Women, what is your favorite fragrance to wear, if you wear a fragrance? Men, wh

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (44 posts)
  1. Faith Reaper profile image84
    Faith Reaperposted 9 years ago

Women, what is your favorite fragrance to wear, if you wear a fragrance? Men, what fragrance do you

Women, if you wear a fragrance/perfume, which one is your favorite and why? Men, which fragrance do you love to smell on a woman, if any?  Of course, taking into consideration that we all have a different chemical makeup, so fragrances will smell differently on each women for the most part.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12019701_f260.jpg

2. micko27 profile image65
    micko27posted 9 years ago

I like paco rabanne the most, just because I think it smell good! smile

Faith Reaperposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hello micko27, thanks for being the first to answer.  Ah, yes, the Spanish fashion designer. He has been around for a long time.

3. Genna East profile image82
    Genna Eastposted 9 years ago

I love White Musk.  It is light and has a natural scent that isn't overpowering.  You are so right in that the scent will smell differently as we each have our own chemical makeup. Fun question, Theresa. Have a good weekend. :-)

Hi Genna, oh, for sure, any fragrance that has a natural and non-overpowering scent is always my favorite too, especially when one is sensitive to such, as I am. Thank you!

2. no body profile image67
      no bodyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, you can't love your wife and eat her too. I really don't know what perfume she uses. I only know that she smells like heaven on earth. I don't think she would like me to buy her fragrance. It's one of the few things she must do herself. hahaha

3. Faith Reaper profile image84

Hahaha I understand, no body, about picking out our own fragrance and you responding under the wrong comment : )

4. liesl5858 profile image83
    liesl5858posted 9 years ago

I like Angel because it has nice smell and not too overpowering. My husband bought one for me on one of my birthdays and I was hooked on it.

Hello lies, Thank you for answering. I love Angel for that same reason too. Your husband has good taste!

5. bravewarrior profile image87
    bravewarriorposted 9 years ago

My all time favorite scent is Patchouli oil. I also like Gucci, Fire and Ice, and Ici.

When I worked outside the home I'd wear a different scent everyday based on what I was wearing. Fridays were always Patchouli oil. That was our jeans day.

Hi Sha, Fridays are our jeans day too, hmm, I must try out the Patchouli oil.  You have great taste in lovely fragrances no doubt!  Thank you for taking time to answer.

6. no body profile image67
    no bodyposted 9 years ago

I love to smell a good musk on a woman. It is deep and sweet and not sharp like a lot of the flower fragrances. I will only wear what my wife likes. She seems to like me to wear the same cologne all the time. I don't care if she changes up but there are a few that she has worn that I have smiled when I am with her and then teared up as I left as the sharpness took my breath away, and in not a good way. But when she wears a deep musk, I can't get enough of her, like I want to take a bite right out of her! Luckily, I gave up the eating of human flesh a while back. hahaha

Hahaha ...great answer, no body, and thank you for expressing how you felt when your wife wears that musk fragrance! I am glad you gave up the eating of human flesh lol ...

2. no body profile image67
      no bodyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

sorry I wrote my response under another comment. I am so scatter-brained sometimes.

Oh, no problem, no body, as I, too, am that wat far too often than not! Lol

7. ocfireflies profile image71
    ocfirefliesposted 9 years ago

Amarige de ?
    I think it is a Lancome perfume

Hi Kim, thank you for sharing.  Lancome always has a great line of products. Hugs and blessings

8. celafoe profile image54
    celafoeposted 9 years ago

I dont know the name but i love the vanilla and ginger one from bed bath and beyond on my gal.    They also have soap in like it.

Sounds yummy, celafoe! Woo... I bet the soap is heavenly too. Thank you for sharing here.

9. Sunshine625 profile image86
    Sunshine625posted 9 years ago

My favorite fragrance is soap. Just soap and water. My sense of smell is sensitive and scents give me headaches. Which by the way, I'd like to mention to those of you who do wear scents...the proper way to apply fragrances is to lightly spritz them, no to bathe in them...that is what soap and water is for. If I walk into another plume of perfume, I might hurt some one and I won't be held accountable. Great question, Faith Reaper! smile

Hi Sunshine, I am using soap right now too myself, as I am so sensitive too to those overwhelming scents, but I do like the clean fresh scents. When I get into an elevator and instantly get a headache, not good. True, mist the air then walk into it.

10. tlmcgaa70 profile image60
    tlmcgaa70posted 9 years ago

i have three i prefer, and wear according to my moods...charlie gold, windsong and eternity. i just like the way they smell.

Hi, tlmcgaa, Thank you for answering.  Oh, my husband loves the Eternity on me and it does smell wonderful, and for men.  I believe I tried Windsong a long time ago and loved it. Right now I am just using Argan oil soap.

11. Jackie Lynnley profile image84
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 9 years ago

I love White Musk, Gloria Vanderbilt, White Diamonds and a couple others not coming to mind I am sure but I cannot use them anymore so body wash is the only fragrance I can have and something light scented there. I can use a small bit of Sweet Honesty by Avon on a good day, because it is so light and someone would have to be right at me to smell it and of course with all the doctor office and hospital warnings to not wear perfumes there I find it best to just abstain. lol But I do miss it.

