last week, my new acquaintance told me that I remind her of Boris Yeltsin.  I could not think of anything more random or weird or both.  Other than just both of us being Russian...  She said Yeltsin was better-looking than Gorbatchev.  I don't want to look like any of them.  I am not quite sure was is a compliment or an invitation for a fight?  What is your story? Please share.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7890312_f260.jpg

2. c mark walker profile image60
    c mark walkerposted 11 years ago

Samwise Gangee simply because I'm fat,and short and have hair on my toes....oh dadgum

3. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 11 years ago

Years ago I was told that I looked like Doug Llewellyn (the then-current host/commentator on "The People's Court")...apparently we had a similar hair do.

In college when I was wearing my hair long, some folks told me I looked like Dave Pirner, lead singer of Soul Asylum. He was definitely cooler than Doug Llewellyn so I could live with that. smile

4. kittythedreamer profile image76
    kittythedreamerposted 11 years ago

Velma from Scooby Doo...but I think I'm cuter. LOL. At least she's smart though. I've also been told I look and act like Daria (that cartoon on MTV back in the day).

5. dahoglund profile image70
    dahoglundposted 11 years ago

about 15 years ago I wore my hair a bit longer than now, but two different people at different places stopped me and said I looked like Willie Nelson. We are both Scandinavian but aside from that I don't think so.

1. Laura Schneider profile image84
      Laura Schneiderposted 11 years agoin reply to this

In your profile photo, I think you look a lot like Sean Connery does these days.

6. Thomas Swan profile image97
    Thomas Swanposted 11 years ago

Giles from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I was so embarrassed.

7. Twilight Lawns profile image72
    Twilight Lawnsposted 11 years ago

Dearest Svetlana, I was always obsessed by Eva Peron and the subsequent Opera, 'Evita' is one of the most heart wrenching pieces I know. 
    Karisma Kapoor is also one of my great loves (!).  I first saw her in 'Fiza' with Jaya Bachan and Hrithik Roshan and was amazed at her loveliness and the great acting in that film.
    I don't think I have been likened to anyone strange or exciting, but perhaps... just perhaps your friend confused you with Mikhail or Boris because your friend's eyes were closed and your beautifully sad and expressive voice conjured up the land of your birth.
    That  was one of the first things I noticed about you when we spoke... your delicious Russian tones.  Please never get rid of that facet to your personality and aura.  Never change in any way.

kallini2010posted 11 years agoin reply to this

My dearest friend, Ian! I can never be anyone but myself.  A new faucet of me you still don't know - I signed up for stand-up comedy and there should be a show, can you imagine me finally being the Drama Queen?

2. Twilight Lawns profile image72
      Twilight Lawnsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I would love to be there, Clapping and "hollerin'" and enjoying it.
      I think you would be a riot.  Does that mean I have to save up and go to Canada?  Or will you be on the world circuit soon?

3. kallini2010 profile image78

Ha-ha-ha!  No, there will be a video, not for distribution, but I'd like to have something for youtube - the press will be there - it is "Laughing Like Crazy" for people with mood disorders - laughter healing, but it's a real show - 300 audience.

8. my_girl_sara profile image77
    my_girl_saraposted 11 years ago

The white witch from the movie Chronicles of Narnia. She was not a cool witch.

9. Deborah-Diane profile image81
    Deborah-Dianeposted 11 years ago

When I used to sell real estate, the other Realtors in my firm called me "Serial Mom" after the very sweet character in that movie who was a great mom and a kind person ... except that she quietly killed people who irritated her!  (LOL)  My co-workers said that I was so nice and sweet that I had to have a dark side!!  (I never knew whether or not to take that as a compliment, so I just laughed and shrugged it off.)

You could have taken it as an invitation for a fight - I will be looking for a dark side, too. Every virtue has the other side - its opposite. Frugal can be seen as cheap, you know the drill.

2. Sherry Hewins profile image92
      Sherry Hewinsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

She was played by Kathleen Turner. If you looked like her I think that would be good.

10. John Sarkis profile image80
    John Sarkisposted 11 years ago

Andy Kaufman - his character "Latka" from the show "Taxi."  Come to think of it, he wasn't so weird or bad looking at that, but his character was a riot.  A few kids in high school said I reminded them of "Latka" - back in the days "Taxi" was in syndication...

11. TeaPartyCrasher profile image63
    TeaPartyCrasherposted 11 years ago

People say I look like Anthony Edwards ('ER', 'Top Gun'). or Quentin Tarantino ('Pulp Fiction'. 'Django Unchained')

I don't know Tarantino himself, not into celebrities, but I enjoyed his "Glorious Basterds" and "Pulp Fiction". The guy is talented!!!

2. TeaPartyCrasher profile image63
      TeaPartyCrasherposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Edwards I can see resembling

12. flacoinohio profile image77
    flacoinohioposted 11 years ago

Alfred E. Newman from MAD Magazine.  My ears stuck out as a child I had to grow into them.  I used to have freckles and reddish hair when I was young too, add the gap between my two front teeth and I was the spitting image of the cartoon character.

13. johndnathan profile image74
    johndnathanposted 11 years ago

Generally I am the weird one, so people don't compare me to weird celebrities.  They compare me to random people like

Him: "...that Russian guy at Luby's who serves the salads.  He was weird like you."
    Me: "That was me."
    Him: "No it wasn't!  You don't work at Luby's!"
    Me: "How do you know that wasn't an alternate universe version of me?"

That is a good point you are making. What was the weirdest comparison in my Russian days? All that comes up is when my teacher of music said "Could you please turn your beautiful Greek profile towards me?" Was he joking? Do I look like Greek or geek?

