What helps you relax after a busy day?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (25 posts)
  1. aviannovice profile image86
    aviannoviceposted 10 years ago

What helps you relax after a busy day?

2. Jackie Lynnley profile image85
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 10 years ago

I mess with my hundreds of pictures; many I have not even opened to see yet and sort through what I will keep or delete, or sometimes I play a game at MSN where there are countless ones to play or you can download if you'd rather. Sometimes I just go through online headlines since I don't watch TV but I do often pop in an old favorite movie before I go to sleep. Just to name a few! lol

aviannoviceposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That sounds like a sensible way to unwind, Jackie.

3. janshares profile image94
    jansharesposted 10 years ago

I relax with a strong, hot cup of tea with milk and sugar. It has to be nice and hot for maximum satisfaction. Hot black tea is a stress outlet for me. Yes, I love it so much I did a hub about it.

Yes, Jan, that is another great idea!

4. genrp profile image60
    genrpposted 10 years ago

Facetime with my boyfriend and just sleep.

Such simple things, yet they can be so invigorating.  Thanks, genre.

5. thumbi7 profile image60
    thumbi7posted 10 years ago

A nice warm water bath is refreshing to me.
    I take a big mug of coffee/tea.slump down into the couch with the TV remote in my hand.
    Usually while surfing through the channels and watching some news channels or movies I sleep off

That's a fabulous idea!

2. The Examiner-1 profile image60
      The Examiner-1posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I could not sleep with the news channels on. The sirens, yelling and violence would get me excited and wake me up.

6. aDayInMyLife1 profile image89
    aDayInMyLife1posted 10 years ago

What helps me relax after a busy day is some peace and quiet alone time. Either that or just sitting and having a chat with my wife about how the day went.

Quiet makes a big difference after a lot of noise al day.  Thanks for telling me what works for you.

7. DDE profile image47
    DDEposted 10 years ago

I have  some mint tea and a warm bath  with a folded towel under my neck I close my eyes  while in the tub and listen to the quite and peaceful moment. This way I can be free from it all.

Too bad I can't have a tub outside…wait a minute!  I go there every day!  Think I'd get arrested though...

8. The Examiner-1 profile image60
    The Examiner-1posted 10 years ago

Forgetting about the problems of the day and not doing any work from the office. Just relaxing and doing the things that you want to.

That sounds great to me.  I'd like to have a wood shop upon retirement and build small crafts.  That has alway been a dream of mine.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image60
      The Examiner-1posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I always wanted a woodshop too, but I never did. I took it for 6 years in high school.

9. profile image0
    articleshomeposted 10 years ago

There are many ways to relax after a busy day; such as:-
    1. Read a book, which you like the most
    2. Watch TV Program, which you like
    3. Go for a small walk
    4. Have a Cup of Tea/Coffee
    5. Listen to music
    6. Eat something to get some energy
    7. You can take warm water bath and massage your body with some oil(I use Mustard Oil)
    To know more about Relaxation, you can Read this Blog post-http://www.weightlossplanblog.com/p/weight-loss-exercise-manage-your-stress.html

Just seeking opinions at this stage, but thanks.

10. profile image50
    CarlSaimonposted 10 years ago

Well , for me , I like to do exercise untill with A lot of sweat , then soak in a hot tub ,after that very leisurely to do other things .

That IS a great plan, Carl, thanks for the great idea.

11. ChitrangadaSharan profile image92
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 10 years ago

Spending some quiet moments with my family, some light soulful music and  some coffee  on the couch.

I like the sound of that.

12. teaches12345 profile image78
    teaches12345posted 10 years ago

I find kicking off shoes and dressing in my t-shirt and jeans to begin the unwind for the day.  I also have a cup of tea, call my sister or friend to chat for a few minutes.  If I am able, I watch a favorite old movie or take a long hot bath.  Don't check emails or bills right away... wait until you can handle it!

That makes so much sense, to care for the self first, above everything else.  I like it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)