Was Christ Jesus tolerant of other religions or did he teach that there was only

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (248 posts)
  1. Joseph O Polanco profile image43
    Joseph O Polancoposted 9 years ago

Was Christ Jesus tolerant of other religions or did he teach that there was only one true religion?

2. Kiss andTales profile image59
    Kiss andTalesposted 9 years ago

Very good question , By his command to continue the preaching work as he sent 70 out by twos in Luke 10:1
    I considered this scripture as the truth at King James Version Mt 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
    The bible says gospel in King James , also in the New World translation it is Good News. 
    So I am understanding only one truth being preached the one Jesus Started.
    But we are to finish the work as Jesus commanded and instructed the same way he did it.
    So we must be tolerant Jesus was.

1. profile image51
      Norine Williamsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

K&T: Read my response!  The Holy Spirit(JESUS) spoke thru the Apostles telling them what to do under the New Covenant!  We should do as they did! (Matt 28:20 & Acts 2:42); otherwise, we err!

Kiss andTalesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Who is the us here ? King James Version Ge 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

3. profile image51

K&T: Same Jesus! GLORIES!

4. Joseph O Polanco profile image43
      Joseph O Polancoposted 8 years agoin reply to this

@Norine

Except that God's name is not Jesus, it's Jehovah.

5. Kiss andTales profile image59
      Kiss andTalesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Norine  American Standard Version Ex 3:15Jehovah, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name forever,and this is my memorial unto all generations. KJV replaces with LORD

6. profile image51
      Norine Williamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

K&T: Computer repairman just left. Sorry I took so long responding.  Let us move to NEW COVENANT! Phil 2:10! "at the name of JESUS every knee will bow" not Jehovah! How does Jn 20:28 read in that version?

7. Kiss andTales profile image59

King James Version
      1Co 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son (Jesus)also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God(Jehovah) may be all in all.
      The point is Jehovah will be over us all.

8. profile image51

K&T: He operates in ALL "GLORIES" simultaneously if He desires! Col 2:9. Wil subdue All thgs to Himself!  His Name is JESUS in the dispensation in which we NOW live! We will bow to that Name & that Name ONLY! (Phil 2:9-11) Come out fm the law

9. Joseph O Polanco profile image43

@Norine

You're directly contradicting God Himself @ 1 Cor. 15:28 for He is the Grand Author of all the Bible.

10. profile image51

K&T:Jehovah is Hebrew for God. God is WHAT HE is, JESUS is WHO HE IS in the dispensation we now live in. OT fufilled. Under NEW COVENANT! Crucifying JESUS again if you stay under law(OT)!  JOE: "Subdue to HIMSELF" if u look @ Scripture IN THE SPI

11. Joseph O Polanco profile image43

@Norine

"Jehovah is Hebrew for God."

Prove it.

12. Kiss andTales profile image59

Aija. I agree with you  accept the last  part that's all we need , you left out endurance , Reference Bible
      Mt 24:13 but he that has endured to the end is the one that will be
      saved.

3. profile image0
    Stargrrlposted 9 years ago

I believe that He said that the only way to God is through Him.  This indicates that He probably does not recognize other religions, especially the ones that worship demons like Baal or the false Hindu gods.

1. profile image51

Star: Yes, the only way to Him is through Him!  John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the WORD WAS GOD." (v3) All things were made by Him.." V14) He was IN THE WORLD, & the world WAS MADE BY HIM.." And still don'

That scripture was translated  by King James,1600's in error ,you quoted a scripture you are not really hearing,"In the beginning"was the word, and the word was with God.
      That is the error,in the beginning was his son.God is eternal with no beginning

3. profile image51

K&T:And the Word was God! Spirit has nothing but Word speaking to our hearts!U said "Jesus was there in beginning" I do too! He created ALL things Jn 1:3! You deny this?Jesus said in Rev 1:8 "He's beginning & end, 1st & last.."Before Abrh

4. Kiss andTales profile image59

Norine Jesus name was not established until he was born on earth.
      He was a sacred secret.
      There you go about all glories, simple there is more then one person at the scene. now you are talking nonsense .

5. profile image51

K&T: Did he lie "Before Abraham was I AM?" Did he lie "I & my Father are One?" Did he lie "I'm Alpha & Omega?" Did he lie Col 2:9? Don't u hv diff glories? Ur still 1 being! So is Jesus! John 17:5! I didn't spk of Glories, He did! Bfore w

6. Kiss andTales profile image59

Jehovah and Jesus do not lie but when people are persistent to believe what they want not according to scripture the fault lies with you. Stop quoting other scriptures when you can not honestly answer the one I requested.  Pride leads to nothing.

7. profile image51

K&T: "At the NAME of JESUS every knee will bow..." Not Jehovah, Not Father, Not Son, Not Holy Spirit BUT JESUS! "...Jesus is Lord (God) to the glory of God, the Father."  Jn 17:5! I didn't write it! U can't "see" it, ask Jesus (Holy Spirit)! Stud

8. Kiss andTales profile image59

King James Version
      Joh 17:5And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was
      he is praying to The Father
      Simple. Why would he pray to his self.

9. profile image51

K&T: Can't u look at the Word in the Spirit and not father & son? Spirit (Jesus) fills heaven & earth! Yes, praying to Himself! Don't u talk to urself? U should now say "Let me see if this "fool" is right?" I admire you for seeking "truth

10. Joseph O Polanco profile image43
      Joseph O Polancoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

@Norine

I have a question I need your help with:

http://josephopolanco.hubpages.com/ques … ne-and-why

11. profile image51

Joe:  See comment below!

12. Kiss andTales profile image59

Rich thank you for that comment, it makes sense that they are not the same beings. Two different  as Father and the Father created a son his firstborn known by his heavenly name Michael. The earthy name Jesus as the Messiah

13. profile image51

K&T: Listen to yourself! "They are two beings?" We have two Gods? Stop! We are talking about THE ALMIGHTY SPIRIT! He's in ALL believers, but He can't walk on earth, while in heaven, and be in believers on earth simultaneously? We're talking "I AM

14. Kiss andTales profile image59

Not recognizing the Father Jehovah puts you in danger of this.  KJV Re 3:5 the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

15. Joseph O Polanco profile image43

@Norine

Spirit persons, spirit beings, yes. See 1 Cor. 15:44.

16. profile image51

K&T:Jehovah's not the NAME you'll bow to!There is ONE Spirit JESUS who was on earth while His SPIRIT was everywhere else He desired! He's talking to "man" the 7 churches n Rev.Still talking so "man" can relate! Reconciliation!U thk He'll kill JES

17. Joseph O Polanco profile image43

@Norine

Correction. I think you meant to say is that "Jehovah is not the PERSON you'll bow to" and he most certainly is. See Fil 2:9-11.

18. profile image51

Joe:How does your Phil 2:9-11 read?What translation? I Tim 3:16"AND W/O CONTROVERSY GRT IS THE MYSTERY OF GODLINESS: "GOD" WAS MANIFEST IN THE FLESH,.REC'D UP INTO "GLORY!" (K&T)What God was manifest in the "FLESH?"Look at Jesus! Don't crucify ag

19. Kiss andTales profile image59

New World Translation
      Joh 17:1Jesus spoke these things, and raising his eyes to heaven, he said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify your son so that your son may glorify you.
      Jesus looked up in heaven to talk to his Father. Not to himself.

20. profile image51

K&T: Yes, speaking to Himself! (v3) "..that they might know thee, the only true God, AND Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. Fathered Himself!(v 5) "..with the glory which I had with thee BEFORE the world was." What? BEFORE the world was? Jesus is

21. Kiss andTales profile image59

King James Version
      Mt 17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.
      Are you listening Norine .the Father said it!

