What makes some people totally amoral and the essence of pure evil without posse

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (37 posts)
  1. gmwilliams profile image83
    gmwilliamsposted 9 years ago

What makes some people totally amoral and the essence of pure evil without possessing

any iota of conscience, a sense of humaneness, nor remorse, even rejoicing in their evilness?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12095249_f260.jpg

2. Austinstar profile image83
    Austinstarposted 9 years ago

I think you are getting into the study of psychopathy and the study of sociopaths.
    Some religious people automatically blame "demons", evil forces, and Satan himself for these types of behaviors.
    I suspect that all psychopathy is due to a default in brain wiring or chemical imbalances. Some psychopathies are treatable. But none are truly curable at this point.
    Doctors once thought that evil behavior could be cured by leeches or exorcisms or electric shock therapy or who knows what other treatments they tried.
    But the true test recognized today for diagnosing psychopathy is a lack of remorse for what they do. It leads one to believe that there is an area of the brain that controls the feeling of remorse and we haven't found that spot yet. Hopefully, brain mapping will continue to pursue the science of psychopathy and one day we will find a cure.
    Or at least find a way to mitigate harmful behavior.

gmwilliamsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Very good synopsis of the question!

2. Rod Marsden profile image67
      Rod Marsdenposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It is the nature response which does have its merits. Experiments made in the 1950s also argues that nurture can also be a powerful component.

3. Austinstar profile image83
      Austinstarposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Rod - Nature is the most powerful force we have! Nurture runs a close second.

4. Kiss andTales profile image61
      Kiss andTalesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I think you are judging the subject by imperfect people. Who is to say this is truth because they say it. Many a man has analyzed a situation wrong. Like doctors who misdiagnose many patients . This is so real yet are they big enough to admit it ?

5. Austinstar profile image83

K&T - Strangely enough, I feel the same way about your judgements. I have only postulated a reason for amorality. You seem to think you know what is "so real". Are you big enough to admit that?

6. Kiss andTales profile image61

Analyzing people as psychopath as not to know all the facts about a person. Just to even relate that diagnoses on a Hp is like telling some one that they have a dreaded disease without knowing their health background .

7. Rod Marsden profile image67

Sorry Kiss and Tale but science and the question of nature versus nurture or some of each is more to the point than vague mysticism.

8. Kiss andTales profile image61

To RodMardson I have no problem with your commit if so I would have said so.
      I have a problem with Austin Star, who just labeled people that are religeous blame demons  evil forces,and satan himself for behavior, we have had words before.

9. Rod Marsden profile image67

I don't believe Austinstar was talking about every religious person blaming demons, etc for strange behavior. She has stated some religious people. I believe this is true and fair enough.

10. Kiss andTales profile image61

You are not Austinstar ,she has spoken before and said offensive commits,you can believe what you want ,but right now she used the terms on this thread. And I am not moved to think different, the point she applied that statement to anyone is still of

11. Austinstar profile image83

K&T - Do you have any sort of grip on reality? I'm sorry if I offend you, but all I can do is tell you to ignore me.

12. Kiss andTales profile image61

And thanks Austinstar for the nice words of sorry ! I can accept that. And I appreciate it coming from you!

3. Rod Marsden profile image67
    Rod Marsdenposted 9 years ago

To some extent our humanity comes from other people. We learn to feel for other people through those closest to us when we are growing up. This is usually our parents and, as we grow older, our siblings, uncles, aunts, etc add to the broth. I have used the word usually because there are those brought up by the next of kin after the death of the parents and if they take well to the parental role then the child should have a conscience worth something. There is the ID which is our original conscience. It is devoid of feelings for others. When we want something we want it NOW. You have an apple and are apparently enjoying your apple so I want your apple so give it to me. That is the ID. It is spontaneous and it is where our creativity comes from. Of course we can't always have what we want immediately and that is what the EGO or 'parent' teaches us. Also a question of ownership. Your apple is your apple but I could still get an apple for myself just as good if  not better. I could upset you by taking your apple away from you and there will be consequences. EGO tells me I'd be upset if someone else came along and pinched my apple. Hence the beginning of understanding and sympathizing with others. It will go way beyond consequences in time to the forming of friendships, etc. Then there is the SUPEREGO that is in part EGO and in PART ID but with the knowledge gained by experience outside the EGO or parent. People not brought up in a caring atmosphere might very well learn about consequences but never develop the ability to care for others. Many of them, however, are intelligent and can fake it when need be. They are basically sociopaths. And not all sociopaths are mass murderers. Many are simply business men and women who know how to climb the corporate ladder through whatever means comes to hand. I am of the opinion there were sociopaths as well as manic depressives (bipolar) involved in Enron some years ago. Mind you a sociopath might also be a manic depressive. They are not mutually exclusive. Nature might also come into play here. A bad seed so to speak.

gmwilliamsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Rate this answer an A for awesomely analytical!

