This makes no sense, does it to you?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (40 posts)
  1. Lady Guinevere profile image66
    Lady Guinevereposted 9 years ago

This makes no sense, does it to you?

The world is really overpopulated.  Christians are told they must replenish the earth.  They get really upset with the Gay Community that wants to marry.  They claim they are taking away bringing in more children.  Over population comes from bringing kids into the world.  How is this supposed to work?

2. CreeViking profile image84
    CreeVikingposted 9 years ago

1. the world is not overpopulated. you can tell that because those who speak out about you and I having children do not attempt to restrict the size of the more powerful families in this world. For example, no one tells the Bush family to not have any more kids right? What about the House of Windsor? (British royalty) how about the Rothschilds? When you look at the 'population control' propaganda you will start to see a pattern. It is OUR families that can cause trouble for the powerful masters of the earth and smaller families (or no families at all) are less trouble. you can take every man woman and child in this world and give them one square kilometer of land each and not fill up Australia. Just because Humans are fools who follow other fools on a whim and cannot properly manage the resources we have does not mean there are too many of us (or maybe...)

2. Christians should focus on trying to live their own lives according to the bible and not dictate lifestyles to others while they live in recurring sin. How many anti-gay marriage types are living in common law relationships? The thing that bugs me the most about Christians is they seem to think they can perform whatever atrocities (or sin) they like during the week, show up on Sunday and say a couple of 'hail Mary's and then 'reset the counter' for another week of sinful living- I don't think the universe is that badly managed.

So keep having kids if you wish. and ignore those that claim to have a right to dictate how many children you should have. Nature will determine when there are too many of us and take action as nature has always done.

And no it makes no sense whatsoever to me. Like most things involving religion it is contradictory.

hope  i have not offended with this answer, it is how I feel about it

1. Austinstar profile image85
      Austinstarposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Robin - You are obviously not a rancher. All herds must be thinned from time to time to insure a good food supply. Why would you want children to be born into a world with the chance that they might starve to death?

2. CreeViking profile image84
      CreeVikingposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Most of the global food issues are also deception. think of it this way
      1/2 the world are seriously overweight and the other 1/2 is starving yet we are supposed to believe this is due to some sort of food shortage?

3. Austinstar profile image85

Robin - The Earth has a finite amount of resources and can only supply a certain amount of humans. While that number has not been reached yet, the population is growing at a rate that is unsustainable in the future. 7 Billion today, 20 Billion soon.

Austinstarposted 9 years ago

I challenge everyone that wants children to adopt an unwanted child and care for it along side the ones that you have 'naturally'. Sort of a buy one, get one free deal, right?
    For every child you produce, you must also adopt a child. That would solve a great many of the world issues.

1. CreeViking profile image84

This is illogical. You cannot force others to look after wayward children simply because you think most humans do not deserve a future (that's what YOUR children are...your future)

2. Austinstar profile image85

You're right! I cannot force people to look after others. That's why it's issued as a challenge! (Much like your reading and writng ability)

3. CreeViking profile image84

insults are all you got then you are not worth speaking to

4. Lady Guinevere profile image66
      Lady Guinevereposted 9 years agoin reply to this

There are lots of adoptions going on, at least in the US.  A few shows are 19 kids and counting and some others.

5. dashingscorpio profile image81
      dashingscorpioposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Robin Olsen the word "wayward" means (difficult to control or predict because of unusual or perverse behavior). Why do you assume every child available for adoption is "wayward"? Circumstances vary around each child's birth beyond their control.

6. Austinstar profile image85

Dashing - apparently Robin assumes a lot of things. Why do people assume that a challenge is the same thing as an insult or a command?

7. MizBejabbers profile image89
      MizBejabbersposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Nineteen Kids and Counting -- I met the Duggers when Jim Bob was a state representative, and despite the fact that their children are the most well-behaved kids I've met in a long time, I don't understand their attitude. Nor do I agree with it.

8. Lady Guinevere profile image66

MzB, I only used that example to prove my point that people do adopt.  That was the only thing that my mind could think of at the moment.

4. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 9 years ago

the world is over populated with sinners, not the gays or lesbians. We should educate out=r kids the right way of life and be responsible. There are so many religions in this world, not only the christians.

1. dashingscorpio profile image81

You are right! We're (all) sinners!
      Ecclesiastes 7:20 KJV
      "For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not."

2. Lady Guinevere profile image66

And I can show you a veres that says that Jesus di not come here for the people that are strong and didn't need him.

3. dashingscorpio profile image81

"Every Saint has a past and every Sinner has a future!" smile

4. Lady Guinevere profile image66

We are all people, who are connected in some way to each other and the earth itself.  When you put a God before you then you take the responsibility from you and put it outside of urself.  We are responsible for our thoughts, our deeds and emotions

5. MizBejabbers profile image89
      MizBejabbersposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You are so right about putting responsibility on God and not on ourselves. I do not believe in sin. I believe we are here for the human experience, which includes loving our fellow man. Sex, drinking and dancing  are in the eye of the beholder.

6. Lady Guinevere profile image66

MzB I do not believe in the sin either.  All life is is consequences of our thoughts and actions and they can be good and can alos be bad, depending on the type of emotion put behind the thought and action. Ppl don't know about Sin, the Egyptian GOD

5. dashingscorpio profile image81
    dashingscorpioposted 9 years ago

The size and scope of the planet would indicate the world is far from being "overpopulated". There have always been high density areas.
    However someone who for example lives in NYC may feel like there are too many people but if they moved out to Wyoming or Nebraska their problem would be solved. "Perception is reality".
    Most of our so called "shortages" are manmade. In the U.S. we pay farmers NOT to grow food and utilize other practices in order to control market prices.
    According to a  (Reuters) article from  Aug 21, 2012 Americans throw away nearly (half their food) every year!
    Based on the 2013 NHIS data 96.6% of adults identified as straight, (1.6%) identified as gay or lesbian, and 0.7% identified as bisexual. The remaining 1.1% of adults identified as “something else". I don't believe we have to worry about the human race going extinct.
    There's also a strange irony that gay and lesbian people are the offspring of (heterosexual) couplings!
    Straight sex produces all of the groups of people.

Ezactly!  Only cities are overpopulated and that is the propganda/lies as it pertains to the whole world.  I read all the articles about Foof in the NatGeo and most food is for fuel and livestock, not human consumption.

6. Say Yes To Life profile image79
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 9 years ago

Some Christian denominations emphasize reproduction more than others.  The ones that prohibit birth control are truly interested in increasing the size of their particular denomination.  They don't take into account the physical, mental, and financial health of the parents.  Quantity is valued over quality.  Anyone who doesn't like this is free to choose another denomination - or religion, for that matter.  Yet, they're afraid to do this because of threats of eternal hellfire and damnation.
    That's how it works.  Ultimately, it's all in your mind.

7. OldRoses profile image94
    OldRosesposted 9 years ago

If I remember my religious education from many, many years ago, God granted humans "dominion over" the earth and all of its plants and animals.  They were not told to "go forth and multiply" until after the Great Flood when everyone else had been killed and only Noah and his family was left.  They were commanded to fill the empty Earth.  Which, I think that we can all agree, has been nicely filled.  So Christians who believe they are commanded to have as many children as possible are perverting their own sacred writings.

8. Make  Money profile image66
    Make Moneyposted 9 years ago

Overpopulation is a myth.  It takes over two children per family to maintain a country's population.  Just yesterday the news said that there was just three countries in the world that are maintaining their population by having enough children, Mexico, Brazil and another country (I forget what the other one was).  The populations in every other country in the world are decreasing.  The US and Canada are subsidizing our population decrease by immigration.

What does the gay community even have to do with the argument.  Same sex couples can't have children, it's impossible for them.  You know, the birds and the bees, and all that. :-)  The gay community can not increase without brainwashing and indoctrination, which would lead to underpopulation.  Besides homosexuals and lesbians should not be allowed to adopt so they can indoctrinate children to their perverse ways.

Well the first half of your comment was ok, but the 2nd half I throw out because it is just prejudice and UR indoctrination.  BTW I didn't know that you were still around.

