What is your perception of death?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (28 posts)
  1. gmwilliams profile image83
    gmwilliamsposted 10 years ago

What is your perception of death?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8174052_f260.jpg

2. Borsia profile image39
    Borsiaposted 10 years ago

As am atheist I believe that death is the end.
    After death all consciousness ends and we return to the elements from which we were formed.
    I don't believe that we move on to another life form or reincarnate in any way. I don't believe that our spirit lives on. Once the brain ceases to function we are gone.
    Keep in mind that this is my personal belief and not one held by all atheists. I'm sure many believe in other theories of what happens after death.

gmwilliamsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You have a right to your belief.  I applaud you.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 10 years ago

Death to me is the beginning of a much brighter new life. We will leave this old flesh and our souls will ascend to Heaven where we will meet our friends and loved one's we have lost along the way. What a new day this will be.Reunited with God, our Lord and savior Jesus Christ, and our loved one's.

gmwilliamsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Beautiful answer!

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you very much gm.

4. ratnaveera profile image59
    ratnaveeraposted 10 years ago

Death is the beginning of the spiritual life and temporary or permanent end of physical life. If you had lived a genuine life in this physical world, you might be qualified to enjoy a happy and peaceful life in the eternal spiritual world which is ruled by God and other holy spirits. This is the belief of major religions of the world.

5. stanwshura profile image72
    stanwshuraposted 10 years ago

I think death is the fall into a great, but hopefully not permanent, fall into the big nothing.  No sensorial or cognitive perception and a break from consciousness - from sentience altogether.  The deepest sleep by those who are no longer.  No effect of the world ('cause you're dead) and no sensing or awareness of it (again, because you're dead).  No Heaven.  No Hell.  No anything.  In other words:  the most thorough and infinitely dark ceasing to be.

6. profile image0
    MysticMoonlightposted 10 years ago

That it is a beginning. A rebirth into something beyond what we know now, during this existence. We must physically die to be renewed and delivered onto another spiritual level and form. One cannot become all that we are meant to be in this one physical lifetime. It is where we reunite with those that have gone on before us, grow, exist on a level our human mind cannot grasp. It is the starting point of transformation.

1. Emanate Presence profile image70
      Emanate Presenceposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Love it!

7. IDONO profile image61
    IDONOposted 10 years ago

If we don't believe in any kind of an after life, we have already experienced a state of death. After death would be no different than before you were born. Right?

An interesting a provocative answer, IDONO. I like it. Such a subject for ongoing dialog....

2. IDONO profile image61
      IDONOposted 10 years agoin reply to this

EP. This came from a conversation I had with a friend one time. We were talking about why the thought of "before birth" doesn't create fear, but the thought of after death does. This ? didn't ask this, but the conversation came to mind.

3. Emanate Presence profile image70

IDONO, ah!
      That makes it all clear, and brings it round.

Did you and your friend come to any conclusion?

Maybe before birth, well, whatever it was already happened and here I am.

After death, it is still an unknown for most. Fear of the unknown.

4. IDONO profile image61

EP. No conclusions. More ?s. I think what scares us is that "here I am" is a result of what  "already happened." Is the key to heaven (afterlife) based on what we do now? Your idea would mean we are presently in heaven or hell as a result of B4 birth

5. Emanate Presence profile image70

No conclusions here either, IDONO. Just an ever-expanding & evolving perspective.

'Your idea would mean we are presently in heaven or hell as a result of B4 birth.'

I see your point.  Do we create our experience on both sides, in each dimensi

6. IDONO profile image61

Maybe. But at some point they would have to cross paths or there would be no purpose and I've always been taught that everything has a purpose. We can't be talking Doppelganger or they would have to exist at the same time.

7. Emanate Presence profile image70

Will look up Doppelganger, whether quantum mechanics or a German rock band. There is still to explore the theory that all possibilities exist in the same instant. I see not a wheel of rebirth but a continuity which varies with ind'l awareness. More..

8. IDONO profile image61

Doppelganger is a mirror image copy of one's self. They look identical but usually one is good and one is evil. They are exact opposites. Your stuff is getting a little heady for me. I'm getting lost in philosophical jargon. Please come back to earth

8. kmaskreations profile image57
    kmaskreationsposted 10 years ago

Victory for Christians! (1 Cor. 15:51-57) Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed. For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality. When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.” “O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?” ...
    Life for Christians! (John 11:25) Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live,

1. Kiss andTales profile image59
      Kiss andTalesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I learned as a bible student That death was a sentence given to Our first human parents, Adam and Eve ,because they challenge thier Father ,Almighty God's Authority over what was Good and bad,Because they listen to the voice of satan,(snake) .

