"Iran president says HE'S PROUD of Holocaust denials" (Yahoo!)

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (87 posts)
  1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image59
    fishskinfreak2008posted 14 years ago

THIS IS DISGRACEFUL

1. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

he didn't say he was proud. He said it was a myth. And is understandable if you know that Iran and Israel are constantly on war.

2. psychicdog.net profile image75
      psychicdog.netposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The world should never forget what happened to the Jews in WW2 or any other inhumane acts in history. Denying such things damages our collective humanity and is totally insensitive to all those who lost loved ones. "Our primary purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them at least don't hurt them" - Dalai Lama.

2. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

It certainly is. How can Iranians take this clown seriously? Or don't they have any choice?

They hate israelis, so why would they care ?

2. dutchman1951 profile image61
      dutchman1951posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree Earnest, how can any Iranian tolerate this, especialy the millions or so with education.

Jon in Nashville

3. tksensei profile image59
      tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You didn't catch the news this summer?

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I saw most of the news I think. I did not necessarily believe all of it though.
        What are you saying tk?

1. tksensei profile image59

I was referring to Iranians protesting bogus elections being shot down in the streets. So the answer is  that it seems they don't have much of a choice.

1. earnestshub profile image80
            earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OK tk thanks! smile I was not quite sure what you meant, with so much coverage and all. It looks like no choice to me too.

4. fishskinfreak2008 profile image59
      fishskinfreak2008posted 14 years agoin reply to this

They don't have a choice. The election of Ahmedinejad to a second term was clearly rigged. In fact, Ahmedinejad's second inauguration was THE FIRST TIME that Iran's ex-presidents chose to stay away.

3. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

I'm sure money maker will be proud of this too!

4. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

What worries me is all the Iranians who do not hate anyone.
    There would be millions of them probably. smile
    It is pretty hard to shut everyone down morally, but it would be a scary place to speak your mind.

arab minds don't work as ours.Bad press is what make this countries look that bad. And us don't understanding their beliefs and ethics and morals.

That is an irresponsible and bigoted comment. Disgraceful.

1. darkside profile image62
          darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So you are saying that culture and upbringing plays no part in a way that a person thinks?

Did it look like I was saying that? roll

I was saying that Arabs are not alien creatures whose "minds don't work as ours," whoever "our" is supposed to be. Dehumanization is reserved for sworn enemies in the midst of mortal struggle. If you, or anyone else, considers all Arabs as your sworn enemy then that is your rather considerable problem.

Cultural differences don't mean people can't understand each other and pretending they do is a particularly transparent ploy for those who don't want to.

1. darkside profile image62
              darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, it did look like you were saying that.

'alien creatures'?

<no personal attacks>

Next time I see the Samoyed I'll just keep scrolling down so I don't have to see the inane questions and off-topic rantings of a sophist.

That would probably be best.

2. tantrum profile image61

Intelligent people don't need explanations. the prove is darkside & misha interpreted what I meant. <text removed - no personal attacks in the Forums.> But I will take the trouble to explain to you, my child.
          'Our mind' : occidental <western
          Theirs :oriental< eastern
          Different cultures, different upbringing

For your record,  I like arab people and understand them. If you don't THAT'S YOUR PROBLEM!
          And I'm not American. and I'm happy not to be. Thank you sad

1. LondonGirl profile image81
            LondonGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you think Iranians are Arabs, you need to work on the understanding a bit more. They aren't.

He doesn't even believe they are human! Finer distinctions are a long way off the learning curve.

2. ledefensetech profile image67
        ledefensetechposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sure they do.  You just have to find their analogs in your society.  There's little difference in the though processes of a Christian Fundamentalist and an Islamic one.  They get their cues from different belief systems, sure, but at their base they both believe that a written holy book is the only star to which you orient your life.

One man in a government is a Holocaust denier.  You can't by any stretch of the imagination say that because Ahmadinejad is a Holocaust denier that the entire Iranian population is.  When it's all said and done people are individuals and you can't make too many broad assertions about them.  Well you can, but you'd be wrong.

3. LondonGirl profile image81
        LondonGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Iranians aren't Arabs.

5. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

I've never seen someone so close minded as fishskinfreak2008. Really !!!!!and before with the post about Caster Semenya. Please !!!