22. profile image51

K&T: You no  the Holy Spirit can be in more than one place at a time? He's in ALL believers isn't He?We're talking SPIRIT who fills heaven & earth!Stop looking as daddy/son!This is JESUS we're talking about!Man has LIMITED GOD whose name is J

23. Kiss andTales profile image59

Norine holy spirit of the Father made a son Named Michael,  and
      Earth name Jesus.  That is truth .

24. Kiss andTales profile image59

Norine you want to totally disregard the OT where does it say do that?
      Jesus was our cure, does that mean we should disown the one who sent the cure ? Did Jesus also read from the scrolls ? From a little boy he did. If not important he would say so.

25. profile image51

K&T: He FULFILLED OT/LAW! Gal 3:24-25!  Read all of Galatains 3 and 4! Gal 4:16? Law & Grace CANNOT co-exist! Gal 4:19-31! ALLEGORY, as is FATHER & SON! "MYSTERY!"  I Timothy 3:16!

26. Kiss andTales profile image59

Norine notice King James uses all capital letters for Jehovah's name , to show Father and Son

27. profile image51

K&T: I cant repeat enough that Jehovah is WHAT He is, NOT WHO He is! His Name Chgd under NEW COV! We're no longer under LAW! I Tim 1:3-11.Gal 3:24-25! Did Christ die in vain?

28. Kiss andTales profile image59

RK notice two different minds King James Version
      Mt 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only..
      The Father know things the Son does not. They are separate.

29. Kiss andTales profile image59

Cam 8510 My eyes mistaken your name of Chris , your comment insightful and true. Forgive my error of your name please.

30. cam8510 profile image93
      cam8510posted 8 years agoin reply to this

cam and Chris, both.  c-a-m are my initials and screen name.

31. Joseph O Polanco profile image43

@Norine

"His Name Chgd under NEW COV!"

Prove it. Prove that Jehovah God changed his name.

Remember, all non-answers will be removed.

32. Zelkiiro profile image86
      Zelkiiroposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Funny story: Baal isn't a demon--Baal is the god of rain, and he was one of the major deities of the ancient Canaanites and (are you sitting down?) the ancient Hebrews. Baal was instrumental to early Judaism until Moses came along.

33. profile image51

@ Joe: Rem "I AM?"  If Script says GOD was "manifested in the flesh (JESUS)," (I Tim 3:16) why do u disagree?

Eph 4:4-6 is tooooo much for "Christians!"  ONE SPIRIT= GOD, JESUS, HOLY SPIRIT, "AND" any other GLORY He desires!  For He is "I AM!"

4. feenix profile image57
    feenixposted 9 years ago

As far as I know, Jesus, in his earthly form, was not "religious"; nor was He the leader or a member of a religion. He was only The Messenger of His Father's Word.

1. profile image51

Fee: He was the Father!

2. feenix profile image57
      feenixposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You are right, Norine, and thank you very much for correcting me.

3. Kiss andTales profile image59

Norine read verse 2 King James Version Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God. He was with God ,the same as saying my daughter was with me. Two different beings ,yet King James error in first should have a small god.

4. profile image51

Fee: Ur welcome! Jer 23:1! I believe! K&T: Stop putn flesh n Spiritual things!God is Spirit/Word/Creator/whose NAME is JESUS!  There is no other god/God besides Him Isaiah 43:11;45:5-6! No other being! No other God!

Man was made in their image but all of us have separate bodies ,we are not connected .as glories.

6. profile image51

K&T: Man was made in God's (Jesus') image initially (sinless)! Jn 17:5.  Jesus doesn't have "separate bodies" as "man" for He is Spirit! If in Jesus, we are connected! II Cor 3:18 "But WE all...r chgd into the same image from "glory to glory"...

Norine
      Joh 5:22, 23 For the Father judges no one at all, but he has entrusted all the judging to the Son, 23 so that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him.

8. Kiss andTales profile image59

Norine you are not answering the questions. , you are just saying things just to answer , but not the question.  You do not and will not admit the truth .the Father and son are two different beings.even in spirit.
      There are many Angels also.

9. profile image51

K&T Two diff beings means 2 diff persons! That's a lie according to Scripture! Did u not rd Isaiah 43:10 "none after" 11 no savior (Jesus) 13 before the day was,I am he, who shall hinder it?" None Other! I "plant the seed, God gives inc"I Cor 3:6

@Norine

Except that the Scriptures tell us that God IS a person. See: http://hub.me/ajreq

11. profile image51

Joe: God, Whose Name is JESUS, is a SPIRIT! Not like your spirit, but THE SPIRIT who can do ALL THINGS and not a being/person! So says Scripture! If u continue to look at Scripture "literally" & not "Spiritually" you will remain as you are!

12. Joseph O Polanco profile image43

@Norine

Now I know you don't know what you're talking about:

"There is actually to us one God the Father." - 1 Corinthians 8:6

"And now, O Jehovah, you are our Father." - Isaiah 64:8

"Know that Jehovah is God." - Psalm 100:3

13. profile image51

Joe:Is 43:10-11-Rev 1:17-18;2:8;Is 44:24- Jn1:3;Col1:16;Jn1:1;1:14:Jn 8:24;58;Jn10:30-33;14:6-7;9-11;20:28;Act4:12;20:28-Rev1:5-6;8-9; 1Tim3:16Tit2:13;Heb1:8-9;2Jn1:7;I Tim6:14-16;Heb2:17-18;4:15-16 
      Jn15:13-Rm5:8. Read these an explain!

14. Joseph O Polanco profile image43

@Norine

These all prove that Jehovah is God, Christ Jesus is his Son and that he is subordinate to his God and Father in every way.

15. profile image51

Joe: If you look at God & Jesus as man (father) & son, I can understand why you think it's folderol! Do you know how to look Spiritually? Spirit not a man & son! Spirit can be EVERY place at once man! Come on! Put your Spiritual eyeglasse

16. profile image51

Joe: U didn't read? U can't understand or don't "want to" understand? Who is Jehovah? Now under New Covenant. Matt 28:18. ALL power? Where is Jehovah?

17. Rich kelley profile image60
      Rich kelleyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

If Jesus is God and the holy Spirit is God, and the Holy Spirit is Jesus, why is speaking against Jesus, who is God, a sin that can be forgiven, but speaking against the holy Spirit, who is Jesus and God, is a sin that can never be forgiven?

18. Rich kelley profile image60

You have no answer so you point to the questioner?
      The Father sent the HS on behalf of Jesus His son. Prove that didn't happen.

19. Joseph O Polanco profile image43

@Rich

Perfect question! What precise reasoning you exhibit! smile

@Norine

Answer his question or bow out. All non-answers will be deleted.

20. Rich kelley profile image60

Joseph
      Someone else that has seen this very same deception before came up with the question, not me, I just found it. Others that read but don't comment need to know that God is not a God of confusion.

21. Rich kelley profile image60

You are rambling, and not answering the question.

22. Rich kelley profile image60

diversions again you are not answering.
      The Holy Spirit is with us, God is on His throne and Jesus is seated at the right Hand of the Father. Where did "All power in heaven and on the earth" that was given to Jesus come from?(His Father God.)

Norine as Ref notice King James Version
      Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
      Simple first born of every creation..this proves A Father who created a first Son .

24. profile image51

K&T: God is a SPIRIT! Of course Jesus is the "image" (semilie) of God for He was "seen" in Flesh! Of course firstborn of ALL "creation" for He was there in the beginning! (v16) "For by Him WERE ALL THINGS created.." What? Jesus created ALL things

25. Kiss andTales profile image59

Norine you have faith in Jesus and the holy spirit , so now you have no faith to say he can not create what he wants, next did I name your faith,
      or belief as to call you out, I am reasoning from scriptures that should be enough ,

26. profile image51

K&T:  Did I mention you? I said, "Yeah? Jehova Witnesses believe this! Contradicts Scripture!" That's a denomonation, not you? Oneness denom blv as I do re:Jesus is God, but I'm not Oneness! Yes, Scripture is enough!

