The Federal Government is in Denial

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (90 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Mick Murdockposted 14 years ago

With the way things are playing out in the U.S.'s economic state, almost every American citizen is giving up the faith in the federal government. The truth of the matter is, personally, I don't know what kind of country we are anymore. The reason for this personal belief of mine is that we have many names for our type of government. For example, are we a Republic, a Federation (Federal Republic), a Confederation, or are we a Democracy? Or are we a mixture of all four?

Or...is there a conspiracy that's been taking place in our government for many years? Maybe, as a result of this conspiracy, are we really a secret Empire?

Whatever kind of nation we are, only but one thing remains certain: our government is in MAJOR jeopardy as far as the U.S. economy is concerned. Whithout a stabalized economy, any nation could face major "bankruptcy," or in other words, "fall apart." Look what it did to the ancient Roman Empire. And our government is based on their government. Which brings up another question: are we Americans on the same road to "bankruptcy" as the Romans were in ancient times?

Again, as far as the U.S. economy is concerned, major taxation on the American people is also another problem. Like the British Empire had done on the American colonies, the federal government has been taxing us Americans to the breaking point of starting a second American Revolution. For example, look at all the different TEA (Taxed Enough Already) Party rallies that have been happening all over the U.S. protesting the federal government's taxation on basically EVERYTHING.

SO....the personal belief I have is this: everything that our government has done like taxing us Americans, calling our nation a "Republic," or a "Federation" or a "Democracy," AND making lame excuses for their actions like "national security," is not justified. They always have to find some excuse for us to put all our faith in them, when really we should be having faith in ourselves and in God Almighty. Bottome Line: our federal government is in denial of what they say and do, and they're always in denial of what they say and do, because they're worried about their reputations and egos. It doesn't matter wheather they're Republican or Democrat, Conservative or Liberal.

Of course, this is all just what I believe. I'm not REALLY trying to force anyone to agree with me, I'm just giving our my own personal opinion on our government that's all. And the REAL question I'm trying to ask is this: what do YOU, the readers, all think of the current status of our American government?

Just somthing to think about. God Bless You All.

1. profile image0
      Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't know who you are...quite...yet, smile, but again thank you for the sane approach asking for a legitimate exchange of ideas and for sharing your views so eloquently.

I personally think we are going through an excessively turbulent time, and that many people are scared.  This draws out all kinds of irrational behavior and doubt in many.  An honest mistrust of and skepticism of any type of authority (corporate or governmental) I find healthy and necessary to anything approaching democracy--however, that is a different thing than sheer fear.

Do we have a true democracy today?  Of course not.  We are much too large.  I would call it a Republic, I guess, and an imperfect one.

Do I believe that there is some underscoring 'conspiracy' involving government?  No.  Egos, influences, deals, etc., yes.  And that is not about denial, but how I believe the world works; how the human species works.  The same old stuff.  It certainly has been the case in any corporation I've been a part of.  I think that people's feeling of "the government," (and that's just how they say that, too), being distant and some kind of oppressive entity has to do with a sense of powerlessness, and also, as so often times is the actual case, no real involvement in educating yourself of the issues or of getting involved in the process.

The TEA parties going on...and the Glenn Beck inspired march on Washington (especially) certainly has illustrated the point that people are upset about something.  However, I'm not sure most exactly know what.  The economic problems we have are complex...the proposed remedy and the bailouts so complex...that few understood the whys and hows.  This feeling of being in the dark about things is frightening...and many people have no legitimate way to express this.  This is why I think our country is going nuts.

The only actual remedy to any of this, I feel, is the old fashioned thing:  To figure it out...honestly, by understanding the issues...and to get involved, however one construes that.  It does not have to mean through politics or government, either, necessarily.

