One More Anuising Question... Just Turning The Tables

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (117 posts)
  1. Sharlee01 profile image79
    Sharlee01posted 3 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/15005309.jpg

I noted a thread here on HP political forum that addresses the question.
    ‘Why do liberals think Trump supporters are stupid?" I hope to even the "playing field".

Why do those that can't support Biden think those that do support him are stupid or better put illogical?  I will not provide a long list. I will leave that up to you. This question is to point out there are two sides to this presidential election, and the mere fact that there are valid negative opinions in regards to Biden's character, and history.

1. Credence2 profile image79
      Credence2posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Glad to have you back, Sharlee. I missed sparring with you.

2. profile image0
      La Veeztaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

The Democrats actually believe Biden is capable of what he is accused of and did it. They believe the woman, they all have always said what?

“The woman must be believed”

Being the Hypocrites that they are,   they just don’t care.

https://youtu.be/truEqKnCkhg

Sharlee01posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I can assume you are speaking of Tara Reade's allegation of sexual misconduct. It appears some Dem's are supporting she be heard. yesterday she an interview merged with Reade being interviewed by Megyn Kelly. It was very poignant. Reade was asked very direct questions and asked Biden to do a polygraph. There has also been more evidence image today. In a court document, Reade's ex-husband gave details about Reade's ongoing problem living with a prior sexual assault. "Ms. Reade’s former husband said she spoke of a sexual harassment problem she had when working in Joseph R. Biden Jr.’s Senate office."

Ms. Reade has many stepping forward collaborating her claim.  She deserves to listen too, and her claim investigated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4Mgpj4t7ZU

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 … assment-in

I see this is clearly is on the subject, and clearly a part of Biden's history that one might consider before supporting him.

So, to answer my question do you find someone that would vote for Joe Biden after hearing his past sexual abuse allegation as being illogical or have a poor thought process?

2. Sharlee01 profile image79

Biden’s role at Burisma Holdings Ltd has come under intense scrutiny in the past with alligations that Biden improperly tried to help his son’s business interests in Ukraine. Nabbing him a job that paid millions of dollars for doing much of nothing...

Interviews with at least a dozen people, including executives and former prosecutors in Ukraine, paint a very bad picture of Hunter's director position where he had been hired to advise on legal issues, corporate finance, and strategy.  During a five-year term on the board, which ended in April of 2019
    Hunter Biden's passport proved he had never visited Ukraine for any company business during that time he had been employed. However, he collected his paycheck regularly. Some feel he was on the board to protect the company from its most serious challenge: a series of criminal investigations launched by Ukrainian authorities against its owner, Mykola Zlochevsky.

Hunter Biden was also pulling in cash as a  board member at BHR Equity Investment Fund Management Company, a Chinese state-backed private equity firm, since late 2013, and had to give up n that job too when old dad decided to run for president. Again Hunter did not travel to China but once when he went with his dad and obtained his job with that state-backed bank, Curious...

Joe Biden has been accused of obtaining those positions for his son.
    Does this kind of allegation make one question Joe Biden's character? Yes, one can only wonder. However, the facts have been verified Hunter did work for both companies. He never denied it.  Alligations can be very ugly and follow all involved.

3. GA Anderson profile image88
    GA Andersonposted 3 years ago

ahem . . . " I will arrogantly take credit for your return. It is good to see you back.

To your point—which I took to be the sex allegations, I don't think Biden did it. I only say that because it seems out of character for him—not because I know anything more. Secondly, I don't believe, (perhaps naively), there is any substance to the Burisma, et al. allegations.

But, I do believe the hypocrisy of the Democrats is on full display regarding the Tara Reade allegations, (a la their #metoo perspective—which has gone from "be believed" to "be heard"), and their refusal to even consider any of the mentioned negatives, (which I don't fully support), about their candidate.

Had any of these charges been laid at the feet of a Republican their, (the Democrats), outcry would have been deafening.

As a caveat, I like Biden, (and still do as a person). I was an early supporter—until he started campaigning and I saw the 'politician' Joe Biden. Now I think he is just another pandering politician undeserving of my support.

GA

1. IslandBites profile image89
      IslandBitesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

But, I do believe the hypocrisy of the Democrats is on full display regarding the Tara Reade allegations, (a la their #metoo perspective—which has gone from "be believed" to "be heard"), and their refusal to even consider any of the mentioned negatives, (which I don't fully support), about their candidate.

I believe the hypocrisy of both sides is in full display. You already mentioned the Democrats hypocrisy. You forgot the Republicans hypocrisy. Now we should believe the woman. Now there's indignation, calls for a candidate to drop out, and so on.

1. GA Anderson profile image88
        GA Andersonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yep, there is that too.

GA

2. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 3 years agoin reply to this

There is hypocrisy, but it is on both sides. Nothing new there,

What is new is that voters already knowingly elected a man with 25+ allegations of sexual abuse, including rape of an underage girl.  By those standards, the Biden allegation should produce little more than a raised eyebrow from those voters. Just like with sexual assault, there are varying degrees of hypocrisy and the Biden supporters don't even rate a blip on the meter compared to a Trump voter having the nerve to question Biden's character. This will forever be their cross to bear, as I doubt there will ever be a candidate  of more despicable character than Trump.

3. Sharlee01 profile image79

Yes,  you can take credit for my return, your suggestion to take a breather was well taken.  At this point, I am not needed at the hospital. Michigan's COVID hospitalizations are dwindling. I took myself off  call.

My feelings on Tara Reade's allegation. I think it just that thus far, an allegation. To be truthful, I find her timing questionable. However, she does have many that have stepped up to back her allegation, as well as now a document that shows she spoke to her husband about the abuse. I think she should be heard and given the chance to prove her claim. One could certainly say some Dem's in Washington are exhibiting hypocrisy by dismissing her story altogether.  In regard to Hunter Biden and his lucrative foreign positions on boards where he really had nothing offer, we can agree to disagree. In my view, he got those positions due to being Joe's son. --- perhaps no quid pro quo occurred, we will never really know. Water under the bridge...  One could only imagine what the Dem's would do if either of the above situations occurred with Trump as the main character.

As you would assume I will stick with Trump when casting my one vote in Nov.  I have well researched Biden's agenda, and what I can see he has none of his own. It looks as if he borrowed not the only many of the unkept promises Obama made, but several Trump made and kept. If you thought him a panderer, you ain't seen nothing until you read some of his agenda. I have added a couple of links that are well organized by his campaign that lays out his agenda in all its glory.

I have another problem that would deter me from considering Biden for our President.  He is showing signs of dementia. He angers easily and appears to go totally off subject almost every time he gives an interview. He does better when he can be filmed with a script, but a live interview, he can't be coached.

https://joebiden.com/joes-vision/

https://joebiden.com/highlights-from-jo … community/

1. profile image0

Wilderness....where are you?

