Trump was right again about Mitt Romney...

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (102 posts)
  1. jackclee lm profile image80
    jackclee lmposted 5 years ago

When Trump was deciding to run for President in 2015, he interviewed with Romney.  He decided Romney was too weak to run for president and he was right. He also decided the rest of the 16 declared candidates cannot win either. That was why he decided to jump in. The rest is history.
    Romney just won the Senate seat in Utah. He has just proven Trump right.
    This man, which I respected, and voted for in 2012, cannot win in the current environment. What do I mean? A good person is not the test to be President on 2012 or 2016 or 2020.
    It takes a tough person to withstand the attacks coming from all sides including the biased media. Romney is barking up the wrong tree. His latest OP ED shows that he has not learned from history...his own. He want to be liked by the press but they will never support him. By attacking Trump, he is doing their bidding at the moment but wait till he try to run again...

1. Randy Godwin profile image62
      Randy Godwinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

No republican candidate will be elected as POTUS after the farce Trump has made in the Oval Office, Jack. I don't believe you have to worry about Mitt or any other candidate from the right for a few years after DT's fall from grace.

After all, there's over a dozen investigations into him, his family, and his cronies going on as we speak.

jackclee lmposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes, and no Russian collusion.
        I would not make these bold predictions...
        Remember your history.
        They said this in 2008 when Obama was elected. They said the GOP will never win another major election...
        8 years later, they lost everything...such is politics.

The Russian collusion will turn out to be Trump's downfall. Among many more transgressions, that is.

I feel great about my predictions, Jack!

You are delusional. There was never an inkling of Russian collusion. The whole affair was made up by the DNC and the FBI to protect Hillary. They wanted an insurance policy in case Trump won. That is how they plan it to take him down. These investigation by Mueller will end with a dud. Mark my words. Come back here in a few months.

You're dang right I'll wait a few months to prove which one of us is delusional, Jack. Where do you get your inside info about Mueller's investigation to date as he's notoriously tight lipped about the entire thing? Fox News more than likely...

No, I don’t watch Fox news. I rely on Fox Business Channel, Drudge report, Michael Savage and Mark Levin and the Great one - Rush. These are the people I trust for reliable news. You might want to check them out.

Michael Savage is an independent Conservative. He has written many best selling books and have been on the air 20 years.
                He is actually friends with Trump. If anyone knows Trump, the real Trump, Michael does. He does not mince words. He will decide issue by issue. He is like me. He supports Trump when he does good and calls him out when he does wrong as we all should with any President. Don’t you agree?

1. crankalicious profile image87
                  crankaliciousposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well, this explains a lot.

Drudge Report, Michael Savage, Rush Limbaugh, Levin - everyone one of those people is an alarmist, lying sack whose history of lying is well-documented. People have written books about their inaccurate statements and paranoia.

To use those guys as the basis for your world view is sad beyond belief. No wonder you like Trump - a screaming, paranoid blowhard. It would seem you admire screaming, paranoid, blowhards. These people don't work in the news business. They work in the alarmist, entertainment, exploitation business - and in that sense, they are doing nothing wrong. They are not hiding their intent, but it's like getting your news from E!

Clearly, no need to respond to anything you post anymore.

Here's the skinny on Rush, for example:

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/rush-limbaugh/

Only 5% of what he says is "mostly true". Hilarious. Here's another:

https://www.politifact.com/personalitie … rely-true/

But you are ingesting and regurgitating this stuff as though it's true. Scary. More good stuff:

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2018/07/2 … -and-fear/

https://www.amazon.com/Way-Things-Arent … 156584260X

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics … afdd6ba01b

https://www.carrollcountytimes.com/g00/ … i10c.dv=15

http://web.mit.edu/activities/thistle/v … baugh.html

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrisladd/ … 6822f62883

https://newsone.com/16051/top-10-racist … gh-quotes/

Sure, believe what you want. That is why you are mis guided. Rush has an audience of 20 million listeners daily 3 hours a week.
                    He and Levin and savage and O’Reilly have written numerous best selling books on the infamous NYT best seller lists. Though they refuse to review any conservative books...
                    Keep you head in the sand and watch CNN and MSNBC and tell me who is trusted...
                    Drudge was the one who broke the news about Bill Clinton and Monica...

2. Randy Godwin profile image62

No wonder you're so ill informed listening to those idiots, Jack. Check out Savage's bio if you haven't already. Rush is a moron who will say anything to make a buck, just like Donnie boy.