I am not one who believes in severe doom and gloom, and actually see signs (and it has been reported...just largely overshadowed by other concerns in the media right now) of recovery.  It usually takes longer than some would want, however.  Are we doomed to fall like, lol, The Old Roman Empire?   Times have changed--and I think that is up to us.  I do believe we are on that road--just 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

We could stop by ripping each other up and DISCUSS what needs to be done in a legitimate and pragmatic fashion, however.  I do not see that within the current extreme partisanship that has gripped our country...  The most partisan thing I will say...which is really not partisan, but the analysis of what I see, is that one party does indeed need to increase their vocabulary to include more words than just "no."

Thanks for this.

1. SparklingJewel profile image66
        SparklingJewelposted 14 years agoin reply to this

one side wouldn't say no so much if the other side would stop acting like they know it all big_smile

2. tksensei profile image61
        tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh, the people who went to DC to let the pols know they are pissed off are just frightened and confused? roll What a load. Did you see anyone interviewed at the event who said they didn't know why they were there? Typical liberal attitude.

1. profile image0

Good luck with those antelopes!  wink  Thanks, pgrundy.

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Fallacy-of-Equal-Time

2. profile image0

THIS.

3. rhamson profile image71
      rhamsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this
    4. IntimatEvolution profile image67
      IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No we are not the Romans.  And the problem with the American people vs. the Federal branch of gov. is that WE no longer have respect for it.  They have abused their powers for far too long, and we the people seem to be in a grid lock on deciding how to deal with them.  As long as the Fed's has us all divided, the longer they will continue to destroy America!!!

1. profile image0
        Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The term you're looking for is oligarchy.

5. Jimmy Boyd profile image66
      Jimmy Boydposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And just how do you propose the government operate? Every country has to tax its citizens, and many countries are far worse. Some countries have lower taxes but do things like compulsory military service and hardly even pay these soldiers.

If you had any sort of real argument, I guess a further response would be required. But your post is just a rambling diatribe.

1. nicomp profile image61
        nicompposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Regardless of how you think the government should operate, it's currently operating at a deficit of over a billion dollars a day. We are spending over a thousand million dollars a day more than we have. That burn rate is not sustainable. Bush made it worse, Obama made it worser.

1. profile image0

The 5 states left of the 50 that have no income tax operate with the least amount of deficit.

1. profile image0
            A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And one of those States is Texas! But whatever you do don't move here, we are all racist and homicidal, stay wherever you are! I feel California will make a comeback!

1. profile image0

Don't hold your breath.

1. profile image0

Shhh, just trying to keep everyone at home!

1. profile image0

no need to whisper - any amount of tax is worth it to my wonderful fellow statesmen smile

2. Jimmy Boyd profile image66

Yet another misleading post. I live in one of those states (Texas). Of course, they make up for it with property taxes, sales taxes, gambling revenue, etc.

This is absolutely the wrong question.

1. Jimmy Boyd profile image66

My comment was not related to overspending. Of course, there is overspending. I agree with that. But the OP simply complained about the amount of taxes while having no solution. It was simply a hollow complaint - the kind Republicans love. No thinking or no solutions. Just vote for me and I'll cut taxes.

2. profile image0
    Madame Xposted 14 years ago

I don't think they're in denial. I think they know exactly what they're doing and they like it. Unlimited power with unlimited funds. Wow - let's party!!

(and no accountability either)

3. jiberish profile image79
    jiberishposted 14 years ago

I agree with Madamx...read some of the Hubs, it explains that this government has a plan, they know exactly where they want to take the country, and only the strong will survive.

4. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

Denial? Nahhhh, its Bi-Polar!

1. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He-he lol

5. jiberish profile image79
    jiberishposted 14 years ago

Denial is a good word. Let's see, they deny having radicals in the administration, they deny taking Gadzillions of our money and using it for Nothing, they deny the housing crisis, and the unemployment figures.  Yup..They're in denial!

6. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

Mick and Lita are making some interesting points.  Personally I am not overly afraid of large government because with our population and land mass that was inevitable really.  Trying to have the small government we once had when we were primarily an agrarian country in say 1850 is futile, and I think that is what many people are thinking of idealistically when they want smaller government.  Myself I do not claim the government is perfect, but I see this current administration striving its best to make things better.  Economics and government are not an exact science, and our country is going through economic chaos as we were during the Great Depression. 