2. GA Anderson profile image88

" In regard to Hunter Biden and his lucrative foreign positions on boards where he really had nothing offer, we can agree to disagree. In my view, he got those positions due to being Joe's son. --- perhaps no quid pro quo occurred"

Perhaps you misunderstood my comment. I have no problem agreeing with your above thought. I think being the VP's son was the only reason he got the job on the board or the Chinese investment monies.

But, I see no evidence of the charges of Joe Biden's complicity—other than the apparent poor choice of including his son on his official China trip.

GA

GA, I agree with you, there is no real proof that any wrongdoings resulted due to Hunter's positions on either foreign board. The mere fact that Hunter had no real experience to offer either position may have worked to provide the perception of wrongdoing.   Did Joe Biden ask for his son to be hired to these positions, we will never know or is it fair to assume we know... There is no proof of this or proof Joe returned any favors. Chances are he was hired as a prop. window dressing.

The main point of the thread was to point out hypocrisy. I hope this example will get some realizing the tables have now turned. At any rate, could you imagine if this was Donald Trump Jr. we were discussing taking a job in Ukraine and China, while his dad held office?

Some are putting a proverbial weight on wrongdoing, perhaps to justify supporting Biden.  Some may realize at this point choosing to support a presidential candidate is not as cut and dry, and will actually involve weighing not only wrongdoing but agenda. In my view once again we have two candidates that have character baggage, once again agenda will be what I consider over and above all.

I ran across a Politico article that pretty well summed up
          Biden's history. It is sobering how little he did or accomplished in his years in Washington.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ … ign-121422

1. GA Anderson profile image88

The Democrat hypocrisy is very obvious in this instance, but, as has been pointed out to me, both sides are guilty. My bias just makes me feel the Democrats' is more obvious—this time.

I guess I would have to go back and see how opposed to investigation the Republicans were in the Ford/Kavanaugh case to compare degrees of hypocrisy.

GA

1. IslandBites profile image89
              IslandBitesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Or in the cases of the multiple accusations against Trump.

I remember it well. The Republicans were very opposed to the Kavanaugh investigations. However, they did not insinuate Ford was not telling the truth, or did one Senator stand in the capital and make the statement::  "all women should not only be heard but they should be believed." Senator Mazie Hirono

.At this point, it appears the Dem's have developed a new way of looking at sexual allegations when it comes to one of their own that is, and that is  ---  Well it's only one allegation it just does not hold as much weight as several allegations would.  (Pure hypocrisy)

Some in Washington claim the entire matter should be closed.  Nancy Pelosi literally said she believed Joe Biden, and the matter was closed and that she would not any longer take questions in regards to Tara Reade's allegation.  Some Dem in Washington are of the same opinion as Nancy, some claim she should be respected, and her allegations heard.

I feel the Democrats win the hypocrisy trophy for this one.

1. Valeant profile image86
                Valeantposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Really - when you are up here calling for a thorough investigation into Biden while willingly dismissing any of the 20 claims during the last presidential election, including the one of a rape allegation made by a 14-year old girl.  That one still keeps you in the lead for any trophies. 

We listened to her allegation.  Then we noted how her story changed, how she is being represented by a Trump donor (which automatically raises credibility issues) and we've seen how Trump supporters have tried to create false sexual assault claims against Mueller and Buttigieg in the last two years. 

If there was actual proof of her claim, and not just hearsay which you seem to count as evidence now, then that allegation would clearly give people more pause.

It's not hypocrisy to listen to an allegation and come to a determination of its veracity.  Trump supporters have been doing it for 3.5 years now, yet want a full investigation now that the shoe is on the other foot.  There's plenty of hypocrisy to go around here, so you better have enough trophies for all.

Valeant, First let me point out. I have not stated anywhere that I feel or want any form of investigation into the Reade's litigation against Biden. I stated she should be heard. As did many Dems with each and every Trump sexual allegation, as did I.   No more no less... She deserves to be heard.

Second -- I never dismissed any allegations made toward Trump. Never!  I feel all women should be heard.  I find it rude and unacceptable for you to accuse me of something just because you can. It's very clear you are attempted to argumentive. 

Thrid - this thread is about Biden. Read my opening statement. I am solely pointing out any and all character flaws in regard to Biden, as you did in your recent thread "Question".  I sought to turn the tables, not weight or compare characteristic flaws between Trump and Biden. As your thread sought to point out a long list of Trump's flaws. I will be pointing out and hope to discuss Biden's flaws, his baggage. I am not willing to put weight on wrongdoings. Not going to play the game Trump has 25 alligations Biden only has 9...Add them both up, I did and do not condone or approve or have I asked for investigations into any of them. 

So, your statement  -"It's not hypocrisy to listen to an allegation and come to a determination of its veracity."  covers your thoughts about Tara Reade's allegation. All the rest I consider old news., that has been beaten to death. We have new news, and that's about Biden. It is your prerogative to disregard Reade's claim. I have no problem with that. I laid out what has been reported in regard to Reade's alligations. No more no less.

This thread is to clearly point out the hypocrisy on the left. So far covering the subject of sexual abuse and possible quid pro quo. It's clear you feel it all hearsay in Reade's case. But you came down heavy on Trump, you do realize all the allegations that women made against Trump are also hearsay? Yet you continue to speak of these alligations as "truth". This is purely hypocritical in my opinion.

This Reade allegation is an ugly one that will follow Biden, just as the same type of allegations has followed Trump. Although if you choose to dismiss her allegation, that's on you.

4. emge profile image79
    emgeposted 3 years ago

This shows the weakness of the man.A aspiring leader cannot have a weakness like an ordinary citizen. I don't think Biden is presidential material. Add to this allegations of sexual misconduct and in my view he should be written of straight away.  God forbid he becomes president he may well be the Gorbachev of America.

5. Sharlee01 profile image79

Is Joe Biden a liar, does he lie frequently?. Should we start a list?  One of the aspects of the Trump presidency has been for some such as the media, Democrats, and actually some Republicans to pretend Washington D.C. was an institution of truth-telling politicians prior to Trump's presidency that is. What that means is that when you get someone like Biden opposite of Trump, there’s an occurring spontaneous assumption made that Joe is somehow more honest than President Trump. However, there’s little evidence of that. There is a good deal of evidence Biden has been dishonest throughout his entire career, and as of late, this has become even more evident due to earning a ridiculous number of WAPO's Pinocchios in the past few months.

Washington Post dinged him for being misleading with a clip saying that the “American Dream is dead” but Trump continued to say he intended to “bring it back,” which the Biden folks just decided to clip that out of their ad's. Democrats are famous for this type of editing.

