Why do people of different religions constantly argue which is the the "true" re

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (83 posts)
  1. mosaicman profile image59
    mosaicmanposted 11 years ago

Why do people of different religions constantly argue which is the the "true" religion?

It seems like a never ending cycle. It seems like a war of words. I became caught in it at one time myself. I don't know that anyone will ever win it?

2. lone77star profile image71
    lone77starposted 11 years ago

Why do people continue to argue? Ego.

Ego is all about me versus the world. Ego is separateness. Ego is entitlement and selfishness.

True religion is all about oneness, love, generosity and selflessness.

Any divisiveness has ego behind it. Ego is the root of all evil. Ego is the "master" of this world. And ego is the blindfold pulled down over spirit's eyes creating darkness.

Did Gautama Siddhartha Buddha follow Christ 500 years before Jesus was born? Just look at the "fruit" he bore and you can see that he did.

The real division is between True religion of spiritual oneness and the ego that tries to separate everything.

Jesus knew this when he said that those who try to save their lives (ego, face, honor, pride) will surely lose them. Those who lose their lives (ego) for righteousness sake will gain everlasting life -- the light of spirit without the blindfold of ego -- full of love and no longer separate and selfish.

I touch on these topics in my upcoming book, "The Bible's Hidden Wisdom."

If interested, see my campaign at

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-b … /x/2790782

1. MickS profile image60
      MickSposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think that the truth is much more complicated, and that we can consider Jesus to be a Boddhisatva.

2. cperuzzi profile image91
      cperuzziposted 11 years agoin reply to this

KILL ALL THE NONBELIEVERS WHO... No, you're right, it's ego.

People have a need for order in their lives and if there is doubt in their faith then they feel they're wasting their time.  That's my thought, anyway.

3. lorirose profile image60
      loriroseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

My daughter is a missionary overseas.  Her ministry is to Muslims who do not know Jesus.  Usually, when a Muslim comes to Christ is because He has revealed Himself to them in a dream.  He is God, He is alive, & not Boddhisatva.

3. Tusitala Tom profile image65
    Tusitala Tomposted 11 years ago

Ego is right.   Ego is formed by a conglommerate ideas which have crystalized in the subconscious mind of each of us and with which we identify.    You will notice that when people argue about which religion is true it is always "Mine."   Best to keep an open mind and accept the probablility that most of the arguments stem from words; words which are just labels.   Labels are just that, they're an attempt to describe or define the 'real thing.'   

There is a whole science around words and their meanings, and how those meaning differ from person to person.  It's called Semantics.   If I ask a dozen people to visualize, say, a dog, there is just as likely to be a dozen different pictures arising among those dozen people.  Some will see a bulldog, others a collie, others an Alsation, others a Pekinese et cetera.   So if a noun as simple as dog gives us trouble, how do you think we're going cope with such words as Truth and God?

4. MickS profile image60
    MickSposted 11 years ago

Because they are insecure in their beliefs and have to prove, especially to themselves, that they have made the right choice.

1. cperuzzi profile image91

Good answer.  Almost everyone here is answering this question in Christian terms.  The question is about religion - not Christianity.

5. avneet sidhu profile image58
    avneet sidhuposted 11 years ago

I think its their ego that why they keeps on arguing on the same boring topic. God is One, and we should follow the single religion - religion of humanity. Some people seems like very insecure about their lives and they just talk about their caste and religion. I believe in love, kind and humanity - not any caste and religion. I am not criticizing anyone's belief and values, I am just putting forward my own thinking. What do you think?

1. lorirose profile image60

The problem with your love is that it is selfish love.  It has a hook in it.  Human beings cannot love unconditionally without God's Agape (unconditional) love in them, and that only comes from Christ coming to live inside of us.

2. avneet sidhu profile image58
      avneet sidhuposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Of course lorirose.. Everything comes from god coming to live inside us.. But in my opinion love can never be selfish..Love has no religion.. Its something inside us - in our each and every body part. Be it any religion - LOVE is same.

