Payment not received? Has something changed?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (31 posts)
  1. Susan Hambidge profile image95
    Susan Hambidgeposted 3 years ago

Hi,

I usually receive payment on the 28th but I haven't for December. Has something changed? I have earned over $50, I can see the balance in my earnings.

Thank you,

Sue

1. Rock_nj profile image89
      Rock_njposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I usually get the payment notification on the 28th, but nothing this Dec 28th. I am definitely over the $50 threshold.

2. Kierstin Gunsberg profile image94
      Kierstin Gunsbergposted 3 years agoin reply to this

It’s possible there’s a delay because of the holidays. I trust we will get paid before the week is over and if we don’t I trust that HP will say something to us, though they should have already. Historically, when it takes them a minute to respond it’s because they don’t know what’s going on either.

3. Matt Wells profile imageSTAFF
      Matt Wellsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

We are aware the payments are late and apologize for the inconvenience. We are working on pushing the payments through soon.

1. Susan Hambidge profile image95
        Susan Hambidgeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for replying Matt. As long as someone is working on it, that's great to know.

2. Rock_nj profile image89

Please update and clarify the statement on your FAQ/Royalties page. Item #1 appears to say payment will be made on the 5th of a month.

Once you meet the minimum unpaid earnings balance ($50) in the Earnings Program, you will get paid by us via PayPal around the 5th of the following month.

1. Shesabutterfly profile image94
          Shesabutterflyposted 3 years agoin reply to this

He posted on the other thread it was a typo and he already fixed it.

3. Everyday Miracles profile image85
        Everyday Miraclesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

"Soon" is a meaningless word. Does that mean some time in the next four hours? In the next 24 hours? This week? Next quarter? The only definition of "soon" is in the mind of the person who says it. This leaves us no information. All of us were counting on this pay. When is it coming?

I just received the payment notification. Check your email.

4. OldRoses profile image96
        OldRosesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for letting us know!  We've been spoiled by the regular payments every month.

5. mtkomori profile image89
        mtkomoriposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Hello, I`ve reached the threshold quite a while ago; I posted that I haven`t received my payment back in July 2020, and I still haven`t! I have associated my paypal account. Do I just wait until the 28th of this month?

1. theraggededge profile image97
          theraggededgeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Contact team@hubpages.com smile

4. Matt Wells profile imageSTAFF

Payments are now processing. Sorry for the delay!

1. sallybea profile image93
        sallybeaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you very much Matt.  Happy New Year.

5. robhampton profile image92
      robhamptonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Personally, I've been investing my hp earnings into cryptocurrency. So far it has been a good decision.

6. Sharlee01 profile image79
      Sharlee01posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I received payment today

2. JR Cuevas profile image94
    JR Cuevasposted 3 years ago

Yeah I am also wondering about the delay of payment. I usually receive my earnings on the 29th of the month (PHILIPPINE TIME). What's happening?

3. Jodah profile image92
    Jodahposted 3 years ago

On another forum: https://hubpages.com/community/forum/350434/payment
    They say it appears the payment date has been changed to 5th of each month from 28th.

Thanks! That helps!

4. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 3 years ago

Woke up this morning really hoping hp staff would have posted an explanation by now. I was relying on my payment to pay my ridiculously high water bill. I'm sure I'm not the only person relying on their pay. While I know I'll eventually get it, that's not even the point. The lack of communication is unprofessional and creates distrust.

HubPages now says around the 5th of the month. I think it may have been in one of their recent newsletters.

See item #1 in the following:  https://hubpages.com/faq/#royalties

1. Shesabutterfly profile image94
        Shesabutterflyposted 3 years agoin reply to this

If you scroll further down the page it still says payments will be dispersed on the 28th.

Someone on the other post mentioned above said the mention of the 5th has been there since at least Aug of 2020 (he has an archived copy).

I never saw anything in the weekly newsletter about changing payment dates. Even if that was the case, that makes December's payment very late and we should have been notified earlier.

My guess is that "the around the 5th" refers to when it posts in our earning history. Our earnings have always been updated (could mean "paid") on the 4th and then dispersed on the 28th.

Item #1 says in the last sentence (paid on the 5th):  Once you meet the minimum unpaid earnings balance ($50) in the Earnings Program, you will get paid by us via PayPal around the 5th of the following month.

There appears to be some confusion with the info provided on that page.

Kind of a bummer we haven't been given more of a heads up. Like many others, my monthly payment is earmarked to pay a bill.

2. Matt Wells profile imageSTAFF

The payment date did not change. There was a typo in the FAQ. You should still be paid around the 28th. I've updated the FAQ: https://hubpages.com/faq/#royalties

5. shancontented profile image86
    shancontentedposted 3 years ago

Agreed. I've been getting paid on the 28th since 2011 except ONE TIME and they posted a notice that month... I am pretty frustrated as Christmas is always a stressful money time. Sheesh. Push the payment already.

6. theraggededge profile image97
    theraggededgeposted 3 years ago

Mine has arrived and is already in my bank account. Yay!

7. viryabo profile image93
    viryaboposted 3 years ago

Payments received for my two accounts.
    Thank you Matt. smile

8. revmjm profile image88
    revmjmposted 3 years ago

I just got paid!

9. Kain 360 profile image91
    Kain 360posted 3 years ago

I got paid today for both my accounts. I wondered why I did not get it yesterday on the 28th. I thought maybe it had something to do with the number of days in this month.

10. Jodah profile image92
    Jodahposted 3 years ago

I have just received payment to day. So obviously it is still paid on the 28th and was just a little late due to the holidays.

11. Nell Rose profile image91
    Nell Roseposted 3 years ago

Yes I have been paid too!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)