The Washington Post's fact-checker column awarded four Pinocchios to former Vice President Joe Biden on March 13, 2020, for a campaign ad that creates "a false narrative" that does not reflect the event as it occurred. The column said the video manipulation distorts President Trump's remarks about the Coronavirus. The campaign ad says Trump referred to the Coronavirus as "a HOAX" at a campaign rally in South Carolina. But, the Washington Post fact-checker Meg Kelly called the editing of the president's remarks a "blatant misrepresentation"."At the 10-second mark [of the ad], the camera shows a tight shot of President Trump saying 'Coronavirus' and then cuts to a wide shot where [Trump] says, 'this is their new hoax.' Both clips are from Trump’s Feb. 28 campaign rally in North Charleston, S.C., but he never said 'Coronavirus, this is their new hoax.' Rather, Biden’s ad clipped a large part of Trump’s speech to make it seem as though he had," the article explained.

"Ultimately, the seriousness of the Coronavirus outbreak, the fact that Trump had clarified his comments on the matter before the ad was released, and the blatant way the Biden camp isolated his remarks about the American Dream pushed us to Four Pinocchios," Kelly added. "campaigns must be willing to make their case without resorting to video manipulation."

WAPO also gave the Biden campaign four Pinocchios for the claim by adviser Ron Klain that Trump was “silencing” Dr. Nancy Messonnier of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Biden has also made the claim that Trump “muzzled” scientists, even claiming Dr.Fauci was being silenced even as Fauci was giving briefings and speaking to media.

Joe earned "mostly false" for claiming that President Trump had “refused Coronavirus testing kits from the World Health Organization.

So, should WAPO get that list started on Biden early on? he seems to have an aversion to lying.

Thank Goodness for the fact-checkers. Will they continue to be believed by those on the left, now that they are fact-checking Joe, or will they be looked at differently?  If so, I would think this is a clear case of hypocrisy.

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 3 years agoin reply to this

But Sharlee - where would the liberals be without the ability, and willingness, to lie?

Fact checkers - no, they will not accept any fact checking that does not agree with their bias, as it is an obvious lie from a questionable source.  And any fact checker they like will not be looking into the questions and events that matter.

I must agree, from what I have witnessed your sentiment totally rings true.

6. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 3 years ago

It is my opinion that there is no point discussing 1) sexual allegations against these two presidential candidates or 2) whether or not either of them lie.

It has already been demonstrated that about 63 million voters will vote for a self-admitted sexual assaulter. It seems quite reasonable to expect that perhaps a few million more will see fit to vote for an alleged sexual assaulter over a self-admitted one.

As for lying, well, again, almost 63 million voters demonstrated they really don't give a hoot about that. They voted for a proven chronic liar. So, again, it seems quite reasonable to think a few million more would vote for a candidate who lies once in awhile over a proven serial liar.

There really is no point  in discussing either of these characteristics in a candidate since the man who is currently president possesses both of them to a most humongous degree. Biden cannot logically be viewed as more of a sexual predator or a more prolific liar than Trump.

Why don't we talk about differences in competency? Or knowledge? Or policies?

That might be a worthwhile discussion, but for some reason I cannot fathom, Trump fans love to diss on Biden's character. The problem with that is....it's laughable. It's astonishing. It's pathetic.

That ship has sailed, Trump fans. The more you bring it up, the more ridiculous you sound. If Trump is such a phenomenal president, why don't you focus on that? It's truly weird watching this bizarre character bashing from those who already voted for  a lying sexual predator.

To address your first three paragraphs, logically I believe you just may be correct. I am very sure many will support Biden, and vote for him. In my opinion, you are right on with your assumptions. 

PP -- "Biden cannot logically be viewed as more of a sexual predator or a more prolific liar than Trump."

This sentiment to me implies(and I might be wrong) you are assigning a weight to wrongdoing. How does this excuse either men? They seemingly would have the same immoral tendencies. But one committed more acts of sexual abuse and told more lies. So in your opinion or as you  indicate
      " Biden cannot logically be viewed as more of a sexual predator or a more prolific liar than Trump."   You have most definitely given weight to wrongdoing.

Do you really find it odd that some on the right hope to kick up some dirt due to listening for four years how character deprived Trump is? Come on now... It seems you feel we should just look the other way at Joe's obvious poor character flaws, just not discuss them. Seem's what your proposing is a bit hypocritical.

Not sure why you find my comment laughable. I certainly provided a couple of incidences of Biden's dishonesty, and the evidence I provided came from the liberals  Bible  WAPO. A resource liberals highly respect.

You ask why not talk about competency. That was my very next concern. So, yes let's talk competency.  Now that's a real can of worms.

1. profile image0

PP -- "Biden cannot logically be viewed as more of a sexual predator or a more prolific liar than Trump."

This sentiment to me implies(and I might be wrong) you are assigning a weight to wrongdoing. How does this excuse either men? "  It doesn't, to me, and that is at least part of my point. Trump voters, on the other hand, already  "excused" Trump when they voted for him for President of the United States knowing full well he admitted to being a sexual predator. Since you already voted for a self-admitted sexual predator, it is absurd to be concerned about the allegations against Biden.

As for assigning weight to wrongdoing, we do that all the time, both formally and informally. Murder is a more serious crime than theft; lying to the IRS is more serious than telling your mother you like her new haircut when you actually hate it.Getting a DUI for the third time is  more serious than a single infraction.

"Do you really find it odd that some on the right hope to kick up some dirt due to listening for four years how character deprived Trump is? Come on now... It seems you feel we should just look the other way at Joe's obvious poor character flaws, just not discuss them. Seem's what your proposing is a bit hypocritical." You looked the other way when you voted for Trump, yet now you want to make Biden's character an issue. Seems hypocritical to me,

"Not sure why you find my comment laughable. I certainly provided a couple of incidences of Biden's dishonesty, and the evidence I provided came from the liberals  Bible  WAPO. A resource liberals highly respect." Any Trump voter suddenly caring about a president or candidate  lying is laughable, given the number of whoppers emerging from Trump's lips pretty much every day.

PP -- "Trump voters, on the other hand, already  "excused" Trump when they voted for him for President of the United States knowing full well he admitted to being a sexual predator. Since you already voted for a self-admitted sexual predator, it is absurd to be concerned about the allegations against Biden."

I have made it very clear on multiple occasions as I did here in response to GA. I do not support or condone Trump's behavior. To repeat I voted for his agenda due to what I considered a choice I needed to make between two candidates that had characters I did not appreciate. So, I look at Biden in the same light, but he also lacks an agenda that I find in any respect attractive. You seem to be of the mindset all Trump supporters are the same or that they they could not have varying reasons for voting for him.

PP-"As for assigning weight to wrongdoing, we do that all the time, both formally and informally. Murder is a more serious crime than theft; lying to the IRS.  However, in the case of this conversation, we are talking about the same "crimes"...  Murder is a violent crime cheating the IRS is a non-violent crime. Unproven Rape is unproven rape, Lying is lying. I see no correlation between murder and White-collar non-violent crime. 