27. Kiss andTales profile image59

Norine  Daniel 2;44 says no more Governments will be run by humans , Jesus is Our New enthronement of Government  .
      King James Version Ps 110:1 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool .LORD.

28. profile image51

K&T: Yes, Jesus is Our New enthronement of Government, He's EVERYTHING under NEW COV! Rm 7:4-14(v)7 "I had not known coveting except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet."  SCHOOLMASTER! Gal 3:24! God is a SPIRIT! "Right HAND"=RIGHTEOUSNESS!

29. Kiss andTales profile image59

Norine where did you get coveting from. That word has nothing to do with subject

30. cam8510 profile image93

I wonder how he sits at his own right hand?  Now there's a trick for you.

5. krillco profile image87
    krillcoposted 9 years ago

Jesus did not teach 'religion', though He clearly was an expert at the one He was born to. Read a fellow named 'Borg' for a very progressive, fresh view of Jesus.

1. profile image51

Bill: Yes, he was an "expert!" But what else do you expect from Jesus who was before Abraham? Jesus is God!

Norine who is the our in .let us make man in our image? Please answer.

3. profile image51

K&T:  The "OUR" in Ge 1:26 is ALL of JESUS' GLORIES! U have glories:father,son,husband,brother, but not your NAME! Your name is your legal "name!" Take ck to bank w/father,son,husband on it & see if they'll cash it! Father,Son,HS,etc. NAME is

Why does the Father know when the end and Jesus the Son does not? If they are the same.
      Byington
      Mt 24:36 But as to that day and hour nobody knows, not even the angels of heaven nor the Son, but the Father alone.

5. profile image51

K&T: Because He can do what He wants when He wants! When He is ready! He doesn't know but when He decides, He will! Like u don't know when u're going to do something but u know u're going to do it! Who can"hinder Jesus?"Enjoyed "proving" II Tim 3

6. Joseph O Polanco profile image43

@Norine

That's pure folderol. If you don't know what you're going to do, you simply do not know. End of story.

7. profile image51

Joe: If you look at God & Jesus as man (father) & son, I can understand why you think it's folderol! SPIRIT! Not a man & son! Spirit can be EVERY place at once man! Come on! Put your Spiritual eyeglasses on!

8. Joseph O Polanco profile image43

@Norine

None of that changes the fact that both Jehovah God and Christ Jesus are spirit beings, spirit persons, distinct and separate from one another, with Christ always being subordinate to his Father and God, Jehovah.

9. profile image51

Joe: What's Webster's def of a person or being? Is that Jesus (SPIRIT)? U say there are two Gods? I keep telling u He spoke in layman's terms so "man" could understand, yet u still don't? U didnt answer my question & deleted. Again, where is Jeho

@Norine

Seeing as personality is the quality or fact of being a person as distinguished from a particular thing or creature it follows that Jehovah God and Christ Jesus are absolutely separate, distinct persons.

11. profile image51

Joe: "I and My Father are ONE!" (Personality)

@Norine

Show me where Jesus said, "I and the Father are the same."

13. profile image51

Joe: John 10:30

14. Kiss andTales profile image59

Norine while Jesus was still teaching he said he did not come to destroy the law But fulfill it , he was a part of the plan to bring New Government in, there are still other things to fulfill, what did that scripture mean Norine.

15. profile image51

K&T: Do u live under New Covenant? Sounds not! He DID fulfill law. Now Gal 3:24! Schoolmaster! Are u of those in I Tim 1:3-11? U want to go back? What? Mature in "Faith!" Move fm LAW! Study Jer31:33;Heb8:10:10-16,Jn14:26;16:13;Acts2:2 to see how

16. Kiss andTales profile image59

RK would you consider the scripture that says one does not know what the other knows, simply to different minds.
      King James Version
      Mt 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

17. profile image51

K&T: I keep telling u He's gathering the church now, but when He decides He will come! Did u read those Scriptures I gave Joe? Study! Nxt you'll be telling me that you should baptize in the name of the Father,Son & HS? That's what "religion"

18. Kiss andTales profile image59

Norine this tells us the Father still has Authority of the end
      He is the only one that knows the hour this system under satan will end.
      That means we are to respect Jehovah's position and Authority as Jesus does.

Norine I do not see a dad and boy relationship , you interpet that meaning, , And really you are very disrepectful .concerning this whole subject. You reject truth. You rejected the  Father.
      We are getting nowhere here. Take care Norine.

6. profile image51
    Norine Williamsposted 9 years ago

NO!  He was not tolerant of other religions as a matter of fact, He condemned "religion," as I do!  (Galatians 1:13 "Jews' religion," Paul killed Christians. Acts 26:5 Paul refers to "religion" as of the "Pharisees.")  As did the Pharisees, the world has gotten believers so confused!  However,  that is Satan's job "To kill, steal, and destroy" (John 10:10) and he's doing a great job of it!

The "Doctrine" (II Timothy 3:16), not "religion," is what is mentioned in Scripture!  James 2:27 is the "only Scripture" which speaks of "religion" in a positive context which says "Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this:  to visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world."  This the Holy Spirit will do for It "teaches and guides us into all "truth!"

What is Jesus' Doctrine and not "religion?"  Religion is as "man" sees Scripture and Jesus' Doctrine is a belief that has been put into the right context, in the right dispensation, doing as the Apostles did. 

Why?  Jeremiah 31:33; Hebrews 8:10 and 10:16 all say, "After those days (after He resurrects) He would make a NEW COVENANT wherein He would "put His laws into their minds and write them in their hearts." Do we not live under the NEW COVENANT?

How did He do this?  In John 14:26 and 16:13 Jesus "promised" a Comforter (Holy Spirit) who would be sent "IN MY NAME" Who would "lead and guide us into ALL truth." 

When did He fulfill "Promise?"  In Acts 2:2 when the Holy Spirit came in as "a mighty rushing wind" and filled all.  Thereafter, Jesus (Holy Spirit) started talking through the Apostles telling them what to tell the believers.

You can read the rest! Plain and simple!  We are under New Covenant today as stated above.  Acts 2:42 says "And they continued steadfastly in the Apostles' doctrine (which was not the Apostles' but Jesus' since he was talking through them via the Holy Spirit) and fellowship..."  In Matthew 28:20 Jesus told the disciples to "teach us to OBSERVE ALL THINGS..."  Do we do that?

If you are not following JESUS' Doctrine as He told you via the Holy Spirit through the Apostles, then you are following "religion!" 

Galatians 1:6-10 is to be remembered here!  The Holy Spirit (Jesus) was talking through Paul when speaking these Words!  Plain and Simple:  "LET HIM BE ACCURSED...!"

1. Kiss andTales profile image59

If you start a statment in the beginning ,you are saying it had a start,
      King James Version Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
      Ge 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image.
      Who is the our?

2. profile image51

K&T: "OUR" is all of His GLORIES! Col 2:9

Where does it say all his glories what scripture says that. Prove it.
      I believe these are your own words.

4. profile image51

K&T: John 17:5; Heb 1:3; Exd 24:17; Ps 72:19; Exd 40:34-35; Eph 1:17-21; Habakkuk 2:14; Col 1:27 (My favorite); Is 58:8; so many more! Jesus chgs fm Glory to Glory for HIS WILL to be accomplished! U do, don't u? Father role, husband role, etc. gl

My last post to you.

6. Joseph O Polanco profile image43
    7. profile image51

Joe: My God! I didn't realize "the world" had created so many versions of Trinitrianism! What a mess!  John 10:10. Thanks Joe! I will study these "man-made" beliefs but fm my postings, you know there is no Trinity in Scripture so I blv all r false!

8. Joseph O Polanco profile image43

@Norine

You lost me. Isn't it your claim that God the Father is the same as the Son is the same as the holy spirit?