3. lorirose profile image60

I hear what you are saying, avneet, I think...you believe that love can never be selfish.  This is what I disagree with.  Human nature allows us only selfish love.  We are selfish by nature.  Our love always is self-referential.  God's love is not.

6. Charlu profile image77
    Charluposted 11 years ago

I think it depends on the person doing the arguing, and that it is not always ego.  So many people are taught that there is no other way for them to be one with their maker, and that they are helping others to do the same when teach them what they have learned is the only possible way to do just that. 

Whether their intentions are to truly help another or as others have said to reinforce their their beliefs, or ego, I believe that many are just trying to do the right thing by helping others find their way to peace, love, faith, and a spiritual fulfillment that is everlasting..

Although sometimes it can push on my last nerve, for me to judge them for their beliefs is no different than them trying to convince me how relevant theirs are.  I have also found that listening sometimes leads me to research and studies that help me to learn something new everyday, which is always a blessing.

You see for me to have a happy heart I have to try (notice I said TRY) to find the good in all, and even though that is not always the case I know that through it I am being taught a very special lesson of my own.

Have an incredibly blessed day and try to make someone else have the same!

7. Thomas Swan profile image96
    Thomas Swanposted 11 years ago

Each religion assumes absolute truth, and each is largely contradictory with its neighbors. The greater the claim of truth, the greater the will to define oneself on the basis of knowing that truth. By adopting an identity in this way, any criticism of the truth will be taken personally. Even without direct criticism, other individuals holding mutually exclusive beliefs (other religions) will be assumed to be critical.

8. cperuzzi profile image91
    cperuzziposted 11 years ago

One of the things we all need to figure out is the difference between philosophy and religion.  The actual questioning of the universe falls under philosophy.  What is the universe?  Why are we here?  Why is there existence?

Questions like that.

Religion on the other hand, is the dogmatic practice of worship in monotheistic and polytheistic gods.  And, let's face it, when you have that much invested into your own view of the universe and if it includes an omnipotent God or set of gods, you want to be sure you have everything right.

However, all of that is for thinking people who want to consider the aspect of universal truth - and wish to actually choose a religion or truth.  Most people don't fall under that category.  Most people fall under the concept that religion is what you inherit from your parents.

When you think about that, it's true.  At a very young age, kids or babies, in some cases, are indoctrinated.  They go through the initiations of that religion to give, not only them but their parents, a feeling of accomplishment and that they've gone through a rite of passage based on a specific mythology.  This is their attempt to come up with an explanation for something that is, in essence, unknowable.

People in this group don't think.  It's what their parents have told them and rather than question the beliefs of their parents, they will live either quiet uneventful lives in accordance to that religion or have a psychotic breakdown because their religion does not agree with their philosophy or lifestyle.  Leaving the practitioner to seek his own truth.

Just understand that it is a collective ego of many individuals who don't like to be told that they are wrong.

I see you haven't met Jesus...yet.  "My sheep hear my voice and they know me."

I'm Jesuit educated.  I'd love to meet Jesus, I hear he does good carpentry.  Unfortunately, he never comes when I call him... even when I leave cookies.

3. Hariom Singhal profile image61
      Hariom Singhalposted 11 years agoin reply to this

right answer.everyone should read this carefully.

4. lorirose profile image60

I was raised Catholic.  I always believed in Jesus, but I didn't know Him until I took a step of faith when I was 23.  Even then, I had doubts because not too much changed in my life except I suddenly stopped swearing like a sailor w/ no effort.

5. cperuzzi profile image91

While I mentioned that there is a need to examine philosophy and theology.  The real answer is more in the realm of psychology.

9. DDE profile image46
    DDEposted 11 years ago

Debates on religion can be way over line but different people have different beliefs one should respect that or accept it.

10. Grace-Wolf-30 profile image62
    Grace-Wolf-30posted 11 years ago

Ego, and power. Ultimately, I'm afraid many religions become distorted, and people do things in the name of their religion that actually goes against what was originally written. Also, I'm afraid to say people are often easily led and manipulated. For example, during the crusades, the Pope told the armies fighting for the church that their actions would not count as sin because they were fighting for their God. But who are human beings to say 'this is the word of God'? If God wants to tell you something, you'll get the message direct!

