How do you know if you sold your soul

Jump to Last Post 51-95 of 95 discussions (153 posts)
  1. RLWalker LM profile image60
    RLWalker LMposted 8 years ago

Well if the devil is the trickster he's made out to be, he might keep you in the dark it would seem to me. However I did try to sell my soul to a demon once as a teenager and was quite serious about it too. Every now and then when inexplicable misfortunes occur that seem unlikely and coincidental with no solution and very painfull for me... I quietly talk to myself and tell the demon to f off and leave me alone already.

But I don't know anything.

1. Castlepaloma profile image77
      Castlepalomaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

When Satan shows up, everywhere I go.
      From a funny farm.

2. Kiss andTales profile image59
    Kiss andTalesposted 8 years ago

Really you can easily do this , people think it is something out of the norm , but even Jesus was approached by satan himself,  notice what is written,

Mt 4:9 And he said to him: “All these things I will give you if you fall down and do an act of worship to me.”

What was satan offering for one act of worship, Governments,  power, positions over what belongs to him.

Lu 4:6 Then the Devil said to him: “I will give you all this authority and their glory, because it has been handed over to me, and I give it to whomever I wish.

And he has given to many through many Generations
    Government power.

But Jesus refused his offer , and said these words

Joh 14:30 I will not speak with you much more, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has no hold on me.
    Yes Jesus rejected satans offer to worship him in exchange for rulership, power , wealth.
    The point is he offers us the same things but many are accepting his offers.
    The problem is his offers come to a dead end, death eternal.
    Is it worth losing your life forever ? surly we can learn from Adam and Eve who listen to Satan's voice and are dead forever.
    We however have a precious hope to keep living forever in paradise.
    Why let satan steal that away from you .
    There is.no future in selling your soul.

3. profile image0
    ValKarasposted 8 years ago

When we spend a lot of time introspecting and second guessing ourselves, all chances are that  "our truth will be at place where we are looking for it". In other words, if we are watchful for the signs of something like "devil lurking at our soul", then sooner or later that may become our intimate reality.
    Of course, not that a "real" devil will steal our soul, but we are going to fall victims of our own suggestive conditioning and start experiencing whatever in our beliefs is "appropriate" to experience in such a situation.

We might as well start asking ourselves over and over "how it would feel to be de-personalized"  -  and sure enough, one day we would forget our own name. We don't need "devil" to mess with our minds  -  most of the folks are quite proficient at doing it to themselves.

4. iggy7117 profile image92
    iggy7117posted 8 years ago

A good sign you sold your soul would be when the Devil comes to collect it, I feel a more earthly approach is when you dedicate and live your life according to sin.

5. profile image0
    LoliHeyposted 8 years ago

You would definitely know.  A deal is an arrangement made between you and another person.  You can't buy a car--sign the lease or anything, without knowing what you are getting into to, right?  You walked into the car dealership, and knowingly asked and gave consent.  The same with the devil.  You would have to have given yourself 100% to Satan.  I don't know if this means literally conjuring him or a demon up and signing a blood contract, because I don't know anyone who has literally done that and admitted it.  If you have, Jesus has the power to break that contract, if you accept Him into your heart and renounce your deal.

6. ambassadorbutler7 profile image61
    ambassadorbutler7posted 8 years ago

When you can't sleep at night or day depending upon your circumstances and say over and over again that I'm going to hell. You better start taking some sleeping pills on February 18, 2016 A.D. 9:09am and forever.

7. modernalchemyst profile image88
    modernalchemystposted 8 years ago

You can't sell your soul. You are your soul wrapped in a layer of ego and human experience. I suppose you could technically sell yourself into slavery, in a sense. In that case, plenty of people do that on a daily basis without realizing it. Are you living in fear? Are you bound to a certain doctrine or ideology with vague, intangible yet terrifying consequences for deviating from it? Are you living your life the way you know is best, or are you letting others under the guise of religion (or lack thereof) tell you how to live it?