PP. "You looked the other way when you voted for Trump, yet now you want to make Biden's character an issue. Seems hypocritical to me,"
          No never a hypocrite in this case. I have always been upfront with my reasoning for voting for Trump. I voted on his agenda. If I felt Biden had an agenda I liked, I would vote for him.

The purpose of the thread was to show that some liberals are being hypocritical supporting someone that has many of the worst characteristics they have been shouting about from high soapboxes for years.  Very willing to dance around the very same characteristic, due to their candidate is flush with them. 

You have miss understood my post...
          PP --- "Any Trump voter suddenly caring about a president or candidate  lying is laughable, given the number of whoppers emerging from Trump's lips pretty much every day"

I don't care if Joe lies, you see I never stood atop a soapbox and called anyone a liar. I have no need to compare or defend either man.

1. profile image0

What you and others who voted for Trump will never acknowledge is that the very act of voting for Trump, knowing all that you knew about him, was the same as excusing his behavior. Saying you only care about agenda is the same as saying you don't care that he admitted to assaulting women, and the myriad of other despicable things he has done and said.

Yes, the same applies to any voter who votes for any candidate.  My vote for Hillary was a tacit forgiveness of her known past transgressions with an email server.

You all set the new standard by installing that disgusting POS. Own it,

Your latest response, on the whole, is illogical and glosses over the actual points I made, and your last statement contradicts everything you are doing. Be honest and stop pretending you are not comparing the two. You are talking about Biden for no other reason than he is running against Trump. You can pretend all you want but it is crystal clear what you are doing.

So, If I voted for Hillary a woman I find much more detestable then Trump that would have made my individual choice better in your eyes? Because I can truly say I found her detestable, and she offered little in the way of an agenda. So, it seems I would have been doing just what you accuse me of. Voting for a person I knew had plenty of horrific character flaws and excusing her behavior.  I am not about to list my dislikes in regards to Hillary. But I found her a vile human being.

PP --"My vote for Hillary was in tacit forgiveness of her known past transgressions with an email server." Yeah ... I guess I will borrow from your thought processes. I forgave Trump for all too.  Hillary has a trail of pure evil that follows her, not just the misuse of a server.

Yes, we set the standard for a "POS", the Dems followed suit with their own POS. Now it's those on the lefts time to step up and as you say own it.

Yes, this thread is about Biden, one need not compare, he has the spotlight. Like I said all the old Trump BS has been beaten to death. Let me repeat my only propose is to point out blatant hypocrisy. And it seems I have. The thread as always turns to bash Trump, ignoring all the negatives I have listed in regards to Biden. And certainly, I started this thread due to the fact ---

PP --- "for no other reason than he is running against Trump.  You can pretend all you want but it is crystal clear what you are doing". No pretense at all.

Here is my original question  --- Why do those that can't support Biden think those that do support him are stupid or better put illogical?  I will not provide a long list. I will leave that up to you. This question is to point out there are two sides to this presidential election, and the mere fact that there are valid negative opinions in regards to Biden's character, and history.

No mention of Trump, just asking anyone that wanted to answer, Why do those that can't support Biden think those that do support him are stupid or better put illogical?   No mention or request for anyone to compare  Trump and Biden. It was a few others that hoped to change up the subject. I am sticking to it.  Yes, I gave many examples of why I think it would be illogical to vote for Biden. So yes on face value I would think it illogical for anyone that has admittedly made it clear they dislike Trump, to vote for another that mirrors many of the characteristics they disliked in Trump. Very illogical, I would say hypocritical.

2. wilderness profile image94

"That might be a worthwhile discussion, but for some reason I cannot fathom, Trump fans love to diss on Biden's character."

Perhaps 4 years of multiple daily examples have taught even stupid, laughable and pathetic Trump fans how to do it?

1. profile image0

Let the record show I did not call Trump fans "stupid, laughable and pathetic"; you did that.

Yes, four years of multiple, daily examples of Trump's despicable character, and us calling it out while Trump fans minimize and defend it, still doesn't prevent them from laughably pretending they suddenly care about character.

They've had great teachers, right?  I mean, after all, Hillary was touted as a wonderful candidate for the presidency.

1. profile image0

roll

Not caring or judging character, just pointing it out.

7. Sharlee01 profile image79

It's becoming more apparent that Joe Biden is having problems with mentation.  Much of the time he seems to have the inability to complete a coherent thought.  it's very clear that at this point, Joe Biden is experiencing signs of ongoing dementia. And it well appears the Democratic party could care less. On the campaign trail, Biden often appearance to go off subject, makes up stories, and frequently shows bouts of unexplainable anger. Yet the Democratic Party is hell-bent on gaslighting Dem's to vote for him in 2020.

You tell me...
    During the 10th and final early-voting state Democratic primary debate, held in South Carolina on Feb. 25, 2020, Joe Biden stated --“150 million people have been KILLED since 2007″ by guns!   The US has a population of  327 million. So, Joe felt almost half have been killed by guns?

Biden while campaigning at an event in Las Vegas, Nevada Joe Biden, claims he was arrested” in South Africa visiting Nelson Mandela. Fact Checkers found this statement completely untrue.

Biden Confuses Wife And Sister On Stage
    While celebrating his Super Tuesday victories on stage in California, Biden mixed up his wife and sister on stage. --  “By the way, this is my little sister Valerie!” Biden said as he grabbed his wife’s right hand. “And I’m Jill’s husband,” he added when reaching for his sister’s.

Biden Forgets The Declaration Of Independence
    During a March 2 campaign stop in Texas, Biden appeared to forget the Declaration of
    Independence. -- “We hold these truths to be self-evident,” Biden began. “All men and women created by- go- you know- you know the thing.”

Biden Gets Excited For ‘Super Thursday’
    In the same speech, Biden tried to get supporters excited for “Super Thursday” before correcting himself to “Tuesday.”

Biden Says He’s Running For The Senate
    At the South Carolina Democratic Party’s First in the South Dinner on Feb. 24, Biden forgot which office he was running for. --  “My name is Joe Biden. I’m a Democratic candidate for the United States Senate,” Biden said, who is actually running for president. Prior to being sworn in as vice president in 2009, Biden served as a senator from Delaware for more than 30 years.

Biden Says Bolivia Is Bordering Venezuela. It’s Not.
    In a December meeting with the Des Moines Register, Biden stressed that millions of Venezuelans were fleeing for neighboring Bolivia. Bolivia, however, is on the opposite side of the continent located south of Brazil, far from Venezuela in the north.

Biden Claims to Have Gone to an HBCU. He Didn’t.
    At an Oct. 26 South Carolina town hall, Biden claimed to have started out at Delaware State University, a historically black college in his home state as opposed to the University of Delaware where he actually went to school.  “I got started out at an HBCU, Delaware State. Now I don’t want to hear anything negative about Delaware State here. They’re my folks,” Biden said during a South Carolina town hall.

"Make Sure You Have the Record Player On at Night"
    Responding to a question about his opposition to reparations for slavery during the third Democratic primary debate in September, Biden pivoted to discussing gaps in education and encouraged teachers and parents to “have the record player on at night.”