9. Emanate Presence profile image70
    Emanate Presenceposted 10 years ago

Though death is a doorway we all will go through at the end of this lifetime, what each person experiences on the other side will be as unique as the individual.

In other words, the experience of death is not the same for everyone.

So the question is perceptive by asking the *perception* of death.

Those who believe this life is all there is may be right, for them. A light bulb turned off is the experience they create, even if it is something like blindfolding oneself to other possibilities. My wife and I were live-in caregivers for a year, to a woman with cancer and paraplegia. She adamantly believed the light simply goes out at death. She passed, and though not fond of speculation, it is not difficult for me to imagine that her flame of awareness is still held in limbo by the beliefs she did not move beyond while in the body.

Those who exit the body with strong faith in their interpretation of a Christian afterlife, likely will see their conceptions realized to a point, until other realities are revealed. We are in a holodeck of an illusionary world here, and for some it will continue into the next existence, just with new trappings. Beliefs will be even more readily projected in their afterlife, as the middle dimensions are not as slow as the 3rd.

The ones who realize who and what they are, and their place in the multi-dimensional universe, will be more the captains of their fate. As any residual pre-conceived ideas and rigid beliefs are dropped from the subtle body, allowing 'what is' to appear, these units of consciousness will be free to rise to the higher dimensions.

These are my own conceptions, of course.

The Emanate Presence hubs 'What Do You Believe and Why?' and 'Death Transformed - the Song of the Star-Gazing Wanderer' go further into the subject.

Add to my answer, and with all respect, my perception of death for the many who live only a physical life is that their body is returned to the earth and their animating spark, or UOC if they have one, is recycled back into 'stardust' - a metaphor.

10. Kiss andTales profile image59
    Kiss andTalesposted 10 years ago

Death is what the bible says Romans 5:12 ,17,19 , 1 Cor.15:22 says "in Adam all are dying. We as humans where all born to die, marked by Adam and Eve due to disobedience ,they had a choice to eat from all the other fruit trees , even the tree of life, yet satan posing as a serpent tempted her to eat from the tree of good and bad,knowing she would die eternally ,that is why satan is called a manslayer John 8:44. And satan is still working hard to get people to listen to him and not the truth ,to finish off the rest of the human family,  What is the truth ,that the sentence of death was given ,because they called Almighty God a lier, meaning ,satan said they would not die , now who really is a lier . Adam and Eve are dead forever,no resurrection or hope for them, yet God Almighty worked out a cure for us., how ! some one paid a price to release us from dying forever . His son was given as a trade for us ,he replace Adam as our father ,and his human body was given back to God in our behalf,So we have been paid for ,not with money, Not with gold but a Prince purchased us ,and now he is a heavenly king sitting in office. Looking for future citizens ,who will be subjects of the New heavens and Earth. Isaiah 66:22 " "says there are a new heavens and earth" and Isaiah 33:24 say " no one will say I am sick,the people dwelling in the land, and there will be a resurrection of the righteous and unrighteous ,all those in the memorial tombs or graves will hear his voice and come out, yes this is possible. Have you ever heard some one call your name while sleep and you wake up, So it will be with those who have died, he will call and they will answer. John 5:28-29 ,once the earth is cleaned off again, homes will be built and the earth will be ready to welcome families back, the bible tells the beginning of death, and it also tells the ending , We have a lot ahead of us to look forward to ,this is truly the good news of God's Kingdom!

11. June OConnor profile image60
    June OConnorposted 10 years ago

Discovering who I was meant I found I was spirit experiencing humanity.  I think when we die we understand ourselves more fully.  Other people who have passed often seem very close to me at times.  It seems as if they are in another dimension.  How those in that dimension are experiencing that life is beyond me.

Have you written any hubs on the subject? I have dreams of those who've passed through the veil, sometimes they seem real. And experienced earthbound souls in the wilderness - hub 'Return to the River of No Return.' Blessings on your path.

12. BuffaloGal1960 profile image68
    BuffaloGal1960posted 10 years ago

"To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord".  That's what Paul wrote in the Bible and I believe the Bible is the infallible  Word of God.

13. myefforts profile image52
    myeffortsposted 10 years ago

Humans are made of two parts, the physical one and the spiritual one. When the soul or spirit enters the physical body, that is the birth. The body grows to a limit throughout the life. Death is when the soul is separated from the physical body and goes back up from where it came. After that there is a transition period the length of which we don't know. Then there will be a judgement day. Every person will be rewarded according to the deeds he/she did in this world.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)