Payment

Jump to Last Post 1-34 of 34 discussions (89 posts)
  1. How to - Answers profile image91
    How to - Answersposted 3 years ago

Has anyone got paid yet?

1. Gregory DeVictor profile image96
      Gregory DeVictorposted 3 years agoin reply to this

No.

2. robhampton profile image93
      robhamptonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

No. Still waiting

3. OldRoses profile image96
      OldRosesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Still waiting for payment.

4. Matt Wells profile imageSTAFF
      Matt Wellsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

We are aware the payments are late and apologize for the inconvenience. We are working on pushing the payments through soon.

1. robhampton profile image93

Before the end of the day soon, or before the end of the year soon?

1. Matt Wells profile imageSTAFF

Payments are now processing. Sorry for the delay!

1. janshares profile image90
            jansharesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Matt.

2. robhampton profile image93

Thanks! Personally, i don't think HP is sneaky or dishonest lol. Shit happens, I just didn't want to wait until the 5th.

3. janshares profile image90
            jansharesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Matt, are payments being staggered due to whatever is going on? Still waiting. neutral
            Correction: I did get paid yesterday. For some reason, I did not receive the notification of payment email as per usual. Something told me to check PayPal. smile

2. Jana Louise Smit profile image95
        Jana Louise Smitposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Matt smile

5. OldRoses profile image96

I got paid!  Woohoo!

Paid!

6. dougwest1 profile image96
      dougwest1posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I got paid!

7. profile image0
      Maya Shedd Templeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Got paid one day late on the 29th December 2020.  So is the pay date going to be the 5th or remain the 28th?

1. Eric Caunca profile image94
        Eric Cauncaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

28th. The 5th was just a typo error. Look at the FAQ, they have edited the 5th to 28th.

1. profile image0
          Maya Shedd Templeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Eric!

2. Nell Rose profile image86
    Nell Roseposted 3 years ago

No, me neither.

3. viking305 profile image93
    viking305posted 3 years ago

Thought it was just me, I wonder what the problem is

They're usually pretty consistent paying on the 28th. Happened a couple of times in 10 years that it was delayed. Maybe something to do with end of year. I wish they'd let us know if there's a payment delay.

4. NateB11 profile image86
    NateB11posted 3 years ago

Was just coming here to ask the same question. I haven't gotten mine yet.

5. theraggededge profile image87
    theraggededgeposted 3 years ago

Aw... I always get paid on my birthday!

1. Titia profile image92
      Titiaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Happy Birthday.

Happy Birthday, Bev.

1. theraggededge profile image87
          theraggededgeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Eric and Titia smile

1. chef-de-jour profile image98
            chef-de-jourposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Happy Birthday and brighter days in 2021 acoming!

Is there a Welsh connection?

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2020 … s-memories

1. theraggededge profile image87
              theraggededgeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Oh thank you and I hope so.

Well, I live in Wales, so there must be smile

Nice playlist by Cerys M. Wide ranging. Thanks. And going onto Spotify, I just found another of hers. Really good. 515 songs.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3P2Z4 … pSlYcgHaZA

6. Everyday Miracles profile image83
    Everyday Miraclesposted 3 years ago

It's uncommon for it to be this late. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I have some things I need to be able to pay.

1. NateB11 profile image86
      NateB11posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, here where I am it’s almost 4:30 and I don’t recall it ever being that late; so it’s looking like we’re not getting it today.

2. Jana Louise Smit profile image95
      Jana Louise Smitposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I'm also hoping it will come soon. I kind of budgeted a few things with my earnings. sad I don't recall this ever happening before. We did not get our weekly statistics either.

7. Holly Howard profile image89
    Holly Howardposted 3 years ago

Nope. But it's late once in a while.

8. peeples profile image90
    peeplesposted 3 years ago

No payment. No communication. It would be nice if they think there will be a delay because of a holiday they would either give us a heads up or do like a lot of jobs do and pay before the holiday they're worried about causing the disruption. Especially considering a lot of people are broke after the holidays. It's usually like clockwork, but that doesn't excuse the lack of communication.