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Having read fishinfreaks profile, I am very suprised that he finds himself being so judgemental. As somebody who has had so many apparent problems himself, I would have thought that he would be more understanding of the problems facing others.

I don't judge. If he likes to be that way... I gave my opinion. And yes, I read his profile before. If he can publish more than 300 hubs, he's fit for a debate.

1. profile image0
          ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Im not saying that he is not fit for a debate tantrum, I am saying that I am very suprised that he is so judgemental against those facing hardship when he has faced so many of his own. E.g. Caster Semenya. I am actually backing your corner.

Of course Ryan I know smile This was my opinion. once more big_smile

6. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

He may grow up eventually Tantrum, take it easy smile

7. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

I think you grossly misinterpreted Tantrum TK. I don't see what you see. smile

"arab minds don't work as ours" is not difficult to interpret, and permits no end of unacceptable conclusions.

8. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Definitely not the best wording, but you are taking it out of context, he explained his point further...

Just an example that Arab minds don't work as American minds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1InZCpvY25s

1. Sufidreamer profile image79
      Sufidreamerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Talking of cultures, Arabs make up only a tiny percentage of the Iranian population - most of them are Farsi, Azerbajani and Kurds smile

Farsi is the Iranian language. So it's arab. the rest live in arab territory and as you say are different cultures.

1. Misha profile image62
          Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh Tantrum. lol It's Persian, and they ARE different from Arabs smile

Persian is arab nowadays  Persia doesn't exist anymore
            Persia< Iran

1. Misha profile image62

Interesting logic lol

Eskimos<America, therefore they do not exist.
              Kurds<Iran, therefore they do not exist, etc. lol

That's not what I said. As I stated above, common people call all that area 'arab'. And eskimos exists, even Alaska is a part of USA. So ? I don't understand you

1. Misha profile image62

LOL They are Persian, and they identify themselves as Persian, this is what matters smile And if most American and European people are ignorant of this, you do not have to contribute to it, especially considering your rants about American ignorance smile

So do you know the different ethnics and tribes of Africa, their languages and religious beliefs, or do you call all that area  african ?

9. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

exploits that reeks to heavens awwwwwwwwwwwww, what an inhumane remarks...

10. GeneralHowitzer profile image67

Holocaust killed millions and a hurled remarks like that from a leader will definitely spur anger as this is uncalled for...

Welcome to the world !! anger is here to stay. Blame it on the oil if you want. Of course they hate you americans! and i'm sorry. But that's all there is. Not commenting further as I'm not american. I don't lack respect for other countries and their citizens.

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
        GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There is nothing intelligent with massive murders and making nasty remarks about this... this is not an anger but a show of ignorance and barbaric ways of life... low life that is... hehehe...

what do you have to say about this

http://www.aztlan.net/du_deformed_iraqi_babies.htm

11. Cranoo profile image61
    Cranooposted 14 years ago

The sooner the better this clown is out of office, I couldn't believe it when he was re-ellected. It's no wonder the middle-east is in such a bad condition if they elect people of his stature.

12. tantrum profile image61

such ignorant replies amaze me yikes  I'm sorry for brainwashed people sad I'm not commentong anymore.

How is taking issue with Holocaust denial "ignorant" or "brainwashed"?

13. GeneralHowitzer profile image67

Hmmm we're not talking about if someone is American or not here, this thread is about Holocaust don't jump out of the fence... besides the veracity of what you have had spammed is not yet proven...

you are so base I can't believe it. I'm saying I'm not american Because I don't
      I come from a third world country so I know what I'm talking about.
      You come from 'the american dream' that more than a dream is a nightmare. shame you're so brainwahed ,you can't see reality. And this is my last word.

14. psychicdog.net profile image75
    psychicdog.netposted 14 years ago

"Be the change you want to see in the world" Ghandi

you people can put this in paractice then. I hate ready made phrases ! why don't you think one of your own ????????

15. GeneralHowitzer profile image67

Hehehe you see I'm not a robot, my judgement is fair and square and I dont want to say about the ways of the Arabs and bad things about 'em for I have no right to say that... but you've just shown racism here and you just hurled the Americans a racial slur... What a pity...