If the answer is yes, maybe you did sell your soul, but probably not to any devil. The good news is, your soul is your own and can only ever really belong to you. What you do with it is your responsibility and yours alone, but pawning it off to others, whether a shifty "devil" or a holy man, is only a temporary copout.

8. shanmarie profile image71
    shanmarieposted 8 years ago

It may have been funny to the teacher, but she was right. If you have to ask, it's too late. People  with morals when they have done wrong, especially to that degree.

9. profile image0
    threekeysposted 7 years ago

When you have betrayed one of your values. When you know you are allowing yourself to be manipulated with awareness. When you feel shame and guilt inside. When you don't like yourself. These experiences let me know if or when I  did or was tempted to sell myself out.

10. roselinsojan profile image60
    roselinsojanposted 7 years ago

when we do right thing, our subconscious mind will appreciate us&when we do wrong our mind will always say that, we are in a wrong track.if we keep silent and hear our soul talking,then we will not allow to do wrong&never sell our soul to devil.

11. Laura Karina profile image60
    Laura Karinaposted 7 years ago

I haven't seen any checks lately.

And I pray a lot.

12. Stella Kaye profile image84
    Stella Kayeposted 7 years ago

I have sold my soul at least twice in my lifetime....once when I married and once to the building society. The devil doesn't even come into it!

1. Kiss andTales profile image59
      Kiss andTalesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The devil thinks he does ! and he is more powerful then mere humans.
      What is the fight over souls ? The Heavenly Father is trying
      "To keep you living through out eternity in a paradise " If you sale your ticket you will not inter the opportunity.

13. Brynn Thorssen profile image84
    Brynn Thorssenposted 7 years ago

Last Halloween, someone on my Facebook page posted a link to the teachings of Dr. Malachi Martin, who was a renowned exorcist in the Catholic church. There are some interesting recordings available on YouTube of his interviews with Art Bell. He addresses this topic specifically. He believes, as an expert in the field, that you have to make a conscious decision to sell your soul, and that people who are possessed become possessed because they invite the entity into their being. That is what your Sunday School teacher meant, which is actually pretty advanced theological thinking. Dr. Martin believed that when you are possessed or have sold your soul, you are very aware of it because you made a decision to do it.  He also said that you are in communication with the entity and know that you are doing its bidding.

There is one difference he noted which was the idea of being *obsessed by the devil or an evil spirit (there are, btw, many different powerful entities, (and lesser entities) but the powerful ones may as well be the devil himself  to mortals like us). Being obsessed doesn't mean that you are obsessed with the idea but rather that the demon *wants to take over your body or soul but can't, because you haven't given it permission ("ob" meaning external). But they can bug you nonetheless.

I would say to listen to the first interview with Dr. Martin and Art Bell, because Dr. Martin gets a little goofy in the later interviews (I think the fame went to his head lol), it is far more complicated than the popular media makes it out to be. Also, The Rite is a good movie to watch on the subject, it addresses the idea of people being possessed for a number of years before the demon can be cast out (which frankly makes more sense).

14. Sam Shepards profile image93
    Sam Shepardsposted 7 years ago

What is the definition of a soul? Is it concrete? Is it one part? Does it have attributes? If you have your definition of a soul are you sure it exists?

Difficult to know if you are selling something if it is not defined in the question or argument? There are principles, ideas, ideologies, memories, etc... You can strive to adhere to, but I guess that's probably not what you mean. To who do you sell? If you just don't adhere you sell out to your old idea of self, but what more do you loose?

15. profile image53
    Setank Setunkposted 7 years ago

Your teacher is incorrect. You will not know right away if your soul has fled.
    It's not yours to own or to sale but is a conditional companion through which God watches over you. My companion fled in the Fall of 1986. It was a long while before I knew it, and it has never returned. Take care not to frighten yours away.

Interesting Mr SetS. The problem I have with your experience
      Is that the Heavenly Father says different. 
      Nu 6: 6All the days of his keeping separate to Jehovah he may not come toward any dead soul
      Here the body dead is still a soul.