9. wordscribe43 profile image89
    wordscribe43posted 3 years ago

No payment and I feel it would be nice if they communicated with us if they are going to be late.

10. Rachelle Williams profile image91
    Rachelle Williamsposted 3 years ago

I have not as yet, this is highly unusual for HP, it's also unusual that they aren't communicating with us...

11. EsmeSanBona profile image82
    EsmeSanBonaposted 3 years ago

The worst is the lack of communication.

1. Gregory DeVictor profile image96
      Gregory DeVictorposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you 100%.

12. Eric Caunca profile image94
    Eric Cauncaposted 3 years ago

I thought every 5th of the month is the payment day at Hubpages. I read it on the FAQ

Oh wow, you're right, they must have changed it! https://hubpages.com/faq/#royalties

1. OldRoses profile image96

It would have been nice if HP had announced the change in payment date.  The pandemic ruined my business so like a lot other people on this thread, the money I earn here is part of my monthly budget.  I was counting on receiving that money on the 28th. 

I hope that this means that we will receive both the November and December payments in January.

2. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

In one place, it says the 5th. In another, it says the 28th.

2. Everyday Miracles profile image83
      Everyday Miraclesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Whoah, what? Did they announce that, or did they sneak it in there? I've been with HP for more than 11 years and it's always been the 28th since they instituted the Hubpages Earnings program!

Yeah, this is not good. I was going to use the money to pay a bill that's due at the end of the month. Wow. No warning.

1. Everyday Miracles profile image83

And they aren't checking in on the day that everybody expected to be paid, which is really disappointing. Communication has been poor these past few years.

2. sallybea profile image80
        sallybeaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

It says around the 28th day of each month.  I have only ever known it to be late once.

3. Everyday Miracles profile image83

There's no announcement in the announcements forum. If the pay date has changed and we weren't properly informed, that's really upsetting. I'd love to hear from the staff on this. Some of us have bills we pay when we get paid every month and are counting on our payment.

If I'm reading this correctly, does this then also mean that on January 5th we'll be paid for December's earnings, as well as November's earnings? That's not a bad deal, but it's like one last dig for 2020.

Yes, very frustrating and disappointing. Missing this bill is going to create a lot of problems for me. Was counting on that money.

2. NateB11 profile image86

You're right about that being a good deal being paid for both months though.

4. JR Cuevas profile image94
      JR Cuevasposted 3 years agoin reply to this

If that's the case. We should have received the november earnings by December 5? Am I right? So if we haven't received any, are they going to combine the november and december earnings on the 5th day of January?

13. Eric Caunca profile image94

https://hubstatic.com/15325947.jpg

I think the worst part might be that it now says "around the 5th" of every month. How are we supposed to know when we're actually going to get paid?

2. incomeguru profile image95
      incomeguruposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Hubpages ought to have informed us before now. Or has anyone been notified earlier?

14. Rachelle Williams profile image91

They changed the pay date? That's news that I must have totally missed - the pay day has been the 28th since the last 9 years that I've been here...

https://hubpages.com/faq/#royalties

Basically it looks like they snuck it in on us without communicating. VERY shady.

15. Glenn Stok profile image95
    Glenn Stokposted 3 years ago

The way I interpret the new payment schedule, we will get paid three weeks earlier from now on.

Instead of waiting till the 28th of the following month, we only need to wait till around the 5th of the following month.

The question remaining is how Amazon payments are included. HubPages needs to wait for Amazon to pay, which is why we always waited 60 days for that to be included in our monthly payment. But now I think (I’ve I’m guessing right) that we get that sooner too. 

If I’m right, we can expect a nice surprise around January 5th, with payments including November and December residuals, plus Amazon payments for October and November.

I can't find any announcement about this anywhere. If it was emailed, so many of these emails now filter to spam. Putting it in the announcements forum would have been the responsible thing to do.

"Around" the 5th isn't good enough. This is a large chunk of my income, and I need to know when I'm going to get paid so I can make arrangements to pay bills that I rely on Hubpages to pay.

For some of us who depend on this money, this is actually a delay this month. It might not be in future months, but it was *this* month. The team owed us better, IMO.