And oh how I wish you'll not be flagged with your remarks here hehehe...
    Now whose lacking in judgement and who is biased hehehe you're eating your words buddy...

the above are your words:'but you've just shown racism here and you just hurled the Americans a racial slur... What a pity...'
      I've not been offensive. I'm sure you hope someone flags me. And I'm not racist at all! I have a lot of american friends that think just the way I do. Are they racists too? yikes
      And America is not a free country ? Can't I have my say ? yikes
      you're way out of reason. I'm sorry if you don't understand ! sad

16. psychicdog.net profile image75
    psychicdog.netposted 14 years ago

We feel things, we all bleed, we all cry, we all love - no matter what we say, we all feel and it is better to feel LOVE than it is to feel HATE - that is universal wouldn't you agree - (my own words!)

Now that's better hehehehe...

@misha you have a nice avatar hehehe interesting and commands some attention and authority...

17. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

what on eaarth are you all talking about it in here

see the posts in this tread here and for sure it's interesting hehehee...

18. GeneralHowitzer profile image67

Okay buddy... maybe I'm just tired...

Good day to you buddy...

We have our own principle and oftentimes we fought hard to protect 'em...

And I can understand that. but it's better to think before  you write. Peace!

Nevermind... whattaheck... forgetttaboutit...

19. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Oh Tantrum, take a break, you did get offensive here. It really does not help your message a tiny bit...

Where ? And I will apologize

20. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Along the several posts. There were no personal attacks but blanket statements that immediately put people on a defensive, and they don't hear you any more smile

I apologize for my offensive comments. Sorry if someone felt touched smile
      I don't care if nobody listens. It's up to them.
      I have an audience out of here, so it's all right by me.
      I don't care for personal attacks.
      all attacks are welcome.
      I like good fights.
      I'm not afraid of saying what I think
      I hate censorship
      sad sad sad

21. tantrum profile image61

Maybe he's bored

22. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Oh For God Sake ! It is recorded in History who were those people dumped in big holes? Rag dolls? My friend's mom also stays with us full-time she is Jewish, 80 years old and lived through the bombings of London her parents family members were sent to concentration camps and murdered by the Nazis in Poland and Lithuania it is not a Facid it is real! Ignorance can be blind. smile

23. Sufidreamer profile image79
    Sufidreamerposted 14 years ago

Still a distinct Persian ethnicity - the Farsi culture goes back at least as far as the Greek, and they have a long and proud history.

Calling a Persian an Arab is a bit like calling a Greek a Turk.

I know what you mean. But today Irak ,Iran Qatar and all that area is called 'arab' by common people

24. Sufidreamer profile image79

Sure, although it is sadly incorrect - throw in the Sunni/Shi'a divide and it becomes even more complex.

An interesting part of the world. smile

Mind you, back to the original point, the President of Iran is a complete divvy big_smile

25. Sufidreamer profile image79

Not a particularly good example - The Africans that I have met are happy to call themselves African, in the same way that I am happy to call myself a European.

This does not make a Zulu the same as a Masai, a Greek the same as an Englishman, or a Persian into an Arab.

Always very complex, though - is Misha a Russian, a European (if born west of the Urals), or both?

He is deserving of his own nationality, a Mishanian smile

1. Misha profile image62

LOL Thank you Sufi, actually I feel being sort of alien to any place but myself, so you might be up to something lol

26. tantrum profile image61

@ misha
    When someone says ther's hunger in Africa, We know that maybe he's talking of Somalia
    When someone says there is this problen with arabs and their oil, maybe he's talking about Irak.
    That's what I mean smile

27. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

LOL Were did we start, again? I think I don't remember, for a life of me lol

cool  lol

28. tksensei profile image59
    tksenseiposted 14 years ago

It is a crying shame to see the great energy, intelligence, and potential of the Iranian people covered by a blanket of cartoonishly blatant oppression.

1. Misha profile image62

I think it is a crying shame to see the great energy, intelligence, and potential of the American people covered by a blanket of cartoonishly blatant oppression. smile

A pebble in your shoe is annoying and can cause injury if you leave it there long enough, but you can stop and shake it out when you've had enough.

A boulder on your head can crush you, and you can't remove it without a lot of help.

1. jiberish profile image78
          jiberishposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is That Confucius? smile

Wolfgangcius.

2. Misha profile image62

Now i am trying to contemplate - having America on one hand, and Iran on another - which better fits a pebble, and which - boulder? wink

I'm sure you'll figure it out.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)