I believe the difference between then and now is people simply had more trust in their leaders.  I am not saying you have to have blind faith in Obama, but it would be nice if people treated him with the respect that was given to Bush early in his administration.  It was not until 2005 and 2006 with the growing unpopularity of the Iraq war that we began to hear more and more dissent.  If people remember the Dixie Chicks were actually vilified for speaking out against the Iraq War early on, but then later people decided they were courageous.  Even though I really did not like Bush policies, I still considered him my president.  It seems popular for people to say well he is no my president because I did not vote for him.  That was of thinking can be a stumbling block and really negative if you let it take over.

1. profile image0

Ben Bernanke claims the recession is over so things must be looking up. This is not the worst economy since the Great Depression probably not even in the top 10, Carter presided over  very bad economic times and actually made it worse. Under Carter 11.3% Unemployment 21.5% Interest rates 14% Inflation and the misery index a whopping 21%, actually Obama has it pretty good, but he is making it worse!

1. SweetiePie profile image83
        SweetiePieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually about a year ago we were on the verge of the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression.  Things are looking up, and no Obama is not making things worse.  Sometimes economic hard times just have to run their course.  Carter really did not even make the economy worse, and these things cannot be completely blamed on the president as there are many factors involved.

1. profile image0

I'm sorry did Obama and the gang not say that if the 787 Billion dollar stimulus package was passed that unemployment would not go over 8%? Why yes he did! So why is it 9.7% His stimulus passed and yet it went up? That can't be Bush's fault, the stimulus passed, so how do you explain this?

2. nicomp profile image61

Actually quadrupling the deficit in less than a year tends to make things worse, unless all you care about is how cushy your life is.

Back in a minute...I'm going throw up now.

7. tksensei profile image61
    tksenseiposted 14 years ago

He'll give the anti-Semitic peanut farmer a run for his(our) money before he's done.

8. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

The economic crisis is taking its course plain and simple.  Money is a man made invention, so I am not going to go sweat about it.  I can guarantee a hundred years from now people will probably be laughing at some of the unneeded anxiety people are having about this deficit.

1. profile image0

You are right Sweetie, the crisis is definitely taking its course, the course it would have taken sooner if Obama had not screwed with it! Money is a man made invention, yes. But its an invention that we use to trade with and when you owe more than you bring in it causes Bankruptcy! All Obama has done is passed his solution (which ain't working) on to another generation of Americans who are in debt long before they are born! Good Job!

2. profile image0

I think those who were caught up in the excess of it all are the ones suffering most, to be honest.  And of course, those whose jobs are not very secure (which is bad enough).  I'm thinking the coasts and states (industrial Midwest) effected by the auto industry are having the most problems.  ...Incidentally, these areas are where the media is mostly located.  Correlation?

To me, I see it as so much the Bonfire of the Vanities.  And I agree with your idea about future ideas about the economy.

I read a lot of Noam Chomsky.  He would also have a tendency to agree.

I have not read much of Noam Chomsky, but I will definitely check out his writings.  I feel bad for people in the auto industry I do, but this has been coming since the 70's with the oil crisis and the Japanese ingenuity to build more fuel efficient cars sooner than the Americans did.  Perhaps if the American auto makers had tried harder earlier to build more fuel efficient autos, explore other types of fuel, then some of this would be averted. 

However, in the Japanese economy that was once a major contender has been out of the game for quite awhile.  The economic crisis in the late nineties impacted them quite a bit, and they have never regained the edge they once had.  Also, young Japanese people are more reticent to get married younger, and are having less children as a result.  There was a Washington Post article about how the Japanese work force will considerably diminish with the next generation, so we are not the only nation going through extreme changes.  I think all of these things are out of focus tremendously because of the religious fervor driving the fear.