1. EsmeSanBona profile image82
        EsmeSanBonaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I am with you.  At this point, this is money I depend on, it’s not extra “fun cash.”  Maven supposedly just raised $24M to help a tech start up expand.  I think that money should have been spent on shoring up its existing holdings and paying its writers.

16. CYong74 profile image96
    CYong74posted 3 years ago

There's conflicting info. On the FAQs page, the date is still "about 28th."

https://hubpages.com/faq/

Management really needs to address this matter right away.

1. habee profile image92

I saw that, too: 28th of the month.

17. Michael Kismet profile image90
    Michael Kismetposted 3 years ago

Well, it’s official—the consensus is..

“It’s OUR money, and we want it NOW!”

C’mon guys, it’s just money. Lol.

Spoken from a place of privilege.

18. Eric Caunca profile image94

https://hubstatic.com/15325988.jpg

https://hubstatic.com/15325989.jpg

Yes, there's conflicting info, but what is that "5th of the ff. month"

19. Everyday Miracles profile image83
    Everyday Miraclesposted 3 years ago

I've searched the email account associated with this Hubpages account, and it seems I've not received any communication from Hubpages there since 2018. Oops. I must have notifications turned off. But this also means that announcements from the Hubpages team aren't being emailed to us.

There is nothing announced here in the forums about the delay in payment, or a new payment schedule reflecting the 5th of the month. There's conflicting information, as CYong74 pointed out.

If there was to be a delay, it seems that there should be an update in the forum and that we should have an update on our earnings page which reflects the expectation that we are to receive our pay on the 28th of the month -- as we have been every month with two exceptions since the current earnings program was released.

I've been here nearly 11 years and in that time, there have only been two delays. The latter was less than 12 months ago. Another so soon is definitely concerning.

Or are we expecting our pay on the 5th, and for that pay to include both November's and December's earnings?

I wish a team member would speak up, but as of now it's late from East to West coast of the United States.

20. Eric Caunca profile image94

I think it just being delay because the staffs are on vacation. I'm not sure, it just a guess.

I've been here 11 years. I'm not sure how long the Hubpages Ad Program has been running, but in that time they've only been late twice.

I'd be very surprised if it was because they were on vacation. They're generally very reliable.

I know we'll get paid, I just like to know *when* I can expect to get paid so I can make arrangements on bills I can't pay as a result of not having *been* paid.

Did they announce that two delay before?

No. In both cases it was like this, Hubbers coming to the forums to question where our earnings were.

In the second case (in February of this year), the payment was delayed by three or four days.

No announcement until much later in spite of the distress of the Hubpages community.

2. habee profile image92

I agree.

21. janshares profile image90
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

It's 10:30p (EST). Very unusual. Like others have said, no communication from HP is the worst. Lack of notification and clarity about changes is odd. What is going on?

22. EsmeSanBona profile image82
    EsmeSanBonaposted 3 years ago

I’m sorry but changing a firmly established payment schedule via changing the FAQ is sneaky, dishonest, and bad faith.  Period.

Worse, changing the payment schedule to “around the 5th” is a giant red flag that bad faith is the new normal at Hubpages where our payment is concerned.   

Any sort of payment delay by any company at any time for any reason is *always* a sign that trouble—big trouble—is brewing.

The owners of Maven, the company who bought Hubpages, do not have a great track record in the publishing business.  (Googling Maven and Sports Illustrated will give you a clearer picture of the company.) Research last year claimed the company only had enough capital to continue business through June of this year.  I guess we were lucky to have made it this far.

I was trying to decide if I was going to continue writing here or go elsewhere and this payment fiasco has made that decision quite easy. 

The work involved in creating a quality article here—photos, videos, quizzes, call outs, etc.—is not worth wondering if I’m going to get paid “around some time of some month” or searching the FAQ to discover when that time is or if it has changed.

I’m looking into writing for Medium. If anyone has any other suggestions, please post them.

1. Matt Wells profile imageSTAFF

The payment date did not change. There was a typo in the FAQ. You should still be paid around the 28th. I've updated the FAQ: https://hubpages.com/faq/#royalties

In that case, where's the money? "Around" the 28th has never been the case in all the almost 12 years I've been here. It's always been ON the 28th. Except for that other time this year you were late with the payments.