11. stanwshura profile image72
    stanwshuraposted 11 years ago

Power by numbers.  Or, some doctrines require a tenacious adherance to a very specific dogma/set of rules.  Not all go as far as supposedly calling for jihad, but many require or encourage their true followers to "bear witness" by strict obedeience and by public, dedicated missionary (some say conversion) work.  And most ultimately demand - and test - faith which, by most definitions, is unquestioning belief.  Doesn't leave, much room for accepting others.

Substitute "jihad" for "crusade" and you change the paradigm for some.  It's sort of the same difference between terrorist and freedom fighter.  It all depends on what side of the dogma you're on.

12. Radical Rog profile image72
    Radical Rogposted 11 years ago

Probably because each and every religion claims to be the one and only true religion and all others are false. In addition, all religions demand its members follow some dogmatic theology, automatically rejecting all others without consideration. On top of this they leave a great many spiritual questions unanswered while demanding blind faith and obedience. Jesus referred to the blind leading the blind. You can have faith and believe where you are being led if you want. A growing number want to know, which means opening your eyes to alternatives, to not simply believing and having faith and being led as a blind person, but following a process of coming to know. When you know, you will know the truth and the truth will set you free, from the dogma and theology of religion.

13. profile image52
    graceinusposted 11 years ago

There is no such thing as the "true religion". But there is a God in heaven and there is our lord Jesus Christ. All these religions and made made churches are nothing be a big joke.

1. Diane Woodson profile image59
      Diane Woodsonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Cults are a big joke, yes but when people believe in God they sometimes take things to an extreme . Teaching things and misinterperting HOLY SCRIPTURE. there is the danger. People need no Cult or unbiblical org telling them their status with HIM.

2. debbyp1964 profile image61
      debbyp1964posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Not everyone believes in God in heaven and although Jesus lived, not all of us have to agree that he is  "our lord".. and we  should just
      accept each others beliefs and not force ours on others

3. Charlu profile image77
      Charluposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Amen Debby

4. cperuzzi profile image91

Dueling Bible thumpers.  How nice.
      It's interesting to see people be passionate with their religion and that somehow they are privileged to see the universal truth through a flawed book that drew bloodshed.  I'd hate to think that's how it works.

5. WalterPoon profile image68
      WalterPoonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

"When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said 'Let us pray.' We closed our eyes. When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land." -- Desmond Tutu

14. Freeway Flyer profile image83
    Freeway Flyerposted 11 years ago

If certain people believe that there is one true faith that all people must accept in order to experience eternal paradise and avoid damnation, then it is inevitable that they will try to spread their faith. And evangelism inevitably leads to arguing.

Religion can also play a major role in helping people to find comfort and make sense out of a confusing world. And the last thing we want is to have the fundamentals of our worldview challenged and potentially shattered. So the tendency is to get defensive. The same thing can be seen in political arguments, which is why some people believe that you should never bother getting into discussions about politics and religion. As time passes, I become increasingly sympathetic toward that point of view.

That's why Christ was crucified...he stirred the pot...then He told us to stir the pot too.  10 of 12 apostles were martyred, 1 was sent to Patmos. What they shared was worth talking about and dying for.  It still is.  Be strong!

It's mythology.  It's classic mythology.  Christians believe in the crucifixion because it's part of the story.  Acts of the Apostles is also part of the story.  That behavior only perpetuates more nonsense and gets good people killed... for nothing.

15. debbyp1964 profile image61
    debbyp1964posted 11 years ago

You are correct no one will win an argument like that, which is one reason it is something not to be discussed in social surroundings. Religion is, to me, a matter of opinion, just because you believe it does not mean I have to agree. To answer the question of why; All I can say is; because people, in general, want to be right. They do not want to admit defeat, even when it is not a win-lose situation. "how can you say God does not exist, or that Jesus was not God's son?" If I want to believe that a light pole is my higher power then you should let me believe that. In the long run religion and spirituality are very personal issues and no one else has any right to challenge or argue your belief.

hate to disagree, religion and God are two different things, religion is a term which defines how God is veiwed. Only a True Valid Bible Based, backed up with history and etc is a way for people to find God, Please read me and see that I do know it.