16. Periwinkle Paisle profile image61
    Periwinkle Paisleposted 7 years ago

I'm pretty sure the devil, or one of his minions, shows up and has you sign a contract in blood. Then you're wildly successful at whatever it is you sold your soul for.

17. Sharlee01 profile image81
    Sharlee01posted 7 years ago

It's my opinion it's how you live your life, and are you comfortable with how you live your life. If you are constantly unhappy with compromises you make against your better judgement, and feel you are perhaps not living to enjoy your existence. You just may have sold your soul somewhere along the line.

18. stas karimov profile image62
    stas karimovposted 7 years ago

You can not serve two gods. If you serve Jesus, then you know the cosmic laws. If you cooperate with the devil it means that you have your property but do not know the cosmic laws!

19. Reluctant Revival profile image55
    Reluctant Revivalposted 7 years ago

You know that you sold your soul by making a huge life-changing decision that goes directly against God's will. The decision you make will affect the rest of your life and you will have to continually go against God's will for the rest of your life.

1. profile image0
      LoliHeyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

and you don't care about it either.

20. India-Nepal profile image59
    India-Nepalposted 7 years ago

Satan is the deceiver. He cannot own your soul because he didn't create it. But that doesn't mean you're headed to the Kingdom of God after your death though - Satan can deceive you into doing his bidding so that your soul after death is separated from God eternally.

21. Third Eyes Wide profile image60
    Third Eyes Wideposted 7 years ago

You would know simply because it involves free will and the act of actually asking.

22. profile image54
    smatnewsposted 7 years ago

Sometimes it may be too late to discover this error in hell fire.so many careless Christians have discovered this ugly incident but it was too late to know their ends after selling their soul to devil.They are just like Esau. However, a born-again christian suppose to know this when he/she falls into sin.in this case there are ways a man or woman,boy or girl could exchange he/she soul,either you give to God or devil.we ought to make our salvation real and firm..watch and pray because your enemy the devil is seeking your soul very second to have it.

Very interesting  how you express this subject, if we just would take time to examine the Hebrew original  word of scripture  ,hell does not exist. But you bring a a real powerful thought is that it's too late after death ,that is God judges.

23. profile image57
    Yashee Rajposted 7 years ago

I think when a person forgets his or her values towards the country, society, to his/her family most fatal one is to him/herself.

24. Omar Eldamsheety profile image75
    Omar Eldamsheetyposted 7 years ago

If the right and wrong is very clear but I still choose to do the wrong and hate to do the right.

25. Jaxxi profile image61
    Jaxxiposted 6 years ago

You literally sign a document in blood, or put your blood on the document somewhere by your signature.

26. mchllhwgt profile image67
    mchllhwgtposted 6 years ago

You will be unable to sleep at night because you're inner self is in conflict with itself.

27. josbo1 profile image59
    josbo1posted 6 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13540216_f260.jpg

Yes, I believe you will know if Satan wants your soul. He would be presenting to you wonderful riches and the "big question". Will you trade your soul to me for all these riches and accolades?

A lot of people would take this deal in a heartbeat. Thinking, What has my soul done for me lately. And living without your soul must be a extremely mind-bending experience. You would be knowing that you were absolutely going to "hell". I don't think you can enter heaven without a soul.

I lived in Las Vegas for 22 years. I was always sure it was a place you had to go to "pay your dues". Yes I had dues to pay, but 22 years worth? And with the nickname "Sin City" it has a very clear meaning.

28. Alan Grace profile image60
    Alan Graceposted 6 years ago

Every living being have the individual Soul. It cannot be sold. It is due to ignorance we think of it. It is clearly said that the veil of ignorance have been covered on the Soul https://goo.gl/6xRzBW

29. AF Mind profile image54
    AF Mindposted 6 years ago

The scripture has no instance of a person “selling their soul” to the Devil Now there are instances of them worshiping him, but there is a difference between devoting yourself to him and then selling it. Selling it implies that he gives you something in return and that you cannot get it back. It does not work that way. As “the god of this world,” Satan has dominion over those who live without the truth in the world (2 Corinthians 4 4).