1. profile image0

It is because the 'old machinery' is dependent on the old machinery to make their money.  It stifles new ideas and creativity to serve 'interests.'  And I mean this in EVERYTHING.  We waste so much potential...and yes, it is due, I feel, across the board, to fear.  I do not see it as a liberal/conservative issue, either, but as a childish way of looking at things.  A lack of planning.  I never realized how some people were so ultimately like this until I've been working in corporate America for a while.  Short sightedness, desire for quick change without doing the work, egos...a multitude of things; but at the root I would say it is fear, yes.  This just being a little ink blot representation of larger issues.

That, and pure on, over the top greed. Obama evidently gave a speech to the titans of Wall Street today, who pay lip service (remember their need of bailouts) to regulations, but appear only to be doing that. They want their big kills over integrity and their customers 401ks, I would say.

The second largest economy IN THE WORLD, home to the largest car maker IN THE WORLD, is "out of the game"?! WTF?

1. profile image0

Good luck with those antelopes, wink.

1. tksensei profile image61

Yeah, you said that.

1. blue dog profile image60
                blue dogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

her effort is futile.  how does one begin teaching a smart-assed moron?
                she's right, however.  good luck with those antelopes.

I imagine that is a question you have struggled with for some time. Start by putting down the bong, Cheech.

i'll try, mish -uh, tk.  old habits are hard to break.

as you well know.

Wasn't Tommy Chong thrown in jail for selling bongs?

2. profile image0
                rednckwmnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

whats with the antelopes? did I miss something, again?

pgrundy has an exceptional hub on the land of the free, where the antelope roam, free range of course.

2. SweetiePie profile image83

Japan was a much bigger contender in the world economy before the economic crash in the 1990's.  They may be the world's second largest economy, but they are not expanding and producing the way they did in the eighties, and you know it. 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co … 03420.html

They were the world's second largest economy before and they stil are now. I won't bother explaining growth and mature economies to you because it would be a waste of time. I will just remind you, since your original overstatement centered around the auto industry, that Toyota is the world's largest auto maker.

Your understanding of economics is lacking I will just say.  Yes the Asian economy has not fully recovered from the crisis in the late nineties, and your pretending Japan is still the same force it was in the global economy that it was back in the eighties is a farce.  During the eighties there was a big made in the USA campaign to discourage Americans from buying the large number of well made Japanese radio, cars, and many other items, but now Japan has out sourced much of manufacturing just as the US has.  Toyota even makes cars in the US, and not all American made cars are made in the United States.

As for the Japanese economy they also have a deficit, and if you had read the article you would see their population/workforce is in jeopardy because of fewer women having children.  Simplistic statements really do not go over with me since I like to look at a myriad of issues.  I investigate deeply and do not treat people like second class citizens.

Just like you swore up and down that Muslims do not say Happy Ramadan to each other, which they actually do.  Also, I do know Muslims, but you in your ignorance claim to know who I know.  You did not even read the links.  You pretend to be an expert on a myriad of topics, pester people, and tear them down.  There is really nothing interesting or insightful in what you post really.  Same old stale toast.

Let's see:

You said " the Japanese economy that was once a major contender has been out of the game for quite awhile" which by any account is an extreme exagerration. If the second largest economy in the world is "out of the game" and not "a major contender" then there is NO ONE in "the game" or "a contender" but the US, which I'm sure you'll agree is a useless measure.

Then you said "your pretending Japan is still the same force it was in the global economy that it was back in the eighties" when in fact I NEVER SAID THAT.

You can't have a real discussion when you react to having your misstatements pointed by fabricating statements you find easier to respond to.

I hope that clears that up for you.

3. tksensei profile image61

It was never a matter of ingenuity. You remember what the mother of invention is, right?

4. tksensei profile image61

What the hell was that last part about?

1. profile image0

Good luck with the laundry.

That's like drinking a lot of gasoline.

3. dutchman1951 profile image60
        dutchman1951posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lita, I could not help but post to this.

Midwest, or places where CNN or Fox is located be damed.

When your factory is shut down and shipped overseas, or to Mexico, when the Goverment elected dumps money into Wall Street scamers that sild bogus paper under the Trade rules for stock value, and does not put the theives on trial for it?