2. lorirose profile image60

Yes, you have the right to believe whatever you want to.  Scripture says, God even gives us the faith to believe in Jesus so we can't boast about our faith. We have to hum-ble ourselves to receive Christ, but Jesus commissioned us to challenge you.

3. Charlu profile image77
      Charluposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Uh Oh here we go with the disagree, the "Only,"  and the "I" do know thing

4. cperuzzi profile image91

Religion is the method of worship to a god or gods. Spirituality is how it is experienced or the relationship people have with the Divine. Show me a Buddhist and I'll show you a man without a religion who is spiritually aligned.

16. artist101 profile image59
    artist101posted 11 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7034553_f260.jpg

Religion is man's interpretation of the Bible. Therefore, not perfect, in any religion, or faith. Put your faith in Christ, not in man. The tower of Babel is why we all disagree, I will separate you, with different languages. Literally, yes we have different languages, but it is my belief, that this "separation of faith" is also based in Babel, as well as races, colors of skin, and the variances of all things known to man, here on earth.
    Those differences may be interpreted as negative, but should be embraced  as a positive. If we all were perfect, and the same, where would the challenges, and growth of a spirit come from? We grow with challenges, and adversity. The truth be known, it isn't about being right. It is about being right with God.

I could not disagree more.  Your assumption is that there is only one religion.  There are plenty of religions out there: valid or invalid.  And yes, that includes Scientology.  Think of religion as a practice and faith as belief.

2. artist101 profile image59
      artist101posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Not what I said at all. How many interpretations are there? as many humans on earth. Religion is based in man, and his practices, based on his interpretation of the bible. Faith is the belief in that which is not seen, or touched.

3. cperuzzi profile image91

"Religion is man's interpretation of the Bible."  Your first sentence.  That just isn't so.  I consider myself somewhat religious and it has nothing to do with a Bible.  Religion is a practice.  Christianity is a religion based on the Bible.

4. lorirose profile image60

Christianity is faith in a WHO, not a WHAT.  My faith is in Christ, not what He taught.  I believe and work at practicing what He taught, but my faith is in Him alone.  If I do nothing, if I sin, or if I do good works, it doesn't matter. I'm free.

5. artist101 profile image59

great answer,lorirose.

6. cperuzzi profile image91

The point is, is that it's a belief surrounded by a religion.  I could believe that the messiah is a cat and that I should do nothing but drink milk all week.  That is the practice of religion.  You describe brands of Christianity.

7. Radical Rog profile image72
      Radical Rogposted 11 years agoin reply to this

To challenge those that disagree, All the different 'Christian' religions look to Moses and Abraham as founding fathers, as does all of Islam. They all interpret the same writings in their own way.

8. artist101 profile image59

Great answer radical Rog, and to add another point we are all descendants of Moses. Each of us has a choice,  to believe or not to believe. We are not puppets, we have a choice. Just shows how unconditional his love is for us. Not About Mans Religion

9. cperuzzi profile image91

I'm not.  Not even spiritually.  I am religious.  It is only the arrogance of others that assumes I would even be remotely a child of Israel or any brand of Christianity or Muslim.  And Islam is still the largest practiced religion on the planet.

10. ketage profile image83
      ketageposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am confused , from your comment that I read here, I am given to understand that in your eyes, the word religions applies to only different interpretations of the bible, what about religions that have nothing to do with the bible?

11. WalterPoon profile image68

Cperuzzi 5, you said: "Islam is still the largest practiced religion on the planet." Where did you get that? According to Wikipedia, Islam is the 2nd largest religion and one of the fastest-growing religions in the world.

12. cperuzzi profile image91

Sorry, old data.
      32% Christian, 21% Muslim, and 16% comprising of None, Agnostic, Atheist, and prefer not to answer - according to the Washington Post.

