"If a man love me, ... John 14:23 what does this scripture say to you?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (16 posts)
  1. Perspycacious profile image63
    Perspycaciousposted 7 years ago

"If a man love me, ... John 14:23 what does this scripture say to you?

The full verse reads  "If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him." (John 14:23)  It speaks of a personal Son and Father in terms of "we" and suggests a close personal relationship as the result of obedience to God's commandments as taught by His Son.  Does it sway more, or less, to you?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7131905_f260.jpg

2. Ericdierker profile image45
    Ericdierkerposted 7 years ago

Boy oh Boy this one is really good for us to contemplate the unity between God and us. Check out that "we". That is way yin and yang. That is way Namaste. It reminds us of the two: God is Love and God is in All of Us. Wow that is a we!
    This is not gobbledygook.
    My boy and I. "We go to hiking"
    We had a child.
    We gathered together to worship.
    We defeated Hitler.
    A must for the spiritual to contemplate.

1. profile image0
      savvydatingposted 7 years agoin reply to this

What? The Gospel does not preach "New Age." This comment explains some things about your version of Christianity... and not in a good way. But, hey-- we all have freedom of choice, don't we?

2. MizBejabbers profile image88
      MizBejabbersposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Wow, Eric, I love your comment. The Bible does teach New Age, Savvy, to anyone with a soul advanced enough to understand it, otherwise it is just a dogma. The Bible is like an onion, to be peeled away in layers according to one's spiritual level.

3. profile image52
      Norine Williamsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

MizB: "Namaste?" I bow to the God in you? Which One? There are NOT 1K ways to GOD for HE is JEALOUS.MAKE SURE you "bow to THE GOD" which is ONLY the doctrine of The Gospel of Christ!  Man Made RELIGIONS or TWISTED "Christianity" OUT (2Kgs17:29-41)!

3. profile image52
    Norine Williamsposted 7 years ago

I know this is going to sound "crazy" to MOST since the Trinitarian doctrine has "brainwashed" society; however, GOD is a SPIRIT, who manifests HIMSELF into ANYTHING whenever HE pleases!

The Bible is written in allegories, metaphors, parables and illustrations.  JESUS spake in parables so often until the disciples once questioned HIM as to why HE did that (Matt 13:10-13) and HIS reply was (v11) "...Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given."  The "mysteries of the kingdom of heaven" was given them which means the HOLY SPIRIT (aka JESUS) was "WITH" them and they could "UNDERSTAND" HIS PARABLES! John 17:12 says "While I was "WITH" them in the world, I kept them in thy "name" (What the Father has a "name?" Philippians 2:10): those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost..." 

JESUS CHRIST is the same yesterday, today and forever" (Hebrews 13:8) and "IF" we have "WAITED" (Acts 1:4) we have the SAME "UNDERSTANDING" as the disciples did in Scripture (James 1:5)! 

In response to your question: "GOD IS A SPIRIT" (John 4:24) who operates in "GLORIES" as HE expects HIS children (us) to (II Corinthians 3:18)!  HIS "GLORY"  "fills the heaven and earth" (Jeremiahs 23:24) simultaneously, IF HE DESIRES! 

I don't understand why EVERYONE "thinks" HE'S inside of ALL of them but couldn't be the Voice from heaven, the dove, in John and other believers at HIS baptism and EVERYPLACE else HE desired; simultaneously; but Trinitarian belief LIMITS to "three?"  How INSULTING to the ALMIGHTY GOD!!!

The "ALLEGORY" of Father and Son exists in Bible to "RELATE TO MERE-MAN" as father and son!  GOD (THE ONE SPIRIT; Ephesians 4:4-6) "manifested "HIMSELF" in the flesh" (I Timothy 3:16) and "LOWERED HIMSELF" (Son) by subjecting HIMSELF to this "sinful" world; hence, THE SON!  Acts 20:28 tells us "Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock over the which the Holy Spirit hath made you overseers, to feed the Church of "GOD," which HE hath purchased with HIS OWN "blood!"  According to this Scripture, GOD purchased the Church with HIS OWN "blood!" 

Why then are MOST "IGNORANT" to HIS WORD and believe what "man" has established by "interpreting" Scripture, not being full of the HOLY SPIRIT "teaching"  MOST - "The Trinity?"  Why did we allow this?  Commands were given us to "Seek ye "FIRST" the Kingdom of GOD"..., "WAIT" for the HELP of the HOLY SPIRIT in order to "UNDERSTAND"(Acts 1:4)

1. MizBejabbers profile image88

Goodness, Norine, That's deep stuff. You go, girl!

2. profile image52

Not *me* MizB but the HOLY SPIRIT'S "revelation!" 2Cor3:5 "Not that we are sufficient to think ANYTHING of ourselves; but our sufficiency is OF GOD!"
      Blessings

3. MizBejabbers profile image88

Sweet Norine, I was talking about your interpretation was not standard dogma, but that YOU understood a more advanced meaning. And I agree that your understanding is God-given.

4. profile image52

I took it to mean that & is why I said not *me* but OF GOD!

Blessings

4. MizBejabbers profile image88
    MizBejabbersposted 7 years ago

To me it means that if a person awakens to spiritual love, the person will hold spiritual love in his or her heart. You can call it "God the father", the "Son" the "Holy Spirit", or all three, it is all the same. We are cut from the same cloth (made in God's image). When the heart is full of the spirit, there is no room for hate or the other human foibles.

5. manatita44 profile image72
    manatita44posted 7 years ago

God (and I'm not hung up on different names) is the Absolute. The Christ was God made flesh, an intermediary, advocate, you may have some other names also.

If the boss's secretary likes you, she may refer you to the boss for promotion. Since she is close to the boss, he trusts her and if she speaks well of you, then you are likely to get that promotion.

If you love the secretary; you love the boss as the secretary does the Will of the Boss. Doing what the secretary wants, is akin to doing what the boss wants.

Devotion is like a magnet and so is Love. They draw you towards the Secretary, Christ and as such towards the Boss or God. He will in turn embrace you and you will abide in Him and Him in you. This is mystical language, with Love all becomes clear.

By the way, this Principle applies to any Path. Buen Suerte. Inner longing is necessary.

1. profile image52

"Buene Suerte=Good LUCK?" LUCK is NOT what's needed w/GOD! "ANY PATH" is NOT accepted by MY "JEALOUS" GOD (Exd 20:3)! U NEED to be "hung up" on THE NAME (Phil 2:10)! JESUS' Role TODAY is ONE SPIRIT'S "GLORY" feeling "flesh's" as HE gathers CHURCH!

2. celafoe profile image54
      celafoeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

M  more of your foolish gobblety gook

3. Ericdierker profile image45
      Ericdierkerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Celafoe, you hate. So sad and so un Christian. Erase but your hatred will shine through. You deny Christ as love -- You think Christ wrathful, you are a lost sheep. Your words sound a gong of an ancient world that Christ came and destroyed.

4. profile image52

Eric, Celafoe is RIGHT! U can't worship ANYTHING & "enter!" Can't u hear what WORD SAYS? GOD is JEALOUS as a husband (Eph5:31-32)! Would u want ur wife committing "adultery?"ALL need to realize there aren't 1K diff ways to GOD or 1K adulteries OK

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)