“They don’t — they don’t know quite what to do,” Biden said, referring to parents not knowing how to raise their children and then offered some advice. “Play the radio, make sure the television — excuse me, make sure you have the record player on at night. …
    Make sure that kids hear words.”

Biden Makes Up War Story
    On Aug. 29, the Washington Post exposed Biden for fabricating a war story told repeatedly over the course of his tenure as vice president and on the 2020 campaign trail. On the stump, Biden often recounts a trip he made to Afghanistan while serving as vice president, frequently shifting the details of the trip, which the Post reported was demonstrably false. According to the Post, Biden visited the Middle Eastern country in 2008 when he was a senator, not vice president, and got nearly every other major detail of the trip wrong several times.

Biden Confuses New Hampshire for Vermont
    While speaking to reporters in Keene, New Hampshire on Aug. 24, Biden praised the beauty of Vermont when asked about his impression of the New Hampshire town.
    “I love this place. Look, what’s not to like about Vermont in terms of the beauty of it? And what a neat town,” Biden said. This is like a scenic, beautiful town. The mayor’s been a good guy. Everybody has been really friendly. I like Keene a lot.”

Biden Says He Was Vice President During Parkland Massacre
    On Aug. 10, Biden claimed he was still vice president during the shootings at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, which happened on Feb. 14, 2018. Biden, however, had been out of the office for more than a year at that point.
    “Those kids in Parkland came up to see me when I was vice president,” Biden told reporters in Iowa, according to Bloomberg News.

"There Are at Least Three’ Genders"
    A Turning Point USA field staffer confronted Biden in Iowa on Aug. 9, asking him, “How many genders are there?”  “There are at least three,” Biden said, trying to appease the liberal wing of the Democratic Party that has been pushing society to abandon two-gender biology. The staffer pressed Biden on the question. “What are they?” she inquired.
    “Don’t play games with me, kid,” Biden said before grabbing the young staffer’s arm to explain his previous support for gay marriage. “By the way, the first one to come out for marriage was me.”

"Poor Kids Are Just as Bright as White Kids"
    The former vice president said he misspoke when he told the Asian and Latino Coalition in Des Moines, Iowa, on Aug. 8 that “poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

"Joe 30330"
    During CNN’s prime time presidential debate on July 31, Biden directed voters to “go to Joe 30330,” in what sounded like an attempt to plug his own campaign website during his closing statement, leaving viewers confused.

Biden Tells Paraplegic State Senator To Stand Up
    At a fall 2008 campaign rally in Missouri, Biden told state Sen. Chuck Graham to stand up for the entire audience. Graham, however, is paralyzed from a car accident and sits in a wheelchair.   “I’m told Chuck Graham, state senator, is here. Stand up, Chuck, let ’em see you,” Biden said before realizing Graham was confined to a chair. “Oh, God love you. What am I talking about? I’ll tell you what, you’re making everybody else stand up, though, pal.”

8. Sharlee01 profile image79

Joe Certainly Has A Long History Of Making Racist Statements
    Former U.S. Vice President Joe Biden once said he didn't want his kids to grow up in a "racial jungle" in regard to desegregation.

In the 1970s, then-Sen. Joe Biden was a vocally opposing busing as a means for desegregating public schools. And that record haunts him to today. In early March 2020, Snopes verify a quote in 1977 in which Biden, then a U.S. senator representing Delaware, allegedly expressed fear that desegregation, if not done in an “orderly” way, could result in his children growing up in “a racial jungle with tensions having built so high that it is going to explode at some point.”

The quote was discovered and uncovered by Daria Roithmayr, a law professor at the University of Southern California in July 2019. Biden emerged from Super On Tuesday on March 3, 2020, Biden was a potential front-runner for the nomination, and the quote containing the racial slur began to circulated anew.

In 2007, Biden attempted to offer Barack Obama a compliment as a contender for the presidency, he stated, “I mean, you got the first mainstream African American who is articulate and bright and CLEAN and a nice-looking guy, I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”

During Biden’s first White House bid in the 1980s, he loudly bragged about receiving an award from Wallace while campaigning in the South.

Aug 9, 2019 - Biden stated that “poor kids” can do just as well in school “as white kids.” https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/09/us/p … -kids.html

June 19, 2019 - He weirdly defended his past alliance with the racist Jim Crow Senator James O. Eastland by saying that Eastland reminiscing “never called me ‘boy.’” https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/19/us/p … nists.html

The second round of the first primary debate on June 27 included a revealing discussion of race between Kamala Harris and Biden. Harris took Biden to the mat over his recent comments about segregationist senators as well as his opposition to using federally mandated busing to racially integrate schools in the 1970s. She pointed directly to how busing affected her childhood.

“You also worked with [those segregationist senators] to oppose busing,” Harris said, speaking directly to Biden. “And there was a little girl in California who was part of the second class to integrate her public schools and she was bused to school every day. And that little girl was me.”

Joe Biden certainly leaves a long history of racially laced statements.https://time.com/5616709/joe-biden-busing-democratic-debate/

9. Valeant profile image86
    Valeantposted 3 years ago

And throughout my comments, I have been drawing distinctions between Trump and Biden.

Biden has so many connections that he will surround himself with experienced administrators.  Trump has surrounded himself with people that are lobbyists, tasked with tearing apart the departments they were tasked to run.

Biden has success running a government response to a global pandemic (Ebola).  Only a handful of cases ever reached our country, and they were managed well because Obama-Biden were proactive, had consistent messaging, and allowed the experts to do their jobs.

Biden was part of an eight-year economic growth period in this country.  The unemployment rate went from 10% to 4.7%.  For Trump, it has gone from 4.7% to 14.7%.  The yearly deficits under Trump will be the greatest for any president in history - this while inheriting a strong economy.  Obama-Biden weren't much better, but much of that was accumulated cleaning up after Bush, but they were still better.

Biden will protect the environment.  Time and again, Trump has cut environmental regulations.  Like his ignoring the science relating to Covid-19, he is ignoring the science on climate change.  Biden will believe in science.

Trump sides with Putin over his intelligence services.  Biden will actually read his intelligence briefings and take actions based upon them.  And Biden has years of international experience and will reform our relationships with our allies.

Biden will allow oversight of his presidency.  Just last week, Trump violated the Emoluments Clause of the Constitution when he tweeted out support of his golf club in LA.  I want a president that will faithfully execute the laws of the country.  Not someone who will blackmail a foreign country to swing an election and get impeached for it.  During Obama-Biden's eight years, how many times were they impeached?  How many people in their administration went to jail?

During Obama-Biden, they deported the most illegal immigrants in history while adding resources to border control efforts.  They also target criminals for deportation.  They were tough, but humane, in their approach to immigration.  Under their watch, zero children died in US custody.  As of April 2019, there were seven deaths of children under this administration's watch. 