9. daydreamer13 profile image59
    daydreamer13posted 9 years ago

Not all branches of Christianity are taught the same thing. Yes, the Bible says things about being fruitful and filling the earth, and about man not lying with man. It also says not to damage the earth and not to have sex outside of wedlock. However, a lot of Christians drive cars and have babies or at least fornicate. My point is, most of the time, Christians will follow their belief in a way that works for them in today's world. Maybe they won't have children or maybe are gay themselves. Religion and personal views are very complicated and usually have to be answered on a case by case basis. This is probably not the answer you want, but it's too hard to generalize in this case.

Contrary to some Hubbers around here, I do like opposing thoughts or just comments from the peanut gallery lol.  You are fine.  I am looking for people to open their minds to what others think.

2. daydreamer13 profile image59
      daydreamer13posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'm  glad to hear that. I just get frustrated when I see so many people attacking religion like it's some sort of enemy. I know some religions are extremely strict but some are very welcoming and understanding to everyone. I wish more knew  that.

10. parrster profile image82
    parrsterposted 9 years ago

As already said, Christians are not commanded to replenish the earth. For those concerned about overpopulation, I recommend the following documentary
    http://www.gapminder.org/videos/dont-pa … opulation/

11. lone77star profile image71
    lone77starposted 9 years ago

Overpopulation is a myth promulgated by eugenicists who want to take over the world. The Rockefeller family has been into eugenics for over a century. Their support for Global Cooling fits right into this, because cooling will result in less evaporation, less rain and mass starvation.

If the Georgia Guidestones are any indication, they're looking for a reduction by 6.5 Billion people to 500 million total population.

We currently have plenty of food. It's merely being mismanaged! Americans are pigging out, getting fat, throwing away tons of food, while Africa starves.

And now, the Carbon Tax hoax is making it impossible for Africa to develop.

Global warming is good. It would result in more rain. During the Holocene Optimum (~6,000 BC), the Sahara was green. Even today's wimpy Lake Chad was a robust inland sea.

1. Austinstar profile image85

Read a lot of conspiracy theories, do you? Simple math will tell you exactly how many humans this planet can support. When we exceed that number, the excess will die.  That's it in a nutshell.

2. Lady Guinevere profile image66

Most overpupulated areas are the bigger cities.  Ride around the country and u will see vast amounts of untouched land.  The water covers about 2/3 of the earth.Take that away and you get your numbers.  Evrything chnges ovr time.

Ok, just postulate that the Earth's arable land will support 20 Billion people. That figure will double to 40 Billion in just a few short years. Then 80 Billion, then 160 Billion. Do u see where I'm going with this?

12. profile image0
    temptor94posted 9 years ago

I think everything is an individual choice. If people want to be in a gay marriage, it's their choice. If they want to see more children coming into the world, nobody is stopping them - they can have their own children or adopt one, again their choice. If people want to judge others or get upset about what others are doing or not doing, they are just making their own lives miserable. Some people give more importance to religion, others define life on their own terms. It's all in the personal belief system, which I think is difficult to change in most people.

13. lucabrandt profile image65
    lucabrandtposted 9 years ago

In my opinion (and I am Christian), anyone who opposes Gay marriage because they "take away bringing in more children" is the epitome of ignorance.  Christians, or any religion, do not need to fear the extinction of the human race.  Just because Gay people are allowed to be united by law, does not mean, in any sense or definition, that all people will drop their sexual orientation and become gay!  If anything, they can provide good homes for children who happen to "replenish the Earth" in  an unwelcome atmosphere and end up in foster homes. Pope Francis himself advises the church to accept homosexuals, because they are still people, because they do not pose a threat to anyone, because they do not negatively influence our children, because they do not negatively influence their own children, and because they are perfectly able to function just as any other person on the face of this planet is capable.

I agree with you.  Paranoia runs deep with these groups of people.

2. Austinstar profile image85

Remember when Bi-racial marriages were THE taboo of the year? Amazing how much progress we have made in just a few short years.

3. Lady Guinevere profile image66

I do remember that.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)