14. tsmog profile image84
    tsmogposted 11 years ago

I have hears a few times and giggle too, my Dad

15. iviskei profile image70
    iviskeiposted 11 years ago

My mom, simply because I don't look like any famous people. Nobody has ever compared me to a celebrity, but they always say I look a lot like my mom. But she's weird, so I guess it counts.

I'm sure you look like someone else (parents excluded), just you wait.  It will come.

16. poetvix profile image56
    poetvixposted 11 years ago

Adolf Hitler.  A student got very angry at me some years back and proceeded to tell me how much like Hitler I was.  It wasn't a warm fuzzy, but then, I did come down on him and make him get back to work, so there it is.  I will profess, as a result, he passed.

I would not feel too bad about it. He was simply angry, but I think Adolf Hitler is misunderstood. If you take his personality type ENFJ - I have the same, so did Che Guevara, so did Hamlet. It is a question of how you look at it. I don't like Gaga..

17. coleikerd profile image80
    coleikerdposted 11 years ago

I have been mistaken for a few random people. Some I have known, some I have not. "I have one of those faces."

There are three famous personalities I have been compared to:
    1.John Lennon
    2.Jesus
    3.Jebus (Yes, the Simpsons version of Jesus. The guy said I looked too much like Jesus for him NOT to call me Jesus, but that he felt that was sacrilegious. So he compromised and called me Jebus.) That's probably my winner for weird.

It's not as easy to see the Jesus correlation in my current photo, check my Halloween costume on my State Trigger hub if you want to see it.

Oh, I believe you. It's not whether you look like someone, it is that you were compared, so in someone's head the resemblance is real.

2. coleikerd profile image80
      coleikerdposted 11 years agoin reply to this

With long hair and a beard, I would be confused if people argued with the Jesus correlation, to be completely honest. I fit the classic look: Long wavy light brown hair and a full well shaped beard. It's a fun talking point.

3. Twilight Lawns profile image72
      Twilight Lawnsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Now i'm confused.  I can't remember seeing any photographs of Jesus wearing glasses.  Maybe he was vain, and took them off when he had a family photo taken.  Or it didn't do anything for his image.
      I'll have to do a bit of research.

4. coleikerd profile image80

There's this fabulous invention called "contacts". wink I was also wearing them a lot at the time. If you take a look at the other picture, you'll be able to see that as well.

18. Laura Schneider profile image84
    Laura Schneiderposted 11 years ago

My sister. She is the weirdest person I've been told I look like. Haha

19. whonunuwho profile image51
    whonunuwhoposted 11 years ago

I was often compared and labeled "Mister Rogers" in his neighborhood. At first I was a bit angry. Later I learned that Mr. Rogers was a minister of a church and a decorated war hero, besides being a well known lead in a daily program for kids.. Now I welcome the comparison. Bring it on.!

1. c mark walker profile image60
      c mark walkerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

look up Mr.Rodger's history you'll be surprised ....very surprised

2. Laura Schneider profile image84

Funny! I had no clue that Mr. Rodgers was that cool--I just liked his show when I was a kid.

I used to work with a Ned Flanders (from The Simpson's). Since he was around before Simpson's, I'm suspicious of where their inspiration for Ned came from.

20. stanwshura profile image71
    stanwshuraposted 11 years ago

Okay, don't anybody dare laugh!   Now, this guy is an animated (and kinda last generation) character, but here it is:  Barney Rubble.   I said stop that laughing! wink

21. Ericdierker profile image44
    Ericdierkerposted 11 years ago

So we were nervous and applying for my wife's citizenship. We had hundreds of documents, photos and proof of our marriage. The interview process was brutal and scary.
    20 years before in a different time a man was a rebel attorney, out of La Jolla California. He had represented the interviewer in a civil rights case. The lawyer was a crazed litigator for minorities and refugees. The man that the interviewer knew was a young brash, take no prisoners man. He was an aggressive advocate lawyer that the establishment finally brought down. But he was famous among refugees and hurt minorities. He was known as El Hombre or the Lu Man. He ran an under ground railroad to shuffle battered women.
    The man was long gone.
    I was accused of being such that man. Our citizenship was granted immediately. Word spread throughout the place of who the man was claimed to be. Hand shakes from security guards, to clerks to interviewers were exchanged.
    I had been accused and convicted as a man who had brought justice and citizenship to many.
    I am not worthy of this man's attention. But I did know him when he was full of vinegar and spice and paid his bills by the blood spilt by others.
    So whoever he was he is no more. And the interviewer was right I shared the same name. And we remain friends this day.

22. lorddraven2000 profile image90
    lorddraven2000posted 11 years ago

I was compared to Edgar Allen Poe for the longest time because my writing was droll and dark.

23. swordsbane profile image60
    swordsbaneposted 11 years ago

"Animal" from The Muppets. My girlfriend said that's what I reminded her of when she saw me for the first time... In her defense, I was REALLY drunk and my beard and hair were very long extremely wild.

1. coleikerd profile image80

If that's her defence, what's YOUR defence? wink

Please know that, as I tease you, I sit here with long hair and a long wild beard. smile

2. swordsbane profile image60
      swordsbaneposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I guess mine was that I was really drunk too smile
      REALLY drunk... could-not-find-my-feet-to-stand-up drunk

3. coleikerd profile image80

smile That does make one more of an animal.
      "AYECANTFINDMYFEET!"

24. CapCooL profile image80
    CapCooLposted 11 years ago

Kojak, I think it's because of our bald heads.

1. Laura Schneider profile image84

I dunno... I can't quite see the resemblance. Just kidding!

25. Shaddie profile image76
    Shaddieposted 11 years ago

One time I had someone tell me I looked like Squidwart, from Spongebob Squarepants. That is probably the weirdest thing anyone ever compared me to...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)