Hi Jackie, I do love the WM and all those you have mentioned too. Elizabeth Taylor's fragrance is always nice. Yes, I have to go very light nowadays too. I will have to try the Avon. I just use natural oil soap or body wash. Head pounds if too strong

2. Jackie Lynnley profile image84
      Jackie Lynnleyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I know Theresa; and it just takes my breath. I like the fruity or citrus body washes, coconut is a big favorite too.

Yes, Jackie,  I like fresh  citrus body wash as it is always refreshing.  I really love coconut (anything) too ... always my favorite.  Hugs

4. Jackie Lynnley profile image84
      Jackie Lynnleyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I was just thinking about a fragrance I was crazy about as a teen. L'Aimont I think it was. I loved it so much...hey would be a good question...lol

5. Faith Reaper profile image84

Yes, Jackie, that would be ...I am trying to remember back that far ....lol

12. Sparklea profile image61
    Sparkleaposted 9 years ago

HI Dear Faith;
    I have used Avon Odyssey for years but I also use an extra squirt of "Curious" spray ....I think it is Brittany Spears line...not crazy about her but I smelled the scent passing a stranger in a store and asked her what it was, and I loved the light scent.
    So, there, I wear TWO, not one. 
    For men I love the cologne by Dale Earnhart Jr., can't remember the name right now, but it is awesome.  Used to love the Old Spice Musk, but I don't think they make it any more.
    I DO love musk scent on females, but I haven't found one for me.  LOVE the question AND the answers. 
    I just know I do not feel 'dressed' without my sparkly jewelry, makeup and cologne every single day, even if I don't leave the house. Blessings, Sparklea

Hi Dear Sparklea, you are one class act there, always dressed up and beautiful no doubt and smelling lovely. I will have to check these out, especially being light scents. I know you are working so hard on your novel, so I apprectiate you taking time

13. brakel2 profile image74
    brakel2posted 9 years ago

i like Jennifer Aniston fragrance, but my favorite is a body lotion that is lavender vanilla. It is a calming fragrance, which I also use as a room deodorizer and in a warming candle. When I meditate, I even imagine the use of lavender vanilla on my body. I know several people that like the light fragrance of body lotion, and it takes away the stress of the day.

Hi Audrey, thank you so much for answering.  Yes, I am finding that I like body lotion more nowadays as opposed to spritzing a fragrance on me, plus it helps my dry skin and the smell is more intimate and it calming.  Blessings

14. Arachnea profile image67
    Arachneaposted 9 years ago

Masquerade and Chloe are my two most favorite fragrances. They are no longer easily found in the boutiques, but they are simply marvelous to me.

Hi Arachnea, thank you for answering.  I am not sure that I have heard of or tried Masquerade, but I know Chloe is a lovely fragrance.  Maybe they can be found easily online now?

15. Easy Exercise profile image85
    Easy Exerciseposted 9 years ago

What a fun question - thank you!

I love Zen (by Zhiseido), Happy (by Clinique), and Tova Signature (on QVC). I always get compliments when I wear Zen so my chemistry and Zen somehow must match.

I agree with the response that we must change our scent each day.

The body sprays at Walgreens, Victoria Secrete and Bath and Body Works are great values (and ideal stocking stuffers).

Perfume makes me happy.

I also try to have the rooms in our home purified with an air ozonator (works fantastic on fish, garlic and other lingering smells from cooking) and LOVE the Lampe Berge.

Hi Easy Exercise, I have not tried Zen or Tova Signature, but do love Happy.  Yes, I have found the body sprays to be really nice and for sure great stocking stuffers. Oh, that sounds wonderful about the home purified ...will have to try that too!

16. teaches12345 profile image76
    teaches12345posted 9 years ago

I actually use and love the lotions and creams from Whole foods, especially the coconut vanilla. It has a soft scent and lingers well.  I love your question and enjoyed reading what others wear.

Hi teaches, I can so relate, as just this past night I picked up some body lotion at the local drug store by Organix with coconut milk proteins, hibiscus extract, sugar can, willow bark, rice milk and bamboo extract, and it smells soft and heavenly.

17. readmylips profile image60
    readmylipsposted 9 years ago

I have been wearing "Rapture" by Victoria's Secret for almost twenty years. On a man, I love to smell Tommy Hilfiger! Still the number one cologne, in my opinion! smile

Hello readmylips, I love your hubber name!  Woo, "Rapture" sounds intoxicating.  Love the Tommy on men too. I have tried other fragrances by Victoria's Secret and they were great, but not the Rapture ...yet!

18. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 9 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12109061_f260.jpg

My favorite fragrances are the oriental fragrances.  I love Youth Dew and Cinnabar by Estee Lauder, Magie Noire by LancĂ´me, Opium by Yves Saint Laurent, and Dioressence by Christian Dior.  When I was young, I loved Ultima II by Revlon.  I also love perfume oils in the same fragrances plus Nour( a deep oriental fragrance), Kush( a deep resiny oriental fragrance), Black Musk, Indian Musk, and Night Queen.

Hello gmwilliams,  wow, what a great list you have there of your favorite fragrances.  I have tried a lot of them, and love them all too.  You have great taste.  Thank you for answering.  Happy New Year!

2. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You are quite welcome indeed.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)