9. profile image51

Joe: Not my "claim" it is WRITTEN in Scripture! Col 2:9

Then please answer the question I posted here: http://josephopolanco.hubpages.com/ques … ne-and-why

11. profile image51

Joe:  How can I speak to ANY form of Trinitarism when the word "Trinity" does not appear in Scripture?  I can "only" speak fm Scripture which says the Father,  the Son, and the Holy Spirit are One and His Name is JESUS!  Otherwise, speaking lies!

Because you've made over and over and over again a Trinitarian claim. All I'm asking is for you to clarify for me which version of the many Trinitarian claims that exist is the correct one. Can you do that?

13. profile image51

Joe: I stated facts fm Scripture - THERE IS NO TRINITY in Scripture! There are some questions I leave alone for they are not Scriptural! How can I tell u which is right when NONE exists in Scripture? It's as if asking which form of "lying" is right!

14. Joseph O Polanco profile image43

@ Norine

Now you're just talking in circles. First you claim that God the Father is the same as the Son is the same as the holy spirit. Now you reverse yourself and claim "THERE IS NO TRINITY in Scripture!" So which is it?

15. profile image51

Joe: If I misled you to believe that there is a "trinity" I apologize!  Again, There is NO TRINITY in Scripture; therefore, I cannot say which is right for all forms are wrong according to Scripture!  They ALL are ONE (SPIRIT) & ALL's NAME IS JES

16. Joseph O Polanco profile image43

@Norine

"They ALL are ONE (SPIRIT) & ALL's NAME IS JES."

That's the very definition of the Trinity!

17. profile image51

Joe: The Spirit is not "three persons" or "beings" as described in "trinity!" Spirit is just that Spirit - Not persons nor beings. You know that  as you are "well learned" in books! God is not the author of confession. So, again I "CAN NOT" respond!

18. Joseph O Polanco profile image43

But, as I explicate in this hub, God most certainly IS a person: http://hub.me/ajreq

19. profile image51

Joe:You say Jesus lied when He said "God = Spirit?" Jn 4:24.    I have Scripture only & if you don't want to here WHAT IS WRITTEN, it stops here! Give Script ea time u give me a response, otherwise not responding!  II Cor 2:11 "I am not ignorant!

20. Joseph O Polanco profile image43

@Norine

You most certainly are not ignorant but you are misrepresenting what the Bible actually teaches about God as I explain in my Hub: http://hub.me/ajreq

Read it only if you're interested in preaching what the Bible actually teaches smile

21. profile image51

Joe: That's where we differ! The bible didn't teach me this, the Holy Spirit did! U go on believing "man" rather than the HS u err! If told Black is Green long enough, anyone will be believe!

22. Joseph O Polanco profile image43

Then why do you quote the Bible at all?

23. profile image51

Joe:  I read Scripture which is Truth!  The Holy Spirit "teaches" not the Words for they are "hidden messages!"  The Words therein are not in a "literal" sense which most don't understand! It is a Mystery that only the HS can reveal! II Cor 4:3-4!

24. Joseph O Polanco profile image43

@Norine
      But, like Apollos (See Acts 18), you too are misrepresenting what God has actually taught. I've been trying to help you see where you went off track but,unlike Apollos, you insist that everything you've been preaching has been the whole truth

25. profile image51

Joe: The Holy Spirit tells me  that you were not "sent" to preach. Rm 10:15 Guess who's guiding me? Good night!

26. Joseph O Polanco profile image43

@Norine

Satan?

27. profile image51

Joe: Confirmation!  "You'll know them by their fruit!" Matt 7:15-23

28. Joseph O Polanco profile image43

@Norine

Satan it is, then.

29. profile image51

Joe:  The Holy Spirit NEVER lies!  He REVEALS all as He did you! You have been identified by your fruit!  Can't run or hide!  You're out there! I pray, don't hold it against him Lord for he is "ignorant" to You!   I Cor 14:38. AMEN!

30. Joseph O Polanco profile image43

@Norine

Except you behave as if possessed by another spirit, not God's holy spirit. That's why your claims fail to persuade.

31. profile image51

Joe: Not here to gain "friends" just stating Scripture! Meat too strong for you? Can't leave "tradition" & get into Spirit thinking!  This is not "literal" but Spiritual.  Read those Scriptures! Don't just talk! Study!

32. Kiss andTales profile image59

Norine listen to what you are saying the beginning and the end. Jesus had a beginning true.The first creation. But the Father is eternal no beginning and no end.he grants mortality .

33. profile image51

K&T: listen to yourself! Jesus is the Creator or Jn 1:10 lied! Watch what u say! Did u read those Scriptures I gave Joe? Study!

34. Joseph O Polanco profile image43

@Norine

Read Genesis. Jehovah God is the Creator, not Jesus. (Cf. Matthew 19:4-6)

35. profile image51

Joe:The SPIRIT was the Creator (aka God),name JESUS! Jn 1:10!Read those Scriptures! Matt 19:4-6big_smileo u really thk Jesus would get "man" to believe He was God (as they don't today) when speaking there?They wntd to kill Him bcz He said God was His Father

36. Kiss andTales profile image59

When Created Angelic sons. Jesus being the first as Micheal.we exist
      We exist, and so does his first born creation.

37. profile image51

K&T: Col 1:16! Jesus created ALL THINGS! (v17) And He was BEFORE ALL THINGS & BY HIM all things consist!  "Religion" didn't teach me this!  Gal 1:12 Thank you Jesus that you choose this "nobody!"

38. Kiss andTales profile image59

The truth of God and his his son Jesus is very important.
      What did people believe before he arrived?  What was The name of God being used by Moses ?

39. Joseph O Polanco profile image43

@Kiss

Brilliant question! Let's see if Norine will answer or resort to more misdirection ...

40. profile image51

K&T: The ALLEGORY of Father and Son is very important!  Jesus was always there Spirit/God! Moses "I AM!!" Sorry you can't "see."  I Pray your "heart" be enlightened!

41. Kiss andTales profile image59

Norine before Jesus Arrival on earth what was his name then. The name he revealed to moses?

42. Kiss andTales profile image59

Byington
      Php 2:6 who, when he was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God as a prize,
      Php 2:6 who, although he was existing in God’s form, gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God
      simple never equal.

43. profile image51

K&T: I have repeatedly said You MUST "look" w/Spiritual "eyes."  Of course, He thought Himself "equal" for He is God! (v7) "But made himself of no reputation...a servant,& n the likeness of men(v8)humbled himself & became obedient unto de

44. Kiss andTales profile image59

Norine you can not even agree on what's written in your KJV. bible , Jehovah ' s. Name, and you will not let his name come out your mouth.
      We can not continue to talk about the scriptures because you have made it all about you .not what is written.

45. Kiss andTales profile image59

Notice why Jehovah’s name is vital,  King James Version
      Ac 15:14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.
      And King James Version

46. Kiss andTales profile image59

Chris I really appreciate your comment on the subject,  why do certain people not  think that if we exist , why can God also make a Son exist his Angelic first Son. Why would he need to talk to self he has them..

47. profile image51

K&T: I don't deny the FACT that God (aka Jesus) created Himself! Why in Gen 1:26 did He talk to Himself saying "Let US!" He has talked to Himself from the beginning & still does! Gen 22:16 "God swore to Himself" Why? NO ONE Greater! Always di

48. Joseph O Polanco profile image43

@Norine

God created HIMSELF?!?! God existed before he existed!?!? That just makes no sense whatsoever!

What's more it's ANTI-SCRIPTURAL since at Ps 90:2 God Himself reveals that He has always been and will always be; he NEVER began to exist.

49. profile image51

Joe: Tell GOD "it makes no sense" I didn't say IT (I Tim 3:16)!  "...rec'd up into glory?"  Unscriptural? 

It seems you have a problem w/the MESSAGE not the messenger! So tell GOD "it doesn't make sense!"