2. jackclee lm profile image80

Another bit of wisdom for you. Impeachment of a President is a political move. It has nothing to do with the law or crimes that comes under the law...
                Just like Bill Clinton survived impeachment even though the evidence was over whelming.
                In Trump’s case, there was never any underlying crime. If he would be impeached by the Democratic controlled Congress, it would be because they want to hurt him politically... and they would fail just lime with Clinton.
                The country was doing well economically speaking under Clinton just as they are dojng well now jnder Trump. Impeachment would be highly unlikely...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Here is another good laugh for you ...
                    My tribute to Rush Limbaugh -

“hubpages.com/literature/A-Tribute-to-Rush-Limbaugh”

2. profile image0
                    PrettyPantherposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Right? LOL

2. Readmikenow profile image95
      Readmikenowposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Jack,

I like what president Donald Trump said about Romney.  "If he fought Obama as hard as he's fighting me, he would have become president."

I thought that was the best response. 

Each time you start a thread it seems to always be overwhelmed with those with serious cases of TDS.

Forget the wall...we need to have some public money to find a cure for this public problem.

Haha...you are so right. Trump has brought out the worst of the TDS and expose these people for who they really are...
        They just can’t help it.
        As I said, if Trump came up with a cure for cancer, they would be against that...

You and Mike do realize those who you claim have TDS are actually "Too Damn Smart" for either of you, right?  lol

Not surprising from a couple of Limbaugh fans though. (face palm)

Jack, a wise man once said "It's not how you handle winning that matters, it's how you handle losing.  Anybody can handle winning.  How you handle losing will reveal more about who you are than winning."

I think losing has revealed what mentally and emotionally unbalanced children are on the left and control the Democrat party.  It is a shame to see.

I do hope President Donald Trump continues with his tweets and comments.  I like watching the children on the left throw their fits.  It is who they are.

Hmmm. There are babies on both sides. When Obama won the presidency, it took all of a few minutes for Republicans to call for him to be hanged and memes to come out showing just that. Do I have to repost that one? And what about the Republicans who called Michelle Obama a transvestite? And what about the Republican who yelled out "liar" during Obama's address to Congress? Had any Democrat ever done that to a Republican president? Just a few examples off the top of my head.

1. Readmikenow profile image95

Gee, a quick look at the news will reveal that Obama didn't experience a fraction of what President Donald Trump and his supporters have experienced. I don't recall a republican member of congress yelling "We're going to impeach that mother F***ker."  Do you have any idea of the things that have been said about President Donald Trump's family?  Whoa, I could write a lot about that topic.  Ever seen the memes about President Donald Trump?  A Bernie Sanders supporter shot Republican congressmen.  Donald Trump supporters have had eggs thrown on them, chanted by Democrats until they leave restaurants, had their MAGA hats taken, beaten up and more.  The main stream media was then and is now an extension of the Democrat party.  Sorry, Obama had a rather easy ride compared to President Donald Trump.

1. Aime F profile image70
                Aime Fposted 5 years agoin reply to this

When it comes to who received more harsh criticism there’s no question.

However, Trump is not the first Republican president in history and the previous ones have not received anywhere near the same level of criticism.

To pretend that the way Donald Trump is viewed and treated is simply a result of Democrats being sore losers is silly. It’s him, as a human being, that repulses people.

Aimen!  smile

Couldn't disagree with you more Aime.  He's the first president since Ronald Reagan who is willing to fight against the biased media and those who attack him on the left.  It is him, he's a fighter.  Now, because the children of the Democrat party get their emotions hurt and like children say he's a bully, so be it.  I hope he continues and I'll continue laughing at the fits thrown by those on the left.

1. Aime F profile image70
                    Aime Fposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You’re not really disagreeing with me at all though, are you? You’re acknowledging that it’s his behaviour that elicits such a response. The difference is that you see it as acceptable and put a positive spin on it where other people see it as being crass and inappropriate for a leader. You are free to enjoy his behaviour just as others are free not to.

My point was that it’s not some inherent quality of the left that causes an uproar every time an election is lost - it was this particular election and this particular president, because he’s divisive and he’s an instigator and the right thrives on that just as much as the left hates it.

2. crankalicious profile image87

The political right collectively advocated for Obama to be hanged (or, they didn't object much to such memes)

What has happened to Trump that's worse than that? And what did Obama do to deserve such treatment other than to be black? Trump has done quite a bit to deserve such vitriol.

Obama and his minions corrupted the system...
                  https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video … oming.html

A summary of the abuses by the FBI..

https://spectator.org/the-most-successful-coverup/

Yes Mike, while you on the right love his dishonesty because you can relate. See, I can cast aspersions on  folks just as you can. tongue

That would be impeachment, Mike. The cure I mean...