When Al Gore can get 550,000 in monies funded for an exotic sports car to be built in "Finland!", not the USA.  and Out of Tarp Monies?

When an Auto Union can deal with a candidate? Allowing the lay off of Thousands of workers, and keep only those with a min. 25 years seniority, and then be paid back for the votes with a phony stimulus program. That destrpyed a used car market, so poor folks can not even get one!

When The Economists can lie and say Cars are a "leading" Indicator of economic growth, and not tell the truth, that new car sales follow jobs, and houses first for a majority of Buying behavior?

When no jobs are available to buy a House or a car? and the President then hints at increasing your Tax burden to pay all this back?

When you are told the Medical Coverage that you do have is now possibly to be considerd as earned income for Tax purposes, to offset free and low cost medical programs?  While a Gov. Paid plan is possibply going to be included for all with reduced payments to only a specific group, and you'll just have to accept less, and to pay moore to offset the cost, just to keep what you are working for?

When you are forced into a pay program for any service, and fined if you do not participate? And you are out of work, or on reduced income by retirment or medical loss? Or have been outsorced to India, or Mexico? So you are now on part-time? Possibly eliminated in the future?

When your factory wage of 2200.00 take home is down to 800.00 a month un-employment? And Your state says it can not keep paying the benifit to you? And no jobs are possible? Will McDonalds make up the difference for you? Do you want Fries with that?

When It falls solely on your Wife to make up the differences, if she can even do it? And The marrage bogs down in economic strain. with Kids involved?

At that pont, I suggest it makes no dam difference what Noam Chomsky says or any dam sociology, psychology or anthropological, or Poloitical Science or economic books say! Much less some Political Spin Jack-ass on CNN getting paid by the Leading Party to insult and lie!

You are trying, and you can not get to your feet, socialy implied rules, re-engineerd society norms forced upon you, like school uniforms you can not afford, that some idealist asses of a School Board think is neet and proper? But they can not provide enough Text books for Kids to learn, and are only willing to tech how to pass a state test to advance and thus the district gets Goverment monies? Weither the Kids learned anything is immaterial, as long as the teachers Union gets a raise?

Then add in some obscure laws hidden in Pork, preventing you from getting back up? A goverment manuvering Politicaly, opulantly, over your head telling you to be quiet and accept it? While taking Lobby Bribes?

then please consider this human feeling of mad..? and the eclectic reaction to it is, its all Vanity and Ego?????????

No!

9. blue dog profile image60
    blue dogposted 14 years ago

well, mick, you asked a lot of questions there. 

for starters, many people don't like taking doses of their own medicine.  it's far too bitter.

onward.  yes, there's a loss of faith, perhaps in our government.  for certain, there is a loss of faith in our fellow man.  it's easy for that loss to cross lines into government.

conspiracy?  perhaps if one does a bit of research on the bush crime syndicate the answer becomes clear.  let's take this research back to the turn of the 1900's for a comprehensive understanding.  the last eight years were by design.  sadly, we're not through with that war machine.  jeb is still in the ranks, as is his oldest son.  this nation's nightmare is anything but over.

on the other hand, the transfer of wealth from the middle to upper class is almost complete.  the question then would be do we really need another bush president?

if we were a secret empire, that chapter is almost finished.  america, since it's first colonization by "white" men, has been little more than the punk of world culture.  nowhere is that more apparent than in today's society.  yes, it should be rather obvious, to anyone who's paying attention, which road america is on.

i'm sorry to see that you feel our government creates excuses "for us to put all our faith in them."  you've lost me on that one.  perhaps it's my background, but i put little faith in anything or anyone.  my circle of faith has always been small, and as i get older it continues to lose size.  that circle does not include your god almighty, but a higher spirit than anything that organized religion can attempt to ram down my throat or shove up my ass. 