7. Rich kelley profile image60
    Rich kelleyposted 8 years ago

Not long ago I used the term tolerate as a way to describe how Jesus reacted to the religious situations around Him. After a few exchanges with other Disciples of Christ I realized that tolerate was a poor choice of words. Tolerate is something humans have been taught to get along with everyone. Christ mingled with everyone but that is not to be taken as tolerance. Christ loved the human and it is for the human that He came into the world and shed His blood. Christ was with sinners everywhere He went, yet “Repent” was part of the message of the Kingdom of God.

If tolerance is to be considered one has to judge how right or wrong something is. We need to decide are we in fact going to put up with something that we might consider wrong. Humans have been taught a very fine system of tolerance to ensure things run smooth. Often what is perceived as a smooth ride today is actually the foundation for a very bumpy ride down the road.

Did Christ tolerate? No. 

John 3:17  "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him”.(NASB)

In order to tolerate something one would have to judge it and the Son of God did not come to judge. The judgment is yet to come. When it does there will be no tolerance, all things will be put under His feet. Today tolerance is best used to describe the fact that there are many different gospels out there. Tolerance is used to describe the many different denominations out there. Today because something is, doesn't mean Jesus is tolerant of it or them. There is going to be a separation and a fire to burn up the chaff.

This Is Jehovah's name forever as written. But the name of Jesus is his son
      And given this name as the messiah.generations have came and gone, we are part of a  generation as well ,Angels praise that name, And we are to respect it .

2. profile image51

K&Tbig_smileo we still take lambs to the altar?It's a NEW DAY!We are under a NEW COVENANT!In THIS dispensation-it's ALL JESUS!JESUS is  manifestation of (Holy) Flesh so u could relate! You still can't? "At the name of JESUS every knee will bow" not Othe

3. Joseph O Polanco profile image43

Except that Jesus taught that all worship must be directed to Jehovah, his Father, God and Creator:

"Jesus said to him: “It is written, ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’”" - Lk 4:8

4. profile image51

Joe: My bible says "..worship the Lord, thy God.." Satan was "testing" Jesus & He replied (v12) "Thou shalt not put the Lord, thy God, to the test." What? Jesus said He was "..the Lord, thy God..?" To Satan in Lk 4:12? Will u kill Him as they did

Also Norine The heavenly Father created the family arrangement , Father , Mothers and sons and daughters, we are made in their image.
      So why is it you refuse to recognize God he created his first born as written , here man can birth another.

6. profile image51

K&T:  Jn 4:24 You MUST "look" @ Script in the Spirit not as father/son! The only way He spoke of Father & Son is so "mere man" could relate. II Cor 4:3 Look @ the Script! Look Spiritually! Not as father/son! Did you read those Script given Jo

Why can God not create a first born son , we birth first borns
      New World Translation
      Mt 19:26 Looking at them intently, Jesus said to them: “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
      God can do what ever he pleases.

8. profile image51

K&T: He did create Himself! SPIRIT got into Mary & since Jesus was there from "the beginning," He made Himself! Plain & Simple! All other beliefs god's have names, & and ours do too, JESUS! Phil 2:9-11! Acts 2:38

9. Kiss andTales profile image59

Norine you brought the name up, bringing up what they believe,  and commented saying contradiction your personal opinion.
      I never brought up your religions name nore have I spoken negative about it, but we are talking one on one about scriptures .

10. profile image51

K&T:It doesn't matter what one's "denomination" is if they don't believe in Jesus' Doctrine, they need to do as they did in Acts 2:38! Jesus is God! Err if  any other gospel! That's what I've been saying indirectly all alone! Gal 1:6-9

11. Joseph O Polanco profile image43

@Norine

God CREATED himself?!?! That makes no sense whatsoever since Jehovah God, the Father, is from past eternal to eternity; he has no beginning and no end. You're going against Scripture. See Ps 90:2; Hab 1:12; 1Ti 1:17.

12. profile image51

Joe:Precisely!Same as Jesus; no beginning nor end; Alpha & Omega, beginning & end! Read those Scritpures!God is WHAT He is; JESUS is WHO He is!God is not a Name! That is WHAT He is! His  Name is JESUS! If Jesus there fm beginning, He Fathered

13. Kiss andTales profile image59

King James Exodus 6:3  And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them
      This name Norine

14. profile image51

K&T: In the OT God's name was WHATEVER He WAS at the time! It's a NEW DAY under New COV! He came & died for us! I say so again, His Name is Jesus in the dispensation in which we live! Phil 2:9-11.

15. Joseph O Polanco profile image43

@ Norine

"In the OT God's name was WHATEVER He WAS at the time!"

Prove it. Prove your outrageous claim.

8. R K Beran profile image61
    R K Beranposted 8 years ago

(6) Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. (7) If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."  --John 14:6-7

Notice that Jesus didn't answer with any of the following:

"I am the way...and so is Asherah."
    "I am the way...and so is Molech."
    "I am the way...and so is Chemosh."
    "I am the way...and so is Buddha."
    "I am the way...and so is Oprah Winfrey."
    "I am the way...and so is Deepak Chopra."
    "I am the way...and so is that Mohammad guy."
    "I am the way...and so are Larry, Curly, Moe, and Shemp."
    "I am the way...and so is Confucius."

...and so on.

Was Jesus aware that people existed who worshiped other gods? I'm sure. Did he know that many differing spiritual views existed? I'm sure. Did he ever declare any of these other beliefs to be true? No. Did he ever declare that any of them had equal validity to Yahweh God? No.

I am most appeciative of how you compared others , because even humans can stand in another direction away from the heavenly Father.
      And many do not know it or want to know truth.

2. R K Beran profile image61
      R K Beranposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Kiss big_smile

Why cant you just say Jehovah that is what is written in the King James , scriptures
      What does that have to do ? You should know!

4. R K Beran profile image61

The term "Jehovah" is actually derived from the consonants YHWH, from whence "Yahweh" comes. So there really isn't a difference in meaning. Just a different cultural "lens" through which the same four letters are interpreted.

Yes , all over the world people still say Jehovah , he knows what we mean, like a baby that tries to say your name but pronounce it in his voice .RK. I used your space talking to Norine. , She will not admit in her bible Jehovah’s name. Sad.

6. profile image51

K&T: Did Christ die in vain?As we do not bring lambs to altar anymore, the law was fulfilled & we now recognize THE NAME-JESUS! You are still under Old Covenant! If ANYONE still call Him Jehovah, r  under the law (Gal 4) & nailed back to

7. Joseph O Polanco profile image43

@Norine

See 1 Cor. 11:3. Christ continues to humbly submit to his God and Father, Jehovah. Why aren't you doing the same?

8. profile image51

Joe I Cor 11:3? Joe: Allegory! Jesus is God!

9. Joseph O Polanco profile image43

@Norine

Prove it. Prove that it's just symbolic in meaning.

10. profile image51

Joe: Did you read those Scriptures?  Proof's there!  You don't want to accept Scripture? I didn't write it!  II Cor 3:18-18;4-6"..the glory of the Lord, are chgd into the same image FROM GLORY TO GLORY" like Jesus! 4:6"..to give us..the knowledge of

11. Kiss andTales profile image59

Norine Now you are admitting JEHOVAH in Hebrew,  very true, but notice he says this is my name forever
      King James Version
      Ex 3:15 And God (Jehovah) this  is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.
      we are a generation if 21cent

12. R K Beran profile image61

Not to butt in, but I don't really feel that God cares which of His names we use. He has many titles--just in Hebrew. I don't think the all-knowing God has a problem knowing our heart enough to understand who we're talking about. Just an opinion.

13. Kiss andTales profile image59

To RK when people get married the name changes why ?
      To Identify you belong to each other and not another, satan is a god too ! and we must be Identified with the true God.
      He revealed his name for that purpose.

14. R K Beran profile image61

I do not agree that Satan is a god. He is lesser to God, as there is only one God. But when you say Jehovah, I say Yahweh, and someone else says El Shaddai--it's all the same God, just different versions of His name/titles

15. Kiss andTales profile image59

RK. King James Version
      2Co 4:4In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
      Satan is worshiped,  that makes him one.

