Why have Trans Bathroom Bill supporters overlooked this glaringly obvious flaw?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)
  1. jlpark profile image80
    jlparkposted 8 years ago

Why have Trans Bathroom Bill supporters overlooked this glaringly obvious flaw?

Those who are in favour of this bill seem to be focused on the fact that predators could claim to be a transwoman to gain access to the ladies restroom.  Aside from the fact that a gender sign has never stopped a predator EVER, they seem to have overlooked one flaw in their reasoning. THIS - transmen (born female) will be forced to use the ladies room - very masculine looking men. This will actually make it EASIER not harder for predators to gain entry - by claiming to be a trans man. Why have they not seen this gaping flaw in their reasoning?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12987620_f260.jpg

2. Austinstar profile image84
    Austinstarposted 8 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12987635_f260.jpg

Eduardo Rafael Cruz: "These bathroom laws are to protect little girls from perverts. No 4 y.o. girl should have to be in a public bathroom alone with a pervert." (paraphrased)
    HELLO!
    No 4 y.o. child of either sex should be in a public bathroom alone!
    And no adult should vote for someone in favor of these STUPID laws!
    Why any parent would take their child to a public restroom is beyond me. At least, if an emergency happens, the parent should be in the immediate vicinity to come to a child's rescue from "stranger danger".
    And, of course, we all know that white males are the most prolific predators - NOT transgendered or transvestites or even gender confused.
    This is beyond stupid and ridiculous. I regret that I live in a world where people are unable to use logic and facts to make proper decisions in their lives. They rely on the "government" to legislate unacceptable behavior.
    And these laws are coming from the party that "wants smaller government", yet they try to legislate our private lives down to who can use a bathroom and when. It's disgusting.

jlparkposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I'm with you. I'm also disgusted at what the rest of this law brings through - removal of discrimination protections of LGBT in housing, employment etc - the drama surrounding the trans part of it has hidden the rest of its awfulness.

3. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 8 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7497946_f260.jpg

Insanity, insanity, insanity.  This is beyond ridiculous to say the least.  A transwoman should use the women's room while a transman use the men's room.  Simple.  Get with the program, this is no longer the Dark Ages.  Transpeople do exist- they are like everyone else.  There are more pressing issues to worry about-homelessness, the faltering economy where the semblance of a middle rather middling class is becoming the new poor, failing school which put American children almost near the bottom in terms of educational status, & rising costs of living.  Get over the transgender issue- let them BE.......

Exactly. It just struck me that while worrying about predators using the lack of a law, they hadn't thought it through and seen that a law would make it easier. I'm with u - Transwomen are women, transmen are men. Just let them pee!

4. fpherj48 profile image61
    fpherj48posted 8 years ago

I've made my "opinion" clear numerous times & I am quite firm in it, regardless of how many stupid people make how many idiotic laws....Period!
    It's safe to say, at my age, I have utilized thousands of public Rest rooms.  People come in, use the facilities (toilet, sink & mirror) & then they exit.  Nothing more, nothing less have I ever witnessed in my thousands of times throughout my lifetime.

Based upon the clear, distinct photos here: Sarina would not cause a single issue, concern nor even garner any attention, entering a Woman's room.  She would be in & out without incident or panic or embarrassment or concern of any kind. Not a soul would be any the wiser that Sarina is not just your basic, ordinary female.....
    In FACT....expecting Sarina in particular, given her abundant female body, to enter a Men's room with "heterosexual" men could possibly be placing HER in danger....just maybe.

If Buck here, attempted to walk into a Ladie's Room that I happen to be in~~ either I would immediately leave~~tell HIM to leave~~OR I'd get Security, without a doubt!   APPEARANCE.... there's nothing else we can go by but what we SEE.  Who is going to ASK someone what their birth gender is???   WHO?  WHY??  I strongly suggest no one ever go there!!

Take my opinion and say or do what you will with it.  I do not care nor will I agree to any other concept.  This bull$hit about predators, child molesters, people with evil intentions.....OMG...stop the insanity.  Those nasty individuals can be found ANYWHERE....Do you not realize this?

There is no need whatsoever for this ludicrous & nonsensical debate.  Even if you believe trans people have a "mental disease" or are plain crazy.  If we had any idea how many millions of mentally ill people mingle with all of us daily, everywhere we go....Please believe me, we would never leave our damned homes!   Snap out of it people before you all get locked up for being whacko & imagining very unlikely scenarios~~just because the mere thought of a transgender makes you want to hurt them in some way...any way you can. They're human beings.

Thanks for your opinion, Paula. Believe me, I'm against this bill - I'm of the 'pee in which room fits yr identity' camp. I just found those who aren't haven't thought this law through - and maybe pointing that out will make them rethink things.

2. fpherj48 profile image61
      fpherj48posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Well Jacqui....U're assuming they THINK to begin with.  I call this all knee-jerk reaction to social issues they can't (or refuse to) tolerate. and the word JERK is there for valid reason.

3. jlpark profile image80

If I need to assume anything (as I don't like to assume), I usually like it to be positive (like assuming that they think etc). It is a knee jerk reaction to something that they've been doing for years anyway (peeing next to trans people)

5. Old-Empresario profile image72
    Old-Empresarioposted 8 years ago

I think they're more focused on images of "Buffalo Bill" from Silence of the Lambs.

6. tamarawilhite profile image87
    tamarawilhiteposted 8 years ago

Both of the individuals you should above are severely mentally ill, a type of dysphoria. We don't give anorexics stomach stapling surgery to gain the starved body they think is beautiful. We don't give facial reconstruction surgery to someone who thinks they are Napoleon, nor demand everyone else cater to the delusion and call them Emperor.
    Only because liberals want to say there is no real difference between men and women do we see transgenderism treated as OK, altering the body to suit the ill mind, the only dysphoria to which we cater this way. Only because feminists want to say sex is a social construct do we say a guy becomes a girl because he put on a dress and said so.
    Both of these individuals and all such afflicted should be in mental institutions until minds are rectified by reality. And it is insane to say we have a rape culture but allow biologically intact men with sexual attraction to women use bathrooms, showers, changing rooms, saunas, shelters, etc - both the mentally ill men (transgenders) and peepers and sex predators who would take advantage of such access.

It is medically accepted, + scientifically proven, that trans people exist + how/why. The solution to their 'health issue' is rectifying their outer gender  to match their inner gender - not vice versa (which is more detrimental).

2. tamarawilhite profile image87
      tamarawilhiteposted 8 years agoin reply to this

50 ago, the APA said homosexuality is not a mental disorder. In the past 5, same with transgenderism. Both decisions were politically motivated. The Nordic studies showing 40% trans try to die desp. surgery shows transition, due to untreated illness

3. jlpark profile image80

Untreated depression related to discrimination against them. Which is why LGBT suicide rates are higher than general public - straight kids don't get abandoned for merely being straight. Homo is a normal variant of sexuality, not mental illness.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)