Do you believe in God, and why?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (20 posts)
  1. alambientertainment profile image61
    alambientertainmentposted 3 years ago

"Do you believe in God, and why?"

Me: Yes, because he is good, and I believe that everything the Bible says is true. Believing in Him and His only begotten son, Jesus Christ, makes a lot of sense.

You:?

1. manatita44 profile image72
      manatita44posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Logically, We have made God exist from the dawn of Creation. It is not accidental. There is an inner search for meaning which is in all souls and has been there from the dawn of time.

That which does not exist, can not come into being. That which exist, can never cease to be. For a dead cat, it is only a lump of flesh. What we like is the 'Thing' that gives it life. If you are dead, what good is this existence to you? You exist and so the world exist. This is the same for all.

Books are helpful, but they can only tell of the lives of others. Does God exists? If we mystics start talking to you ... if you did not understand, we'll confuse you.

There's no such thing as an atheists as every one loves. What is needed is the mystical embodiment of this 'sweetness' in the spiritual Heart. Get a glimpse of it and you will remember it all your life. God is very real but has to be an individual experience. You are a mystical being. You are the soul, not the body. Peace.

2. Miebakagh57 profile image68
      Miebakagh57posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yes, yes.  I believe in God. Where could I be without Him?

2. Live to Learn profile image60
    Live to Learnposted 3 years ago

I believe in God and out of the three major monotheistic religions Christianity is the only one that, to me, fully displays the loving nature of God.

I don't know that I'd say I think everything in the Bible is true. Yes, by my understanding, but certainly not by others.

3. PeggyannZ profile image59
    PeggyannZposted 3 years ago

I believe for a different reason that how I was brought up to believe. God literally proved Himself to me. Ok I got born again at age 8, but back then nobody told me much about God or Jesus other than I was now going to heaven. They failed to teach me because they did not know the things that I have since learned. From age 8 to age 40 something, I  lived just like the world lives, I cussed, partied, acted like a fool, had a child out of wed lock, tried to get my life straight, but struggled with marriage and divorce. But I sought Him about my life, about what to do.  I did not know that I have an enemy who attacked me because i did not know how to fight back. Its a defeated enemy but I did not know that for most of those years. Then Lord started making Himself known to me sometime in 2003. He has shown me how to take authority over the enemy, how to live my life as a daughter of a King.  Since then i have seen a vision of He and I standing together,during Hurricane Isabel. and i was not asleep, lol, it was an actual vision. I learned that I have power, by speaking His words, I got attacked of cancer in Nov. 2018, and got healed within a few weeks time. . I spoke healing scriptures 3xs daily, and still went to get chemo, but I felt like it was not needed. But others around me didnt know what I had learned, they were worried.  Then amazing things happened in the hospital. The tumor shrunk down flat the first night. It shocked the nurses. People would say, Wow the chemo is making you well!  But I was not sure about that. So one night while I was laying there in my room, watching American Pickers marathon, I felt this wonderful love feeling in my core, it was so lovable it made me giggle because I KNEW Who it was! Then He spoke up inside of me saying this, " Your healing is in My Word!"   i was so wowed by this!  A short time later I stopped the chemo, insisted on a pet scan and there it was , NO CANCER. There is SO much more to this story.  Having a  Jesus connection is a daily thing, He speaks me constantly, usually in a tiny voice that feels like a thought but Ive come to recognize that it is Him. I should write more on my profile about my experiences with Him. So to answer the question why do I  believe in God? Because He has been SO faithful to me and has proven Himself to me over and over again.  Ive seen Him, Ive heard Him, He answers my prayers, etc.  He is amazing! Everyone should get born again just to get to know Him.

alambientertainmentposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for sharing PeggyannZ. I'm touched by your story.

2. Miebakagh57 profile image68

To those who believe in God, he exists and helps them.

alambientertainmentposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yes, true

1. wilderness profile image96
          wildernessposted 3 years agoin reply to this

This is why so many non-believers simply do not find discourse with believers to be of much value.

That statement, "To those who believe in God, he exists and helps them." is exactly what we tell our small children about Santa Claus...and as truth and reality carries the same value.

1. Miebakagh57 profile image68

Wilderness, you're welcome. I was thinking of men and women like. Peggy Annz, who come in simple child-like trust.                 But thank goodness. You hit the nail righ on the head. If that simple statement works for small boys and girls before Santa, how really will it work for seekers God? It does!

4. profile image51
    Caroniposted 3 years ago

I love you

5. profile image51
    Caroniposted 3 years ago

I love you too baby

6. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
    Kathryn L Hillposted 3 years ago

I believe that if one believes in God, one takes on a huge responsibility. Taking on this responsibility often leads to suffering though standing up for what one believes.

Are you willing to stand up for your love?

For instance if you love God, do you stand up for no sex before marriage?
    For NOT allowing any unborn child to be terminated?
    Do you stand up for NOT allowing the freezing of embryos?
    Are you willing make your beliefs regarding these and other unpopular issues known to others, (who are willing to listen?)

Or just keep quiet.

Kathryn, I agreed. Melcome to the discussion. I and you talk over this a year ago.              But I'm really wondering why you mention sex which you didn't like?

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
        Kathryn L Hillposted 3 years agoin reply to this

You are very funny.

Funny? Ye ye ye, he hi eh! That aside, do you really believe in sex? It seems to me that the God I and you believe could not "be"/manifest as a human being without this your so called tantric yoga or the sex act?

Sex is for the purpose of procreation.  Of course, people like feeling close to their chosen one, so they have sex to express their love, as well.

However, when a person tricks another into sex by pretending to love them, it is a very sad thing. When a person tricks another by acting and putting on a show of wonderfulness, (when they are anything but,) for the purpose of having sex, it is a very sad thing.

I hate sex when it is used for the purpose of tricking another for the sake of one's own ego gratification. Not everyone has the capacity to love another. But that's what sex is for ... or it's a very sad thing.

Also, I doin't understand how people can have one-night stands. It is against human nature. Humans have the higher capacity to truly and deeply love. That is the type of love that should bring a child into the world.

Is this you Kathryn? You're a wondeful person.                           Blessings of heaven above and the earth beneath!

Thanks!

Enjoy the approaching.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)