16. R K Beran profile image61

I'll concede that he's a "god" in the sense than any worshiped idol is a "god". But that doesn't make him a deity or any sort of equal opposite to God. Satan is still a created, lesser being--which is why victory could only ever belong to God alone.

17. profile image51

RK:He cares!He died for us & Chgd everything just as K&T said in a marriage! WE are under NEW COVENANT!Satan is a god II Cor 4:4.Yes RK titles, roles not NAMES! K&T:U thk Scripture is for me only?Phil 2:9-11 ALWAYS remember! t's a NEW DAY

18. R K Beran profile image61

Norine, don't presume to know me or my relationship with my God. You don't know me. And I am under the New Covenant (as are you) through the blood of Christ, not because I decided to call God by a different name. Also, I can hear you w/o allcaps. smile

RK I totally agree with you , he  could never be  equal to the true  God Jehovah.
      Norine  Jehovah is not Jesus , because that is his name forever.
      Jesus updated  the law , we do not need to sacrifice animals for forgiveness. Because he was the last

20. profile image51

RK: Rt, I don't no u, just speaking Word! It DOES matter what  for He said so in Script(Phil 2:9-11). No matter how "intentional" one's heart is, We MUST follow the Word!(Matt  7:22-23) Instruct have been left. Study! I Cor 12:2-27!Who is Lord (v3)?

21. Kiss andTales profile image59

New World Translation
      Ro 10:13 For “everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.”

22. profile image51

K&T:Rd ALL of Rms 10 (v2)Yes, U have a zeal!(v4)Christ is the end of LAW!(Jm 2:10)Rd Rm 14:10-12 Jdgment Seat of CHRIST, giving acct to GOD? Ph 2:11: "that Jesus Christ is Lord (God) to the glory of God, the Father! I Cor 12:2;12.v12 "So also is

Norine we are to recognize Jesus he is the New Covenant. But because the Father Jehovah  worked out this  sacred secret that  he Jesus is his own son the Messiah. Notice his value .
      He was sent , the one who sends is greater , the Father Jehovah!

24. profile image51

K&T:He sent HIMSELF!(SPIRIT)Jn1:14!I Tim 3:16 "AND W/O CONTROVERSY great is the MYSTERY of godliness:GOD was MANIFESTED IN THE "FLESH," justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the nations, belvd on in the world, received up into GL

25. Kiss andTales profile image59

Norine notice King James Version Mt 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
      Jesus did his part , but that is not all that will be fulfilled, he said so.
      Daniel 2:44 has to be.

26. R K Beran profile image61

K&T: While I do believe that Jesus and God the Father (Jehovah) are distinctly different, they are both equally vital aspects of one triune God. Jesus is unique in that he is also fully man, but before that the Word was with God and the Word was

27. profile image51

K&T: He DIDN'T DESTROY the law, He fulfilled! Did you not hear Gal 3:27? Are u "just" coming into Christ? Stop sounding like it using WHAT HE IS for the Name rather than WHO (the name He came and DIED in to estab NEW COV-JESUS) HE IS="I AM!"

28. R K Beran profile image61

Norine, I don't think you read KT's last response carefully. She did not say that she believed Jesus destroyed the Law. She was quoting the very verse in which Jesus said he was not destroying the Law, but fulfilling it.

29. profile image51

RK: I understood what that Script! True, & we aren't under law! Under New Cov w/name chg for Jehovah (aka God). God is "WHAT" He is, NOT "WHO" He is! Under New Cov His NAME is JESUS is what Scripture says. "Triune?" You "LIMIT" God (Jesus)? Jn 10

30. R K Beran profile image61

I feel I'm going to call it quits discussing with you. There seems to be something about the Trinity you misunderstand. Understanding God to be triune in nature doesn't limit Jesus' divinity. It just recognizes him as one of three yet one of one.

31. profile image51

RK:You believe as "religion" does there r 3 "persons" or "beings" which defiles Scripture.You've never came into Jn 4:24 to see the ALLEGORY of Father & Son but Scripture said ppl would do that! I Tim 3:16!"God was manifested in the flesh.."  Exp

32. Joseph O Polanco profile image43

Actually 1 Tim 3:16 correctly reads, "καὶ ὁμολογουμένως μέγα ἐστὶν τὸ τῆς εὐσεβείας μυστήριον· Ὃς ἐφανερώθη ἐν σαρκί, ἐδικαιώθη ἐν πνεύματι, ὤφθη ἀγγέλοις, ἐκηρύχθη ἐν ἔθνεσιν, ἐπιστεύθη ἐν κόσμῳ, ἀνελήμφθη ἐν δόξῃ." So you see,Jesus is NOT Jehovah.

33. Joseph O Polanco profile image43

English "Indeed,the sacred secret of this godly devotion is admittedly great:‘He was made manifest in flesh,was declared righteous in spirit,appeared to angels,was preached about among nations,was believed upon in the world,was received up in glory’"

34. cam8510 profile image93

Regarding the idea of no trinity and that Jesus was the same "person" as the Father..That would mean that in the garden, Jesus was not praying to the Father but talking to Himself. Also, "Not my will but yours be done" becomes a ridiculous statement.

35. profile image51

Chris: Jesus Christ was God manifested in the flesh! He is not a "person" but a Spirit! The "only time" He was "a person" was during God's manifestation in the flesh! I loathe grocery shoppin & have said TO MYSELF many times not my will but let's

36. Joseph O Polanco profile image43

@Norine

I already proved that claim false w/ Scripture. Try again.

37. Zelkiiro profile image86
      Zelkiiroposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Jesus said he would get rid of sin. Odin said he would get rid of the frost giants.

And I sure don't see any frost giants...

9. cam8510 profile image93
    cam8510posted 8 years ago

I really believe that Jesus was not out to establish a religion.  I believe he wanted to teach people a better way to live.  Look at how he taught and what he taught.  It was never about anything formal or liturgical.  It was about how one person treats another and about how a person approaches God. 

Having said that, it is clear that Jesus did teach an exclusive path to His Father.  He said, "I am the way, the truth and the life.  No man comes to the Father but by means of me."  (My paraphrase).  On the other hand, He did not condemn people.  When He sent the disciples out to teach others about The Good News, it was a joyful thing, not a hellfire message. 

Was he tolerant of other religions?  Yes, in the sense that he was gentle and non-condemning.  He didn't come to establish a religion, so he wasn't opposing religions.  That may be our biggest misunderstanding of Jesus.

1. profile image51

Chris:You're confusing Jesus "allowed free will" vs not condeming!He tore up "religion" when they were buying & selling in synagogue, didnt He?He always "got angry but didn't sin" bcuz He told them msgs that'd make one better. Matt 23.He is Fathe

To Norine there are no people under that scripture with Jesus Name
      But there are  people under Jehovah's name. Phophesy  is alive.

3. profile image51

K&T:I was telling Chris how Jesus despised "religion" Matt 23:39)"Blessed is he that cometh in the NAME of the Lord!" JESUS! Ph 2:9-11!

What people? Scribes & Pharisees? Hypocrites! All Scribes & Pharisees were as "religion" is today, l

Norine that Lord is Jehovah , King James replace the name with Lord,
      Notice he himself thought he should omit what he thought was appropriate at the time of translations under his own religious belief of his church. do some research .

5. cam8510 profile image93

No confusion here , Norine.

6. profile image51

K&T:U miss the point!Chris has said truth "Jehovah/God/Whatever we want to call God, is "WHAT" He is NOT "WHO" He is!Google how many Glories He was/is to different people at diff times in OT!He was a diff GLORY 2 people at a given time!Not His Na

Norine Jehovah is the only one that knows the hour of the end, Jesus does not,  that also means he still has Authority and position that Jesus respects. By saying so.

8. cam8510 profile image93

K&T, It may be that knowledge of the time of His return was removed during his time on earth but restored after the ascension.  Just a thought.

