What is the perfect age for a woman to get married?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Robie Benve profile image95
    Robie Benveposted 10 years ago

What is the perfect age for a woman to get married?

My daughter asked me this question and I am not sure what the best age to get married is. What you think? How old should the bride be to be a good wife and mother?

2. IslandBites profile image90
    IslandBitesposted 10 years ago

There is no perfect age. Each woman (and man) is different. (In fact, it depends on the couple.) Is the couple in love? Are they both mature enough? Are they both ready for the responsibilities of a home? And so on.

3. Dreamlin profile image55
    Dreamlinposted 10 years ago

I don't think there is a perfect age for a woman to get married. The more important thing is when the perfect match comes along then it's time to think about marriage. A marriage becomes meaningless if one finds a wrong partner and worse if there are children involved. Some people get married when they were mere teenagers, but the relationship lasts more than 7 decades and is still going strong. So I believe the right time to get married is when you fall in love with the one who loves you the same.

4. dashingscorpio profile image78
    dashingscorpioposted 10 years ago

It's not about age as it is being truly prepared for that type of commitment as well as having one's house in order to give themselves the best chance of succeeding. Most marriages fail become people select the wrong mate for themselves. This often happens when one has not figured out who they them self are, what they want, or need in a mate. Essentially they have not experienced enough life or have done the necessary introspective thinking. Lack maturity & discipline. Still want to party like they are single.
    Another leading cause for divorce is getting married for the "wrong reasons". This may vary from an unplanned pregnancy, an ultimatum was given, someone is being shipped off to war, "all my friends are getting married", it's an age goal, or What the hell? (might as well)...etc
    Last but not least having no sound plan for the future often leads to divorce. People get married without having an education or training to establish a career path, start having children before they can afford to care for them, carrying large amounts of debt and hope their parents will rescue them or it will magically take care of itself. Stress on top of learning to share your life with someone is too much to bear for a lot of folks.

5. edhan profile image36
    edhanposted 10 years ago

I told my daughter it is between 21 - 30 when she has started her career. The reason is because it is better to have kids before getting too old so that she can witness her kids to be married.

6. profile image0
    AK Chenowethposted 10 years ago

When she feels ready and if she's really wants to, not because others want her to or think she is 'ready' or because her 'biological clock is ticking'.  Some women are great mothers at 16, some older and some will never be a good mother!

7. liesl5858 profile image83
    liesl5858posted 10 years ago

I think there is no perfect or specific age to get married. Getting married to the right person that you love is the best thing that could ever happen. You get married when you are ready to settle down and have kids but also you have to think if you are able to provide for a family of your own or not.

8. lburmaster profile image71
    lburmasterposted 10 years ago

My mother always told me to get married when I was 26, which is when she got married. However, I always wanted to get married around 24. I wanted to share time with my partner. For him to be involved with my college life and to keep me grounded in who I was at that time. So far it's worked. But mainly it comes down to their psychological intelligence, time management skills, maturity, etc. Can they handle it? Do they get along with their partner? How do both of them handle stress and arguments? Etc.
    However, if someone does get married their first year out of high school or as a freshmen in college, they aren't ready.

9. hyp profile image71
    hypposted 10 years ago

on my high school years, I remember my teacher said (in her opinion), the best age to get married is 27. But for me, there's no perfect age to get married.

It's best to get married if you found your love of your life and feel that he loves you as you do.

1. PoeticFailosophy profile image56
      PoeticFailosophyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

lol, I'm guessing your teacher got married around 27?  People who insist there is an ideal age always seem to pick their own marriage age as the best number.  Never fails to amuse me.

10. Pamela N Red profile image84
    Pamela N Redposted 10 years ago

Everyone matures at different rates so you can't really go by age. Some are ready at a young age and know they are in love. I know marriages that have lasted 50 plus years and the partners married in their teens.

She may be mature enough but is her partner? If they are both ready and feel committed to one another that is the main thing.

11. carol7777 profile image75
    carol7777posted 10 years ago

As most have said here..there is no age.  However, probably best to be at least out of your teens, and if you are very young have a long engagement.

12. icv profile image52
    icvposted 10 years ago

this is a interesting question. actually my college friends wants to conduct a discussion about the same question. in my opinion, the best time for marriage of women is when they become mature both mentally and physically....

13. PoeticFailosophy profile image56
    PoeticFailosophyposted 10 years ago

There is a very small window, between the ages of 18 and 112.  It is important that you not miss this short interval or else you will find yourself  an old maid at 113!

14. DDE profile image47
    DDEposted 10 years ago

She should be 26 or 27 to get married so by the time she has kids of her own she will be mature enough to cope with her challenges ahead

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)