This comes from the story of Faust. Dr. Faustus, a man makes a deal with the devil: in exchange for his body and soul, the man is to receive supernatural power and pleasures for 24 years. The devil agrees to the trade, and Dr. Faustus enjoys the pleasures of sin for a season, but his doom is sealed. At the end of 24 years, Faustus attempts to thwart the devil’s plans, but he meets a frightful demise, nonetheless

30. The0NatureBoy profile image56
    The0NatureBoyposted 6 years ago

One's soul can not be sole nor bought, it is a concept used because modern day's organized religions believe in god and devil and to be a servant to the devil is "selling of the soul".

Although man's plight is explained in the metaphors, allegories, parables and symbol-types (MAPS) of religions, the self-reproducing environment, astrology, math, scientific findings and all other disciplines of study, our failure to integrate them keeps us ignorant of there is no god/devil and other "judgmental adjectives" we use to maintain our ignorance.

In that light, we will know we have never "sold our souls" once we learn to see everything objectively as "being what it is" rather than maintaining the social judgment imposed over its purpose.

31. fivestarhere profile image62
    fivestarhereposted 6 years ago

Really interesting. I don't know you say please.
    fivestarhere.com

32. Jimmy K Junior profile image61
    Jimmy K Juniorposted 6 years ago

Very easy, when you stop hearing those whispers of your inner person," the conscience," that is when you realize that the image of God in you faded a long time ago and you are just a vessel for satans command. when you don't take a second to think about the things you do and just do it.God is orderly so you ought also to be. When you don't take your time to meditate on what  wrong things you think have been happening in your life and feels it's just okay,then you sold your soul a long time ago.
    In the book of Job, satan goes to God to ask for permission in order to tempt Job to prove to God that Job was not one of his servants but at the end of it job perceived and emerged victorious.If by any chance any temptations coming your way just have no meaning and you fall for them,then your soul belongs not to God.

1. The0NatureBoy profile image56
      The0NatureBoyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Especially if they contradict almost everything you believe. Isaiah 28:9 say Whom shall [god] teach knowledge? and whom shall [god] make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from [religious teachings], and drawn from the [religious teachers].

2. Kiss andTales profile image59
      Kiss andTalesposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Very good points Denis .I would like to say to Elijah that The Heavenly Father and Satan are not the same
      But the very opposite in personality. satan takes life
      The Father gives life.
      Just as the moon and sun gives light both are different

3. The0NatureBoy profile image56

So, you deny the scriptural facts, Kiss & Tales?  Okay, have it your way, this is Burger King.

4. Jimmy K Junior profile image61
      Jimmy K Juniorposted 6 years agoin reply to this

well said kiss and tails.

33. mrpooper profile image37
    mrpooperposted 6 years ago

Better have a receipt.

Actually, you'll know the sale was made when the Devil comes to collect

1. The0NatureBoy profile image56

With god's name being I AM THAT I AM which part of god is the devil? Isaiah 45:7 reads,I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things so how do we separate god from the devil in collecting souls?

34. ChadCrouch profile image52
    ChadCrouchposted 6 years ago

Why would you want to sell your soul? You would know if someone like crowley from the tv show supernatural approaches you lol.

35. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 6 years ago

when you started to betray your own parents and siblings, you have definitely sold your sold to someone else

36. Sean Dragon profile image71
    Sean Dragonposted 6 years ago

And why Devil(!!!???) would like to have my soul?
    Anyway, I believe that when you live a life without giving love you feel something like that and so you'll know it.

37. Monika Majborg profile image59
    Monika Majborgposted 6 years ago
  38. stelaligizaki profile image67
    stelaligizakiposted 6 years ago

When you cannot recognize yourself...