10. profile image0
    Joshtheplumberposted 8 years ago

Jesus knew the truth and tried to share it. Everyone who clung to their religions and false gods hated him for it. Theres so much I haven't begun to share yet, and the clock is ticking. Not for me, but for you. I'll be here until the end of time. It's the price I chose to pay for all of you to have all the answers you seek. If you only knew the horror that awaits me for what I've done for you.

Jesus knew what was going to happen,  but the players of the scene had to be manifest.  Like you go to the store and merchants already know so many of their stock will be sold, but do they know  the exact customer?  If you Volunteer your patronage

2. profile image0
      Joshtheplumberposted 8 years agoin reply to this

What happened was, the powers that have been knew who was coming and did everything possible to demonize that person. Few on earth know the real story.

3. profile image53
      angela4adamposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I agree

4. profile image0
      Joshtheplumberposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Where was my mind when I wrote this? What a condescending jerk.

11. Jewels profile image83
    Jewelsposted 8 years ago

The book Nine Faces of Christ is a very good read.  Whilst it is not based on documented truth, scholars believe it is very likely that the man Jesus underwent initiations using many different models.  This bodes very well because whilst Jesus says the way to God is through him, he meant he was an example for people to follow.  "Be as I am."  This is lost on most because of course all of the bible is open to interpretation and most do not want to do the hard yards and be like Jesus.    Jesus therefore is very tolerant of other religions because there is more than one way to become the embodiment of Christ..  It is a difficult path and there are many ways to get to the true center or essence that embodies the Christ.  The embodiment of Christ is the goal of all religions, guised with different names but meaning the same thing.  To say Jesus Christ is not tolerant is to say Jesus Christ is not Jesus who embodied the body of Christ.

12. M Asif Jameel profile image62
    M Asif Jameelposted 8 years ago

Off course he was tolerant of other religions and no doubt that he was a great man and whatever he taught, he didn't taught by himself but by God and all the prophets taught what he taught but remember that they didn't taught by themselves but by God.

13. connorj profile image69
    connorjposted 8 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12389358_f260.jpg

I think most people miss how Christ operated it was primarily with love and forgiveness unless He thought it was offensive to God, the Father, form of Him. Yet if one would repent/confess, forgiveness was indeed received.

14. aija profile image60
    aijaposted 8 years ago

In regard to religion Jesus said - Leave them; they are blind guides. If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit." (Matthew 15:14).
    The word "religion" itself means to bind together, keep on the leash, tie-up, restrict, to forbid, to impose a ban, to suppress, to control and so on.

Jesus in His Gospel calls us to freedom to love and serve out of love. Anyway, those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless.
    "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." (James 1:27).

Whosoever decides to choose good and have life must accept His Words, and forsake all those countless worldly teachings. Must trust in God who made the heaven and the earth, must trust in Jesus, and keep His commandments - "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbour as yourself." (Luke 10:27).

Jesus belonged not and accepted not such thing as religion. It is not important what we do outwardly, but important is only the attitude of our heart which, by the way, is evil beyond measure. Spirit gives life, flesh counts for nothing. Religion fail to grasp God's given truth. God rightly says that He will frustrate the wise and the learned. But He gives grace to the humble. Jesus being God Himself trusted His Father, obeyed, and did His will. That is all what we are called to do.

Any (all those countless religions) mere man made religion is based on the law which God GAVE to the Israelites through Moses. However grace and truth COME through Jesus Christ.
    Now Jesus is our so called "religion". It is He whom we must listen, obey and worship. He alone. In order to be not deceived by religious' teachings we must check out any word  we hear and pray may God by His grace keep and lead us in the truth and only the Truth.

Reference Bible
      Re 2:10Do not be afraid of the things you are about to suffer. Look! The Devil will keep on throwing some of YOU into prison that YOU may be fully put to the test,
      That is why endurance is important.  Your faith will be tested.

2. Joseph O Polanco profile image43

In what dictionary did you find that definition for religion?

15. profile image51
    Ji Zero Andreaposted 8 years ago

No, honestly there is no assurance in the bible where you can find that religion do save your life. There is no known passage stating religion has something to do with being a christian. Jesus never taught a religion neither established a religion. Jesus is the only to heaven.

You express this in part truth, I so agree what Jesus has established, 
      Reference Bible
      Joh 14:6 Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
      He did not say through religion , or a church

2. aija profile image60
      aijaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Exactly. Jesus did gave warnings to us that such things (religion) will come, but He said also may we stand firm in our faith. Trust in the almighty God and trust in Jesus finished work on the cross. That is all we need.

Aija saved from what. Reference Bible
      Mt 16:24 then Jesus said to his disciples: “If anyone wants to come after me,let him disown himself and pick up his torture stake and continually follow me.Believing is important but enduring prosecution is vital

16. GizSleep profile image64
    GizSleepposted 8 years ago

I think there is often a mention of false prophets etc so I think Jesus was suggesting there was only one God. As for being tolerant though, I've never come across anything about Jesus being intolerant but I do believe he tried to convert people to Christianity by preaching. So I think he was more focused on gaining believers than persecuting others.

17. Tori Vee profile image61
    Tori Veeposted 8 years ago

Christ Jesus was not into religion because religion was created by man and it destroys, it crucified Him!.  He was all about the way, the truth and the life, which is Him and that is what he taught.

Wait, so Jesus wasn't Jewish?

18. Zelkiiro profile image86
    Zelkiiroposted 8 years ago

Judging purely by the character we're introduced to in the Gospels, Jesus would hardly stand up and shout that other religions are false and should be destroyed--rather, he would say something like, "Your faith in Zeus is admirable, but the blessings you've received were given to you not by him, but by my father, who is the one true god (except ancient Judaism says he totally isn't, but I wouldn't know that because Moses cut all that stuff out and turned Judaism into a monotheistic religion, but that ship's already sailed), and the one you worship is not Zeus, but my father." He would tell you your religion was wrong, but gently, and in a "someone had to let you know this stuff eventually" kind of way.

19. Author Sam profile image53
    Author Samposted 8 years ago

First. teaching that there is only one true religion does not go against being tolerance i think. Yes, Christ thought that there is only one true "way" or road to God, that is only one true religion.
    In Mathew 7:13, 14 Jesus did said that there is only one religion. He also said that he is 'the truth and the way and the life', and no one can come to the father accept through him.
    But it depends on what you mean by tolerance. If tolerance to you mean mixing or worshiping with other religion, No Jesus did not do that, instead he invite others to turn to the one true road.
    But if tolerance you mean is being peaceful, not being judgmental and not being violent against people of other religion, Yes Jesus was such a tolerant man.

20. manatita44 profile image71
    manatita44posted 8 years ago

My take is that the Essence of His message was of a Supreme State attainable by all. Lets call this Love or Happiness. Christ often referred to it as a Kingdom, or the Kingdom of Heaven. He often spoke of it as if it was here in the Now.

He then underlines Principles as to how to attain that State, the key ones being Prayer, (this is not simple), Love, Faith ... a belief in Something Higher which some call God. I cannot say that He emphasized Religion at all, and indeed, He was persecuted by those professing to know the Law: the Scribes, Pharises, Saducces, Doctors and Elders of the Law. (Doctrine)

The people who initially followed Him and listened were essentially the simple folks with a few learned in between. His message was essentially of a place beyond sorrow, and how to get there for All.