That previous paragraph points directly to humanity and competency.  These are qualities I will be voting for in 2020.  A belief in science, a belief in the intelligence agencies and not in the word of murderous dictators like Putin or MBS.  A belief in the First Amendment, and even the Second (with some common sense restrictions).

What are the qualities you can defend with Trump?  I'd like to see them.

For sure, that's what we need.  More administrators and politicians. sad

This thread is about Biden,  to remind you the question---

Why do those that can't support Biden think those that do support him are stupid or better put illogical?  I actually borrowed this question from one of your threads. But changed up a couple of words. the name Trump for Biden, and I just really disliked your uses of the word stupid, and added what I preferred illogical. Then I decided to leave in the word stupid due to it actually more to the point.

It is very apparent you support Biden. Sort of leaves you out of answering the question. I had hoped this would not become another silly Trump bashing thread.

When you cannot spell the word amusing in the title of a thread, you sort of make my case for me.  Just saying.

Yes, I misspelled a word, and do frequently. But I can stay on the subject. I don't spin in a circle with my fingers in my ears. How about staying on subject. I mean come on spelling... you are really digging are you not? LOL How about discussing Biden?

This thread was a rebuttal to the question 'Why do some liberals think Trump supporters are stupid?'  And you proceed to fail to spell a simple word like amusing wrong in answering that question.  Seems you make the case for me.

I've been discussing Biden.  I explained in depth why I feel he is more qualified to be president than Trump.  Last I checked, the upcoming election is going to be a comparison of TWO people.  Why are you so afraid to compare the two against each other?  Because it's clear you can only attack the opposition and not list your own candidates strengths.  Your hate is pathetic.

3. Credence2 profile image79

Your comment that focuses on the differing style of Trump vs. Biden, and  that is why regardless of improprieties found in the decorum of both candidates, Biden wins the competence race hands down and is the preferred choice when there isn't many great choices from which to choose.

Wondered when you would arrive... So, all of Valeant's examples could be so beaten in the ground, and actually has been time and time again. BORING... So, Cred, what do you think of Bidens' agenda?  It is out there, maybe time to have a look-see. I am still laughing after reading it. Its a combo of BS and undoable promises. I would like your take.

All my examples could be 'beaten into the ground?'  Go for it.  Make the case Trump is better for the environment than Biden.  Make the case that Trump has gotten better results with Covid-19 than Biden did with Ebola?  Make those two cases, I'll be impressed.

Just not playing that game any longer. Like I said not willing to continue discussing such repetitive subjects. Moving on to new subject, and that's Biden. hey, we are in the midst of an election.  I am taking a good long look at Biden.

You're just clearly obsessed with Biden's faults while being able to ignore all of Trumps.  That's straight out of Trump's playbook - try and make your opponent look worse than you.  That's why I use the word cult.

For the rest of us, we're comparing the two to decide who will be the best leader of our country going forward.

Not ignoring, just really tired of same old same old...We have a new gu in town.

2. Credence2 profile image79

Well, Sharlee, you know that I have a strong lean toward the left in most aspects of my view of this society.

Biden's positions are that of center left. I would need to write a dissertation to properly explain my opinion on all of the planks in his platform.

I will say this, that for me there are far more areas that he is to my Right than those areas that one might consider as impractical or the equivalent of pandering.

I may be able to live with Biden as addressing some concerns of the left even though not to my satisfaction, than vote for Trump who addresses none of these and directs toward a course opposite of anything that I can support.

OMG ----  do I appreciate your response. I actually agree with you in regard to Biden being a bit to the right. But I find many of his idea's unattainable flowery promises. Promises that have been made by presidential candidates for far to many years I won't add an example, but if you have time check out the link I have added. It is a very well put together site that has organized
            Biden's agenda. He has a mixed bag of ideas, most borrowed from Obama, and yes, Trump... Odd I realize, But well, have a look. At any rate, I do realize you lean left, and I respect your views.

https://joebiden.com/joes-vision/

1. Credence2 profile image79

Thanks,

I went to Biden's web site and perused his agenda and platform.

It was pretty much what I expected

I thought you might find, well let's say plentiful.  I give him an A+ for covering everything on earth anyone might be concerned about. This will be a very interesting election.

10. Valeant profile image86

https://hubstatic.com/15010939.jpg

Trump played golf on Jan. 18 and 19, Feb. 1 and 15, and March 7 and 8, according to the Trump Golf Count website.

He hosted rallies on Jan. 9 (Toledo, Ohio); 14 (Milwaukee), 28 (Wildwood, N.J.) and 30 (Des Moines, Iowa), as well as Feb. 10 (Manchester, N.H.), 19 (Phoenix), 20 (Colorado Springs), 21 (Las Vegas) and 28 (Charleston, S.C.).

TDS at it's worst. LOL, Hopefully, others won't feed into your illness.

Showing how Trump didn't take the virus seriously by still having mass public meetings deep into February?  That's TDS to you?

Now, if you want to go around accusing people of a fabricated mental illness, we're on a pathway to getting banned.  Your cultism is on full display if you think those actions show Trump handling the outbreak of Covid-19 well.

You see this is where we strongly disagree. I think Trump did a great job handling the crisis. He pulled together a great team, organized, and pushed to get things done in Trump's speed. I shudder to think if Obama or Clinton would have had to handle such a crisis.

In regards to my opinion on Joe Biden's mentation, it's just that an opinion. But I gave several examples of how I reached that opinion. I have no intention of fabrication anything. Like I said I gave examples most can be followed up with live video, as well as articles where Joe Biden is quoted.

"Cultism" my gosh now if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black.

You shudder how Obama would have handled it?  He stopped Ebola from reaching our shores and affecting our country.  He assembled a pandemic response team that Trump allowed to be disbanded.  He took intelligence reports pertaining to Ebola seriously and sent doctors to countries to fight it there before it had a chance to get here.  He caught the virus when it entered the country before it had a chance to spread.  He worked with scientists assembled a playbook to combat pandemics.  Trump did none of these things.  He golfed and continued to hold rallies and downplayed the threat to the American public.  That's not a great job.

I don't see Biden's name not once in your response to my comment. Not really interested in what Obama did or did not do.  I was discussing Joe's mentation.

Because that response was to you saying you 'shudder to think of what Obama or Clinton would have done during Covid-19.'  You brought them up, so I gave you the example of how a competent administration, of which Biden was the Vice President, handled a pandemic that originated on foreign soil.  They didn't let it impact our country at all and even left a 69-page handbook, one that Trump ignored, on how to handle pandemics.

You brought up the subject.  Hard to control the spinning, maybe slow down a bit.

Sharlee01 profile image85Sharlee01posted 2 hours ago

VALEANT WROTE:

Showing how Trump didn't take the virus seriously by still having mass public meetings deep into February?  That's TDS to you?