Gee Randy, I hate to point this out to you, but you can impeach President Donald Trump all day, every day, but unless the Senate convicts him, he will stay in office. Since it would take 60 senators and the Republicans have 53, I don't think that will work.  I guess you can still dream.

For that very reason, impeachment is probably a waste of time and Democrats are stupid if they pursue it.

1. JAKE Earthshine profile image67
              JAKE Earthshineposted 5 years agoin reply to this

A Massive Blue Wave of Democratic Righteousness was primarily hired by the people in our last midterm election to CANCEL Bozo Trump's / republican's atrocious Corporate Welfare Tax Cut Scam which unconscionably transferred trillions of our money to the filthy rich while exploding our deficit, to fight for Medicare for ALL, PROTECT Social Security and Medicare, PROTECT our environment, to Raise the minimum wage for ALL workers and of course to hold Bozo Trump accountable and if that means IMPEACHMENT which it looks like it does because his behavior is beyond insane and corrupt with court docs indicating he is essentially an un-indicted co-conspirator, it must be pursued along with indictment to ensure and re-affirm the USA is STILL a land of laws and no man or woman is above them:

Yes Mike, but if the evidence of his corruption is bad enough, then the senators who didn't vote for impeachment would sign their own retirement forms. If it's shown Trump had a deal with Putin to help him win the election in some manner--we already know they did--would you still want him to be in office?

Besides, he will be indicted anyway when he leaves office and there's no hard and fast law which says a sitting POTUS can't be indicted. It's simply a policy the Justice Dept. made and can also unmake if they deem the crimes serious enough.

"IF"...good luck with that one.

We'll soon see, Mike. Mueller just extended the grand jury session for 6 more months and this bodes ill for your idol.

Well, I'm not worried. 

It's a beautiful Saturday and I intend to head outside here and do some bushwacking.  That is hiking off trial and navigating through the woods using a map and compass.  I taught a guy in his 20s how to do this and he really liked it.  So, I hope you have a good day and the weather is as nice where you are at as it is where I'm at right now.

Using a map and compass is indeed useful, Mike. I love to wander our forests on the farm and only got lost one time on a foggy day. I love practicing survival skills and using what you find in the wild as the Native Americans did.

Enjoy your day!  smile

2. wilderness profile image95
                  wildernessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Meaning two years of hard searching has found nothing, and he wants another 6 months of the spotlight and the fat paycheck.

Not sure how that bodes ill for anyone.

Once again Dan, where do you get your inside info on what Mueller has? Or are you psycho....er….I mean psychic?  tongue

3. jackclee lm profile image80

Or it may backfire...the danger for Democrats is if they push too far, more of their illegal activities will surface...and demostrate to the American people how corrupt they were...including President Obama...
                  We still have not found out what happened with the IRS scandal...
                  Now the FBI and DOJ is under the microscope.

1. wilderness profile image95

After the committee's request that Trump order an FBI investigation of Kavanaugh, and his action in doing just that, it seems apparent that the President can order an FBI investigation at will.

Will we now see 20 or 50 of the lead people pushing for multiple "investigations" (read: dirt finding missions, using the FBI as a tool) under investigation themselves?  That would be most interesting!

Did Rush tell you that, Jack?  lol

3. wilderness profile image95

It takes a 2/3rds majority of the Senate to impeach.  That's 66 votes; 47 Democrats and 19 Republicans.  Or the equivalent with a few independents thrown in.

Rather unlikely.

The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present.

Article I, Section III of the US Constitution

4. Credence2 profile image78
            Credence2posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Mile, that depends on what Trump of accused of, the GOP Senate will be protection for Trump being removed for other than substantive charges. That is OK. But if he goes too far, I would not rule out some Republican Senators supporting Democrats in favor of his removal from office.

Credence, what did you think of the Trump economy now? Does the 320k jobs and the 63.1% participation rate give you some confidence?

With regards to the Mueller investigation, if there was something real, it would have been leaked by now...

3. Sharlee01 profile image80
      Sharlee01posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Mitt goes whatever the way the wind blows. He is an old-time politician. Tell them whatever they want to hear". He is the last to know no one buys into that any longer.

2. jackclee lm profile image80

Here is a list of the corruption of Obama in just his first term in office...
    https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/p … nistration

3. jackclee lm profile image80
  4. jackclee lm profile image80
  5. jackclee lm profile image80

Randy, there are many more...
    I am shocked you know nothing about this?

Sorry Jack, your links suck! No wonder you believe what Rush tells you to.

Believe what you want...it is a free country.

6. jackclee lm profile image80

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)