Do you think the ENEMY attacks us by making us want what we cannot have?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (29 posts)
  1. MissMelissaK profile image81
    MissMelissaKposted 10 years ago

Do you think the ENEMY attacks us by making us want what we cannot have?

Fate gives us what we have whether we like it or not. Whether we have plenty or little, it is our fate.  Do you think satan tortures those who long for what they cannot have? Do you think he is happy to have you see the man who ripped your heart into shreds prosper? Why do I ask?  Because the pain is hard to stomach sometimes.  A shaking suffocating tearful pain. It's not warranted but it is what it is and it hurts like hell and I can only trust God and surrender those emotions to the Lord. That's all I can do at this point.  Chapter 6:1-2 in Ecclesiastes is very helpful in helping me to cope.

2. profile image0
    Sri Tposted 10 years ago

Interesting point of view, but the master said, "whatever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them." And, "if thou canst believe, all things are possible to him who believeth". In other words, he teaches that the responsibility to believe is on you. Lots of people are getting healings every day because they believe. Millionaires and billionaires are making more money every day. But it always comes down to the correct knowledge and their faith and actions. You have to direct or request assistance from God. Then keep believing and thanking him until you locate the right ideas, information or it materializes in some way. Christ said, it is the Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. So it's not about struggling. It's about having the right teachings, the right understanding of the law of cause and effect and the right consciousness. Jesus said, according to "your" faith be it unto you.

MissMelissaKposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I don't know what to say.  Now I'm even more confused.  I feel that God does say no sometimes to what we ask for.  He either says yes, no or wait.  He does not grant us everything we ask for and maybe we should be thankful for just that but it's hard

2. profile image0
      Sri Tposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The tricky part is tuning into the right ideas. He may not have said no, but the person did not recognize the right ideas, or they didn't act on it immediately or they quit too soon. They have to see the sign and then follow it. It's already theirs.

3. tlmcgaa70 profile image59
      tlmcgaa70posted 10 years agoin reply to this

what most people miss is that it also says to seek ye first the kingdom of GOD and HIS righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you. this means when you ask GOD for a thing, be sure you want HIS Will above your own.

4. MissMelissaK profile image81

I agree.  I often meditate on "Thy will be done."  It's not my world.  God created it for his purpose.  I surrender to God.  I'm too weak to fight anymore and I shouldn't fight in the first place.  My desire to fight overcomes me sometimes sadly.

5. profile image0

I have seen miracles from the scripture, 'stand ye still and see the salvation of the Lord'. I just stood still and the problems disappeared without me doing anything. So the battle is not mine, thank God! I will gladly stand still, lol.

3. The Stages Of ME profile image81
    The Stages Of MEposted 10 years ago

Pain, is so relative in this world, but this is just a moment in our forever.  One must not get confused by the wants of this world, for while they are enticing, they are snags that in this clouded vision, make them appear to be better than, what one might have, this can feel like a slap in the face. I would only suggest we not value ourselves, or our life by the external of those things or people around us. Often, those things are a mask to the reality of the world that lies beneath.  If we see ourself, as a child of God, then we know we are so loved and valued beyond measure. We have all we need, and the joy of our insight into the desires of our heart, to live for, purpose, outside of self is all we need. This kind of joy and love is contagious and intangible, when it's ours, others will want it. Those that have walked away will be jealous of it, and we will offer it freely, even then they may not seek to have it. The coolest thing is anyone can have this type of richness in their life. Seeking, it is free, maintaining it is free and sharing it is inevitable. However, many caught in the snags of this world will miss its offering. So who truly has more, in the end. Never covet, for we will be lost in confusion, only seek the joy that is to be had, it's free, let the rest go and grasp the joy of our life. We deserve much, and to those whom much is given much is expected. The much, I speak of is not necessarily tangible. We are worthy of much and when we worry less about evil succeeding, that evil will be conquered, by joy.

Thank you so much.

2. tlmcgaa70 profile image59

very well said Stages of Me

3. MissMelissaK profile image81

I reread your reply.  I love it so much and it's so true and I feel God working in your life and your faith has touched me deeply.  Thank you. :-)  My favorite line is about the mask to the reality of the world that lies beneath.  So true and so deep

4. tlmcgaa70 profile image59
    tlmcgaa70posted 10 years ago

i have no doubt that satan wants us to fail. he whispers to us, and couches a nibble of truth in a lake of lies, so that the lies sound like truth. he knows us intimately, he knows what our heart yearns for. he knows what our weaknesses are. his ultimate goal is to cause us to turn away from GOD.  this is why it is so vital to read GODs word daily and pray consistently. through this GOD teaches us HIS will, and HE teaches us that we can trust HIM. as for this person, it is imperative that you forgive them of the wrong they did. forgiveness will heal you and make you stronger.  even if you never tell them of the forgiveness, it must be genuine in your heart. we are to love our enemy, and love seeks not to harm but to heal, to lift others up. rejoice that this person is doing well. remember that what you think, feel and say, you are responsible for. GOD will deal with others, just as HE will deal with you. therefore it behooves us to make sure we are right with oiur GOD and not labor over anothers state of affairs. until you have the strength to forgive and let the past go, cling to GOD and HIS promises.

Thank you. I know God loves ALL people. I have to work through my bitterness in order to forgive him. Psalm 37 helps.  I pray that God gives me a discerning forgiving transformed heart. I'm only hurting myself.

5. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 10 years ago

I disagree with anyone who tells you you're not getting what you want because you don't have enough faith. Sometimes God's answer to our prayers are a resounding "No, you can't have it", not because you lack faith but because he has better things planned for you. With that said, yes I believe Satan attacks us by whispering in our ears and making us desire things so that when we can't them ourselves or God says no, we battle the pain and may turn away from God. Couple that disappointment with people telling you you're not getting it because you don't have enough faith and that's enough to make anyone want to give up. Hurting so badly and surrendering that God is exactly what you need to be doing. Keep the faith.

Thanks.I feel that this is a lesson I must learn.I will reap what I sow. If I sowed sin, I will reap the consequences one way or another.We all will. I just didn't expect the pain to hit me so hard 8 years later. He's forgotten all about me by now.

2. profile image0

Jesus said it is because of a lack of faith. So if you disagree, then you don't believe in his teachings. Miracles are brought about by faith. With God all things are possible, if you believe. If you don't believe, no miracles happen. Do you believe?

3. tlmcgaa70 profile image59

it still boils down to a matter of faith. faith in knowing GOD knows best. faith that HIS no is a good thing for us. faith that HE will teach us what HE wants from us. what HE has in store for us.

4. profile image0
      sheilamyersposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Amen tlmcgaa

6. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 10 years ago

I am not sure. Once I was told if you pray for patience then expect God to bring problems upon you. Those will teach patience. I use that hopeful wisdom as a guide at times. I tend to think Satan cares not of anything. Not even of the self of Satan. That presence only places obstacles in paths. I lean on the wisdom in Job (chpt 28). I ponder it every day and then do the best I can to keep on keeping on.

1. tlmcgaa70 profile image59

ah, but satan DOES care for himself. the bible tells us he is like a roaring lion and knows his time is short. if satan did not care about himself he would not care that his time was short. he would not have rebelled in the first place.

7. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 10 years ago

Fate is ours to choose and we can make our life what we want it to be. Our lives, and fate is not written in stone because we can change it.
    Wealthy people believe that they create their own life and wealth and that it doesn’t just happen, even those who believe in God. Poor people sometimes think that their fate is laid out for them by God, even to be poor. So no matter what they do, all their actions are in vain and therefore they can’t be anything but poor.
    Wealthy people don’t think fate is laid out for them so they create the life they want.
    God gives us choices and is not cruel enough to give one person a hopeless existence while giving another person a perfect life. 
    You don't have to live a life of pain. Try changing your pain into joy.
    It is true that people make different choices than we want them to and it may hurt, if we allow it to, but every tear is our choice. We can control those tears and go on while realizing that every trial we go through makes us stronger, and that they are lessons not fate.
    I hope things turn out good for you

8. MissMelissaK profile image81
    MissMelissaKposted 10 years ago

Thank you everyone for your input.  I have learned something very important today.  There is nothing in the world that compares to God's love.  When you actually feel his love embracing you, it's an incredible feeling that no one and I mean no one can give you so don't waste time envying anyone or being bitter about the cards that have been dealt to you for life is very short and then we face eternity.  God's love is neverending!!! His love is amazing and complete!!!  Don't ask me what has happened but I studied the book of Ecclesiastes Chapter 6 and I couldn't agree more with God's Word.  Life without God is nothing.  Life with God is everything you'll ever need or want.  I meditate on "The Lord is my Shephard I shall not want." verse for peace. :-) Prayer is powerful and I feel his blessings pouring out all around me.  Praise the Lord!  I pray you find him too.  God bless! :-)

1. tlmcgaa70 profile image59

amen! i am so glad you found the peace GOD offers all HIS children. (((HUGZ)))

2. MissMelissaK profile image81

God bless you tlmcgaa70!! :-)  And hugs right back at you.  God is amazing and I trust him with all my heart.  Hope you have a beautiful weekend! :-)

9. Penny G profile image60
    Penny Gposted 10 years ago

It attacks whatever is your weakness. If that doesn't work the enemy will try something else. If there was not temptation or tests and trials, what would be the challenge. It is all part of the plan and process.

Verry good point.  No matter who you are, what you do, or where you're at, you are faced with some sort of challenge. ;-)

10. manatita44 profile image70
    manatita44posted 10 years ago

I take the positive here. You are reaching out to God, and as you say Ecclesiastes is very helpful in helping you to cope. Would you have done this with an easy life?

The pain is hard to bear, and you are suffocating. I really feel for you and you have my sincere empathy. Teaching in parables is done even today and is not new. A woman asked the Buddha to bring her son back to life, and the Buddha agreed on condition that she brought him some mustard seeds from a family that had not experienced pain. She could not and learnt wisdom along the way.

Pain or adversity is never easy, but they come with life lessons and encourages empathy amongst other things. They help us to grow.

The enemy is our own weaknesses: Doubt, insecurity, anger, fear, attachments and passions ... I could go on. They exists in the voice that tells you that someone else ripped your heart into shreds. Was it like this when you agreed to the relationship?

One cannot separate pain and pleasure. They go together. We measure evil by the good that is here, and light by darkness. Without the mountain there will be no valleys, and without the shadow there will be no perception of light.

Hope this helps and much healing thoughts heading in your direction. Peace.

Thank you so much.  You're very wise.

2. manatita44 profile image70
      manatita44posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I am glad that you seem to take this well. I sat at the feet of a rare Soul for 32 years, and offer you the fruit of my own experience. You are a very special child of God. Learn what you can, no matter how painful, and go forward. Healing thoughts.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)