21. profile image53
    angela4adamposted 8 years ago

Remember Jesus lived in a time where there was a pluralism of religion . I think he was  a Jew  who practiced Judaism as a religion he was born in and  as a "Nazarene" was also a  member of a Sect called "The Way" just as his first cousin John the Baptist was.  This fact  makes me believe that he is tolerant of other religions  that are man made coz men are  born  in a world of human minds and they are at birth more or less predetermined to follow a certain religion passed on to them by their parents or by virtue of their race like being a Jew or by the place i they were born in like being born in Nazareth.  It would be different if one is born in heaven like Him who looked into the face of God the Father and knows for truth as to what religion he must follow.  This is the difference of being born in heaven and being born on earth.  Jesus is the only one who is born of heaven and born of earth and He knows what is flesh and He knows what is spirit.  That is why we call Him the son God. Being this, Jesus is omnipotent, omniscient and all other "omnos".  So Jesus is tolerant of religions made by men that are only  good and pleasing to His God the Father but He condemns those that are not - like Baal worship or worship of Molech because it displeases his Father.  However, He came here to teach us that true religion is the religion of  the heart because God looks first into our heart before He looks at our external practice. His life here on earth was an example of the "way, the truth and the life". He in fact is the embodiment of love whom we can believe in faith and must follow  as the true  example unto  our resurrection  to eternal life to be and rule with Him in the new earth wherever that may be. So no matter what religion of men we belong except the religion of hate and those that are offensive in practice to the Father, Jesus is tolerant but it does not mean that being tolerant it prevented him from teaching the true religion that God the Father wanted Him to preach more than 2000 years ago and to reconcile us to God  by teaching men to  believe  in Him as truth  and obeying his  teachings as the one pleasing to God.In fact,he sealed his mission on the cross with his blood pact  guaranteeing those who believe in Him and practice what he preached,salvation &redemption from their fallen state into the status of  becoming children of God his Father and whoever believes  and hold fast to this truth even unto death shall inherit his kingdom afterlife.

1. keishialeelouis profile image60
      keishialeelouisposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Very well stated. However, He did speak about idolatry and false worship. In that way, I would not say that He was tolerant, and this is exactly why He was crucified.

22. Rosualdo Ponce profile image79
    Rosualdo Ponceposted 8 years ago

"Woman," Jesus replied, believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth." (John 4:21-24)

The above biblical truth shows that Jesus was not tolerant with other religion who do not know the Father. He is correcting the wrong, errors and mistake, not tolerating. He shows the right way to worship and approach God. The above biblical truth shows also the only one true religion, the religion who knows the real God, and who worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth..

I appreciate how you explain what tolerance
      means from that view.Yes Jesus was skilled in correcting wrong information,  he approached others knowing their lifestyle needed adjustments, but he left that up to them to make a choice. We learn from him

2. Rosualdo Ponce profile image79
      Rosualdo Ponceposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Right, God give everyone a choice, but he point only to the right choice for a man to make by showing and correcting the wrongs. When the truth is revealed, choice must be against to the opponent of the truth.

23. Ceegen profile image67
    Ceegenposted 8 years ago

Perhaps the wrong question is being asked, and so to answer this question, allow me to clarify what I mean by 'asking the wrong question'.

Religion is a lens by which people view the world; a world-view. There may be similar ceremonies or ideas associated with different religions, but the foundational concepts that make up different religions are what make them different. Things that are different, are not the same. So really, a "religion" is a type of philosophy on how to live ones life, and includes a set of rules or standards to live by.

As an example of similarities in different religions, many of them have sacrifices, whether it be physical or conceptual. A physical sacrifice would be to ceremoniously burn an object with fire, and a conceptual (or rather, intellectual) sacrifice would be to refrain from watching violent movies or television shows.

While many religions have a sacrificial ideal, the reasons for a sacrifice of some kind being carried out may be different. The standards for a sacrifice in one religion may differ because one is trying to take something away (such as "taking away" a sin), while another is trying to bring or add something (such as bringing rain for crops or good fortune). However, in both cases a sacrifice is the means by which the goal is reached. So because one religion might sacrifice for a certain reason, another may sacrifice for an entirely different reason, though both are using a sacrificial ceremony as part of their set of rules or standards.

When Jesus said that he is the way, the truth and the life, he was making a mutually exclusive statement. This leaves no room for tolerance of other "truths" found in other religions. Either the light is on, or the light is off. Either Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, or he is not. Jesus' religion, his philosophy of life, is based on this mutually exclusive statement.

So, the real question should be, what is truth? How do we know if something is true? Was Jesus lying, or telling the truth? If Jesus was telling the truth, what does that mean for all of us? For you, personally? Does Jesus' sacrifice mean anything to you, or was his sacrifice in vain?

You asked a good question. Good questions always lead to more questions.

24. lone77star profile image71
    lone77starposted 8 years ago

I believe that Jesus was teaching the only true religion -- love.

This isn't romantic love, brotherly love or any other kind of selfish love. He was teaching altruistic, non-self-concerned love.

Jesus was tolerant of other "religions" that were all about love. He did not tolerate institutions and dogma. I sense that he would have approved of the teachings of Buddha (Gautama Siddhartha), but disliked today's idolatrous and divided Christianity.

Where Christians disagree with each other's dogma, you have self-concern (ego) -- the heart of evil.

No one knows the Absolute Truth -- the Mind of God. Yet, so many so-called Christians think they know it all. Einstein wanted to know this. But Einstein understood, at least a little, that it takes humility to learn anything.

When Ken Ham asked his audience, "Who do you believe, God or science?" naturally, his audience said, "God." But what the audience didn't realize is that Mr. Ham had given them a false dichotomy. The conflict is not between God and science, for God created the reality that science studies so well. The conflict is between Ken Ham's interpretation of the Bible and God+science.

When you remove all self-concern and turn your concern lovingly toward others, then miracles happen. No pope has ever walked on water, and I'm purposefully excluding Peter. I seriously doubt he would agree to be associated with the Catholic Church in all its corruption, and he did walk on water, if only for a few seconds, before reason polluted his spiritual bliss.

Miracles are easy, when you are in the spirit -- pure love. Everything that is not this love is a corruption of Christ's (and Buddha's, Lao Tzu's) teachings.

25. Judy Riley profile image59
    Judy Rileyposted 8 years ago

He taught that there was only one Religion.

26. keishialeelouis profile image60
    keishialeelouisposted 8 years ago

Jesus didn't teach religion. He simply said that He is the way to the Father (God) and that no one can get to the Father except through Him. A lot of what we see today, is all man-made ritual and has nothing to do with truly knowing God. Jesus taught that we must want to know God, recognize our need for a Savior (that we will never be perfect on our own). He said that we should desire to walk in His ways. That has nothing to do with religious traditions.

What definition of "religion" are you working with because everything you described about Christ's teachings constitutes a religious system of worship.

2. keishialeelouis profile image60

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/religion : anything relating to definitions 2-7 has very little to do with God. They are ways that people express how they are "morally superior" to someone else. Jesus didn't come with a new set of rules

3. Joseph O Polanco profile image43

What, then, would you call what's recorded at John 13:34 if it wasn't a new rule?

4. keishialeelouis profile image60

The concept of love, and a loving God whom we should follow-- was not a new testament concept.  This is one reason why the Holy Spirit lives inside of each believer-- to give us discernment and to help us to love. Do you know Greek or Aramaic?

5. Joseph O Polanco profile image43

Thank you for sharing those thoughts, however, I don't see how that answers my question. Here it is again: "What, then, would you call what's recorded at John 13:34 if it wasn't a new rule?"

27. profile image0
    JG Hemlockposted 8 years ago

Jesus Christ was not tolerant of the pharisees and the lies they promoted about God the Father. He walked among all sinners but He spoke the truth of who he was and the correct path and the only way..through Him. Yeshua. He was not tolerant of sin. The sinners who followed him stopped their sin immediately and turned to Him for their salvation. They received it for believing on Him. I don't believe that there is anything in the bible that says that a murderer, prostitute, thief, tax collector after listing to Him teach said "No you are wrong. You are crazy and full of bs. Thanks but no thanks" hung out with him after that. They rejected him and the truth. This is where people are mistaken when they say that Jesus was tolerant and accepting of others and hung out with them. He hung out with all to speak the good news and those who followed Him. He gave the good news to all of the people and the ones who rejected his truths he didn't cater to...he didn't make fellowship with.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)