if, as you suggest, there is a conspiracy involved, where then does the denial fit?  certainly not with the government.  denial belongs to the people.  look around you today.  look through these forums (i suspect that you have).  look at the climate of fear.  look at the climate of disrespect.  look at the climate of ignorance.  look at the climate of hate.  do you even want me to bring up the climate of race? 

it's not the current status of our government that the people are concerned about.  they are concerned about materialism, consumerism, and "honey, how do i look." 

they're not concerned about deformed babies in iraq.  they're not concerned about wedding parties in afghanistan being blown to pieces, they're not concerned about the disappearance of polar ice caps and glaciers.  they are concerned with putting a man on mars.  they are concerned with making sure the great wall of the u.s. spans the entire southern border.  they are concerned with making sure they continue receiving their tax credit for their god-given right to procreate.

it's ironic that the same people who will cheer on a black golfer as he strokes the little white ball are some of the same ones who spread hatred and racism across this "secret empire."

we've not even touched upon the looming energy crisis.  care to discuss peak oil?

1. profile image0

Excellent perspective, BD.  Priorities are screwed up for sure.  And why just look at the government for those?

"it's ironic that the same people who will cheer on a black golfer as he strokes the little white ball are some of the same ones who spread hatred and racism across this "secret empire."

And yes, to the irony.  A very strong way to put it.  It needed to be said.

1. profile image0

What needed to be said? That those who oppose Obama only do so because they are racist? Do you have any actual proof of this?

Blue Duck asks where the conspiracy is, I suggest you two mental midgets are currently engaged in a conspiracy of lies! I know, you are a writer and you have more fans so you must be right, only problem is you and Jimmy Carter have no proof of racism only the charge!

10. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

I find it odd that Obama claims that racism is not driving these protests but all of his minions are

11. bgpappa profile image78
    bgpappaposted 14 years ago

I lost faith under the last administration.  I have faith in the current administration.

My faith in people has been damaged though given their lack of tolerance

1. profile image0

I never had faith in Government, good luck with this bunch!

1. profile image0

Good luck with those antelopes, wink!

= you are a complete partisan and don't really have faith - just bias.

1. profile image0

12. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

And what is the deal with antelope? I obviously missed it, can someone link me please? smile

consider googling oranges are antelopes.

but then, we knew that you know.

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL, that was unintentional, I was in a hurry and did not see the post above lol

Yeah, Pams hub is a fun reading, yet it is heavily one-sided. Not surprisingly. smile

13. BJC profile image69
    BJCposted 14 years ago

Yup, the current administration is aware of what they're doing and want to bankrupt the country so they have the control.  Nope, that is not politically correct (not that I've ever been) but if the economy is on the upswing why are many thousands still losing their jobs?

The events that took place the last few months under Bush, who was no angel, came about from corruption ten years prior when the banks were forced to loan unqualified buyers money to buy a home.  That is just one issue.

1. Strophios profile image62
      Strophiosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why, precisely, does the current administration want to bankrupt the country? I mean, I'm just as happy to distrust the government as the next guy (probably more so) but I still have seen no solid reason for why the diabolical government wants all the terrible outcomes the right keeps screaming about.

1. BJC profile image69
        BJCposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Control.

1. Strophios profile image62
          Strophiosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So they want to bankrupt the country so that they can control it? That seems to be rather the opposite of what to do, particularly in a legitimate democratic republic. I mean, it sort of worked in Zimbabwe but Mugabe didn't obtain control by bankrupting the country, that was just incidental to him being an idiot.

14. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Cause it's cheaper to buy smile

15. BJC profile image69
    BJCposted 14 years ago

If the government controls the country as peopple have fewer freedoms, less jobs etc etc.,  then the government steps in to "save" everyone with their wonderful policies. 

There are huge gaps between what the president is saying and what is really in the healthcare proposal, this is from people who are in the medical field.  The county cannot afford to pay for health insurance for everyone and who is going to treat them as there is not enough doctors.

The last few months someone has been working on a system to shut down all the electronic systems in case of an emergency - that is scary.  Don't recall all the info off hand but will research it this weekend. 

Most people don't want the government in their life making decisions.