13. WalterPoon profile image68

Cperuzzi, you talk about "practiced religion". Islam is a religion where, if you join, you cannot quit. I look at Malaysia and find that there are many non-practising Muslims. Some want to quit but they are not allowed to. Is that why it is so large?

14. Diane Woodson profile image59

Right with God is good however what do you believe about the Bibile in general? We must have a set of orderly guidelines to live by and the Church is the one who gives that....Great comment...

15. anniebetty profile image60
      anniebettyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Actually, Judaism, Islam, and Christianity are all religions that interpret all or parts of the Bible.  Your comment leaves out several other major world regligions, which is disappointing.

17. WalterPoon profile image68
    WalterPoonposted 11 years ago

Cos they confuse the forest for the trees, and they don't even realize that religions are mere vehicles toward spirituality.... a means to an end and not an end in itself.

1. Radical Rog profile image72

I would argue and suggest that religion is an obstruction in the path to true spirituality. The path to spirituality requires an open mind willing to question and seek understanding. Religious doctrine quashes this demanding blind faith and belief.

2. artist101 profile image59

I agree, totally

3. WalterPoon profile image68

Radical Rog, do not confused religion with "organized religion". Organized religion are shams. Because they want to increase their membership, they tell you that you can easily go to heaven just by joining their church, whatever.

4. Radical Rog profile image72

Religions, by their nature have, are based around theology and doctrine. The practice of theology and doctrine is to reject all ideas that disagree, thereby closing the mind. Name one religion without theology and doctrine and I will agree.

5. WalterPoon profile image68

If I am not mistaken, animism and the Chinese folklore religion that is practised by many Chinese have no theology or doctrine.

6. Radical Rog profile image72

True, though they are more closely related to paganism, which some call a religion, though it is really an umbrella term for those seeking the hidden spiritual knowledge of the occult. But here we could argue about the definition of religion.

7. cperuzzi profile image91

How interesting.  Radical Rog prefers to snub Paganism as not being a real religion in favor of other factless, baseless, mythologies, based on nothing more than faith.  Literally, there is no difference in the two other than prejudice.

8. Thomas Swan profile image96
      Thomas Swanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Paganism really is an umbrella term for many different religions though..

9. Radical Rog profile image72

Sorry cperuzzi, but I do not snub paganism. I view paganism as being above religion because it allows for freedom of thought, though once again we're into the definition of religion and, dare I say, mythology, which is the root of paganism.

10. cperuzzi profile image91

Apologies.  This is the problem with the written word and it is subject to misinterpretation.  I find the Pagan view of spirituality and mythology fascinating and it opens a different avenue to enlightenment.  One truth... many paths.

18. xmags profile image79
    xmagsposted 11 years ago

I guess it's because each of them feel the need to be the one who is in the right. Well, when you're dealing with this life and the after life (or the lack thereof), people want the security that their respective religions bring them, and thus they will live according to whatever has been indoctrinated unto them. This way, they can and will "ensure" a reward in the after life.

19. profile image0
    athurionposted 11 years ago

People who argue about religion are still immature.  Religion should be all about love and not about arrogance (war of words).

20. profile image49
    dbur7goposted 11 years ago

The bible tells us that we do not battle flesh and blood but the powers and principalities of darkness.  book of Ephesians CH-6:12.  The Christian faith is the only doctrine that condemns a mans wickedness, it holds us accountable.  we take great comfort in the fact that JESUS CHRIST died for all of our sins.  JESUS IS GOD THE FATHER, THE SON AND THE HOLY SPIRIT.  I KNOW THAT JESUS CHRIST IS GOD THE FATHER BECAUSE ONLY A FATHER WOULD DIE FOR HIS CHILDREN!  JUST AS SURE AS JESUS LOVES US YOU CAN BE SURE THERE IS A DEVIL THAT HATES US.  That is truth.

1. WalterPoon profile image68

QUOTE: "The Christian faith is the ONLY doctrine that condemns a mans wickedness..."