Now, if you want to go around accusing people of a fabricated mental illness, we're on a pathway to getting banned.  Your cultism is on full display if you think those actions show Trump handling the outbreak of Covid-19 well.

My response --- You see this is where we strongly disagree. I think Trump did a great job handling the crisis. He pulled together a great team, organized, and pushed to get things done in Trump's speed. I shudder to think if Obama or Clinton would have had to handle such a crisis.

In regards to my opinion on Joe Biden's mentation, it's just that an opinion. But I gave several examples of how I reached that opinion. I have no intention of fabrication anything. Like I said I gave examples most can be followed up with live video, as well as articles where Joe Biden is quoted

AS you can see I was responding to your COVID remark. I was honest to a fault. I would shudder to think of any of the above handling the COVID crisis. Obama or Hillary and let me add Biden to the mix. And as you see I made an attempt to reorient you to the subject at hand.

Sure, you tried to reorient me, by completely ignoring the historical example of success of those you rail against.  Why is that I wonder, that time and time again, you can remove from consideration the achievements of the opposite party in the successful administration of this country? 

You've often done that in regards to the economy - making claims that Trump, alone, was responsible for the economy in his first three years, while brushing off that his choices have now led to 14.7% of the country is unemployed.

11. Sharlee01 profile image79

The video, which quickly racked up millions of views, showing Biden in a very confused state,  saying that kids would approach him while he was working as a lifeguard at the public pool and straighten out his curly leg hair. The clip also shows the presidential candidate making a supposed gaffe by saying “I love kids jumping on my lap.”

Does this indicate a problem or maybe a couple of problems. Is he certainly has become well known over these past few years for saying very inappropriate strange things, at the most inappropriate time. None so strange as Biden's out of the blue story about
    "Corn Pop," and the classic recalling how Kids would smooth out the hair on his legs. He also makes mention of roaches, that had nothing to do with his hairy leg story. Just adds the word roaches to a sentence where it had absolutely no context.

Perhaps, this is just a symptom of his problem with mentation or could it be a deeper more sinister problem that led him to "Focused Repetitive Behavioursair"
    such as sniffing of hair? "I learned about roaches and kids jumping on my lap"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oihV9yrZRHg&t=452s

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news … s-leg-hair

In my opinion, Biden is showing signs of dementia. It would seem illogical to me that this man should be our next president or that anyone with a logical thought process would vote for such a man. Would I call one stupid for voting for Biden due to his very apparent dementia? No, but I would call them illogical.

12. Sharlee01 profile image79

Looks like uncle Joe has found himself knee-deep in Obamagate. Wonder why he put a request in to unmask Fylnn. Maybe just wanted to join in with the other 30 some that unmasked an American citizen. I must say the Obama administration sure had its share dishonest people. Obamagate has a catchy ring to it.

Yeah, like Pizzagate or the Birther Movement.  Just another right-wing conspiracy theory that you've decided to embrace publicly.

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/14/85582002 … king-story

Well, it's not a mass of smoke clouds this time around. It's unredacted documents with names, and when requesting a person be unmasked one must supply a reason for the unmasking. This will clearly give some information on why the  30 some officials ask that Flynn be unmasked. No, this is not a crazy internet article or Trump asking for Obama's birth certificate. The 30 some officials that requested these documents have provided a treasure trove of official governmental documents. And we have the right AG to make sure justice is done if need be.

What is really surprising, the Dem's to date claimed they found the need   to unmasking Flynn was to see what was discussed in the
        Russian ambassador to the United States, Sergey Kislyak, The unredacted documents showed the majority of the unmasking requests were way before the call took place. Seems like this bunch was looking for--- Just about anything. LOL Not willing to predict any form of outcome. But in my opinion, this is just another flubbed up grift by the Dems. They just can't play by the rules, never could. But Obamagate could not have come at a better time. Oh. almost forgot... Biden on several occasions claimed he knew nothing about the unmasking of Flynn, and yesterday walked it back a bit. But, it turns out he himself actually signed his own request to unmask Flynn. Can't wait to see Why.  It does seem as if Joe's list of lies is growing very long.

Hey, at any rate, it has a catchy name to add to our history books.

2. profile image0

Trump needs a fake scandal to feed his hungry base. They started their indignant FB posts about Obamagate before they even knew what it was.

Trump knows his base and how to manipulate their outrage meters and trigger their oversized amygdalas.

You mean like the fake scandals of Trump colluding with Putin?  Or doing something to warrant a faux impeachment that was then "thrown out of court" so to speak when it got to the judges? 

A scandal like those?

1. profile image0

No, those were real. Why hasn't Trump hired you yet? You could teach Kellyanne a thing or two about alternative facts. :-)

Dan lives in an alternate reality created for him by Trump and can ignore whatever facts comes out that prove that reality false.  It's sad and pathetic.

Yep - the FACT is that no collusion was found and that the impeachment had no basis.  That are the FACTS whether you believe them, accept them, or discard them as irrelevant.  FACT.  REALITY, not the make believe world you live in and draw from for your baseless accusations.

I just showed you a clear example of collusion.  I'm done responding to you, you're incapable of admitting when you're clearly wrong.

2. wilderness profile image94

Well, certainly the search for collusion was real, and so was the impeachment. 

Of course, what was claimed turned out to be nonsense in both cases, now didn't it?

1. profile image0

In your mind, no doubt.

3. wilderness profile image94

Just another conspiracy theory? You mean like Trump's collusion with Putin to fix the election?  Or whatever it is he was supposed to have done to warrant impeachment? 

A conspiracy like those?

A conspiracy with lots of Government documents. Not smoke, a trail of documents, and many lies told to several Congressional committees made by Obama officials. Have you ever have seen such a scandal? No really?

I hope Barr appoints a special concil.

2. Valeant profile image86

Remind me again why Manafort shared the internal campaign polling data with the Kremlin...In your brainwashed eyes, that was not colluding, but to many, that was a clear example.  Conspiracy could not be proven, but don't come on here and lie that there wasn't any colluding.  It's embarrassing.

I'll remind you again that absolutely nothing was found connecting Trump to Putin or indicating a conspiracy to throw the election.

I'll also remind you that when the impeachment had to stand on it's own merits before 100 judges it failed miserably and was summarily dismissed.

Anything else you need reminding of?

Now you're changing to conspiracy.  Well, that was true, Mueller decided he could not get there.  But don't come on here and claim no collusion when there was a clear example of the Trump Campaign sharing data with the Kremlin.  That makes you a liar.

Yes, impeachment failed.  The Senate had a majority of GOP.  Let me remind you, that does not absolve Trump of being an impeached president.

2. profile image0

Do you really believe that spin?

Kellyanne! Kellyanne!

Can you show different?  Can you show anything submitted to a court of law proving Trump colluded with Putin?  Can you show where the Senate found Trump guilty and cashiered him?

No?  Then you have zero business complaining about spin.