16. tksensei profile image61

All the "we" and "them" stuff doesn't make a lot of sense in a democracy.

1. RKHenry profile image64
      RKHenryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Can't you comment on the message, rather than attacking someone for writing their opinion.  The Declaration of the US says, WE THE PEOPLE................. 

Now what Sparky?  You always seem to know all the answers, now what?  Man, what a joke YOU are.

I wasn't "attacking" anyone, I was making an observation on the nature of citizenship and government service in a democracy.

Your comments however are directly and unambiguously a personal attack on me.

17. RockinB profile image60
    RockinBposted 14 years ago

BJC, that which you speak of is S. 773 The Cybersecurity Act of 2009, which gives the federal government (executive branch) authority to "turn off" the internet, which gives one the impression that we the people will no longer have the means to organize....

Our existence over the next 10 years will be very painful for those Americans who are not following what our Congress has been legislating over the last year. One must make their own decisions based on what those facts imply when added together. Below are a few of them from this year, and there are many more going back to 2002 that all point in one basic direction. It matters none what one believes about the current depression, Keynesian or Austrian economics. One must ask themselves if they can sustain their families outside the current market and take immediate action to correct the deficiencies. Even a mouse stores food for hard times. Do you?

HR 3200 Health Care - Massive resource reduction. 
    HR 2998 Cap and Trade – Massive energy reduction. (complex society in collapse)
    HR 759 Control of Farms & Food supply.
    HR 645 FEMA / 6 Regional Command & Control Centers Operational 24 hours a day.
    HJ Res 83 – Amendment to the Constitution to allow representatives to appoint alternate individuals to fill their own vacant congressional & senate seats should one of them go missing, be incapacitated, or dead.
    HR45 Blair Holt Firearms Act / addresses & income tax records of armed citizens in a federal database.

Read what is taking place daily (thomas dot gov) and make informed decisions for your families survival and well being.

Get sustainable, enforce Liberty.

1. nicomp profile image61

Funny how they aren't interested in a constitutional amendment to provide health care. They plan to circumvent the constitutional process on that issue.

18. RockinB profile image60

The government has been shredding our Constitution since 1933 and we the people have done nothing. We will get all of our Liberties back in time. The only question is how much pain are we willing to endure and how much will we have lost before we enforce the 10th Amendment at the state level and abolish the corrupted federal governmnent and start over with term limits, the rule of law, and a free market with no lobbyists. The (TenthAmendmentCenter dot com) website has a wealth of information and this movement is well underway in America.

Join In

1. profile image0

I'm not willing to endure anymore pain

19. RockinB profile image60

Neither am I friend. I say it will be well under way by 2012 at the latest. We must force Austin to act in the interest of the People of Texas. We can do this peaceably or by force if the Governor chooses to continue allowing the Federal Government to infringe on our Liberties and usurp our Constitution with continued Plunder and meaningless laws they have no right in forcing upon Texas. Texas Sovereignty must be upheld by Texans and that alone must be the sole debate for election of the next Governor of Texas. Many States are organizing to resist under the 10th.

Spread the word to all and get involved with your local State representatives. We enforce the 10th Amendment now or be forced into the 2nd Amendment later. We can stop this federal despotism in its tracks very quickly.

TenthAmendmentCenter dot com

1. profile image0

I'm with ya!

20. tksensei profile image61

Chomsky is a brilliant linguist but just another hysterical crank when it comes to politics.

1. dutchman1951 profile image60

I agree TK

Jon

21. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Well since I only got two cents now I reckon I'll put it in the pot, our Federal Government undeclared motto:We've got what it takes to take what you've got.wink

1. dutchman1951 profile image60

lol...man is this the truth

Jon

1. profile image0
        ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, and think on this : only a government that is wealthy and secure can afford to be a democracy, for democracy is the most expensive and crookedest kind of government ever thought up.

Now I am broke, will shut my bank account. smile

22. profile image56
    onetrueheartposted 14 years ago

Well with the time spent belly aching you could get a job to pay your taxes.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)