Not too sure about that... I like to read about various religions and so far, I haven't heard of any religion that does not condemn a man's wickedness.

It's a book of fairy tales that people have killed for.  Where is the peace and spirituality in justifying genocide?  One must ask if it is appropriate to judge based on someone else's mythology.  I say, "It's your Hell, burn in it."

3. Radical Rog profile image72

It's really only Christians and Muslims that argue over this, though the god of both is the god of Abraham and Moses. And both not only argue, but have a history of slaughtering those who disagree with them. Now that's wickedness.

21. ketage profile image83
    ketageposted 11 years ago

People argue about religion for three reasons that I can see,
    The first is ego, they assume they are right and their religion is the one and only real truth.

The second  is arrogance, they assume they have the right to change another persons faith.

And the third is lack of respect for other people and their faith.

Having a discussion about religion is fine, as long as its an intellectual discussion, with the aim of learning about other peoples religions, not with the aim of converting someone to the faith you believe in. If they want to hear about your faith fine, if they do not, learning about other religions will only help us understand others better.

1. WalterPoon profile image68

Ketage, I agree with you. We are all at different stages in our spiritual development. Let each one find the religion that suits him or her most. Not everyone can relate to a formless God.

22. danvantari profile image60
    danvantariposted 11 years ago

Because they don’t know the real meaning of religion. Religion is inseparable from you. It's just like water, the intrinsic characteristic of water is  wet. Water cannot separate from its wetness otherwise it's not water. Similarly, religion is not a faith  that you can change. Religion means love. It is your relationship with the Supreme God; its your natural relationship with Him that you can't change or take away from you. You don’t need to change your religion in order to come to know Him. All you need is to serve Him, love Him and always remember Him. In that way, you become more pleasing to Him and closer to Him. He is so close to you;. He is residing in your heart. You don’t need to go somewhere-church, pilgrimage or whatsoever in order to develop your connection, all you need is to turn back to Him, meditate upon Him.

People are dying, fighting in the form of so-called religion but they don’t really know what they are fighting for. It’s so sad but it’s happening in this world. Do you think God will be happy seeing all His sons fighting for nothing??

Most of us are lonely and can’t really satisfy in this world because our connection with Supreme Person was lost. We are all trying to squeeze the world looking for some happiness in the form of so called love-relationship in this world, power, beauty, opulence etc. and we are all failed. If you don’t connect everything to God, if you don’t reestablish your connection with Him, life is lifeless. It's just like walking like a dead man.

Almost.  You hooked me with the vocabulary issue.  Religion is practice.  Who you are and what you believe is philosophy.  Everyone has a philosophy - you don't need to have a religion.  The question - which no one here has addressed is "Why?"

2. Diane Woodson profile image59

You know a great deal about this.I was indoctrinated at a young age into a cult and the presence of them in society makes me sick. Thanks this is the best comment so far.

23. lumen2light profile image59
    lumen2lightposted 11 years ago

Once the human race believed in many God’s; now apparently there is only room for one.
    Religion is personal; if you believe, if it makes you a better person and does not infringe another’s belief, or inflict pain on anyone else; then it is true.

Truly religious people do not require recognition. They do not need to convert everyone around them, and they certainly do not harm others.

Those who argue about religion, who believe their religion is better than others does not understand what religion is.

1. debbyp1964 profile image61
      debbyp1964posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well said!!

24. Abby Campbell profile image72
    Abby Campbellposted 11 years ago

I believe it's due to conviction. One feels so strongly about their beliefs that they want you to believe in the same thing.

Thanks for the comment, however I do know for sure that feelings will not get us where we need to be with regards to God! Thanks and I am sure you may agree to an extent.

2. Abby Campbell profile image72
      Abby Campbellposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Amen, Diane.

25. Anand Lavan profile image54
    Anand Lavanposted 11 years ago

By studying different religions one can easily understand that the basic idea behind all religions are all somewhat similar. No religion is superior than other.The thing is that many belives that the religion which they are following is superior than the other.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)