Twice in one year is becoming a pattern.

What's the delay?

2. Sherry H profile image90
        Sherry Hposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Matt. We appreciate your response.

23. neosurk profile image88
    neosurkposted 3 years ago

https://hubstatic.com/15326272_f1024.jpg

I pulled up an archive copy, and seems like the "5th of the following month" thing has been there since at least August, 2020. Kind of strange no one saw it since HP has been so regular in all payments.

The plot thickens!

24. Quoteslover profile image86
    Quotesloverposted 3 years ago

Maybe they are late because of Holidays

It would be the first time they've ever been late for that specific reason. The only other time I can distinctly recall was in February, and that was a "bank migration issue."

25. profile image0
    Engeltaposted 3 years ago

It happened a couple of months ago that they were late with payments. Maybe it’s happening again. Other than that, they’ve been pretty consistent. I don’t think it’s shady, or that they changed the day without announcing. Both dates are still there. Maybe the 5th is kind of a backup plan if they can’t make the payments on 28th. Anyway, I would advise anyone not to rely on Hubpages money to pay for anything. If you treat it as extra money, or investment or whatever it will put your mind at ease a lot.

1. Em Clark profile image91
      Em Clarkposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I agree and I tend not to budget it in for this reason, but a lot of us make enough here that it becomes hard not to count on it to some degree. The team needs to clarify the issue.

26. Em Clark profile image91
    Em Clarkposted 3 years ago

I’m thinking it has to do with the holidays and a delay because “business days” are thrown off this time of year. It would be good for the team to clarify though. Kinda rude not to.

27. CYong74 profile image96

What's worrying, though, is that previous Christmases had no issue. I would think it's automated or sheduled in advance. In any case, management really needs to give a statement right away.

1. Shesabutterfly profile image93
      Shesabutterflyposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I agree. I thought it was automated as well based on previous responses by staff in the past.

Although I can't say I'm surprised we have not been notified. Communication has been seriously lacking for quite awhile now. If I remember correctly, the last time this happened we were also not notified until after it was brought up in the forums.

I wonder if the 5th refers to when earnings post in our history from the previous month. The wording is not very good, if that is the case though. I've always had them updated on the 4th and then earnings paid out on the 28th. If they truly changed the payout date would they be obligated to notify us? Is that a part of the TOS? I would assume so, but nothing surprises me anymore.

28. Eric Caunca profile image94

https://hubstatic.com/15326699.jpg

https://hubstatic.com/15326700.jpg

https://hubstatic.com/15326702.jpg

I think the payment is still 28, and the payment for this month is just delay. Look at the other info on FAQ, it says 28th. The "5th of the month" just give us confusion. I think "5th" is just a typo error. I don't know. I'm sorry. I just became excited about my first 50$. Currently, I have earned more than 48$. I searched when will I receive my first 50$ if I've reached it but and Hubpages gave me that info. But it's good for the management, they discovered that there is an error on the FAQ. IDK.

But for management, I think it is better to announce that there will be a delay for payment than authors have no ideas what's happening.

29. Kierstin Gunsberg profile image96
    Kierstin Gunsbergposted 3 years ago

Emailing Team@Hubpages.com might be a better way for us to find out when we can expect our payouts since there’s no guarantee that the people who can answer this question are perusing the forums.

30. Rachelle Williams profile image91

I got paid about 30 minutes ago, check your accounts...

Yeah, I got mine too, after I’d already borrowed money to pay a bill. Haha. Oh, well, no harm no foul. For me anyway.

31. CYong74 profile image96

I received too. Thanks, Matt.

32. Kenna McHugh profile image91
    Kenna McHughposted 3 years ago

Pay out!!!

33. Gregory DeVictor profile image96
    Gregory DeVictorposted 3 years ago

I got paid too. What a relief! Thanks.

34. Eric Caunca profile image94

Sana all, got paid.

1. neosurk profile image88
      neosurkposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Sana 'ol big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)