2. Rod Marsden profile image67

Thanks. I studies some psychology about twenty years ago.

Somebody has been studying their Sigmund Freud!

4. Rod Marsden profile image67

Well, yes that was part of it. But not all of it. I tend to side with Jong more than I do Freud.

Another great psychologist. I'm not sure, but I think the ego, superego, and id are old fashioned now. It's all about brain mapping these days. They have made incredible advances in the study of the brain.

to A Star. That would be a malpractice if you were a real doctor. So would watch out how you drop words with no license .

7. Rod Marsden profile image67

The argument of whether it goes wrong somewhere in the physical development stage, the nature, or it goes wrong in the socialization stage, the nurture, is an old one. I believe both areas of study to be equally valid.

8. Austinstar profile image83

KT WTF are you talking about? I'm not diagnosing anyone here.

9. Rod Marsden profile image67

I am not diagnosing anyone here either. I think someone is taking this all too seriously and it isn't Austinstar and it isn't yours truly.

10. Kiss andTales profile image61

No is applying that to her that she believes in dream catchers ,of the spider woman. The point is no one has applied those words to what she believes  sociopath or psychopath I still find her taste in words offensive. But if she claims herself ! Ok!

11. Austinstar profile image83

K&T - If you find my words offensive - Don't read them!

12. Kiss andTales profile image61

You have said the right thing here Austinstar ,but I always give people the benifit of hearing them out.
      I guess all people  should not be included.

Kiss andTalesposted 9 years ago

You know people believe in many things. And yet they attack people who believe in God ,or Jesus. Why would people do that ,they have done nothing but good in our behalf. Yet people will embrace things of customs like folk lore,these  things are not true as the dream catcher.
    What is that meaning of the dream catcher!
    The Ojibwe people have an ancient legend about the origin of the dreamcatcher. Storytellers speak of the Spider Woman, known as Asibikaashi; she took care of the children and the people on the land. Eventually, the Ojibwe Nation spread to the corners of North America and it became difficult for Asibikaashi to reach all the children. So the mothers and grandmothers would weave magical webs for the children, using willow hoops and sinew, or cordage made from plants. The dreamcatchers would filter out all bad dreams and only allow good thoughts to enter our mind. Once the sun rises, all bad dreams just disappear.[4] American ethnographer Frances Densmore writes in her book Chippewa Customs (1929, republished 1979, pg. 113):
    Even in believing this it is known story tellers.
    The spider woman ! C'mon!

1. Austinstar profile image83

The difference here is that most people realize that these tales are legends and that dreamcatchers function more like a decorative piece of art. They don't rule their life with myths and legends, They don't insist that everyone believe in the myths.

2. Kiss andTales profile image61

No that is what they stand for story tellers admit this is legend ,or a simple folk lore tale. Yet you believe in that.
      But when some one believes in God you attack their belief ,how hypocritical that is.

I'm not 'attacking' people who believe in God. Why do you think that? I am stating my own beliefs just like you are.

You attack by your choice of words ,one you just used, psychopath ! What is right with that relating people who believe in certain things , since you believe in the spider woman then that must include yourself!

I don't "believe" in the spiderwoman. I said it was a legend.  I also said "I suspect psychopathy". Obviously, you need to consult a dictionary to learn what "attack" means.

You still applied those words and thought to the thread,I find offensive.
      So far that is what dream catchers represent you believe in them. So now
      You twist your words and thoughts into another direction . Your mask has fallen.

7. Austinstar profile image83

Believe what you will. And so will I.

8. Rod Marsden profile image67

If you want to make a proper study of masks Kiss and Tales do study the works of Carl Jung. Outside of that take it easy and accept the fact that science and men and women of medicine have a place in this world as well as medicine men.

9. Kiss andTales profile image61

To RodMardson you are attaching yourself to Austinstar in her statement  that I still find offensive yet you bring up medicine man , I never said anything about a medicine man.  if I called you a psychopath ,and a sociopath for believing that  Ok!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)