39. talkmary50 profile image63
    talkmary50posted 6 years ago

When you decisions and values are not your own but determined by the input of others. When you distance yourself from what you love to do and only do the things you do because of expectations made from others. Goals are no longer accomplished or made. You wake up one day and realize the life you lived was not on your terms but on the terms of what others thought. You will only own your own soul is when you are true to yourself without the influence of others.

40. Live to Learn profile image60
    Live to Learnposted 6 years ago

Your soul isn't yours to sell.

41. Abishek Moda profile image60
    Abishek Modaposted 5 years ago

#Meditation #Blissful_Sleep #SleepMeditation (#result with in 20 minutes)
    click the link below its take to our YouTube channel
    if you like it please like and subcribe our channel

#Close your eyes and feel deeply to your mind the powerful music will relief all your stress
    and negetive energy Meditation Music for Blissful Sleep With Wealth Frequency 432Hz (20 Minutes) Binaural Beats

You´re NOW about to activate your greatness within you. Our powerful meditations
    music are going to CHANGE YOUR LIFE. You will feel happier, stronger,
    peaceful and powerful.
    We humans are powerful creators of life. Magical Blessing meditations
    and mantras Awaken and Inspire people to manifest great things in their
    lives: inner peace, love, abundance, joy, optimism, freedom, wealth.

https://youtu.be/SvUWEPTwm5M

42. Castlepaloma profile image77
    Castlepalomaposted 5 years ago

Many groups want to steal my soul.
    No, no no.. it's the only one I got with million parts to it. If someone wants to come along and so we can enhance each other souls the most , that's ultimate love.

43. Castlepaloma profile image77
    Castlepalomaposted 4 years ago

Wow this is a really old post.

It can only be in your mind to allow your soul to be prossessed. In

My core soul can only be penetraded by love and kindness. Love being my God. Kindness to nature as my Religion.

44. Hertha David profile image78
    Hertha Davidposted 3 years ago

When you loose faith in God.

I will never loose my faith in love. A baby will die without love, same for an old man. If there is 3000 major Gods, then you would believe in 2999 less gods.

45. cer1056 profile image44
    cer1056posted 3 years ago

Hi,  Question, how do you know if you Sold your Soul ?
    A1) first, you have to know what your Soul is.
    A2) Your Soul is:  your Personality, Identity, or Conscious Mind.
    A3)  Further, this Universe is a creation by the One True God, the Father, through his Son - the Lord Jesus Christ.
    A4) with the Fall of Man, this Universe came under the Dominion of the Fallen Angel Lucifer, NOW called Satan, and the Rest of the Fallen Angels.
    A5) - this means that unless you specifically choose to follow Jesus Christ you are automatically under Satan's dominion and he owns you.
    A6) you don't have to sell your Soul, Satan already has it.
    A7) although some are tricked into becoming active participants of Satan's rebellion.  Most don't understand their situation.  They sell their soul for Power, wealth, position etc in this world, not realizing that this game is eternal, and that is a big mistake.
    A8) This experience is in reality a spiritual School that you must pass.  Failure ultimately means spiritual death.
    A9. Knowingly selling out for worldly goods and pleasures is a short sighted foolish and immature mistake.
    A10) Truth- first and foremost in all things.
    A11) I as a scientist and mystic accidently summoned Satan in an experiment, and that thing is a Dark Spirit of Seething Rage, I immediately cast it out and realised the Truth (Reality) of this existence; it was a life changing event !!!

The ones with the most money, material wealth, most wars, most prisons and most Covid are the American Christian. Even 96% of the Congress and whitehouse are Christians. None of them, can't defeat Satan's domination.

Is it not simplier to stay away from Christianity and be more ethical.

A soul could be a million parts of you, nobody's going to steal my soul, only got one - oneness.

1. cer1056 profile image44
        cer1056posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Hi, the first Message Jesus gave for the End Times - was:
        'Be Not Deceived !!!
        - The reality is most So called Christians are 'in name only '
        - Real Christians are being increasingly persecuted from
        all sides !
        - God is a God of order, not confusion.

How many Christian is that? God is so picky about.

Maybe 144,000 of them, minus women.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)