1. profile image0

Yeah, and those senators were judges in an impartial trial in a court of law.

Hilarious!

Who is spinning now?  The one giving a simple, accurate report of a verdict without inserting personal opinion or the one declaring that verdict invalid because they were not impartial in your opinion?

It's called "spin", PP, and it doesn't matter whether it comes from the far right or from you.  It's still spin.

13. Valeant profile image86

The difference between the two administrations in the handling of an infectious virus...

I think it’s important that we understand the truth, especially come November when it’s time to vote. Forgive the length, but hey, we all have time on our hands to read, correct?

In December 2013, an 18-month-old boy in Guinea was bitten by a bat and died a brutal death a day later. After that, there were five more fatal cases. When Ebola spread out of the Guinea borders into neighboring Liberia and Sierra Leone in July 2014, President Obama activated the Emergency Operations Center at the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta. The CDC immediately deployed CDC personnel to West Africa to coordinate a response that included vector tracing, testing, education, logistics, and communication.
    Altogether, the CDC, under President Obama, trained 24,655 medical workers in West Africa, educating them on how to prevent and control the disease before a single case left Africa or reached the U.S.

Working with the U.N. and the World Health Organization President Obama ordered the re-routing of travelers heading to the U.S. through certain specific airports equipped to handle mass testing.

Back home in America, more than 6,500 people were trained through mock outbreaks and practice scenarios. That was done before a single case hit America.

Three months after President Obama activated this unprecedented response, on September 30, 2014, we detected our first case in the U.S. A man had traveled from West Africa to Dallas and somehow slipped through the testing protocol. He was immediately detected and isolated. He died a week later. Two nurses who tended to him contracted Ebola but later recovered. All the protocols had worked. It was contained.

The Ebola epidemic could have easily become a pandemic, but thanks to the actions of our government under President Obama, it never did. Those THREE EBOLA CONFIRMED CASES were the ONLY cases of Ebola in the U.S.A. because Obama did what needed to be done THREE MONTHS PRIOR TO THE FIRST CASE.

Ebola is even more contagious than COVID-19. Had Obama not acted swiftly, millions of Americans would have died horrible, painful, deaths like something out of a horror movie (if you’ve never seen how Ebola kills, it’s horrific).

It is ironic because since President Obama acted decisively we forget about his actions since the disease never reached our shores.

Now the story of COVID-19 and Trump’s response that we know about thus far:

Before anyone even knew about the disease (even in China) Trump disbanded the pandemic response team that Obama had put in place. He cut funding to the CDC, and he cut our contribution to the World Health Organization (WHO).

Trump fired Rear Admiral Timothy Ziemer, the person on the National Security Council in charge of stopping the spread of infectious diseases before they reach our country - a position created by the Obama administration.

When the outbreak started in China, Trump assumed it was China’s problem and sent no research, supplies or help of any kind. We were in a trade war, why should he help them?
    In January he received a briefing from our intelligence organizations that the outbreak was much worse than China was admitting and that it would definitely hit our country if something wasn’t done to prevent it. He ignored the report, not trusting our own intelligence.

When the disease spread to Europe, the World Health Organization offered a plethora of tests to the United States. Trump turned them down, saying private companies here would make the tests “better” if we needed them. However, he never ordered U.S. companies to make tests and they had no profit motive to do so on their own.  And he did not think to screen for individuals carrying the disease from Europe until Mid-March, after close to 140,000 people had come to New York from just Italy, where the outbreak was clearly an issue..

According to scientists at Yale and several public university medical schools, when they asked for permission to start working on our own testing protocol and potential treatments or vaccines, they were denied by Trump’s FDA.

When Trump knew about the first case in the United States he did nothing. It was just one case and the patient was isolated. When doctors and scientists started screaming in the media that this was a mistake, Trump claimed it was a “liberal hoax” conjured up to try to make him “look bad after impeachment failed.”

The next time Trump spoke of COVID-19, we had SIXTY-FOUR CONFIRMED CASES but Trump went before microphones and told the American public that we only had FIFTEEN cases “and pretty soon that number will be close to zero.” All while the disease was spreading, he took no action to get more tests.

What Trump did was to halt non-citizens from China from coming here. This was too late and accomplished nothing according to scientists and doctors. By then the disease was worldwide and was already spreading exponentially in the U.S. by Americans, not Chinese people as Trump would like you to believe.

Some wonder which administration you'd rather have in charge during a pandemic.  I'll take the one that is proactive, listens to the intelligence briefings, and has the ability to work with foreign governments to fight the virus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYQvWui … e=emb_logo

Very informative in regards to how the CDC and actually WHO handling of Ebola. There is a very big difference in controlling a virus thousands of miles away, one that is present in our own country. Follow the timetable of what we knew, when we knew it, what actually the CDC and WHO advised when COVID hit our shores, as well as Fauci...  The experts appear in the beginning to feel this virus would not be a problem. None of the above mentioned even agreed with closing the borders. This is factual. mentioned    There is lots of blame to go around, but the president deserves little of it.

I must also bring up another virus that I  can personally tell you were virulent, killing people of all ages.  I can also tell you Obama did nothing. The CDC did little...  I don't point the finger at Obama, because he also listened to those around him. The CDC and WHO.  If you want to point a finger, just do a little research into what little they did to prevent the spread of either virus.

And in regard to the travel ban. Trump did let many American citizens back into the country, all were quarantined. That is a fact. He had no choice but to protect our citizens that came back into the country.

I can't imagine what you would be saying if he did not permit them to return. You would be bashing him for not letting them in. I live in Mexico winters, we were warned to return and were put into quarantine. So, please understand anyone coming in from foreign shores was quarantined. I have lived through both viruses, and I think, and I can tell you with all truth, Obama did nothing to stop the spread of H1N1. He did well listening to the CDC and WHO to stop ebola from coming to our borders, but when we had a virulent virus come in from Mexico he did nothing.

Yes,  there were some mistakes. And let's there is enough blame to go around in regards to why the virus was not jumped on earlier.  However, I do honestly feel the president has done a good job handling such a gigantic problem. It's clear this could have been so much worse if he had early on listen to the CDC, WHO, and for that matter Dr. Fauci in regards to the travel ban.  Perhaps he should have been aware of the depleted National Stockpile he inherited.  Ultimately he should have not trusted those whose jobs it was to keep those stockpiles. He had to play catch up, and do some very serious problem solving to help out states,  as well as shore up the problems the failing economy was posing. I am very grateful for all his hard work.

'I must also bring up another virus that I  can personally tell you were virulent, killing people of all ages.  I can also tell you Obama did nothing. The CDC did little... '

This tells me you have done very little research on H1N1.  After the fact, it was ascertained that it originated in Mexico, but the first cases showed up in California in early April.  Much different than a virus that originated overseas and that is why I compare Ebola to Covid-19.

And your claim that Obama did nothing is a flat-out-lie.
        https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/flawe … timelines/

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)